Week 12 NFL

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: Week 12 NFL

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Giff wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:59 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:07 pmWhen I first saw the possibility, I didn't realize Mike Evans was going to need (and get) the second garbage time TD.
Why are all players locked at 11:55?? That needs to change. At 12:02, I tried adding a player playing at 7:20pm and couldn't do it.
Add/Drop Deadline Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Sunday (excluding London games). Players whose teams already played will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period.

Been the same way for 17 non-COVID years and no one made a suggestion that would have affected it prior to the season when we solicited for rules for this season.

If you want to hate drop Mahomes and Kamara, go ahead. We'll lock your roster and I'll find someone else to take your place next season.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:18 pm I'm sure there is a logical reason why this game keeps getting delayed, while other games get played despite significant Covid losses for the teams involved? A couple weeks ago, the 49ers played a game against the Packers despite massive losses of players ineligible due to Covid. And, the Broncos played despite losing all four of their quarterbacks. So, why is this game being delayed and delayed?
The 49ers had 4 players on the COVID list. The Ravens have double that and the list keeps growing. Not to mention the list of players who are deemed high risk.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/25/ ... rs-packers
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

bfj wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:55 pm
sancarlos wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:18 pm I'm sure there is a logical reason why this game keeps getting delayed, while other games get played despite significant Covid losses for the teams involved? A couple weeks ago, the 49ers played a game against the Packers despite massive losses of players ineligible due to Covid. And, the Broncos played despite losing all four of their quarterbacks. So, why is this game being delayed and delayed?
The 49ers had 4 players on the COVID list. The Ravens have double that and the list keeps growing. Not to mention the list of players who are deemed high risk.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/25/ ... rs-packers
Yeah, the reason for the first two delays was that the positive results hadn’t stopped. They had in those other cases. Why they’re not playing tomorrow is a little more unclear.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I’m not making excuses. Maybe they are just giving more days to get more negative tests back from the high risk players. It keeps the Steelers players healthier also. You’d hate to lose your undefeated season because of losing a handful of players to COVID.

No idea.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Steve Young endearing himself to Ravens fans and only Ravens fans on Countdown insisting that a divisional game is too important to allow the Ravens to play without Lamar Jackson and that the game should be delayed until he’s available.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Six more Ravens added to the list today.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:51 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:07 pmWhen I first saw the possibility, I didn't realize Mike Evans was going to need (and get) the second garbage time TD.
Why are all players locked at 11:55?? That needs to change. At 12:02, I tried adding a player playing at 7:20pm and couldn't do it.
Add/Drop Deadline Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Sunday (excluding London games). Players whose teams already played will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period.

Been the same way for 17 non-COVID years and no one made a suggestion that would have affected it prior to the season when we solicited for rules for this season.

If you want to hate drop Mahomes and Kamara, go ahead. We'll lock your roster and I'll find someone else to take your place next season.
Weird. Players for each window locked a few minutes minutes before for my leagues in years past, but if a 425 game guy got ruled out at 415 you could replace him (assuming you had a player available in that window, not just go grab a free agent, mind you) Same for Monday games. Now a fucking Wednesday game after potential Free agent pickups, who the fuck knows.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A_B wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:27 pm

Weird. Players for each window locked a few minutes minutes before for my leagues in years past, but if a 425 game guy got ruled out at 415 you could replace him (assuming you had a player available in that window, not just go grab a free agent, mind you) Same for Monday games. Now a fucking Wednesday game after potential Free agent pickups, who the fuck knows.
He is talking about picking up someone as a replacement, not using someone from his bench. You can update your lineup until five minutes before a player's game starts.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Ah got you. I was about to add that you could actually pick up a player if you had an empty roster spot, but that basically never happened and you couldn't drop a player after the first games started even if he wasn't in the early window. Had to be a totally empty bench spot I think.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:35 pm As a person with two shares of Will Fuller that was just delightful.
Maybe check the waiver wire...
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Eagles might be better off with Pete Wentz at QB.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I’ll take Giff’s team.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

brian wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:59 pm Eagles might be better off with Pete Wentz at QB.
Hell, I think they'd be better off with Rick Allen at QB.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:04 pmI’ll take Giff’s team.
You should. Sabo beat you to get to 2-10 and keep his "lose five, win one" pattern alive.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:24 am
You should. Sabo beat you to get to 2-10 and keep his "lose five, win one" pattern alive.
What? How is that fucking possible?

ETA: You should be ashamed of yourself, Syb.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:44 am
DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:24 am
What? How is that fucking possible?

