Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Re: The WWLIS Thread

Post by Joe K »

Jerloma wrote:
Joe K wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Of course, none of this lends any credence to the idea that you can say whatever you want about Muslims and get a pass.
Not going to do this now while I'm at work but I'm confident that I can pull together a list of 10 quotes about Muslims from current U.S. Congressmen or Presidential candidates that would likely be career ending if said about any other major religious or ethnic group. Maybe later tonight.
It's the liberals who get outraged when anyone says anything about Islam or Muslims. Pissing off the liberals is the tea party's whole reason for fucking existing. They're not at liberty to fire them though. Try to find an example of a democrat or a liberalish public figure who is not a politician make an anti-Muslim remark without any public backlash. How many liberals try to disassociate themselves from someone like Bill Maher because he's unapologetic about Islam?
I'll agree with you that there is far less inflammatory rhetoric from Democrats than Republicans. Part of this may be due to the fact that Democrats (Obama, in particular) have been in charge of U.S. foreign policy and diplomacy for the last 7 years, and alienating 1.5 billion people worldwide is a pretty awful diplomatic strategy. For this same reason, other than his infamous use of the word "crusade" to refer to the War on Terror, Bush was far better than the current batch of GOP candidates in this regard. But I think there are still some notable examples of prominent Democrats and liberalish figures showing far less respect for Muslims and Muslim life than they would for any other group.

1. Robert Gibbs, former Obama Press Secretary, justifying the drone killing of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a 16-year old U.S. citizen who had no apparent links to terrorism other than being the son of Anwar al-Awlaki: "I would suggest that he should have a far more responsible father." Can you imagine, in any other context, a figure like Gibbs justifying the killing of an unarmed, 16-year old U.S. citizen on this basis? If the FBI raids a house looking for illegal drugs and weapons, is it cool if they end up killing whatever kids happen to be inside?

2. Joe Biden, discussing the Israeli military's killing of ten individuals (including U.S. citizen Furkan Dogan, who was born in the upstate N.Y. town as my mother) who were carrying humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip: "Look, you can argue whether Israel should have dropped people onto that ship or not and the – but the truth of the matter is, Israel has a right to know – they're at war with Hamas – has a right to know whether or not arms are being smuggled in. And up to now, Charlie, what's happened? They've said, 'Here you go. You're in the Mediterranean. This ship – if you divert slightly north you can unload it and we'll get the stuff into Gaza.' So what's the big deal here?" Regardless of what you think of the Gaza flotilla issue, can you imagine the sitting U.S. Vice President having such a flippant reaction -- what's the big deal here? -- to another country's killing of a U.S. citizen participating in a humanitarian mission if that citizen wasn't a Muslim?

3. Harry Reid and Howard Dean both spoke out against the Park 51 mosque, joining in on one of the most high profile Islamophobic campaigns in recent years.

4. Not sure if you consider Sam Harris to be "liberalish," but he's said the following things about Islam: "I am one of the few people I know of who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror."; "We should profile Muslims, or anyone who looks like he or she could conceivably be Muslim, and we should be honest about it."; "In our dealings with the Muslim world, we must acknowledge that Muslims have not found anything of substance to say against the actions of the September 11 hijackers, apart from the ubiquitous canard that they were really Jews." But none of this has had any impact on his prominent stature as a writer, thinker or public figure.

In fairness to your point, you think that many (all?) religions, and not just Islam, deserve far more criticism. But as a practical matter, you and I both know that if liberals and/or Democrats increase their criticism of Islam, that Christianity, Judaism, etc. aren't going to get the treatment. So instead of having a society that is more appropriately skeptical of religion, in general, we'd just have a society where the rampant Islamophobia of the right-wing is more broadly accepted.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:My Twitter mentions are a disaster right now because of Schilling
What did you say? I'm not on the Tweeters. Hasn't Schilling gotten in trouble several times for posting stupid shit on social media? Notice no apology or taking back what he said, just taking responsibility for being stupid enough to post it.
It's not what I said (sigh) but that it was picked up by my compadres because I was one of the first to screenshot the tweet. So mass distribution = fun times in Twitterland.

