Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 11

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:49 pm
The Sybian wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:17 pm
I put in for him in my ESPN league. Auction, so I'll find out tomorrow morning. That could be a huge boon at TE. We have a $100 auction budget for the year, I have $42 left. Put in for Hill at $10. Probably won't be enough to get him, but I don't want to spend more for a one week play. Also picked him up in DSafe's league. CBS only has him listed as a QB, and I'm thinking Matt Ryan is a safer play.
Thanks for the help, guys. Matt Ryan cost me the game against DSafe and likely a playoff spot. Amazing how I start the wrong QB every week.
Sybian, I don't know why you're upset. That's eight straight losses to me, so you should be used to it now. I mean, sure, I've already won the under 8.5 team wins bet against you and got a bunch closer to winning both my under 6.5 team wins bet and my +620 bet against you to make the playoffs.

Yes, I'm gonna need you to lose the finale for that first bet because Sabo's 1-10 ass sure as shit ain't going to beat you next week.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

This was my second loss this season by less than .1 in fantasy football.
image.png
image.png (27.5 KiB) Viewed 328 times
I'm starting to remember why I quit fantasy football for so long.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:52 am
The Sybian wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:49 pm
The Sybian wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:17 pm
I put in for him in my ESPN league. Auction, so I'll find out tomorrow morning. That could be a huge boon at TE. We have a $100 auction budget for the year, I have $42 left. Put in for Hill at $10. Probably won't be enough to get him, but I don't want to spend more for a one week play. Also picked him up in DSafe's league. CBS only has him listed as a QB, and I'm thinking Matt Ryan is a safer play.
Thanks for the help, guys. Matt Ryan cost me the game against DSafe and likely a playoff spot. Amazing how I start the wrong QB every week.
Sybian, I don't know why you're upset. That's eight straight losses to me, so you should be used to it now. I mean, sure, I've already won the under 8.5 team wins bet against you and got a bunch closer to winning both my under 6.5 team wins bet and my +620 bet against you to make the playoffs.

Yes, I'm gonna need you to lose the finale for that first bet because Sabo's 1-10 ass sure as shit ain't going to beat you next week.
I'm just thrilled because this is the first year I didn't lose a keeper or my first round pick before the end of Week 1.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

This year is my best fantasy football team ever. 10-1 and just trampling people every week. Going to be neat to see how I blow it.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Gunpowder wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:47 pm This year is my best fantasy football team ever. 10-1 and just trampling people every week. Going to be neat to see how I blow it.
My second year in fantasy, I went 11-2 with McNabb, Westbrook, Moss, Houshmandzadeh, and Gates in his second year in the league. Set a record for points per game for our league that never got threatened until we added an additional lineup spot. Of course I lost in the first round.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I made such a bad trade in the league I commish that I shudder anytime I think of it. Tonight might be my first win in 5 games since the trade and had I not made the trade, I'd have won 4 of 5 and would be looking at a deep playoff run. Now I'm pretty sure I'm eliminated from contention, I just haven't done the math to confirm. I've tilted so much this season in that league.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

In 2014 I traded Odell Beckham around this time for Alfred Morris. I pretty much stopped doing trades after that. Turned down a real doozy this year - someone offered me DK Metcalf and Mike Evans for Nick Chubb and Noah Fant. Wanted to take it but decided to keep the RB stable.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I also traded Josh Gordon in week 5 or so of 2013 for Pierre Thomas, but the guy I traded with got buyer's remorse on Thomas so we re-traded them back the next week. Then Gordon blew up. Also had Alshon Jeffrey that year and cut him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:25 pm This is one ugly looking game tonight from a uni standpoint.
I don’t hate tonight’s though? Weird reflective shit on the Rams unis aside...
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:38 pm I made such a bad trade in the league I commish that I shudder anytime I think of it. Tonight might be my first win in 5 games since the trade and had I not made the trade, I'd have won 4 of 5 and would be looking at a deep playoff run. Now I'm pretty sure I'm eliminated from contention, I just haven't done the math to confirm. I've tilted so much this season in that league.
You can’t leave us hanging...