ETA: You should be ashamed of yourself, Syb.
I'm ashamed of Miles Sanders and his 3 points. It was funny watching last night, as I also had the Seattle D. I was within one point for a while, but the Eagles kept fluctuating above and below the 201 yard total, which was a 2 point difference. Then they lost 2 points on the TD and another 2 on Sanders' 2-pt conversion. It was interesting watching the % chance of winning meter. With 8 minutes left, just needing a Wentz turnover, they gave me a 1% chance of winning. I thought a sack/fumble or INT was inevitable. I don't think I had a chance at the playoffs anyways, but the embarrassment of losing to Sabo still stings. But not as bad as Giff's loss will hurt after jumping out to an enormous lead on Thursday with Fuller and Gibson, then the Mahomes game.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:31 pm
tennbengal wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:35 pm As a person with two shares of Will Fuller that was just delightful.
Oh shit, I completely missed the story behind this comment. Fuller suspended until Week 2 next year for violating PED policy.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Isn't there a Fantasy Football thread or something?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:23 am Isn't there a Fantasy Football thread or something?
Completing the season is probably a fantasy at this point so they're all fantasy threads.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:33 am
brian wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:23 am Isn't there a Fantasy Football thread or something?
Completing the season is probably a fantasy at this point so they're all fantasy threads.
Fair.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I've never played in a league where all transactions were locked at 11:55. It's one of those rules I would have never thought to look at and obviously never had to use in the four years I've been in the league. Of course, it's CBS where you waste 25% of the overall pool to their website so it's completely on me to not be up to speed with dumb rules.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A_B wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:31 pm
Ah well, nevertheless.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Giff wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:38 am I've never played in a league where all transactions were locked at 11:55. It's one of those rules I would have never thought to look at and obviously never had to use in the four years I've been in the league. Of course, it's CBS where you waste 25% of the overall pool to their website so it's completely on me to not be up to speed with dumb rules.
I think your leagues are in a small minority
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I'm really surprised at the number of people who have asked why the Broncos game wasn't moved. It sure seems pretty obvious why it wasn't -- there was indisputable proof that an entire position group didn't follow the NFL's rules. if the rules are followed, the game gets played.

(and I realize that you can argue the same thing about the Baltimore staffer, but -- and someone can tell me if I'm missing this -- I haven't seen anything about blatant violation of the covid rules beyond the staffer himself.)
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Giff wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:38 am I've never played in a league where all transactions were locked at 11:55. It's one of those rules I would have never thought to look at and obviously never had to use in the four years I've been in the league. Of course, it's CBS where you waste 25% of the overall pool to their website so it's completely on me to not be up to speed with dumb rules.
You want out? Just say so.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I'm sorry Dear Leader for venting my frustration at the rules and how the pool money is disseminated. I will be sure to voice my objections at a time more reasonable to you.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Sorry, being the petulant team owner I hate in the league I commish.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Role-playing. Nice.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Keep it fresh!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

For real, Giff, if you're not happy in the league, just say so. I want people to have at least a neutral experience.

I figure between this year and last year, you're actually pretty unhappy with the league, whether it's us using a site that charges money, another league owner managing his team in the way he decides is best to increase his team's chances at winning, or you not caring enough in four years of league membership to actually find out what the transaction rules are before deciding not to cover your team's ass when an NFL game might be canceled due to a pandemic in what probably amounts to a must-win scenario, or a combination of all three (and maybe more, I don't know what other league policies you haven't cared to find out about).

I have zero problem paying your dues for this season, so you can just walk away right now.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Come on, Dame. I already called myself a petulant child. Like I said, it's on me for not knowing the rules. In my 100s of cumulative seasons of playing fantasy sports, November 29th was the first time I had come across that scenario and it just happened to be in a must-win situation. Apologies I find that and someone trying to tank to knock me out of the playoffs annoying. I do not wish to drop out of the league as I do enjoy it. If it helps, I'll start posting more when it does bring me joy.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Cool. Besides, there's someone else who has been in the league for a long time (95% sure since the beginning) who is in the same boat as you with tomorrow's game and also did nothing about it. No need to post when you do enjoy the experience.

By the way, you better hope you win, as Stick will be in the same position this time around as last year if you don't.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

ETA: how he can be the only one, with no one else pulled based on tracing? shitshow

EATA: unless his removal was based on tracing? shitshow
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"Our center traveled with the team but was never within 6 feet of anyone else who is playing today" is peak nonsense that the NFL media will not investigate.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

The league takes players safety very seriously and has taken the proactive measure of only allowing shotgun formations (only QB lives matters)
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Already sick of the poor, over-matched underdogs from Baltimore narrative.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

rass wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:56 pm Already sick of the poor, over-matched underdogs from Baltimore narrative.
Throws like that from Roethlisberger will keep it alive.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:58 pm
rass wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:56 pm Already sick of the poor, over-matched underdogs from Baltimore narrative.
Throws like that from Roethlisberger will keep it alive.
Not so fast!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

No, plays like that fumble will. The INT sucked but he missed the window on that play and Balt ending up with the ball at the 4 wasn't the worst case.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Totally forgot about the RGIII era in Cleveland