A guy also just tweeted me "we" in response to a general tweet I sent about people supporting Schilling, meaning he was in support of Schilling. But he clearly doesn't like him from his way-too-many tweets on the topic. Weird day.
Google translate doesn't seem to be working for Bronto to English. If I read the Tweets, maybe this would make some sense, but I can't tell if you supported Schilling, knocked him, or just tweeted a screenshot.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I'm not sure why Bronto is sometimes so obtuse here, but he tweeted a screenshot of Schilling's tweet along with a one word comment, "Sigh".
Totally Kafkaesque
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Shirley wrote:I'm not sure why Bronto is sometimes so obtuse here, but he tweeted a screenshot of Schilling's tweet along with a one word comment, "Sigh".
I think you could probably figure it out. And it's not like I didn't include what I said in parentheticals in my sentence. Apologies for the lack of quotation marks.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

After all that working out it seems like he's the last person here that's obtuse.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I laughed
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Shirley wrote:I'm not sure why Bronto is sometimes so obtuse here, but he tweeted a screenshot of Schilling's tweet along with a one word comment, "Sigh".
I think you could probably figure it out. And it's not like I didn't include what I said in parentheticals in my sentence. Apologies for the lack of quotation marks.
If someone hadn't seen your tweet, it wouldn't have been clear at all that your (sigh) meant that what you had tweeted was the word "sigh". And yes, you do this sort of vague retelling of your exploits all of the time. I'm not sure why.
Totally Kafkaesque
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Shirley wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
If someone hadn't seen your tweet, it wouldn't have been clear at all that your (sigh) meant that what you had tweeted was the word "sigh". And yes, you do this sort of vague retelling of your exploits all of the time. I'm not sure why.
I'm not disagreeing with the vague thing. But I stand by my belief that yes, you could figure out why I do it.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Shirley wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with the vague thing. But I stand by my belief that yes, you could figure out why I do it.
Ah, I thought you meant that we could figure out your tweet, not your motivation.
Totally Kafkaesque
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

You always handle offsite-retellings obtusely !
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

1. Robert Gibbs, former Obama Press Secretary, justifying the drone killing of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a 16-year old U.S. citizen who had no apparent links to terrorism other than being the son of Anwar al-Awlaki: "I would suggest that he should have a far more responsible father." Can you imagine, in any other context, a figure like Gibbs justifying the killing of an unarmed, 16-year old U.S. citizen on this basis? If the FBI raids a house looking for illegal drugs and weapons, is it cool if they end up killing whatever kids happen to be inside?
His comment, while ignorant, doesn't appear to be an attack on Islam. However, Gibbs and Obama were promptly eviscerated so I don't see this as an example of getting a pass anyway.
4. Not sure if you consider Sam Harris to be "liberalish," but he's said the following things about Islam: "I am one of the few people I know of who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror."; "We should profile Muslims, or anyone who looks like he or she could conceivably be Muslim, and we should be honest about it."; "In our dealings with the Muslim world, we must acknowledge that Muslims have not found anything of substance to say against the actions of the September 11 hijackers, apart from the ubiquitous canard that they were really Jews." But none of this has had any impact on his prominent stature as a writer, thinker or public figure.
I do consider him liberalish but again...Sam Harris spends an inordinate amount of time having to defend his criticisms of Islam. He's constantly being raked over the coals by other liberals for it. There's no pass at all here.
In fairness to your point, you think that many (all?) religions, and not just Islam, deserve far more criticism. But as a practical matter, you and I both know that if liberals and/or Democrats increase their criticism of Islam, that Christianity, Judaism, etc. aren't going to get the treatment. So instead of having a society that is more appropriately skeptical of religion, in general, we'd just have a society where the rampant Islamophobia of the right-wing is more broadly accepted.
Jainism seems pretty innocuous. How about just a world where criticizing an ideology is the same thing as criticizing a hamburger? That we have to treat people's beliefs with kid gloves just because they happen to deem them as sacred is problematic. Or if we don't treat them with kid gloves it's somehow seen as persecution.

Let me give you an example. Last Christmas, my boss took us out to dinner after work and this girl I work with was talking about how it's BS she has to pay the same in taxes because she sends her kids to Catholic school and she can't send them to public school because then they'd only have church to be exposed to Catholic values. "You see just church isn't enough. They need all the Catholicism they can get or else they could get corrupted by the general public. The problem with society today is that people just don't want to give their children Catholic values!!!"

Now me and my friend are sitting on the other side of the table listening to this. Neither of us raise our kids with "Catholic values" nor do we even know what that fucking means. Our boss and the 4 other people at the table are listening to this intently and just nodding in affirmation and nobody was even remotely concerned about this making anyone uncomfortable.

Now all I was going to say was "Excuse me, but what values are you espousing that we don't? What actual values are you claiming to be instilling in your children that as non-Catholics, we aren't?" I couldn't say that because I would have been the asshole. I would have been the person saying something inappropriate at a work outing. Not her. There isn't one person still reading this who doesn't think that would have been a fair question and one that would possibly elevate the horrible level of discourse we were engaging in, and I couldn't ask it because of this insidious idea that we have to respect people's beliefs. That's the fucking problem.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:
Let me give you an example. Last Christmas, my boss took us out to dinner after work and this girl I work with was talking about how it's BS she has to pay the same in taxes because she sends her kids to Catholic school and she can't send them to public school because then they'd only have church to be exposed to Catholic values. "You see just church isn't enough. They need all the Catholicism they can get or else they could get corrupted by the general public. The problem with society today is that people just don't want to give their children Catholic values!!!"

Now me and my friend are sitting on the other side of the table listening to this. Neither of us raise our kids with "Catholic values" nor do we even know what that fucking means. Our boss and the 4 other people at the table are listening to this intently and just nodding in affirmation and nobody was even remotely concerned about this making anyone uncomfortable.

Now all I was going to say was "Excuse me, but what values are you espousing that we don't? What actual values are you claiming to be instilling in your children that as non-Catholics, we aren't?" I couldn't say that because I would have been the asshole. I would have been the person saying something inappropriate at a work outing. Not her. There isn't one person still reading this who doesn't think that would have been a fair question and one that would possibly elevate the horrible level of discourse we were engaging in, and I couldn't ask it because of this insidious idea that we have to respect people's beliefs. That's the fucking problem.
Interesting point. Half my job is dealing with workplace complaints just like the one that would have be made had you spoken your mind. What she said really is a criticism of every non-Catholic religion, but we hear it so often, it is just the norm. If you think about it, it's not much different than saying "what's wrong with this country is parents teaching Jewish/Muslim/Buddhist/Secular Humanist...values to their children." And yet, any response, no matter how friendly and genuinely curious, would have been seen as you attacking her. If she made the same comment, but said any religion other than Christianity, it would have been considered inflammatory. If you complained about that, you'd get eyerolls, be viewed as the insensitive person, and be accused of "attacking Christianity" and being a whiny Atheist trying to ruin society because you hate Christianity.

I would have been very tempted to politely ask if she thinks public schools should teach Catholicism as being the only correct religion. Or ask why if Church isn't enough, she doesn't instill the values at home. Or what does it say about Catholicism if it requires a full frontal assault on her children without learning other views for them to believe in it.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Jerloma wrote:Now all I was going to say was "Excuse me, but what values are you espousing that we don't? What actual values are you claiming to be instilling in your children that as non-Catholics, we aren't?" I couldn't say that because I would have been the asshole. I would have been the person saying something inappropriate at a work outing. Not her. There isn't one person still reading this who doesn't think that would have been a fair question and one that would possibly elevate the horrible level of discourse we were engaging in, and I couldn't ask it because of this insidious idea that we have to respect people's beliefs. That's the fucking problem.
You wouldn't have been the asshole for your beliefs, you would have been an asshole for challenging a coworker during a social outing.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote:
I don't mean to be a pedantic jerk, but I read it 10 times, and I'm still not sure what the last sentence means. I took the sigh as you sighing having to explain what happened, or your exasperation over the twitter situation.