Worst move I made was dropping Michael Thomas week 1 his rookie year in a keeper league. Pretty sure I drafted him in the final round, could have kept him for a 15th rounder the following year, then 13, then 11. 3 year max. I had an injury and was torn on who to drop. Quickly regretted that one.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Brady sucks donkey nuts.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

A_B wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:08 pm Brady sucks donkey nuts.
Total donkey balls.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:58 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:47 pm This year is my best fantasy football team ever. 10-1 and just trampling people every week. Going to be neat to see how I blow it.
My second year in fantasy, I went 11-2 with McNabb, Westbrook, Moss, Houshmandzadeh, and Gates in his second year in the league. Set a record for points per game for our league that never got threatened until we added an additional lineup spot. Of course I lost in the first round.
The two years I won it all ($1500 payout) in the league I most recently played in for the better part of a decade was in '06 (LT) and '09 (CJ).

It's 1/3 draft, 1/3 management, 1/3 luck and what puts you over the top is when you have those three things going for you *and* you're in the midst of a generational season.
Noli Timere Messorem
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

This year people in my league dropped both Austin Ekeler and Nick Chubb after injuries and I spent most of my auction money on them and stashed both of them. So now I'm 10-1 with Nick Chubb back and Ekeler about to return. Lucky that people cut them for whatever reason.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:21 pm
Giff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:38 pm I made such a bad trade in the league I commish that I shudder anytime I think of it. Tonight might be my first win in 5 games since the trade and had I not made the trade, I'd have won 4 of 5 and would be looking at a deep playoff run. Now I'm pretty sure I'm eliminated from contention, I just haven't done the math to confirm. I've tilted so much this season in that league.
You can’t leave us hanging...

Worst move I made was dropping Michael Thomas week 1 his rookie year in a keeper league. Pretty sure I drafted him in the final round, could have kept him for a 15th rounder the following year, then 13, then 11. 3 year max. I had an injury and was torn on who to drop. Quickly regretted that one.
I was tilting after Drake was carted off and traded Allen/Gibson for Edmonds/Crowder. I checked and I win out and I'm in.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:56 am This year people in my league dropped both Austin Ekeler and Nick Chubb after injuries and I spent most of my auction money on them and stashed both of them. So now I'm 10-1 with Nick Chubb back and Ekeler about to return. Lucky that people cut them for whatever reason.
If my league wasn't keeper and we didn't institute an unregulated 2 IR spots as a COVID contingency, I would have been forced to drop at least one of them. I have McCaffrey, Chubb and Ekeler. And my WR#1 was Golladay, but fortunately I traded him for James Robinson, otherwise I'd be totally screwed. Fortunately, my division sucks and I'm tied for first with the H-to-H tiebreaker. If I don't win the division, I may not make the playoffs. TE Taysom Hill ended up being the difference for me.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:10 am
Gunpowder wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:56 am This year people in my league dropped both Austin Ekeler and Nick Chubb after injuries and I spent most of my auction money on them and stashed both of them. So now I'm 10-1 with Nick Chubb back and Ekeler about to return. Lucky that people cut them for whatever reason.
If my league wasn't keeper and we didn't institute an unregulated 2 IR spots as a COVID contingency, I would have been forced to drop at least one of them. I have McCaffrey, Chubb and Ekeler. And my WR#1 was Golladay, but fortunately I traded him for James Robinson, otherwise I'd be totally screwed. Fortunately, my division sucks and I'm tied for first with the H-to-H tiebreaker. If I don't win the division, I may not make the playoffs. TE Taysom Hill ended up being the difference for me.
You're not dead in our league, either. Site is being difficult about posting, but you can still get the 2-seed in the division in one scenario.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

At one point I had Golladay, Chubb, Ekeler and Miles Sanders all injured on the bench. Since I was 7-1 or whatever I decided to just punt that week with a tight end in the flex spot and I think I may have gone without a defense or something. Still won anyway. Playing the long game - just picked up my defense for the playoffs this past week...someone cut the Browns and they play against the Giants and Jets in weeks 15/16.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:46 am
You're not dead in our league, either. Site is being difficult about posting, but you can still get the 2-seed in the division in one scenario.
Oh, I know I have an outside shot, but my team always shits the bed. On paper (and in pregame projections), I had the highest or one of the highest expected scores every week. I just start the wrong QB and Miles Sanders sucks. I'm on a run of 7 straight division titles in my other league, and 23 years in the league without a title. Lost 4 or 5 championship games. Not winning that league gnaws at my soul.
-Pruitt