Television (no longer temporary)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 6364
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Giff » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:07 am

I'm sure I've posted this already, but I really enjoy The Chi. It seems to be a way under the radar show that's probably one of my top 5 over the past couple of years.
Muh.

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Ryan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:07 am

Ryan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:01 pm
mister d wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:01 pm
Dead to Me is really great. Banged through all 10 episodes in 2.5 nights. I don’t know what the term is for an actor who can perfectly play a normal person (versus dramatic or all comedy or superhero) but Christina Applegate has to be near the top.
I am loving this show
Just finished both seasons. Can't decide if this is a great show or just an absurd soap opera that happens to have two amazing leads. Either way, worth it.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16181
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Pruitt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:08 am

L-Jam3 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:06 am
The Other Two, the funniest new comedy of 2019 I saw, is moving to HBO Max. Comedy Central might move a lot of their niche scripted shows there.
My wife and I were just talking about that show last night, wondering if it had been cancelled.

Good news indeed.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2615
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by L-Jam3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:12 am

The grind never stops!
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11653
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by sancarlos » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:19 am

L-Jam3 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:06 am
The Other Two, the funniest new comedy of 2019 I saw, is moving to HBO Max. Comedy Central might move a lot of their niche scripted shows there.
That is disappointing news for me. I enjoyed it last year on TBS and was looking forward to the new season. But, I’m not signing up for HBO.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by A_B » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:24 am

I've read conflicting reports that if you had an HBO sub you would get HBO Max but others that said you would get a free trial while others said you had to sign up for it separately. I already had HBO (And HBO Now or go or whatever the latest was) but that secondary service closed down July 31st. Does anyone already have HBO Max confirm what the real deal is? I need to look at it at home, because I can't get to any of those sites through my work network.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21313
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by brian » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:26 am

A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:24 am
I've read conflicting reports that if you had an HBO sub you would get HBO Max but others that said you would get a free trial while others said you had to sign up for it separately. I already had HBO (And HBO Now or go or whatever the latest was) but that secondary service closed down July 31st. Does anyone already have HBO Max confirm what the real deal is? I need to look at it at home, because I can't get to any of those sites through my work network.
I subscribe to HBO through my cable provider (Cox) and do get HBO Max for free.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by A_B » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:30 am

brian wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:26 am
A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:24 am
I've read conflicting reports that if you had an HBO sub you would get HBO Max but others that said you would get a free trial while others said you had to sign up for it separately. I already had HBO (And HBO Now or go or whatever the latest was) but that secondary service closed down July 31st. Does anyone already have HBO Max confirm what the real deal is? I need to look at it at home, because I can't get to any of those sites through my work network.
I subscribe to HBO through my cable provider (Cox) and do get HBO Max for free.
OK. I use ATT TV which seems like it would be a no brainer to get it but I can't seem to confirm. Thanks.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 19431
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by mister d » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:34 am

Ryan wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:07 am
Just finished both seasons. Can't decide if this is a great show or just an absurd soap opera that happens to have two amazing leads. Either way, worth it.
Marsden is great too.
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

User avatar
Shirley
The Dude
Posts: 5584
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Shirley » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 am

brian wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:26 am
I subscribe to HBO through my cable provider (Cox) and do get HBO Max for free.
OK Boomer
Totally Kafkaesque

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by A_B » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:51 pm

A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 am
The Ringer on Ted Lasso: they like it.
Ok so the aging asshole captain is named Roy Kent. I’m in folks.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21313
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by brian » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:37 am

The new season of Last Chance U is great as always but I’m in love with this new coach (I’m only 3 episodes in) but worried after the last two coaches. Though his crack about his wife being able to see the good in everyone “except our current president” made me laugh and gives me hope.

User avatar
wlu_lax6
The Dude
Posts: 7271
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 am

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by wlu_lax6 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:14 am

So I stopped Brockmire in the middle of season 3 but have been finishing up over the last week or so. Loved season 3 (Brockmire, Matt the Bat, and the analyst were great dynamic), but Season 4 is something different. Dark. Wonder what the writers room for this season looked like. "Well if we are going to go out and it is IFC...lets see how far we can go"

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 6880
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by tennbengal » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Good lord Ozark is so good. I am close to uttering a heresy, to wit, I think it might be eclipsing Breaking Bad.

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 7775
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Ryan » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Anyone else into LemonysnicketAvengersIMeanUmbrellaAcademy?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 6880
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by tennbengal » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Started episode 1 a few weeks ago of season 1 - will prob try and watch some more.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21313
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by brian » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:42 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:54 pm
Good lord Ozark is so good. I am close to uttering a heresy, to wit, I think it might be eclipsing Breaking Bad.
Gonna have to strenuously object here. I mean it’s a good show but it’s derivative and not especially well plotted. Unless you think someone with like maybe $1 million of personal assets (at best) could get a casino license even in a backwater like Missouri.

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2681
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by bfj » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:14 pm

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:14 am
So I stopped Brockmire in the middle of season 3 but have been finishing up over the last week or so. Loved season 3 (Brockmire, Matt the Bat, and the analyst were great dynamic), but Season 4 is something different. Dark. Wonder what the writers room for this season looked like. "Well if we are going to go out and it is IFC...lets see how far we can go"
Yeah, they lost me with S4, I tried though.
Enjoy every sandwich.

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 6880
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by tennbengal » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:47 pm

brian wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:42 pm
tennbengal wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:54 pm
Good lord Ozark is so good. I am close to uttering a heresy, to wit, I think it might be eclipsing Breaking Bad.
Gonna have to strenuously object here. I mean it’s a good show but it’s derivative and not especially well plotted. Unless you think someone with like maybe $1 million of personal assets (at best) could get a casino license even in a backwater like Missouri.
Disagree strongly on derivative. Rather than tried over well trod ground (the heel turn and trying keep hidden from family and friends) it blew by that in episode one. I am gonna stand my ground.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5445
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by DSafetyGuy » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:49 pm

bfj wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:14 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:14 am
So I stopped Brockmire in the middle of season 3 but have been finishing up over the last week or so. Loved season 3 (Brockmire, Matt the Bat, and the analyst were great dynamic), but Season 4 is something different. Dark. Wonder what the writers room for this season looked like. "Well if we are going to go out and it is IFC...lets see how far we can go"
Yeah, they lost me with S4, I tried though.
Yeah, I hated Season Four with the time jumping. Suggests they had no idea for a season around a singular story, but had to make the season, anyway.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 7848
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by govmentchedda » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Ryan wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:59 pm
Anyone else into LemonysnicketAvengersIMeanUmbrellaAcademy?
Series of Unfortunate Events? My kids love it. They're always watching without me, so I am not fully up on the story, but what I've seen has been really good.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Nonlinear FC » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:47 am

brian wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:37 am
The new season of Last Chance U is great as always but I’m in love with this new coach (I’m only 3 episodes in) but worried after the last two coaches. Though his crack about his wife being able to see the good in everyone “except our current president” made me laugh and gives me hope.
Curious where you land on him. He is, by far, the most humane of the coaches featured on that show. And after the last two seasons... That guy was such an insufferable prick it was difficult to get through the last season with him.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21313
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by brian » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:49 am

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:47 am
brian wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:37 am
The new season of Last Chance U is great as always but I’m in love with this new coach (I’m only 3 episodes in) but worried after the last two coaches. Though his crack about his wife being able to see the good in everyone “except our current president” made me laugh and gives me hope.
Curious where you land on him. He is, by far, the most humane of the coaches featured on that show. And after the last two seasons... That guy was such an insufferable prick it was difficult to get through the last season with him.
I still have like 3 eps left so there's still time for a heel turn, but I really like him.

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Nonlinear FC » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:57 am

There's also a lot more depth to the players they follow at Laney. The kid living out of his car, the grandson of the author of Mists of Avalon, the Samoan dude with two little kids, the dude with multiple D1 offers.

The only thing missing from this version is the cute, approaching middle aged woman that serves as one part academic adviser, one part mother figure.

That said, no one is going to knock this one off the throne:

Image
Last edited by Nonlinear FC on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21313
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by brian » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:00 am

Yeah, I definitely like the kids a lot more, not that the last two schools were "bad" in that regard but seems like a lot more compelling stories and fewer knuckleheads at Laney. Switching to a city school was pretty smart. Almost wish they were doing one more season at Laney, but of course there's not going to be a season anyway so maybe just as well? My understanding is they're going to continue the show, but do a JUCO basketball team this year (assuming there's a season for that -- unlikely, obvs).

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Nonlinear FC » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:04 am

Anyone looking for mindless, slightly repetitive reality competition... The Bear Grillus* show on Prime is pretty damn good. Eco Challenge in Fiji... A ridiculously long race that includes hiking, ropes (ascend and repel), white water rafting, open water rowing, SUP board paddling, mountain biking... It's insane. To the point that you truly fear for the safety of some of the competitors. Cool mix of racing and personal stories. And Fiji is just a gorgeous place and the people are incredible.

* - I'm not wasting my time googling his name.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
wlu_lax6
The Dude
Posts: 7271
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 am

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by wlu_lax6 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:49 pm

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:04 am
Anyone looking for mindless, slightly repetitive reality competition... The Bear Grillus* show on Prime is pretty damn good. Eco Challenge in Fiji... A ridiculously long race that includes hiking, ropes (ascend and repel), white water rafting, open water rowing, SUP board paddling, mountain biking... It's insane. To the point that you truly fear for the safety of some of the competitors. Cool mix of racing and personal stories. And Fiji is just a gorgeous place and the people are incredible.

* - I'm not wasting my time googling his name.
I am into episode 6. I have been hooked on this show from its first series (this used to be on discovery channel). It is a made for TV adventure race that Burnett basically bought. This goes back before most of the stuff he has produced in the genre. The advantage it is a real competition. Also not sure if you have gotten there but team CURL has an ex-MLSer.

I generally like these but always get disappointed when you see that much of the drama is made up. In this case it is a legit sport (unlike the Ultimate Survival Alaska that was rigged).

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Nonlinear FC » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:53 pm

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:49 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:04 am
Anyone looking for mindless, slightly repetitive reality competition... The Bear Grillus* show on Prime is pretty damn good. Eco Challenge in Fiji... A ridiculously long race that includes hiking, ropes (ascend and repel), white water rafting, open water rowing, SUP board paddling, mountain biking... It's insane. To the point that you truly fear for the safety of some of the competitors. Cool mix of racing and personal stories. And Fiji is just a gorgeous place and the people are incredible.

* - I'm not wasting my time googling his name.
I am into episode 6. I have been hooked on this show from its first series (this used to be on discovery channel). It is a made for TV adventure race that Burnett basically bought. This goes back before most of the stuff he has produced in the genre. The advantage it is a real competition. Also not sure if you have gotten there but team CURL has an ex-MLSer.

I generally like these but always get disappointed when you see that much of the drama is made up. In this case it is a legit sport (unlike the Ultimate Survival Alaska that was rigged).
Yeah, I finished it yesterday.

And you can't fake the pain and suffering. The part where they go through the lake, after the rope course... Fucking brutal.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12123
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by The Sybian » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:14 pm

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:49 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:04 am
Anyone looking for mindless, slightly repetitive reality competition... The Bear Grillus* show on Prime is pretty damn good. Eco Challenge in Fiji... A ridiculously long race that includes hiking, ropes (ascend and repel), white water rafting, open water rowing, SUP board paddling, mountain biking... It's insane. To the point that you truly fear for the safety of some of the competitors. Cool mix of racing and personal stories. And Fiji is just a gorgeous place and the people are incredible.

* - I'm not wasting my time googling his name.
I am into episode 6. I have been hooked on this show from its first series (this used to be on discovery channel). It is a made for TV adventure race that Burnett basically bought. This goes back before most of the stuff he has produced in the genre. The advantage it is a real competition. Also not sure if you have gotten there but team CURL has an ex-MLSer.

