Swamp Quarantine-ish Movie Night - Teen Wolf (1985) - Thursday, April 8, 2021 - 9 PM ET

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Swamp Quarantine-ish Movie Night - Teen Wolf (1985) - Thursday, April 8, 2021 - 9 PM ET

Post by brian »

Scott Howard refuses to get back on defense.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: Swamp Quarantine-ish Movie Night - Teen Wolf (1985) - Thursday, April 8, 2021 - 9 PM ET

Post by DSafetyGuy »

And here is where Amin's theory has its finishing kick: They win the game because Scott refuses to be the "black guy", winning by playing "the right way" - passing the ball, drawing charges, hustle plays.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Chub with a Ben Wallace-like presence around the rim.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Did Scott use his TW powers to make these free throws? He doesn't have to "wolf out" to do that!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Letting a fouled out player stare down the dude shooting FTs with :00 on the clock is probably also not kosher.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Okay, so the last shot of the celebration before the credits start (spoiler alert, since we've never seen this movie before)...

It's a shot of Scott, his dad, and Boof. Look in the upper left corner of the shot. There's a person who stands up and... his pants are unbuttoned and unzipped. If you watch, this person is/may be exposing himself.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Rewind and watch as Scott's dad is coming down the stands.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:47 pm Okay, so the last shot of the celebration before the credits start (spoiler alert, since we've never seen this movie before)...

It's a shot of Scott, his dad, and Boof. Look in the upper left corner of the shot. There's a person who stands up and... his pants are unbuttoned and unzipped. If you watch, this person is/may be exposing himself.
HOLY SHIT!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

No boobs, definitely wiener
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Feels like they just got bored and decided to resolve all the subplots in the aftermath of the game.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The funny part is if you look on the internet, it's very "Mythbusted".
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I can't believe even if they didn't catch that in the initial cut/release that they didn't subsequently edit it for home video/streaming, etc.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:50 pm Feels like they just got bored and decided to resolve all the subplots in the aftermath of the game.
I assume one of these is Pam is admitted to a mental institution for schizophrenia, brought on by being sexually assaulted by her drama instructor.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Guess I paid this post off.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:47 pm Okay, so the last shot of the celebration before the credits start (spoiler alert, since we've never seen this movie before)...

I vaguely remembered having heard this before after you hinted at it today. Had never actually paid attention though.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

brian wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:56 pm I feel like the second half of this movie is a lot shittier than the first half. There's probably a much better movie in here somewhere.
Yeah, I think this bears out unfortunately. It felt like it was shaping up to be a good coming-of-age movie that the werewolf element intruded upon.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Speaking of which, we're out of inventory on movies here, so need some bangers if we're gonna go for another five or six weeks until the summer. Throw some out there. I have a couple of ideas that I'll post later or tomorrow depending on which directions we want to go.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

brian wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:57 pm Speaking of which, we're out of inventory on movies here, so need some bangers if we're gonna go for another five or six weeks until the summer. Throw some out there. I have a couple of ideas that I'll post later or tomorrow depending on which directions we want to go.
I've had these waiting in the DVR from the first time around:

Grosse Point Blank
Cop Land
Friday Night Lights (although out of season, I think we would have a lot of interesting stuff to say about Texas HS football culture)
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

By the way, thanks to everyone for tolerating me through tonight's show.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I'm definitely down with GPB (one of my favorite movies, not only because its release pretty much exactly coincided with my own 10th HS reunion and I'm also from Michigan) and FNL. Not sure about CopLand, but I saw it when it came out and agreed that Stallone was actually able to do some real acting but don't remember much else about it. Frankly, all three are OK with me.

A couple others I had in mind:

The Wraith (mostly harmless Charlie Sheen B-movie crap with some pretty sweet stunt driving and truly horrible dialogue. And peak Sherilyn Fenn)

Repo Man (which I've never seen and have been told I need to rectify that one day. Presumably some of you have?)

Just a coincidence those two movies feature the brothers Sheen (nee Estevez).
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Also The Serpent And The Rainbow which scared the everloving piss out of me and which I maintain is Wes Craven’s best-ever movie. (And I’m familiar with his CV).
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Red Heat (because Arnold and I don't think I personally have ever seen it)
48 Hours
Lethal Weapon (1 or 2)
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Looking forward to reading back through this thread. Watched this last night for what has to have been the first time in my life. I can't remember having seen it before, but am also shocked that I never did. It's on Max right now. The first thing that jumps out is just how bad the production value is. The title and opening screens are basic black and white in a basic font and there's very little score(?) or background noises, foley work, etc. (someone who knows the correct terminology feel free to chime in). The story feels less than fully fleshed out as well.

Was motivated to finally watch it after seeing the local punk band, Wolf-Face, do a set at Fest a week ago. Fucking blew my mind. Their schtick is that they all come out in essentially the Beavers' uniforms with Wolf masks on and all of their songs are written from the perspective of Teen Wolf. They opened with a cover of Wolf Like Me by TV on the Radio before ripping through their originals, including, "With or Without Boof", "Dog Whistle", "I Wanna Be a Homo(Sapien)", "Howl Alone", "Keep Your Chin Up Little Pup", and "Give Me a Keg of Beer".
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Both Scott Howard and Harold Howard got Parkinson's IRL?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Lewis is married to Laura San Giacomo!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Laura San Giacomo! Oh, man… brb…
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

'Ol one eye is gonna go talk to 'ol one eye.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Ok. That was good.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Giff wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:32 pm 'Ol one eye is gonna go talk to 'ol one eye.
Lol
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.