Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: WILDCARD WANKFEST

Post by Gunpowder »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:40 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:30 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:29 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:27 pm I'm over the Ben Roethlisberger experience, btw. He looks like late-career Eli Manning, but they'll probably fall for all of these fluff numbers and ride it one more year. People had been saying that he was playing well this year and at no point did I have any idea what they were watching. This WR group is ridiculously good and were mostly just wasted.
Cleveland jumping to that massive lead played right into what the Steelers do well on offense - throw little short passes. The Browns ended up playing deep zones and having back-seven tackling drills most of the night.
It's not that they do that well, it's all they can do because Eli doesn't want to take those hits anymore.
This is fair, their line graded out poorly in some analyses this year, especially pass pro. Getting the ball out quickly kept him as the least-sacked QB in the league.
I think it's all connected. If a defense knows you aren't going to throw down the field, they can send whatever they want at you without any fear of getting punished for it.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse