image.png (42.64 KiB) Viewed 499 times
image.png
image.png (26.17 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 13

Post by Gunpowder »

Not going to track Over/Unders anymore, as they don't really seem to work all that well.

Fortunately, I worked Cleveland into my parlay and killed it. Good job whoever got that personal foul penalty!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Teams on byes are not counted and I haven't fixed that yet.
image.png
image.png (17.44 KiB) Viewed 488 times

Raiders pass the Panthers to move into the top spot for the toughest schedule, the Steelers move into last place with the easiest schedule so far. I wonder if the Raiders sucked enough last week to actually make Atlanta good enough to push them into the top spot?
image.png
image.png (20.22 KiB) Viewed 488 times
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Whoa check out the New Orleans/Denver game....I had 31-10 in the week 12 thread but that was before docking Denver's offense for "not having a fuckin' quarterback".

image.png
image.png (62.61 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

image.png
image.png (37.63 KiB) Viewed 482 times
image.png
image.png (34.25 KiB) Viewed 482 times
image.png
image.png (21.76 KiB) Viewed 482 times

Only one slight injury mod at the time being, a minor downgrade to 49ers offense.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Gave the Ravens a downgrade too but it's not really going to do anything significant.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Do you dock both teams for traveling to BUF-SF?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

You really think the Flying Taysoms will put up 41 points?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Rex wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:37 pm Do you dock both teams for traveling to BUF-SF?
Oh shit is it a neutral site game?
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:40 pm You really think the Flying Taysoms will put up 41 points?
My spreadsheet does. Excluding the occasional slight mods this is all automated.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:42 pm
Rex wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:37 pm Do you dock both teams for traveling to BUF-SF?
It’s in Arizona. But the Niners are probably also practicing there too, so I don’t think it would make sense to dock them. Interesting projection.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Rex wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:45 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:42 pm
It’s in Arizona. But the Niners are probably also practicing there too, so I don’t think it would make sense to dock them. Interesting projection.
Uhhh yeah - this is going to have to be taken into account every week. There's no way that wouldn't affect players.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

In the offseason I may try to tie the teams together more - ie adjustments to one team affect the other more.
image.png
image.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 456 times
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

You just hate the browns. 8-3 hookers.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:43 pm
sancarlos wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:40 pm You really think the Flying Taysoms will put up 41 points?
My spreadsheet does.
If I had a nickel for every time I’ve used a version of this response at work.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:43 pm
My spreadsheet does.
If I had a nickel for every time I’ve used a version of this response at work.
“Well what does column j say? Cause you sure as shit can’t see it on your screen!”
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

If you were the Jets, why would you fire Gase now? He almost guarantees you get the number 1 pick. You couldn't pay a guy to lose on purpose and get better results.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Gunpowder wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:05 am If you were the Jets, why would you fire Gase now? He almost guarantees you get the number 1 pick. You couldn't pay a guy to lose on purpose and get better results.
and he's the easy fall guy too. keeping the fall guy around who is actually achieving your objectives seems like a no brainer, right?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And you get to further fuck up his career record every week you keep him on.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

mister d wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:41 am And you get to further fuck up his career record every week you keep him on.
It worked for Hue!
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Is getting a slightly higher pick worth hurting the development of your young payers and having a horrible situation that will make your good players want to leave? It seems the "tank for" strategy only works occasionally. Is Trevor Lawrence supposed to be the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:05 am If you were the Jets, why would you fire Gase now? He almost guarantees you get the number 1 pick. You couldn't pay a guy to lose on purpose and get better results.
Should the Jets take Trevor Lawrence? I've got a personal bias towards Darnold, as he is a phenomenal person, and it will bother me if they get rid of him without ever giving him a chance. He hasn't been good, but I don't think he can take the blame for that. He hasn't had much protection, has no run game at all, and an average receiving corp at best.Not to mention missing significant playing time due to illness and injury. Gase is absolutely horrible and just admitted the other day at a press conference that he was brought in to develop Darnold and he's failing in that task. Unless Lawrence is the second coming of Peyton Manning, I don't want the Jets to take him. If they do, and they keep Gase, I think Lawrence is destined to fail and I can see Darnold flourishing under a better situation. Darnold is still just 23 years old with 3 years of experience. OTOH, the Jets can get 3 more years out of a starting QB under a rookie contract, not that they come close to spending their cap allowance.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