Does Schilling not like the guy because the guy tweets too much about Schilling? Is the guy arguing with you saying he is a Schilling supporter, then bashing Schilling in other tweets? If the latter, does the guy not like Schilling because Schilling "tweets too much about the topic" (Muslims?), or does the guy not like Schilling based on his numerous anti-Schilling tweets." Not trying to be a jerk, but I was genuinely curious, and confused. Maybe it's just me, but I can't parse out what you meant. I also have a bug up my ass about ambiguous pronouns, thanks to a high school English teacher.

A guy also just tweeted me "we" in response to a general tweet I sent about people supporting Schilling, meaning he was in support of Schilling. But he clearly doesn't like him from his way-too-many tweets on the topic.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
I don't mean to be a pedantic jerk, but I read it 10 times, and I'm still not sure what the last sentence means. I took the sigh as you sighing having to explain what happened, or your exasperation over the twitter situation.

Does Schilling not like the guy because the guy tweets too much about Schilling? Is the guy arguing with you saying he is a Schilling supporter, then bashing Schilling in other tweets? If the latter, does the guy not like Schilling because Schilling "tweets too much about the topic" (Muslims?), or does the guy not like Schilling based on his numerous anti-Schilling tweets." Not trying to be a jerk, but I was genuinely curious, and confused. Maybe it's just me, but I can't parse out what you meant. I also have a bug up my ass about ambiguous pronouns, thanks to a high school English teacher.

A guy also just tweeted me "we" in response to a general tweet I sent about people supporting Schilling, meaning he was in support of Schilling. But he clearly doesn't like him from his way-too-many tweets on the topic.
He answered the question in the affirmative (about support for Schilling), when all of his tweets were in the negative, hence the contradiction.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Now all I was going to say was "Excuse me, but what values are you espousing that we don't? What actual values are you claiming to be instilling in your children that as non-Catholics, we aren't?" I couldn't say that because I would have been the asshole. I would have been the person saying something inappropriate at a work outing. Not her. There isn't one person still reading this who doesn't think that would have been a fair question and one that would possibly elevate the horrible level of discourse we were engaging in, and I couldn't ask it because of this insidious idea that we have to respect people's beliefs. That's the fucking problem.
You wouldn't have been the asshole for your beliefs, you would have been an asshole for challenging a coworker during a social outing.
And that's why you're part of the problem. You...a secular person by all accounts...thinks asking someone a perfectly legitimate question is "challenging" them. If religion wasn't involved, you'd never consider that challenging them. If I asked her why she puts the wasabi directly on her sushi instead of mixing it into the soy sauce, you wouldn't say that I was challenging her.

Here's another one. A few years ago, I'm at the bar watching the US Open final and I'm telling my buddy why evolution by NS should be a nail in the coffin for Christianity and why young earth creationism is a more intellectually honest position in that worldview. People at the table behind me complain that I'm making them uncomfortable. So what does the waitress do...

A. Tell them too bad. It's a free country and he's not being disruptive or talking any louder than anyone else?
B. Tell them too bad. If their faith is so flimsy that they need it coddled like that, perhaps they need to find a different one?
C. TELL MY FUCKING WIFE TO ASK ME TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT OR WHISPER!!!!

Because people who talk like I do immediately pay a social penalty for it and it's not hurting anyone. The sheep who want to engineer society so that they never have to be uncomfortable though...they get the pass. That needs to change.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Hey guys. Sportscenter's really been killing it lately.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If you had been the one initiating the conversation talking about how much you love public schools and how it gives kids a real world experience of encountering a greater variety of people and she jumped in with "excuse me, but what's not real world about ...", she'd be the asshole. Its has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with the timing of being argumentative.
Last edited by mister d on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Mr. D and Jerloma both make good points.

