To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by mister d »

Also saves you from the dreaded re-friending.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I mean, this is interesting...

And so is this...

But like, is the walking orange bag of dogshit going to fry for this?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Some shitty rural county in Nevada named it's justice center after Trump. The proclamation linked here is hilarious.

"Solved the Western Hemisphere's humanitarian crisis..."

Fucking cult, man.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:37 pm Some shitty rural county in Nevada named it's justice center after Trump. The proclamation linked here is hilarious.

Fucking cult, man.
And Biden is so horrible, the humanitarian crisis came back his first minute in office!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:43 pm
brian wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:37 pm Some shitty rural county in Nevada named it's justice center after Trump. The proclamation linked here is hilarious.

Fucking cult, man.
And Biden is so horrible, the humanitarian crisis came back his first minute in office!
Someone basically said the exact thing (but meant it seriously).
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

He cleaned house after the election and fired everyone then appointed "acting" personnel. One of which was the fucking SecDef who made sure there was a delay in the response of the terrorist attack.

It was an inside job from the jump. Too bad the media couldn't call it a terrorist attack and go into DEFCON Malaysian Flight 370.

Guaranteed that there was a plan amongst the Joint Chiefs and Service Chiefs that actual possible neutralization of the threat could happen. Like Jamie Lannister/Mad King shit if you get my drift.

I swear to God. When Republicans take back the house next year Biden gets impeached. That will be a political talking point hammered relentlessly by the right and "both sides" by the rest of the media. Then when the Senate goes back to Republican rule, the filibuster gets turfed and all types of legislation gets passed to help prevent the power from ever shifting back. How is this not seen by anyone?

I am very certain we'll see a Congress member murdered on live TV in my lifetime too. And I'm sure Jake Tapper or Don Lemon will invite Kevin McCarthy on to ask softball questions about it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Wait, I'm sorry... I guess I was paying attention? Because this isn't in any way a surprise or really all that revelatory.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I watched it. I guess point Hayes is making is the coordinated effort to work the Georgia grift was in five other states as well. Not sure I buy that "senior DOJ officials" were able to quell it though? Like, what stopped turmp from firing the acting AG and putting the guy cited in the report in? What was the backstop against that? Military? Something else? Why shy away from going that last step when their attempts had already gone so far?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:19 am I watched it. I guess point Hayes is making is the coordinated effort to work the Georgia grift was in five other states as well. Not sure I buy that "senior DOJ officials" were able to quell it though? Like, what stopped turmp from firing the acting AG and putting the guy cited in the report in? What was the backstop against that? Military? Something else? Why shy away from going that last step when their attempts had already gone so far?
From what I gather, someone at DOJ leaked documents that prove what we all suspected. The Acting AG drafted a memo for DOJ letterhead stating the DOJ found proof of massive voter fraud in 5 states. He sent it down to whoever would submit the memo, and those people refused to do it. I've heard a lot about recordings or contemporaneous notes of Trump telling the acting AG to say their is an investigation and substantial evidence, even if there isn't. Same shit he pulled with Ukraine investigating Biden. Trump said something to the effect of, "just say there is an investigation, even if there isn't, and I'll take care of the rest." Just like his investigators in Hawaii who have unbelievable evidence on Obama's birth certificate. I can't tell you now, but just wait, when I tell you, you won't believe how tremendous the evidence is. Always promises a huge announcement, hints at what it's going to be, then never delivers, because obviously it's a lie, and his moron cult walk away believing it was true. He's done it countless times, and the fools still fall for it every time.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:05 am I can't tell you now, but just wait, when I tell you, you won't believe how tremendous the evidence is. Always promises a huge announcement, hints at what it's going to be, then never delivers, because obviously it's a lie, and his moron cult walk away believing it was true. He's done it countless times, and the fools still fall for it every time.
How many times did we hear from him that something was 'couple of weeks away'? Like his 'beautiful health care plan', for example...
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:02 am
The Sybian wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:05 am I can't tell you now, but just wait, when I tell you, you won't believe how tremendous the evidence is. Always promises a huge announcement, hints at what it's going to be, then never delivers, because obviously it's a lie, and his moron cult walk away believing it was true. He's done it countless times, and the fools still fall for it every time.
How many times did we hear from him that something was 'couple of weeks away'? Like his 'beautiful health care plan', for example...
I'm still old enough to remember when the number of COVID cases was gonna go down to zero soon.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

brian wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:05 am
I'm still old enough to remember when the number of COVID cases was gonna go down to zero soon.
I'm old enough to remember infrastructure week. Those were a crazy seven days.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Or thinking this is what will end Trump for good?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

EdRomero wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:15 am
Or thinking this is what will end Trump for good?
FWIW, I get what you're saying but it's pretty obvious there's literally nothing that would end him for good. The MAGA cult is just too invested at this point. Trump could piss on a burning American flag and the cultists would explain it away somehow.

But I think every little thing chips away at him enough to cause damage. I think it's the reason Biden won. In the large set of Trump supporters, peeling off just half million or so since 2016 was enough to swing the election to Biden. That's why I don't agree with the idea that the media should ignore him. It should absolutely continue to call out his bullshit and insanity. It just doesn't need to amplify his message since he doesn't have social media any more.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

It's too bad the news can't editorialize when they describe him with facts, like "former reality show host Donald Trump, who the American public legitimately fired from the Presidency when he completely botched the COVID response, stated on his blog today..."
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:43 am It's too bad the news can't editorialize when they describe him with facts, like "former reality show host Donald Trump, who the American public legitimately fired from the Presidency when he completely botched the COVID response, stated on his blog today..."
I almost wish Trump was actually intelligent instead of just massively emotionally intelligent so he could just say in plain English "Oh yeah, I totally figured out how to hack the news media to report my every insane utterance, specially because it was designed to provoke and antagonize."

