Re: DIVISIONAL ROUND DONGPARTY

Post by HaulCitgo »

Ditto.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:59 pm he didn't hit his head; reportedly got chopped in a neck nerve that triggers the sensation of being choked out.

(you can tell that something is amiss before his head gets close to the turf in the replay)
This is how I saw it. I don’t think his head hit, it looked like he took a shot to the side of the neck.
yeah, it's really weird. I can't remember seeing anything like it before. his facemask hit his hand while his hand on was on the ground but the crown of his helmet never hit the turf. the whiplash/impact to the neck from the hit is what appears to have triggered it.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:17 pm
The Sybian wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:59 pm he didn't hit his head; reportedly got chopped in a neck nerve that triggers the sensation of being choked out.

(you can tell that something is amiss before his head gets close to the turf in the replay)
This is how I saw it. I don’t think his head hit, it looked like he took a shot to the side of the neck.
yeah, it's really weird. I can't remember seeing anything like it before. his facemask hit his hand while his hand on was on the ground but the crown of his helmet never hit the turf. the whiplash/impact to the neck from the hit is what appears to have triggered it.
That sounds like a great career move. Go from running arguably the most fun offense ever with the league MVP QB and tons of weapons to a bad offense with a dead armed QB, one aged tiny white boy WR and working for Belichick, who seems like a delightful boss.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

uh
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Do You Predict The Sybian Will be Cleared to post on the Swamp next Sunday?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:36 am Do You Predict The Sybian Will be Cleared to post on the Swamp next Sunday?
That's great. But I somehow know what he means.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Don't worry, I got everything back on track.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:36 am Do You Predict The Sybian Will be Cleared to post on the Swamp next Sunday?
Ha! Sorry, posting from my phone while trying not to fall back asleep 5 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off. I thought I was responding to something Rush posted about Bienemy going to the Patriots as OC.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:49 am
Ha! Sorry, posting from my phone while trying not to fall back asleep 5 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off. I thought I was responding to something Rush posted about Bienemy going to the Patriots as OC.
You still need to be checked out under the blue tent along with every NFL owner trying to hire someone other than Bienemy as head coach right now.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 am
You still need to be checked out under the blue tent along with every NFL owner trying to hire someone other than Bienemy as head coach right now.
I can't disagree on either point. I was hoping the Jets would hire Bienemy. I wonder if he is an offensive genius, or if he is able to pull of some crazy schemes because his team is loaded with immense talent and speed. He clearly couldn't run those plays with the Jets offense, but maybe he is genius enough to build a scheme that could succeed with the players on the Jets roster. Everything I've read about Saleh sounds great, so I'm not disappointed.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I can see where an outside team has more trouble deciding whether to hire an OC under an offensive coach.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:24 am I can see where an outside team has more trouble deciding whether to hire an OC under an offensive coach.

Now imagine that OC is black.

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:47 am I think if you were trying to make sure your superstar QB was eligible to play in the conference title game, you'd do anything possible to spin the narrative away from concussion as quickly as possible. Not saying the choke-out explanation isn't legit, it might be, but it should be viewed with a lot of skepticism.
this works better if it's not an independent medical team in charge of the protocols
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Given there's no such thing as an absolute test, I think shaping the narrative early would still have its benefits.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

sure; but it's a limited effort vs. something you can control the entire process of
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

"independent medical team"
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is this like the independent arbitrators that either side can fire after an unfavorable decision, except where both sides would find the same decision unfavorable?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I saw this during the game and almost spit out my beer...
joshallenposter.jpeg
joshallenposter.jpeg (75.28 KiB) Viewed 218 times
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:58 am "independent medical team"
the flaw with the independent medical team isn't that they may not be independent -- I doubt their contract depends on how many players they clear -- but the truthfulness of the players. I'm sure numerous players have been able to pass concussion protocols by being able to push through some symptoms they shouldn't be pushing through.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I'm gonna go ahead and say the flaw also is they may not be independent. Look, we all get it, he's gonna play. It's the AFC title game and he is Patrick Mahomes. I am positive the concussion protocol is malleable enough to clear him. But let's not pretend it is anything other than what it is. No Bengals player this year was in protocol from a Sunday game injury and played the next week. Pretty sure that is the very majority experience around the league. But...it will be different this week.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I have it on very high authority that the NFL actually supports and encourages (not sure about enforcing) independent medical determinations, made in the best interest of player safety and removed from team interest. The same source also confirmed that this was not the case prior to the concussion story breaking open. He detailed several stories from 3 or 4 coaching regimes ago where he was placed under great pressure to clear players, and he told the owner he was resigning rather than doing it, and surprisingly, the owner ordered the coach to back off. He said most teams up until recently would fire the doctors for not clearing players, but that is no longer tolerated.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:59 pm I have it on very high authority that the NFL actually supports and encourages (not sure about enforcing) independent medical determinations, made in the best interest of player safety and removed from team interest. The same source also confirmed that this was not the case prior to the concussion story breaking open. He detailed several stories from 3 or 4 coaching regimes ago where he was placed under great pressure to clear players, and he told the owner he was resigning rather than doing it, and surprisingly, the owner ordered the coach to back off. He said most teams up until recently would fire the doctors for not clearing players, but that is no longer tolerated.
You can both believe this to be true and still believe that Mahomes is going to get cleared no matter what.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:56 am
I can't disagree on either point. I was hoping the Jets would hire Bienemy. I wonder if he is an offensive genius, or if he is able to pull of some crazy schemes because his team is loaded with immense talent and speed. He clearly couldn't run those plays with the Jets offense, but maybe he is genius enough to build a scheme that could succeed with the players on the Jets roster. Everything I've read about Saleh sounds great, so I'm not disappointed.
Jets WRs arguably one of the faster groups in the league
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:34 pm
The Sybian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:56 am
Jets WRs arguably one of the faster groups in the league
Perriman and Berrios are fast, and Mims missed the beginning of the season, but he showed some potential, but I don't think those guys don't come close to Hill, Hardman, and Robinson's speed. Although, I am curious to see what would happen if you straight up switched Darnold and Mahomes and see what happens.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:49 pm Perriman and Berrios are fast, and Mims missed the beginning of the season, but he showed some potential, but I don't think those guys don't come close to Hill, Hardman, and Robinson's speed. Although, I am curious to see what would happen if you straight up switched Darnold and Mahomes and see what happens.
If there were a race for NFL's fastest player, Perriman would probably be in it. Him and Mims are arguably the fastest set of WRs in the NFL in terms of track speed. Now that doesn't always correlate to playing speed but these dudes are straight up burners. Even if they aren't Chiefs level, I don't know if there's another team that would be closer to KC.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

In Tyreek Hill's rookie year with Alex Smith at QB he averaged 9.7 yards per catch. How is that even possible?
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:44 pm In Tyreek Hill's rookie year with Alex Smith at QB he averaged 9.7 yards per catch. How is that even possible?
his route/target ratio was ... something