(Not being sarcastic.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:If you had been the one initiating the conversation talking about how much you love public schools and how it gives kids a real world experience of encountering a greater variety of people and she jumped in with "excuse me, but what's not real world about ...", she'd be the asshole. Its has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with the timing of being argumentative.
I would be happy to politely answer her question. Wouldn't see it as argumentative at all.

Plus, there's always a chance that she could be right, right? Like if there's some special value I'm missing out on with raising my kids and I'm blind to it because of my lack of faith...she could actually help make me a better parent. Why would I want to deprive myself of that?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:If you had been the one initiating the conversation talking about how much you love public schools and how it gives kids a real world experience of encountering a greater variety of people and she jumped in with "excuse me, but what's not real world about ...", she'd be the asshole. Its has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with the timing of being argumentative.
I get that, but she said teaching values other than Christian are what's ruining society. and it slides. If JLo said,"you know what's ruining society, teaching Christianity to children," I don't think that slides. I guess it is a little different, since it singles out one religion. Maybe, "what's ruining society is not teaching Atheistic values."
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sure, she seems annoying as fuck. But that doesn't absolve the confrontational asshole who makes the rest of the work colleagues even more uncomfortable by turning it into debate club.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

No. Being a confrontational asshole would have been "What are Catholic values? Giving 10% of your income to the kiddie rape defense league and then complaining about paying taxes for public education? Telling your innocent child that they're broken and sick and the only cure is to wash themselves in the blood of an apocalyptic preacher from Bronze age Palestine? Telling two people who love each other they can't get married because of your beliefs? Telling women that they can't have control of their own reproductive system? Telling the most impoverished, disease-ridden people in the world that condoms are as sinful as murder?"

That would have been being a confrontational asshole.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I can't wait for some fellow agnostic to follow you around chastising you for watching football.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

How the fuck did Schilling not get suspended for this?

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

...and in light of that, have we considered the possibility that Curt is being apologetic because he realized his tweet was not offensive to Muslims, but to Nazis?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The always wonderul Ray Ratto: Curt Schilling shared his fascinating world view on Twitter yet again, going all Godwin’s Law on the subject of Muslims and terror, with the “punishment” being that he didn’t have to cover the Little League World Series. This proves yet again that in the corporate communications world, it isn’t the speech that matters, but the speaker. But surely that’s an opinion we’ve known for some time now – that if someone the company likes, says or does something stupid/unpopular, the punishment will be tailored to the value of the someone in question to the company. It’s just nice to know that some American verities never change.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Ray is the fucking best. I started reading him in the sf rag more than 30 years ago. Just as bitter in person.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I found him via retweets probably within the past year, but he's amazing. Funny every single time. That's tough.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

yeah, I retweet Ratto comments fairly regularly...

He had a great one tonight. I was watching an Oakland Raiders season preview show, waiting for the Giants' baseball game to start. The broadcasters were fawning all over the Oakland Raiders, as if they were Super Bowl champs or something. They brought Ray out for a segment and clearly looked like they expected him to join their puff party:
Announcer: "So, Ray. What would constitute a successful season for the Raiders, that would be within reasonable expectations?"
Ray: [pregnant pause] [eye roll] "6 and 10, and the team doesn't move."
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Oh man. I really need the AofG back...
ESPN IS A JOURNALISTIC EMBARRASSMENT

ESPN - what happened to you? Your intolerant PC police are running amok and making a joke out of you!

By picking and choosing who they’ll tolerate and who they’ll try to destroy, ESPN has zero credibility as a sound and reasonable media outlet. They suspended former major league great Curt Schilling because of his tweet:

“Only 5-10% of Muslims are extremists. In 1940, only 7% of Germans were Nazis. How’d that go?”