His relationship with the media is actually a 40-year masterclass in how to play and exploit the media to serve your needs. Some of the difference between when you see him interviewed in the 80s and he actually sounds coherent and intelligent is mental decline or some sort or another, but part is just merely needing to be even more louder and most bombastic and more insane to keep the attention of the media in internet/social media era than the pre-internet era of the 80s and early 90s.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:30 am FWIW, I get what you're saying but it's pretty obvious there's literally nothing that would end him for good. The MAGA cult is just too invested at this point. Trump could piss on a burning American flag and the cultists would explain it away somehow.
It's because ANTIFA set it on fire and there was no water. So cult leader piss is appropriate. It's basically yellow holy water. Duh.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This is a great Reddit comment:

(It's a bit long, but sums up everything well.)

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Also, the Dominion lawsuit against him is moving forward.

He needs to turn a pillow of his into a waifu girl and hug and cry into it beginning now.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:36 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:15 pm In a similarly unsurprising vein, Jay Cutler has also endorsed Trump.
"Vote for Trump. Or not. Whatever, man"
Jay Cutler running for school board in 2024 because he doesn't like the mask mandate?
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

JFC, why is it always Nashville with this shit? Tray Clavis, Cutler, some dude my childhood BF's wife posted to FB. Fuck the fuck off with your complaints about wearing a mask!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:34 pm JFC, why is it always Nashville with this shit? Tray Clavis, Cutler, some dude my childhood BF's wife posted to FB. Fuck the fuck off with your complaints about wearing a mask!
A mother posted on my Town FB forum with a link to a petition to the school Superintendent to refuse to follow the Governor's mask mandate. First, the school can't go against the Governor on this one, so she is an idiot straight off. But man, the responses were beautiful (and brutal). I looked for it this morning to see the new responses, but I'm guessing she took it down because I can't find it. People just tearing her a new asshole for being selfish putting her kids' slight discomfort ahead of protecting teachers and other students. She kept coming back with "but muh freedoms!" and nobody was having it. Then she linked that video of a guy saying masks don't work, followed by 10 people posting videos debunking that guy. Then she started attacking everyone for not researching the sources they link, and a number of people discrediting her sources. So much fun, except I know she has a kid in my daughter's class.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

This seems like a bad idea...

I'm willing to bet that this officer has been told that theyare going to get named (by FoxNews, probably) and so is trying to get ahead of it.

I hope to God they aren't African American...or Muslim.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Looks white from what I can briefly tell.

Her getting shot:
[+] spoiler
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Must admit a wee portion of me wanted this officer to not GAF and be the darkest Muslim the world’s ever known.

You know…To own the snowflakes.
Noli Timere Messorem
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

These fuckers are trying so hard to make her into their very own Horst Wessel.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:03 am These fuckers are trying so hard to make her into their very own Horst Wessel.
I'm sick of Liberal social media attacking Horst Wessel. I mean, sure he was a Nazi, but did they get to know the REAL Horst? He had some good qualities I'm sure.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:32 am
Pruitt wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:03 am These fuckers are trying so hard to make her into their very own Horst Wessel.
I'm sick of Liberal social media attacking Horst Wessel. I mean, sure he was a Nazi, but did they get to know the REAL Horst? He had some good qualities I'm sure.
Heh.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

He was only fighting to make Germany great again.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:27 am
He was only fighting to make Germany great again.
Horst and Trump both loved them some prostitues.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:49 pm This seems like a bad idea...

I'm willing to bet that this officer has been told that theyare going to get named (by FoxNews, probably) and so is trying to get ahead of it.

DailyMail.com can reveal the Capitol Hill cop who shot Air Force vet Ashli Babbitt, 35, on January 6 is Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd, 53

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... EALED.html
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Baloney wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:34 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:49 pm This seems like a bad idea...

DailyMail.com can reveal the Capitol Hill cop who shot Air Force vet Ashli Babbitt, 35, on January 6 is Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd, 53

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... EALED.html
Uh oh. He's Black.

And you know where the Daily Mail's sympathies lie when you see this in a sub-headline...
28-year veteran who once left his loaded weapon in Capitol restroom will reveal his identity in interview with NBC's Lester Holt tonight
By the way, this is Ms. Wessel's husband...

You just know that he's got some tattoos that the ADL wouldn't approve of.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:25 pm Looks white from what I can briefly tell.

Her getting shot:
[+] spoiler
Samsonite. I was way off.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

This is a great thread.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Hey, who had "actually guys, Bin Laden wasn't that bad" as the new GOP talking point?

After January 6, anyone who still supports Trump and either (a) knew he was a complete incompetent fraud, or (b) should have known better, America would be a much better place if they all fucked off.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 pm This is a great thread.
Thanks for the link, that is fantastic. I can't overstate how much it takes for a judge to actually issue sanctions. I feel compelled to read the opinion, but it is 110 pages... If anyone else has the desire: link
-Pruitt