A Nasty Stiffarm

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: A Nasty Stiffarm

Post by govmentchedda »

There's a Johnson and Johnson joke in here somewhere.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

There's gonna be one in here [points to left arm] around this time tomorrow.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm
A_B wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 pm I’m all stuck up!!!!!
Me too! Second Moderna this morning. Feeling fine so far, but a little nervous for tomorrow.
Ditto! And, ditto.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Man I can't wait to make out with you guys
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:19 pm Man I can't wait to make out with you guys
I know!!! It's been so long!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Scratch what I said earlier. I’m a little lightheaded.
Noli Timere Messorem
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

EnochRoot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:28 pm Scratch what I said earlier. I’m a little lightheaded.
My eyes have that “I’m getting sick” feel about them.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

A_B wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:49 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:28 pm Scratch what I said earlier. I’m a little lightheaded.
My eyes have that “I’m getting sick” feel about them.
Yeah I feel like my balance is off. Pretty unique feeling, actually. I’ll be headed to bed early.
Noli Timere Messorem
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

So I guess I'm planning a sick day tomorrow, eh?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Getting my second Pfizer on Saturday. My son got a shot through his school today (first day NC opened it to everyone), and a dude two people in front of him (a grown man) collapsed about two minutes after he got the shot. My son said he just dropped. Left in an ambulance. Don't know what that's about. I guess it's possible to have an allergic reaction?
Totally Kafkaesque
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Shirley wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:23 pm Getting my second Pfizer on Saturday. My son got a shot through his school today (first day NC opened it to everyone), and a dude two people in front of him (a grown man) collapsed about two minutes after he got the shot. My son said he just dropped. Left in an ambulance. Don't know what that's about. I guess it's possible to have an allergic reaction?
Yikes. But I guess so?
Allergic Reactions Including Anaphylaxis After Receipt of the First Dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine — United States, December 14–23, 2020

Summary

What is already known about this topic?

Anaphylaxis is a severe, life-threatening allergic reaction that occurs rarely after vaccination.

What is added by this report?

During December 14–23, 2020, monitoring by the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System detected 21 cases of anaphylaxis after administration of a reported 1,893,360 first doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (11.1 cases per million doses); 71% of these occurred within 15 minutes of vaccination.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Locations administering COVID-19 vaccines should adhere to CDC guidance for use of COVID-19 vaccines, including screening recipients for contraindications and precautions, having the necessary supplies available to manage anaphylaxis, implementing the recommended postvaccination observation periods, and immediately treating suspected cases of anaphylaxis with intramuscular injection of epinephrine.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Absolutely possible to have an allergic reaction. That's why they have people wait 15 minutes after (30 if you have had a previous reaction to vaccines).
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Thankfully no reaction today for me.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Two days later, nothing but the feeling of a light bruise.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

After a tall bourbon I had no other symptoms last night. Though mine started about 48 hours later with the first shot.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

A_B wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:26 am After a tall bourbon I had no other symptoms last night. Though mine started about 48 hours later with the first shot.
Which bourbon? I hear Weller Antique has healing properties.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Sabo wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:39 am
A_B wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:26 am After a tall bourbon I had no other symptoms last night. Though mine started about 48 hours later with the first shot.
Which bourbon? I hear Weller Antique has healing properties.
I don't have time for good bourbon.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:25 pm There's a Johnson and Johnson joke in here somewhere.
You rang?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

First Pfizer shot this a.m. Barely felt it and no effects other than a very slight arm ache. Next appointment three weeks from now.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Feel much better today. I got the shot Tuesday afternoon. Yesterday I started out strong but towards the end of the day I was dizzy/lightheaded with a fever. Slept like a rock.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Arm got incredibly sore last night. Saw a website advising on 5 different exercises to move reduce pain. Apparently the swelling and pain is due to the immune system attacking near the injection site, and moving your arm distributes whatever is building up.

Woke up around 3, felt slightly feverish, fell right back asleep. Woke up at 6:45, felt fine. Went to take a piss and suddenly felt really dizzy and nauseous. Finished peeing, took two steps towards the door and next thing I know, my wife is screaming "can you hear me?" and I'm on the floor while she is dialing 911. I have a history of vasovagal syncope, and I'm 99% sure that's what happened. This is the first time my wife has seen me while I'm out, so she is freaking out. It happened once in a hospital after shoulder surgery, and they kept me for 2 days and ran every test including brain scans. It's always happened around a medical procedure or smashing the back of my head on the ground when slipping on ice.

Feeling really dizzy and weirldy nauseous, but I think it's from the passing out thing. Sometimes when this has happened, I've had full body convulsions that look like a seizure, and I pull every muscle. My wife said there were no convulsions, and I'm not sore, so that is the plus side.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Plus side, you didn't piss yourself?