ESPN reacted about as fast as a Schilling pitch, wimpering, “Curt’s tweet was completely unacceptable, and in no way represents our company’s perspective. We have removed him from his current assignment... pending further consideration.”

Two points - well, three, because Curt’s a pretty conservative/independent guy.

One - there’s been crude, rude bile spewing from the once-great sports network for years now. Trust me. I know. My name and reputation’s been in it. One ESPN affiliate’s on-air rant featuring their misogynist, animalistic “analysts” grunting and giggling through an entire x-rated celebration of violence against women didn’t even draw a chirp from ESPN’s wussified leaders. Look it up; I don’t want to have to recount it. ESPN radio affiliate in Las Vegas got its kicks out of convicted rapist Mike Tyson describing the next rape he’d want to see. (Warning, graphic language throughout that Sept. 20, 2011 broadcast.)

Two - Schilling’s tweet - was he wrong? No! In fact his stats were too generous in estimating Muslims’ attitudes. Reports show it’s 88% of Egyptian Muslims favoring DEATH for anyone who leaves Islam. The majority of Muslims in many other places share the sentiment. In America, these views could be correctly described as “extreme.”

The difference between Hitler’s army and the genocidal maniacs of ISIS is that the jihadists don’t have as much power… yet.

By denying the accuracy of Schilling’s tweet, ESPN shows its weakness as it buys into the propaganda of ISIS and other terror organizations, helping mislead the public about the very real threat of terrorism. It shows once again that ESPN would rather concentrate on liberal global politics instead of report well on our beloved sports.

From those of us who used to LOVE the network (to the point of addiction, some would confess!), I say to ESPN - you are awful in this. Stick to sports.

- Sarah Palin
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The top Deadspin comment on that is gold...
“Those bastards in Bristol are ruining everything,” Palin continued. “I’ll be babysitting every weekend ‘til I’m fucking 75 years old at this rate.”

“Now...where was I on the ESPN thing....oh right, Curt Schilling...”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A handful of commenters are the best part of deadspin by a long margin.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:The top Deadspin comment on that is gold...
“Those bastards in Bristol are ruining everything,” Palin continued. “I’ll be babysitting every weekend ‘til I’m fucking 75 years old at this rate.”

Holy fuck, that is amazing! JLo, based on your Facebook comments, I got the impression you were agreeing with Schilling's tweet.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote:

Holy fuck, that is amazing! JLo, based on your Facebook comments, I got the impression you were agreeing with Schilling's tweet.
It depends what the point is. If it's that we shouldn't ignore Islam because only 10% Muslims are extremists, I do agree with it. I don't really need Godwin's law to tell me that though.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Godwin's Law: Worst Name for a new NBC legal drama, or Best name?
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A_B wrote:Godwin's Law: Worst Name for a new NBC legal drama, or Best name?
Is it about Henry or Phineas? #OldWWEJokes
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:
The Sybian wrote:

It depends what the point is. If it's that we shouldn't ignore Islam because only 10% Muslims are extremists, I do agree with it. I don't really need Godwin's law to tell me that though.
If only someone would talk about the threat of Islamic extremists.
-Pruitt
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

The Sybian wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
The Sybian wrote:

If only someone would talk about the threat of Islamic extremists.
Even better, we could divert money from schools, roads, hospitals, and libraries and use it to counter the threat of Islamic extremism instead. Or maybe, if we're really lucky, we could spend trillions of dollars on a war or five. It's just too bad that everyone wants to ignore Islam though.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

[quote="Joe K"
Even better, we could divert money from schools, roads, hospitals, and libraries and use it to counter the threat of Islamic extremism instead. Or maybe, if we're really lucky, we could spend trillions of dollars on a war or five. It's just too bad that everyone wants to ignore Islam though.[/quote]

Thank God we have a TRUE PATRIOT like Schilling color commentating for the Little League World Series and spouting off on Twitter.
-Pruitt