A Nasty Stiffarm

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

EnochRoot
The Dude

Re: A Nasty Stiffarm

Post by EnochRoot »

TT2.0 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:20 pm my mom harassed me til I got an appointment the 14th. anxiety about it has been kind of nasty. haven't decided if I'm keeping the appointment or just going to lie about it.
If anxiety is preventing you from taking on the responsibilities of daily life, then you need to speak with your doctor.
Noli Timere Messorem
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:42 am
TT2.0 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:20 pm my mom harassed me til I got an appointment the 14th. anxiety about it has been kind of nasty. haven't decided if I'm keeping the appointment or just going to lie about it.
If anxiety is preventing you from taking on the responsibilities of daily life, then you need to speak with your doctor.
this isn't news. my potential for abuse with meds is too high and I haven't been able to afford the therapy
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Got my first jab three hours ago and I'm starting to feel pretty lousy. This might shape up to be a long day.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

TT2.0 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:50 am
this isn't news. my potential for abuse with meds is too high and I haven't been able to afford the therapy
There are several non-abusive/non-addictive SSRIs / SNRIs that can provide significant relief of anxiety without side effects sought after by addictive personalities. Talk to your doctor to be fully informed.
Noli Timere Messorem
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

My asthma was a little more pronounced this past Saturday, a day after my first jab. I don't know whether it's a slight side-effect or simply because I was outside all afternoon during a season change.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:40 am
There are several non-abusive/non-addictive SSRIs / SNRIs that can provide significant relief of anxiety without side effects sought after by addictive personalities. Talk to your doctor to be fully informed.
Yes, this. I resisted for way too long and not necessarily because I was worried about habit-forming effects, but a "typical" SSRI should have anti-anxiety effects without being habit forming. It's a completely separate class of drug from stuff like Klonopin that can be habit-forming.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:05 am
EnochRoot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:40 am
Yes, this. I resisted for way too long and not necessarily because I was worried about habit-forming effects, but a "typical" SSRI should have anti-anxiety effects without being habit forming. It's a completely separate class of drug from stuff like Klonopin that can be habit-forming.
Zoloft was a great help for me.

I'm currently in the midst of attempting to wean myself slowly off of it. Cut the dosage by a 3rd with only minimal issues - none of which made me crave more Zoloft.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

FWIW, TT the shot is literally almost painless. It's quick and I guess needles are so sharp and thin these days that you hardly feel it at all. If you look away, it's possible you'll completely miss it.
Totally Kafkaesque
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

My daughter got her first jab today. Yay!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Shirley wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:46 pm FWIW, TT the shot is literally almost painless. It's quick and I guess needles are so sharp and thin these days that you hardly feel it at all. If you look away, it's possible you'll completely miss it.
My first shot hurt! And I was, like, "bro!" He apologized and then blamed me for being too tense.

I didn't feel my second shot AT ALL. She lightly squeezed my arm meat and then was walking away and I looked down and there was a bandaid already there.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I barely felt the injection yesterday, but my arm is still sore 24 hours later.

Started feeling better last night and feel OK so far today. Hopefully I don't have any more reactions to this.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Sabo - You mean you're getting back to normal normal, or just feeling better from the dose symptoms?
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:10 am Sabo - You mean you're getting back to normal normal, or just feeling better from the dose symptoms?
The latter.

I think it will take a while before I see any improvement with the former.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:04 pm My daughter got her first jab today. Yay!
That's great, SC.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I apparently managed to avoid any bad side effects from my second Pfizer shot. However, when I went biking on Sunday, my hamstrings ended up hurting like hell, and still hurt this morning.

It was a harder ride than I've done this year (1500 feet climb, yay!), but not by all that much. And I've never really gotten sore from biking before, except maybe after an extreme ride like a century or something. So I'm going to chalk it up to the vaccine and not to my general patheticness.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:20 am I apparently managed to avoid any bad side effects from my second Pfizer shot. However, when I went biking on Sunday, my hamstrings ended up hurting like hell, and still hurt this morning.

It was a harder ride than I've done this year (1500 feet climb, yay!), but not by all that much. And I've never really gotten sore from biking before, except maybe after an extreme ride like a century or something. So I'm going to chalk it up to the vaccine and not to my general patheticness.
King of the mountains!

As a follow up to the other thread, Walgreens caught flak for not doing the Pfizer shots 3 weeks apart and have now changed their scheduling. Doesn't help me, but I get jabbed again tomorrow.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Just got the first shot. (In a hockey arena - so Canadian!)