Feel better man.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:06 am Arm got incredibly sore last night. Saw a website advising on 5 different exercises to move reduce pain. Apparently the swelling and pain is due to the immune system attacking near the injection site, and moving your arm distributes whatever is building up.

Woke up around 3, felt slightly feverish, fell right back asleep. Woke up at 6:45, felt fine. Went to take a piss and suddenly felt really dizzy and nauseous. Finished peeing, took two steps towards the door and next thing I know, my wife is screaming "can you hear me?" and I'm on the floor while she is dialing 911. I have a history of vasovagal syncope, and I'm 99% sure that's what happened. This is the first time my wife has seen me while I'm out, so she is freaking out. It happened once in a hospital after shoulder surgery, and they kept me for 2 days and ran every test including brain scans. It's always happened around a medical procedure or smashing the back of my head on the ground when slipping on ice.

Feeling really dizzy and weirldy nauseous, but I think it's from the passing out thing. Sometimes when this has happened, I've had full body convulsions that look like a seizure, and I pull every muscle. My wife said there were no convulsions, and I'm not sore, so that is the plus side.
The second Moderna shot also hit my dad like a sack of bricks. He fell asleep at his desk, and then made it over to his bed where he zonk’d out for a dozen hours, and proceeded to email me at 11 in the evening thinking it was 11 in the morning. The pain at the injection site - that’s what my mother experienced, and her shot administrator told her to do what you read about.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Also Syb didn't wash his hands. Sick.

(Feel better.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Couple months ago I got a big bump on my head from that exact situ. (Also didn't pee myself!)
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:11 am Plus side, you didn't piss yourself?
Day is still young.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Holy fuck, Syb. Did they take you to a hospital?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

It's just so weird how differently it effects people. I got the second shot last TH and didn't have any side effects (including the arm). Wife got it on Tuesday and was in bed most of yesterday with fever and chills. Feeling better this morning, but bracing for more come evening time.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

My dad broke his ribs because of passing out due to vasovagal syncope whilst up pissing in the middle of the night once.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:57 am Holy fuck, Syb. Did they take you to a hospital?
Today? No. I went back to sleep for a couple hours and I'm able to get some work done. This happened several times, usually in doctors offices or the hospital, so medical professionals have witnessed it, and I've gone through every test imaginable. I did speak to my doc and he is confident it's just the syncope, not a reaction to the shot. Only weird thing is that there is usually a direct trigger. Last time it almost happened was at the ENT. They were running a scope up my nose and through my sinus. The second I felt it happening, the nurse yelled "syncope" and another ran in with a cold towel she put around my neck and they tipped the exam chair until my head was lower than my feet. This stopped me from losing consciousness. I was amazed, but the nurse said I was the second one today, and it happens about 6 times a week. She said the scope is like pushing a button for people who get syncope reactions.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This is super interesting to read. I've had sinus issues and very rare dizzy spells for most of my life. I know my doctor eventually prescribed advil cold and sinus so maybe it was the same diagnosis without using the term.

(Also, put me on Team Passed Out While Peeing. Twice total, although I've felt the opportunity more than that. One of those two times my mom yelled at me thinking its because I was drunk.)
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Get better Syb.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

OK, this is really fucking scary.

I figured no one really fainted anymore, it was just a thing for women to do in old movies.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

J&J this morning. Feeling a wee bit out of sorts, but that's probably just the microchips.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

I got my 1st dose of Pfizer on Pfriday and, surprisingly after the nurse said I should not feel any side effects, I had a reaction that night and the next day of chills and body soreness. I had Covid back in December so I'm guessing I'll be in a world of hurt after dose 2 on the 23rd.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

GoodKarma wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 pm I got my 1st dose of Pfizer on Pfriday and, surprisingly after the nurse said I should not feel any side effects, I had a reaction that night and the next day of chills and body soreness. I had Covid back in December so I'm guessing I'll be in a world of hurt after dose 2 on the 23rd.
I've heard people who had COVID get side effects on the first Pfizer, not sure about the second.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am OK, this is really fucking scary.

I figured no one really fainted anymore, it was just a thing for women to do in old movies.
You weren't watching the Final Four game where the ref just dropped and was out? (I totally thought he was dead)
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

My oldest just did about a month ago. Fainting is in, dude.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I can fully feel when they're coming on so I usually just get down or bend over w/ my head between my knees. Both difficult while peeing tho.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

mister d wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:23 pm My oldest just did about a month ago. Fainting is in, dude.
My wife did in the theater when we saw Deadpool a few years back. The torture scenes were a bit much for her and when she stood up to leave just passed out and fell on me. She vomited when she was out (which I caught in my hand, fun), then popped right back up, came to, and was totally fine.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."