I generally like these but always get disappointed when you see that much of the drama is made up. In this case it is a legit sport (unlike the Ultimate Survival Alaska that was rigged).
I used to love that show. I should check this out, but my queue is so damned long and I seem to add more than I watch.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16181
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Pruitt » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Watched all of "Indian Matchmaking" on Netflix with my wife this weekend.

Meh...
[+] spoiler
And the Matchmaker from India supposedly the best there is failed to make a single match. 0/8
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Rush2112
The Dude
Posts: 6055
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Cyrus X-1
Contact:

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Rush2112 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:35 pm
Watched all of "Indian Matchmaking" on Netflix with my wife this weekend.

Meh...
Ya, my wife was super into it. It was ok. The pacing/way the episodes were put together was weird. Why spend 10 minutes on a woman who found someone on Bumble? Why no update on the NJ cutie after the date with the smiling lawyer?
"If you're into power let's go down to my van, because Red Barchetta through a 10 gigawatt pre-amp is-wait... pleassee tell me you're into Rush...."

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16181
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Pruitt » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:28 pm

Rush2112 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:27 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:35 pm
Watched all of "Indian Matchmaking" on Netflix with my wife this weekend.

Meh...
Ya, my wife was super into it. It was ok. The pacing/way the episodes were put together was weird. Why spend 10 minutes on a woman who found someone on Bumble? Why no update on the NJ cutie after the date with the smiling lawyer?

[+] spoiler
Nothing came of it.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16158
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by A_B » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:29 am

A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:51 pm
A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 am
The Ringer on Ted Lasso: they like it.
Ok so the aging asshole captain is named Roy Kent. I’m in folks.
Through four episodes, I am even more in. It's got a vibe I am digging.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2681
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by bfj » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:00 pm

I may have missed it if this was discussed, but what did you all think of JoJo Rabbit?
Enjoy every sandwich.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21313
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Home, watching the NHL Playoffs
Contact:

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by brian » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:17 pm

bfj wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:00 pm
I may have missed it if this was discussed, but what did you all think of JoJo Rabbit?
I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It was certainly OK and it genuinely moved me once or twice, but just kind of a B+ movie for me.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16181
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Pruitt » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:28 pm

If you like slapstick, check out "The Goes Wrong Show" on Amazon Prime.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12123
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by The Sybian » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:11 pm

A_B wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:29 am
A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:51 pm
A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 am
The Ringer on Ted Lasso: they like it.
Ok so the aging asshole captain is named Roy Kent. I’m in folks.
Through four episodes, I am even more in. It's got a vibe I am digging.
3 episodes in, and it's actually enjoyable, and looks like it just took a twist into getting really good. Not nearly as cartoonish as the 5 minute sketch a few years ago. Ted seems like a moron, but it's fun how he is discreetly playing everyone. And sure, it's very much a ripoff of Major League, but that's fine. A little depressing when I looked up the hot older lady who owns the team, and realized she is 2 years younger than my wife...
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 11653
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by sancarlos » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:46 am

Just saw that Carole Baskin will be on Dancing with the Stars this season.
“Joe Exotic “ wrote:That Bitch!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Nonlinear FC » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:58 am

A_B wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:29 am
A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:51 pm
A_B wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 am
The Ringer on Ted Lasso: they like it.
Ok so the aging asshole captain is named Roy Kent. I’m in folks.
Through four episodes, I am even more in. It's got a vibe I am digging.
It's got my wife hooked, so it's now something we look forward to every Friday. If it was put up Netflix/Prime style we would've finished it 2 weeks ago.

Sudekis is a damn treasure, and the supporting cast is fun and overall brilliant.
[+] spoiler
I have to say, there was a moment when I thought they were going to somehow place the young black girl onto the squad and I would've been done with the show. Thankfully, they are just using her as another example of him endearing himself to the community.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6031
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Television (no longer temporary)

Post by Nonlinear FC » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:00 am

We had been seriously slow-rolling Schitts Creek, not wanting it to end.

Got around to watching the finale last night... hoo boy. Then we watched the hour long wrap-up show. I'm not a crier. I went through a lot of Kleenex last night.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

Post Reply