NFL Week 15

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 15

Post by Gunpowder »

In any normal week, he's an easy choice. I'm just afraid he drops his first pass and gets benched again.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:22 am SL and other Steelers fans (and others I suppose):

Similar nightmare - thoughts?

I'm gonna need 20 yards tomorrow night to win ( and no fumbles). I have juju or boyd available to choose from.

Twice this year JuJu had less than 20 yards in a game. Once 6 yards and once 19 yards.

Boyd has gone below 20 once, but that was a game after burrow got hurt with Allen at qb (against the giants).

Finley at qb for Cincy. Boyd had 62, 0, and 101 yards last year in Finley's three starts. The zero was against the raiders. The 101 was against the Steelers.

Nightmare 1: I go with Juju, Steelers control game and run it a ton and game script it to other receivers and juju goes under 20 when I pick him.

Nightmare 2: I go with Boyd, Finley is Finley, Steelers D line mauls bengals o line, and Boyd never really sees the ball, as happened a few weeks ago in giants game with Allen or last year once with Finley.

Nightmare 2 more likely, right? I gotta go w/ Juju?

It’s just 20 yards dammit. I shouldn’t be swearting it this much...

SL - I would stay Diontae in your scenario i think. I bet they force him the ball to show confidence in him. Which plays into my nightmare 2 scenario...

I would probably go with Juju here but yeah it's just such a dumb situation.

For me it sucks because I have to start paying winners this week and I'd rather pay myself.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Just fantasy silly to stress over such things when they should be lay-ups for 20+ receiving yards, but here we are...
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I've spent part of the last 2 games shouting "feed juju" at my TV for what that's worth.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

rass wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:37 am I've spent part of the last 2 games shouting "feed juju" at my TV for what that's worth.
I like it. Let's bring that energy for tonight. All together, we can make this happen. As an added incentive, the win would be over garyclark (baltimaher).
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:43 am
rass wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:37 am I've spent part of the last 2 games shouting "feed juju" at my TV for what that's worth.
I like it. Let's bring that energy for tonight. All together, we can make this happen. As an added incentive, the win would be over garyclark (baltimaher).
Though I'm pissed at you right now for missing my dumb A Tribe Called Quest joke on the previous page, so feed James Washington!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

GC would have gotten that joke. I, um, I never listened to Tribe. So any jokes over my head for sure.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:19 pm If the Saints lose today, the Bears will win at Jacksonville next week while Green Bay disposes of Tennessee. This will enable them to then win at home against a Green Bay team who has nothing to play for, meaning they would close on a four-game win streak to squeak into the playoffs (and lose on the road in the wild card round), the Bears will retain Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy, they'll probably try to re-sign Mitchell Trubisky, and I'll drive directly into a snowplow.
I looked closer at standings and schedules after posting this yesterday and I believe all it would take for the Packers to rest some guys in Week 17 is a home win next week over Tennessee and the Rams winning at Seattle (they already beat them at home and it's a bounce back game after losing to the Jets yesterday). GB beat the Saints head-to-head and a Seahawks loss would ensure GB of the better record in the conference.
tennbengal wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:17 pm Thoughts, dsafe:

It's going to happen. Bears currently are $2.5 million under the cap next year with some obvious cuts that can be made (Graham and Bobbie Massie are at the front of the line). Trubisky's fifth-year option was $24.8 million, so I can definitely see some sort of short on years (two?) contract at around $15 million per. Foles carries $14+ million dead money if they cut him, so he'll be back. Ryan Pace gave Mike Glennon $16 million for one year and Chase Daniel over $10 million for two years, so I'm super excited to see what he does now.

By the way, this super offense that has scored 103 points the last three weeks has come against three teams ranked in the bottom seven in rushing attempts against and bottom nine in rushing yards allowed. Enjoy it, Mitchell.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

We get to be real-time witnesses to D-Safe’s descent into madness!

But, tbh, the Bears looked like they had a real nfl offense yesterday. (Before adjusting for Viking defense.)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:28 pm We get to be real-time witnesses to D-Safe’s descent into madness!

