The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Re: The WH Transition Thread --- all things Trump to Biden until Inauguration

Post by psunate77 »

So what I am reading is a lot of what has been posted on Parler here is from DeSantis?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Edit: Turns out this guy isn’t MAGA but an all-around saboteur. He’d been disowned by the local BLM because he just wants to burn shit down.

The guy who filmed the events leading to the shooting of Ashli Babbitt has been arrested. He's from Utah. He says he was there to observe and film. Not to rely too heavily on stereotypes, but he doesn't exactly look MAGA.
Sullivan is the founder of Insurgence USA, a Utah group focused on police reform and racial justice that he started after the death of George Floyd. An online fundraiser says the group wants to build local power to enable the community to “intervene in violence enacted by the state and government vigilantes."
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/01/14/ ... ho-was-us/

Last edited by Steve of phpBB on Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Shit, if I had known Biden was such a fucking commie, I would've voted for Trump.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:03 pm
Maybe apocryphal but I saw something that said one person provided the fbi with something like 17 names with verification from social accounts.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I guess that's the upside of not blocking all the MAGA turds.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm
Square Rob wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:19 pm Looking forward to the crazies making the inauguration completely unsafe and then right wing politicians using low turnout as proof that Trump won.
They've completely shutdown the Mall for next Wednesday (probably on both days on either side, too).

So, I mean, I wouldn't put it past Fox to try and pull that, but it will be mocked ruthlessly.
Yeah, what nonlinear said, Pents. Everyone over in the DMV knows to avoid DC for the inaugural - all the politicians are asking people to steer clear.
Of course, it still won’t stop the magas from spewing goo.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:11 pm I guess that's the upside of not blocking all the MAGA turds.
Yeah but that means they had a group in some town where they knew a bunch that went. Crazy.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Anyone see that AIG cancelled Curt Schilling's insurance and he is saying it's because he is Pro-Trump.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:30 am
‘Sup with the “I killed a minority” spider web tattoo, on a cop no less?

https://tattooartfromtheheart.com/tatto ... rituality/
Noli Timere Messorem
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I noticed that tattoo but the site I saw said it was a "served time" but your explanation makes more sense.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I had no idea what it meant, but it still freaked me out. It’s su belligerent. Of course cops would sport those.

Maybe we just need to ban men from police forces.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I never knew about the meaning behind it. I distinctly remember a guy getting the spiderweb around his elbow when I got my first ink, and reading that, it makes sense with the guy I saw getting it (keeping in mind it was back in 1997).

Does a royal straight flush in spades mean anything?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A few thousand bucks if you’re in Vegas.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Okay, this story about the guy arrested in Utah is super weird.

This is a long thread, but it raises concerns about the guy (from the Left) back around Thanksgiving.

Then here he is egging on the protestors at the Capitol ...

Then here's texts between Giuliani and the guy's brother - who appears to be in cahoots with him - about using him to blame the insurrection on Antifa.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The polling might tell the overall story, but what do Republicans who swear they're totally considering voting Democrat next time think? That's what really matters.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

AOC is ripping Biden and his Relief bill that is sending 1400.00 checks.. She insists he said he would give people 2000.00 for Covid relief. I honestly thought he said that too, but he is counting on DT 600.00 in the mix for some reason.

Anyways, I expect the "Squad" to be a pain in his ass.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

psunate77 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:28 am AOC is ripping Biden and his Relief bill that is sending 1400.00 checks.. She insists he said he would give people 2000.00 for Covid relief. I honestly thought he said that too, but he is counting on DT 600.00 in the mix for some reason.

Anyways, I expect the "Squad" to be a pain in his ass.
I'm generally fine with the Squad being a pain in the ass like that, because there does need to be pushing from the left (since there will always be pushing from the right).

But this particular gripe seems like bullshit to me. Biden is proposing exactly what AOC was calling for less than three weeks ago.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Not related to the mayhem at the Capitol...but have to say this: Fuck the entire Trump Family from now into eternity. (Ok...maybe not Barron. Maybe he'll do something to redeem himself).