Felt like hugging the staff from the hospital.

Follow up shot is in 15 weeks. But who knows, the schedules are pretty fluid right now.

But I am so, so relieved.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:01 pm Just got the first shot. (In a hockey arena - so Canadian!)

Follow up shot is in 15 weeks. But who knows, the schedules are pretty fluid right now.

Dont be. People are getting covid here post injection. Takes a few weeks. Read up. Telling you friends of friends ain't well.

Eta people here are crazy. Be cool and be safe
Last edited by HaulCitgo on Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:01 pm Just got the first shot. (In a hockey arena - so Canadian!)

So the exchange rate these days is four weeks = 15 weeks? Seniors in Mexico are getting their second shots this week, seven weeks after their first shots instead of four, so I say it's a little embarrassing that Mexico appears to have its shit together better than Canada.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

15 weeks is fucking crazy! Which vaccine did you get? Mine was scheduled 5 weeks out, and my wife was concerned. From what I've read, 4-6 is ideal for Moderna, but I haven't seen much on more than 6 weeks. Actually, CDC is saying 42 days is the longest delay they approve. In whatever groups they are tracking, only .5% were delayed longer than 42 days, so they refuse to draw a conclusion. Doesn't mean it decreases efficacy. I read that in the UK, they are using longer time between vaccines to get more people partially vaccinated quicker. Curious if that is a better approach than going for fewer people being fully vaccinated. Maybe we'll know if a year or so.

ETA: Looks like 4 months is the standard Canadian government recommendation. They are going with the UK model of first does in more arms.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Mazel tov!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

My wife and I just got back from M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens Stadium, for the uninitiated) where we both received dose #1 of the Pfizer vaccination. The shot was completely painless. Wife felt a bit of a prick in her arm (heh), but otherwise all's good.

I feel a little lightheaded, but whatever. I know the next 24 hours can either be nothing, mild, or hit me like a brick.

Immuno-Powers Activate!

Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Funny. A guy in my fantasy football league calls his team Wonder Twin Powers (he's the father of twins). Sometimes he'll send out an email to the league with a cartoon image or gif like that one.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Didn't she always get the cool assignments, and his were always practical?

Form of, a condor!

Form of, bolt cutters!
Noli Timere Messorem
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:15 pm Didn't she always get the cool assignments, and his were always practical?

Form of, a condor!

Form of, bolt cutters!
Zan transforms into a form of water. Jayna changes into any type of animal.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:15 pm Didn't she always get the cool assignments, and his were always practical?

Form of, a condor!

Form of, bolt cutters!
Shape of a highball glass!
Form of 12 year old scotch!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:02 pm

Dont be. People are getting covid here post injection. Takes a few weeks. Read up. Telling you friends of friends ain't well.

Eta people here are crazy. Be cool and be safe
My wife did all the research I need - fully aware that there's 2 weeks to go. But considering how slow Canada has been to get things rolling, I am relieved that I am on the way.

And fortunately, I live in Canada. We aren't perfect, but our baseball team is playing in a Florida backwater in order to avoid Texas Rangers' style scenes.

ETA - Pfizer
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Dunedin is straight up one of the better towns in FL.
Noli Timere Messorem
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:50 pm Dunedin is straight up one of the better towns in FL.
Never been. The only time I saw the Jays in Florida was in Sarasota at the White Sox' park
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:50 pm Dunedin is straight up one of the better towns in FL.
Good for the life expectancy too.

(I will never stop making this joke)
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

If there's ever a reason to do a spring training tour - I'd vote for Florida's Gulf coast.
Noli Timere Messorem
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Co-sign. Tons of great breweries, the Pinellas Trail runs through, close to the water, but not the Gulf. It's a hidden gem.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I’m all stuck up!!!!!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Don't know what to do,
Next thing you turn around and find the person with COVID isn't you
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

A_B wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 pm I’m all stuck up!!!!!
Awesome, AB.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Me too! Second Moderna this morning. Feeling fine so far, but a little nervous for tomorrow.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm
Me too! Second Moderna this morning. Feeling fine so far, but a little nervous for tomorrow.
Buddy had a 4 hour bout with a headache and night chills/sweats and was through it. I'm sure you'll do great.

May 6th come quicks!
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Yeah, I had a slight fever last night. I’m fine today though.
Noli Timere Messorem
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

My wife got her second poke this afternoon. Hope she's ready for her third this evening.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And maybe after that you can fuck!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.