But, tbh, the Bears looked like they had a real nfl offense yesterday. (Before adjusting for Viking defense.)
I wanted to use defensive DVOA to illustrate the weakness of the defenses they have faced, but they were unavailable to me because Football Outsiders only listed the top 16 teams overall to non-subscribers. And they play the Jags next week. So...
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:23 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:19 pm If the Saints lose today, the Bears will win at Jacksonville next week while Green Bay disposes of Tennessee. This will enable them to then win at home against a Green Bay team who has nothing to play for, meaning they would close on a four-game win streak to squeak into the playoffs (and lose on the road in the wild card round), the Bears will retain Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy, they'll probably try to re-sign Mitchell Trubisky, and I'll drive directly into a snowplow.
I looked closer at standings and schedules after posting this yesterday and I believe all it would take for the Packers to rest some guys in Week 17 is a home win next week over Tennessee and the Rams winning at Seattle (they already beat them at home and it's a bounce back game after losing to the Jets yesterday). GB beat the Saints head-to-head and a Seahawks loss would ensure GB of the better record in the conference.
tennbengal wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:17 pm Thoughts, dsafe:

It's going to happen. Bears currently are $2.5 million under the cap next year with some obvious cuts that can be made (Graham and Bobbie Massie are at the front of the line). Trubisky's fifth-year option was $24.8 million, so I can definitely see some sort of short on years (two?) contract at around $15 million per. Foles carries $14+ million dead money if they cut him, so he'll be back. Ryan Pace gave Mike Glennon $16 million for one year and Chase Daniel over $10 million for two years, so I'm super excited to see what he does now.

By the way, this super offense that has scored 103 points the last three weeks has come against three teams ranked in the bottom seven in rushing attempts against and bottom nine in rushing yards allowed. Enjoy it, Mitchell.
Last off-season I knew a team with cap space problems and they solved their qb vacancy with Cam Newton. He may be available for the Bears.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Uh oh
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Rex wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:18 pmUh oh
Had Shazier flashbacks. Glad he was ok(ish).

Anyone else seeing a plethora of UNH commercials this weekend, including this last break?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I am still worried. Is Roeth stoned? Can they play JuJu at QB until he gets his 20 yards?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Did you get Randy Bullock fired at Christmas???
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

How many yards you gonna need now?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This is hilarious. Even for me. And the Bengals.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Helmet to helmet? Not a thing anymore?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:05 pm Helmet to helmet? Not a thing anymore?
U r kidding right? You, a steelers fan, asking that? C'mon man.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Feed mason Rudolph?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Tomlin be fixing everything during these crazy intense practices, like the guru he is.

Hate these people.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I swear to god if juju gets some garage time yards I’m gonna get really pissed
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Only Tomlin can bring a team from 10-0 to complete suck in 4 weeks.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This is absolutely flabbergasting to watch.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I mean, the QB has been devastatingly bad tonight.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

rass wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 pm I mean, the QB has been devastatingly bad tonight.
Like, almost benchable bad but I couldnt' do it. Nonetheless, this is not a well-coached team.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The gods are cruel. Gonna lose my playoff game somehow only coming in needing 20 yards, and you all are securing ZT's job for year 3. Just...unreal.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 pm This is absolutely flabbergasting to watch.
I went to see if juju had twenty yards yet and saw that Big Ben as just at 19. Oof.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

A_B wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:48 pm
tennbengal wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 pm This is absolutely flabbergasting to watch.
I went to see if juju had twenty yards yet and saw that Big Ben as just at 19. Oof.
Not only that but JuJu has fumbled. And has a -6 yards. So I need 46 now. It's not gonna happen.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Levy with the dagger: “Steelers kickoff for the first time tonight”
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:53 pm
Not only that but JuJu has fumbled. And has a -6 yards. So I need 46 now. It's not gonna happen.
OMG!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Word from bengals reporter twitter is they are benching Roeth.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 pm
OMG!
Even with my fantasy luck this is unreal.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Has a team ever started 11-0 and then lost six straight?
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Nope, still Roeth. Stupid Bengals reporters with the wrong info.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

If Trump came out tonight and said he lost the election it would still be the second-most surprising thing of the night.

No reason this game shouldn’t have been a 42-3 Steeler win.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:02 pm Has a team ever started 11-0 and then lost six straight?
Seema almost likely at this point.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:00 pm
Jerloma wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 pm
OMG!
Even with my fantasy luck this is unreal.
No PPR? TD would do it too, right?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Not a PPR league. Yes, a TD would do it, but...that's not really something JuJu does anymore.

Also, he's only throwing the ball to Diontae now.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:12 pm
brian wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:02 pm Has a team ever started 11-0 and then lost six straight?
Seema almost likely at this point.
It blows my mind that the Steelers have eleven wins and have clinched a spot but the browns very likely could get to 11 and be out. The afc is weird.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.