The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.
The gall...you've got Secret Service Agents, protecting your family, and you won't let them use one of your 6 bathrooms?

And Ivanka still thinks she's got some kind of political future.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

She’s the Trump kid I hate the most. The sons are assholes, but they’re also stupid. She’s actually average intelligence, so her turpitude is worse.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:11 pm She’s the Trump kid I hate the most. The sons are assholes, but they’re also stupid. She’s actually average intelligence, so her turpitude is worse.
Frankly, I think you're giving her too much credit. I don't even think she's even average intelligence, but she has more emotional intelligence than her brothers for sure, which hides that she's a dummy.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:35 am Not related to the mayhem at the Capitol...but have to say this: Fuck the entire Trump Family from now into eternity. (Ok...maybe not Barron. Maybe he'll do something to redeem himself).

The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.
The gall...you've got Secret Service Agents, protecting your family, and you won't let them use one of your 6 bathrooms?

And Ivanka still thinks she's got some kind of political future.
I always liked hearing stories from and about the elder Bush and his Secret Service agents. Seems like he treated them like family, while the Trumps treat them like servants and a source of revenue, but forcing the Secret Service to pay insanely over-inflated rates to rent out cottages on his golf courses, pay for use of Trump's golf carts, etc... IIRC, the Secret Service had to pay $1 million a year to rent an apartment in Trump Tower when Melania initially refused to live in the White House.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

brian wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:12 pm
L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:11 pm She’s the Trump kid I hate the most. The sons are assholes, but they’re also stupid. She’s actually average intelligence, so her turpitude is worse.
Frankly, I think you're giving her too much credit. I don't even think she's even average intelligence, but she has more emotional intelligence than her brothers for sure, which hides that she's a dummy.
Obviously there’s no way to prove this. But let’s say the Trump kids are instead born in an average white suburbanite family. I think Ivanka breaks 1,000 on her SATs, maybe with the high school aided prep classes. Neither of the sons top 900.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

ivanka + toxic masculinity = ericdonjr
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

You guys will love this then..
psunate77
Jesus Quintana

Post by psunate77 »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Seriously. I mean, I wonder if she's just trapped because she can't support herself due to Jared's wonky finances?

Because someone that is even a little bit aware of her surroundings would've bailed on this shitshow a long time ago.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:25 pm
Seriously. I mean, I wonder if she's just trapped because she can't support herself due to Jared's wonky finances?

Because someone that is even a little bit aware of her surroundings would've bailed on this shitshow a long time ago.
Unless of course she's a vile, delusional human just like her father and siblings.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Occam's Razor and what not.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:16 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:25 pm

Unless of course she's a vile, delusional human just like her father and siblings.
I vote for vile, delusional...considering she thinks she's got some kind of political future...

IVANKA TRUMP APPARENTLY THINKS SHE’S GOING TO RIDE THIS INSURRECTION OUT AND BE PRESIDENT ONE DAY
The report goes on to claim that Trump told his daughter it would be “an insult that she would even want to engage with the crooks [who] are trying to bring him down,” which checks out, and that he supposedly told her that “her presence at the inauguration will cost her thousands of supporters and would be the worst decision she could ever make.” Ivanka, according to the story, believed that attending the inauguration would come across as “being a good sport and [would] gain [her] future supporters.” According to a Daily Mail source, Ivanka made clear she “has to protect her own political aspirations.”
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Take all of the Trump out of her, and just observing/grading her as a potential candidate:

She is as dull as Styrofoam.

I'm all for the Trump's delusions. Keep splitting the party in two, you fucking morons.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

What are her realistic aspirations? Rep from some hopelessly gerrymandered district and that's about it right?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Rush2112 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:50 pm What are her realistic aspirations? Rep from some hopelessly gerrymandered district and that's about it right?
She was reportedly looking at running FL. I have to think she'd be making a run at Senator of Governor, given how batshit crazy those people are.

Realistically? I mean... It's Florida. Who fucking knows?
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

I actually could only ever seeing her running on the Democrat side, and they would take her. Reclamation project. She was just a progressive trapped on that evilness of that family. She would get chewed up by Republicans fast.
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..