Fantasy F1

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: Fantasy F1

Post by govmentchedda »

Yeah, and now, like 3 scores are showing up, but not others. It's got a real time lag, it seems.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

All scores are updated and the leaderboard is visible.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Feeling good about #4 having not used the 3x mega driver thing.

I know it's cliche, but watching with 5 drivers in the mix made yesterday a blast.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

It was definitely a blast. Also, I got a bit confused by the time next to the driver. At first, it seemed to be time behind leader for all racers, then it seemed to be time behind car ahead of them.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Bummed we have 3 weeks until the next race.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I like that the tv crew was clearly accepting of the new viewers... explaining things like engine differential and other things that are old hat to many, but not folks that are stopping by due to Netflix.

And, yeah, the only beef I have with the coverage is that there are just too many tight shots of one car going through the circuit. I'd like some more shots of the bulk of the pack, just to get a better handle on the entirety of the race.

By the way, I don't know how that Russian guy is going to stay on that team. He spun out on just about every session (practice, qualie, race day). There are TON of guys out there that could at least finish a race.

Like, Alex Albon is out there being adorable and without a car? What's that all about?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Alex Albon doesn't have an oligarch daddy.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Oh shit, I thought that was the OTHER Russian driver (Kvyat)... Not sure how I mixed them up in my head like that.

So, is Marzipan also the guy that grabbed a girls boob and Instagrammed it or whatever that was?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Yep
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Kvyat is the one who has a kid with Verstappen's current GF, presumably the reason MVS hasn't featured much since season 1 of DTS.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I had to educate myself on the Q1, Q2, Q3 thing the other day. I had no idea what that was and why it was like that.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

bfj wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:30 pm I had to educate myself on the Q1, Q2, Q3 thing the other day. I had no idea what that was and why it was like that.
yeah, that's a great example of stuff you don't come near understanding if you've only watched the Netflix show. I think it's fascinating, now that I actually know that it's a thing.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Rough day for many of our teams with Tsunoda crashing out in Q1.

I haven't read anything yet, but I couldn't quite tell where Lando went wide to wipe out what was about to a pole position run. Wish the Sky Sports crew had explained that a bit more clearly.

ETA - He would've been P3, not pole.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:34 pm Rough day for many of our teams with Tsunoda crashing out in Q1.

I haven't read anything yet, but I couldn't quite tell where Lando went wide to wipe out what was about to a pole position run. Wish the Sky Sports crew had explained that a bit more clearly.

ETA - He would've been P3, not pole.
Remember you have 3 subs you can make for free each week. I subbed Tsunoda in as one of my 3. DOH!!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

So did my wife. Sucks that it sounds like this is a hard track to gain position during the race.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

No, I'm fully aware, I subbed him in too. That's kind of what I was getting at. My wife had him W1 and kept him, I liked the price and swapped out someone for him.

He might do a solid and rise up the ladder for some points tomorrow. The car has pace.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

F1 just announced a 10 yr deal for a race in Miami, beginning in 2022!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

govmentchedda wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:41 am F1 just announced a 10 yr deal for a race in Miami, beginning in 2022!
Swamp meet up!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Party at Bib's!
Last edited by govmentchedda on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

the glamorous F1 Miami Grand Prix in the parking lot of Hard Rock Stadium!
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:47 pm No, I'm fully aware, I subbed him in too. That's kind of what I was getting at. My wife had him W1 and kept him, I liked the price and swapped out someone for him.

He might do a solid and rise up the ladder for some points tomorrow. The car has pace.
Up to 10th with 29 to go. Race currently stopped to clear up an accident between Valteri Bottas and George Russel.
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Be interesting to see what the stewards make of that coming together
serrano
Brandt

Post by serrano »

bfj wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:10 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:47 pm No, I'm fully aware, I subbed him in too. That's kind of what I was getting at. My wife had him W1 and kept him, I liked the price and swapped out someone for him.

Up to 10th with 29 to go. Race currently stopped to clear up an accident between Valteri Bottas and George Russel.
I also put in Tsunoda. Wish his luck would have held today. But Travis is way ahead of the pack after today in the Speedy Swampers league. I was happy that Ferrari had a good day. Really glad to have F1 back.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Major shake-up with Nonlinear Racing today. Solid weekend, but Yuki and Georgie kind of killed me (Russell with negative points today was a real bummer.)
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So just checked my team since I initially set it....and am ahead of the professional auto racing journalist...NICE!