EdRomero wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am Is getting a slightly higher pick worth hurting the development of your young payers and having a horrible situation that will make your good players want to leave? It seems the "tank for" strategy only works occasionally. Is Trevor Lawrence supposed to be the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck?
How much of a benefit are you going to get from a few weeks of Greggggg as HC? Gase players seem to be fine after he leaves. And yeah Lawrence is supposed to be really good. I don't like him as much as everyone else seems to, but let's say you win a game. I guess if you like Fields more then try to win a game.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:45 am
Should the Jets take Trevor Lawrence? I've got a personal bias towards Darnold, as he is a phenomenal person, and it will bother me if they get rid of him without ever giving him a chance. He hasn't been good, but I don't think he can take the blame for that. He hasn't had much protection, has no run game at all, and an average receiving corp at best.Not to mention missing significant playing time due to illness and injury. Gase is absolutely horrible and just admitted the other day at a press conference that he was brought in to develop Darnold and he's failing in that task. Unless Lawrence is the second coming of Peyton Manning, I don't want the Jets to take him. If they do, and they keep Gase, I think Lawrence is destined to fail and I can see Darnold flourishing under a better situation. Darnold is still just 23 years old with 3 years of experience. OTOH, the Jets can get 3 more years out of a starting QB under a rookie contract, not that they come close to spending their cap allowance.
Yes, they probably should.

This was my mock in the Darnold year: viewtopic.php?p=196891#p196891

My biggest fear with Darnold was that he had too much Jameis in him and I think that's played out. Plus, what do you do now? Pay him Nick Foles money and cross your fingers?

Lawrence is another one of these guys like Allen and Herbert who have all the physical gifts but still do a lot of weird shit in college that you'd think would be a bad thing, but then they get to the NFL and the physical traits work out. Both Lawrence and Fields are in one-read offenses where they don't really go through any progressions, they just look at a guy and throw it to him. What Lawrence does have though is a tremendous deep ball and that alone is enough for me to pull the trigger on the talent.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

So if anything I'd say Lawrence is the second coming of Justin Herbert, one year later. Once Herbert got into an NFL offense, he suddenly played like Burrow did at LSU. The deep passing ability is what allows him to do that, otherwise teams would just sit in cover 2 against him all day and take away the short throws. 90% of Herberts throws are like 5 yards in the air with 5+ YAC, and the dimes he throws 50 yards downfield are what allows him to do it.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Just saw this, as luck would have it:

1. Mac Jones: 4.6 passes per game of 20-plus yards, 57% completion rate, 26.4 yards per pass, 10-2 TD-INT, 99.9 raw QBR
2. Zach Wilson: 4.3 per game, 69% completion rate, 27.2 yards per pass, 7-0 TD-INT, 99.9 raw QBR
3. Justin Fields: 3.0 per game, 73% completion rate, 27.2 yards per pass, 5-1 TD-INT, 99.9 raw QBR on said passes
4. Kyle Trask: 4.4 per game, 57% completion rate, 19.9 yards per pass, 8-1 TD-INT, 99.5 raw QBR
5. Ian Book: 3.3 per game, 40% completion rate, 15.9 yards per pass, 1-0 TD-INT, 89.0 raw QBR
6. Trevor Lawrence: 4.9 per game, 38% completion rate, 16.1 yards per pass, 5-2 TD-INT, 85.2 raw QBR

Obviously a lot goes in this other than how good the QB is.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Gunpowder wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:20 am So if anything I'd say Lawrence is the second coming of Justin Herbert, one year later. Once Herbert got into an NFL offense, he suddenly played like Burrow did at LSU. The deep passing ability is what allows him to do that, otherwise teams would just sit in cover 2 against him all day and take away the short throws. 90% of Herberts throws are like 5 yards in the air with 5+ YAC, and the dimes he throws 50 yards downfield are what allows him to do it.
I'll add one more thing - both Fields and Lawrence will stand in there and take HUGE hits as they throw. I noted that Darnold seems to flee to his right to the point that it's almost like a tic, and the "seeing ghosts" doesn't help. It was a bit of an issue with Dwayne Haskins. It is not even on the radar with the top two guys this year.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Ryan wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:44 am Just saw this, as luck would have it:

1. Mac Jones: 4.6 passes per game of 20-plus yards, 57% completion rate, 26.4 yards per pass, 10-2 TD-INT, 99.9 raw QBR
2. Zach Wilson: 4.3 per game, 69% completion rate, 27.2 yards per pass, 7-0 TD-INT, 99.9 raw QBR
3. Justin Fields: 3.0 per game, 73% completion rate, 27.2 yards per pass, 5-1 TD-INT, 99.9 raw QBR on said passes
4. Kyle Trask: 4.4 per game, 57% completion rate, 19.9 yards per pass, 8-1 TD-INT, 99.5 raw QBR
5. Ian Book: 3.3 per game, 40% completion rate, 15.9 yards per pass, 1-0 TD-INT, 89.0 raw QBR
6. Trevor Lawrence: 4.9 per game, 38% completion rate, 16.1 yards per pass, 5-2 TD-INT, 85.2 raw QBR

Kyle Trask just had to throw it in the vicinity of his TE (who is an insane monster) and it's a completion.

The main issue I can see with Lawrence on these is that if he's going deep, it's determined before the snap. Same with Fields but to a lesser degree. I've only watched a very little bit so far, to be fair.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Basically I'm ruined now and have to look a whole lot more at pure physical attributes.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Gunpowder wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:12 am
EdRomero wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am Is getting a slightly higher pick worth hurting the development of your young payers and having a horrible situation that will make your good players want to leave? It seems the "tank for" strategy only works occasionally. Is Trevor Lawrence supposed to be the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck?
How much of a benefit are you going to get from a few weeks of Greggggg as HC? Gase players seem to be fine after he leaves. And yeah Lawrence is supposed to be really good. I don't like him as much as everyone else seems to, but let's say you win a game. I guess if you like Fields more then try to win a game.
Bringing in shitty asshole coordinators is great for in-season job security.

Also, LeGarrette announces his retirement. Fun player to watch (other than that Philly Super Bowl)

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Blount certainly rehabilitated himself from how his college career ended.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:27 pm Blount certainly rehabilitated himself from how his college career ended.
Yeah, my very first thought about him after reading the retirement note, above, was about him clocking that guy on the field when he was in college.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That punch was never wrong.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

EdRomero wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:00 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:12 am
Bringing in shitty asshole coordinators is great for in-season job security.
Hue Jackson got fired in Cleveland when his coordinators were Todd Haley and Gregg Williams, with the latter becoming the interim head coach, despite winning twice as many games that season than in the two preceding seasons combined.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Gunpowder wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:14 pm
Ryan wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:44 am Just saw this, as luck would have it:

Kyle Trask just had to throw it in the vicinity of his TE (who is an insane monster) and it's a completion.

The main issue I can see with Lawrence on these is that if he's going deep, it's determined before the snap. Same with Fields but to a lesser degree. I've only watched a very little bit so far, to be fair.
To Trask's credit, he was 49-of-64 passing for 739 yards and 9 TDs in the two games that Pitts missed after he got knocked out vs. Georgia.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

but the problem with Trask's Heisman candidacy (and Mac Jones' too) is that there are very good arguments to be made that they are not the best offensive players on their teams. you could try to make that with Burrow last year (Chase) but it was far, far weaker.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

You can rough a wide receiver on a reverse when he throws it? That’s a new one.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Rex wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:26 pm You can rough a wide receiver on a reverse when he throws it? That’s a new one.
Looked like he lowered his helmet to initiate contact.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Sabo wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:33 pm
Rex wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:26 pm You can rough a wide receiver on a reverse when he throws it? That’s a new one.
Looked like he lowered his helmet to initiate contact.
Maybe it was just a generalized unnecessary roughness, but they definitely called it roughing the passer. I would think a defense needs to have more leash on a trick play