Merry Christmas!

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:26 pm
Shirley wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:26 pm We watched Home Alone 2 for the first time the other night. It's funny in that it's nearly the EXACT same movie, with the same plot point as the first one, but just set in NYC instead of his house in Chicago. Still better than it had any right to be though.
The big difference that makes the sequel worse than the original is its lack of heart. It's just slapstick. It misses the whole sub-plot of the original where little Kevin gets to know the old man next door and learns a lesson about judging people you don't know.
But he meets Donald trump and forgets all that!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Shirley wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:26 pm We watched Home Alone 2 for the first time the other night. It's funny in that it's nearly the EXACT same movie, with the same plot point as the first one, but just set in NYC instead of his house in Chicago. Still better than it had any right to be though.
The big difference that makes the sequel worse than the original is its lack of heart. It's just slapstick. It misses the whole sub-plot of the original where little Kevin gets to know the old man next door and learns a lesson about judging people you don't know.
Well, it has the exact same subplot, but this time with a scary old lady (the pigeon lady). Not an original idea in the whole movie.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:12 pm
Well, it has the exact same subplot, but this time with a scary old lady (the pigeon lady). Not an original idea in the whole movie.
Well, it made a ton of money the first time, why not make it again! I'm not even sure I ever saw the second movie. I feel like I must have.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt