My Fantasy Football League Needs One...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: My Fantasy Football League Needs One...

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote:
The Sybian wrote:Andrew Luck in a QB heavy league is a really nice player, especially with no limit on how long you can keep a player. That could be a 10 year keeper (now he is destined to suffer a career ending injury by Week 3). Luck and Murray are obvious keepers, but who I keep as the 3rd? I'm tempted to keep Wilson and try to trade him.

DSafe, are there trades prior to declaring keepers?

Andrew luck fucked me in my keeper league last year.
Yup.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote:
The Sybian wrote:Andrew Luck in a QB heavy league is a really nice player, especially with no limit on how long you can keep a player. That could be a 10 year keeper (now he is destined to suffer a career ending injury by Week 3). Luck and Murray are obvious keepers, but who I keep as the 3rd? I'm tempted to keep Wilson and try to trade him.

DSafe, are there trades prior to declaring keepers?

Andrew luck fucked me in my keeper league last year.
Luck and Murray killed me.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sybian said he hated his team right after his second pick last night.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote:Sybian said he hated his team right after his second pick last night.
That was a tough draft for the first couple of rounds. Even though I have two stud RBs, I wanted a third because both of my stud RBs have the same bye week. I was all set to draft Melvin Gordon until he was taken right before my pick. I just hope to the Lord Jesus Himself that Duke Johnson gets a ton of play this year. Given Hue's playbook, he should.

Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me: Spencer Ware went to my high school. I had to draft him.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:Sybian said he hated his team right after his second pick last night.
I hated my team because of the pile of crap I had to keep. Luck could be good, but no way is he worth a 3rd or higher round pick, especially this year where there are 10 other guys who are somewhat comparable or at least the same tier. If he was on the board, he would have be 5-7th round pick. And DeMarco Murray is even worse. I was pissed when the Bell keeper mishap occurred. I went in knowing I'd get Bell, Elliott or Allen Robinson. Then you stole that dream from me. I was hoping to get a serviceable RB2, but I am left with zombie Arian Foster until his inevitable season/career ending injury in week 3, then a crap shoot of fliers. So yeah, I hate my team, but that was inevitable. I'm just banking on keeping super stud Tajae Sharpe next year.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

My team is awesome.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

In case anyone cares, here are the initial rosters for the four Swampers in this league:

DSG (Century City Gentlemen):

QB: Roethlisberger, Dalton
RB: Gurley, Woodhead, Crowell, Washington, White
WR: Cooks, D. Thomas, Watkins, T. Benjamin, Moncrief
TE: Barnidge, Eifert
D: Eagles
K: Vinatieri

Giff (Eiferted):

QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: Hill, McCoy, Blount, Morris
WR: M. Jones, A. Robinson, Cobb, Ginn Jr., Gordon, D. Parker, M. Thomas
TE: Kelce
D: Packers
K: Bailey

Sybian (Swamp Monsters):

QB: Luck, Tannehill
RB: Foster, Murray, Ajayi, West, Ivory
WR: Allen, B. Marshall, Hurns, Sharpe, Snead
TE: Reed
D: Rams, Jets
K: Hauschka

Sabo (Sabo FC):

QB: Winston, Osweiler, Prescott
RB: David Johnson, Miller, Duke Johnson, Ellington, Ware
WR: Cooper, Landry, Diggs, Wheaton
TE: Ertz, McDonald
D: Panthers
K: McManus
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Suddenly, my team doesn't look so bad!
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote:Suddenly, my team doesn't look so bad!
I know! Looks worse!

Does seem like a fun league. Looking forward to the season.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote:
I know! Looks worse!

It is a good league. Wait until you start getting the weekly Stick's Picks. Each game is handicapped with an explanation of why Stick is picking the winners, along with a recap and running total of winnings/losing on the bets. Trash talking is at a minimum, but always appreciated. Don't be shy as the new guy to give people shit, even if the rest of the league is quiet.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote:
Giff wrote:
I know! Looks worse!

It is a good league. Wait until you start getting the weekly Stick's Picks. Each game is handicapped with an explanation of why Stick is picking the winners, along with a recap and running total of winnings/losing on the bets. Trash talking is at a minimum, but always appreciated. Don't be shy as the new guy to give people shit, even if the rest of the league is quiet.
I hope Stick has enough time to do a draft recap. He usually picks a theme and compares every team's draft to something along that theme. Two years ago, it was "The Fappening" and he compared each team to someone whose photos were hacked and released. I got Kate Upton. Sabo got Justin Verlander.

Trash talking has more or less gone away with Matty G's retirement. He pre-dated all of you and every time someone leaves, I ask him if he wants back in. His return would increase the amount of vulgar trash talk signed, "Yours in Christ".
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:o, it was "The Fappening" and he compared each team to someone whose photos were hacked and released. I got Kate Upton. Sabo got Justin Verlander.
That is fucking hilarious. According to the ridiculous statistical analysis on the CBS draft recap, Sabo had the worst draft in the league. I scored well, so they obviously aren't including keepers in the analysis. They really love Jordan Reed, listing him as the best selection in the draft, but his history of injuries worries me. And CBS is really down on using the 14th overall pick to select a player (Dion Lewis) who is on the PUP list because he is going in for a second surgery for a torn ACL.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:o, it was "The Fappening" and he compared each team to someone whose photos were hacked and released. I got Kate Upton. Sabo got Justin Verlander.
That is fucking hilarious. According to the ridiculous statistical analysis on the CBS draft recap, Sabo had the worst draft in the league. I scored well, so they obviously aren't including keepers in the analysis. They really love Jordan Reed, listing him as the best selection in the draft, but his history of injuries worries me. And CBS is really down on using the 14th overall pick to select a player (Dion Lewis) who is on the PUP list because he is going in for a second surgery for a torn ACL.
Yeah, I enjoyed that draft recap. It's almost as if CBS doesn't understand that RBs are the premium position players in fantasy football and thus will be drafted higher than expected. I think their draft recap has panned my draft every year but I've either made the playoffs or just missed them every year except for one. The ridiculousness of the CBS' automated analyses are one of the reasons I don't want to move off CBS to another fantasy hosting platform. They're so bad it's hilarious.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Any guy with independent thought on the draft will be hammered by those automatic analyses. They reward you for going with the consensus choice each time.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

How competitive is this league? I finished the first week with 131 points, which is the most in the league so far, and I'm ahead of my opponent by 36. But I'm afraid I'm going to lose because the other owner has Antonio Brown still to play.

Also, nice debut by Giff, who scored the second-most points with 109 and leads DSafetyGuy by 37. DSG has Roethlisberger and Gurley yet to play, so Giff could have a good debut and lose.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Thank you, Drew Brees.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote:How competitive is this league? I finished the first week with 131 points, which is the most in the league so far, and I'm ahead of my opponent by 36. But I'm afraid I'm going to lose because the other owner has Antonio Brown still to play.

Also, nice debut by Giff, who scored the second-most points with 109 and leads DSafetyGuy by 37. DSG has Roethlisberger and Gurley yet to play, so Giff could have a good debut and lose.
This is a low scoring league, so 131 is a really nice score. Since you've played in the league longer than I have, you know better than I do. I'm gunning for Giff's score, since my opponent shat the bed. Maybe this Andrew Luck guy wasn't such a bad keeper pick afterall. My hating my team isn't helped by my first round pick getting what is expected to be a season ending injury Week 1.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Well, I managed to hang on and win, but I gotta say I hate Antonio Brown for scaring the hell out of me last night.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Sabo wrote:Well, I managed to hang on and win, but I gotta say I hate Antonio Brown for scaring the hell out of me last night.
Played against him in 2/3 leagues and he beat me in one and made me tie in the other one. I fucking hate fantasy football.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Went to bed up 10 and he had Gurley, so I was pleasantly surprised this morning!
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I want to thank Giff, Sybian and DSafetyGuy for their assistance in our fantasy football league this week.

Both Giff and Syb won this week* against opponents who were either tied or just behind me in the standings, and DSafetyGuy did his best dead dog impression while playing against my squad. The assortment of results means I've clinched a playoff spot and should have the number one seed in my division.

Thanks, frogs!

* Syb's victory assumes Davante Adams doesn't lose five fumbles tonight while gaining less than 10 yards, and my victory assumes Zach Ertz doesn't lose 12 fumbles while gaining less than 10 yards. You never know!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote:I want to thank Giff, Sybian and DSafetyGuy for their assistance in our fantasy football league this week.

Both Giff and Syb won this week* against opponents who were either tied or just behind me in the standings, and DSafetyGuy did his best dead dog impression while playing against my squad. The assortment of results means I've clinched a playoff spot and should have the number one seed in my division.

Thanks, frogs!

* Syb's victory assumes Davante Adams doesn't lose five fumbles tonight while gaining less than 10 yards, and my victory assumes Zach Ertz doesn't lose 12 fumbles while gaining less than 10 yards. You never know!
Sabo, since you clinched the division, you should rest your starters next week. If I win, I grab the last playoff spot, assuming tiebreaker is H2H. I haven't been paying attention to standings, but I thought Giff was good. Then I took a look last week. Wha' Happened?
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote:
Sabo wrote:I want to thank Giff, Sybian and DSafetyGuy for their assistance in our fantasy football league this week.

Thanks, frogs!

Sabo, since you clinched the division, you should rest your starters next week. If I win, I grab the last playoff spot, assuming tiebreaker is H2H. I haven't been paying attention to standings, but I thought Giff was good. Then I took a look last week. Wha' Happened?
I've been boom or bust this year.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Thanks, frogs!

I owe a lot to Sammy Watkins, whose four points was a great return of investment on a first-round pick. I owe less to Danny Woodhead, Donte Moncrief, Travis Benjamin, and Jeff Fisher's incompetence in hiring an offensive coordinator.

About the only damn things I did right this year was use Kaepernick as a streamer for a week and pick up Devontae Booker before CJ Anderson got hurt.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:

Thanks, frogs!

I owe a lot to Sammy Watkins, whose four points was a great return of investment on a first-round pick. I owe less to Danny Woodhead, Donte Moncrief, Travis Benjamin, and Jeff Fisher's incompetence in hiring an offensive coordinator.

About the only damn things I did right this year was use Kaepernick as a streamer for a week and pick up Devontae Booker before CJ Anderson got hurt.
After the draft, I felt like I had a rock solid WR corp (start 2 and a RB-WR Flex) with Keenan Allen, Brandon Marshall and several others, plus Jordan Reed. I was nauseous over my RB corp with Demarco Murray, Arian Foster, Ajayi, Chris Ivory and Terrence West. Turns out, I have a top tier rushing team, and I'm dead last in receiving.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

All you have to do is not give up a 102-point lead in the "points scored" tiebreaker.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote:All you have to do is not give up a 102-point lead in the "points scored" tiebreaker.
There you go, Syb. There's a chance I can lose the top seed. Therefore, I'm trotting out a full strength squad this weekend.

BRING IT.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Sabo wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:All you have to do is not give up a 102-point lead in the "points scored" tiebreaker.
There you go, Syb. There's a chance I can lose the top seed. Therefore, I'm trotting out a full strength squad this weekend.

BRING IT.
You mutherfucking better.

On an unrelated note, I'm truly sorry for trash-talking your more superior brand of Bobcats.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Giff wrote:
Sabo wrote:

BRING IT.
You mutherfucking better.

On an unrelated note, I'm truly sorry for trash-talking your more superior brand of Bobcats.
No harm, no foul. Your 'cats were the better team that day. But I still think we would've whipped you if our starting running back didn't hurt himself on the third play of the game. He's been out ever since.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

That was easily their best game of the season, sadly.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote:

BRING IT.
You couldn't have scored less than me if you tried. Can't complain, no way my team deserved to make the playoffs.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I'm just thankful your team decided to pack it in this week. Much appreciated.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Once again, I dip into the Swamp well to find another fantasy football owner...

Sabo, Sybian, and Giff (the defending champion) are all in this league. League details:

12 teams, 16-man roster, 9 players in active lineup (QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR, TE, K, D/ST)

Two six-team divisions, top three in each division make playoffs, which run weeks 14-16. Division winners get byes in Week 14. East playoff champ faces West playoff champ for title in Week 16. East playoff runner-up faces West playoff runner-up for third place in Week 16.

As of last year, it was $50 (non-Swamp bucks) with $300 for first, $120 for second, and $50.05 for third (the rest pays for CBS website). CBS nudged their fee up this year and the other commissioner and I have not figured out what we will do, but I am leaning toward nudging the entry up to $60 with accompanying increases to the prizes. I know many of you hate CBS' website (and I hate them every first Sunday of the NFL season when their site inevitably crashes, as well as their failure to tweak their waiver cycle that hurts our twice-weekly waivers because of Thursday night games), but we like the league history.

You take over an existing roster, from which you keep any three players with no penalty. You can keep them for as many seasons as you like.

If we follow our usual calendar, the 13-round snake draft on Sunday, August 26 at 9:00pm Eastern.

Non-PPR, 6 points for all TDs, yardage bonuses.

Let me know if interested or if you have any questions.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:05 am Once again, I dip into the Swamp well to find another fantasy football owner...

Sabo, Sybian, and Giff (the defending champion) are all in this league. League details:

12 teams, 16-man roster, 9 players in active lineup (QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR, TE, K, D/ST)

Two six-team divisions, top three in each division make playoffs, which run weeks 14-16. Division winners get byes in Week 14. East playoff champ faces West playoff champ for title in Week 16. East playoff runner-up faces West playoff runner-up for third place in Week 16.

As of last year, it was $50 (non-Swamp bucks) with $300 for first, $120 for second, and $50.05 for third (the rest pays for CBS website). CBS nudged their fee up this year and the other commissioner and I have not figured out what we will do, but I am leaning toward nudging the entry up to $60 with accompanying increases to the prizes. I know many of you hate CBS' website (and I hate them every first Sunday of the NFL season when their site inevitably crashes, as well as their failure to tweak their waiver cycle that hurts our twice-weekly waivers because of Thursday night games), but we like the league history.

You take over an existing roster, from which you keep any three players with no penalty. You can keep them for as many seasons as you like.

If we follow our usual calendar, the 13-round snake draft on Sunday, August 26 at 9:00pm Eastern.

Who bailed? And for those considering this league, this is the most-fun fantasy football league I've ever played.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Keep in mind my keepers are amazing. But it is a very fun league.

My only beef is the CBS fee. I'm not sure what that really pays for these days. We've switched to Yahoo and don't really miss anything we might have been paying for at CBS.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:05 am Once again, I dip into the Swamp well to find another fantasy football owner...

I am interested if no one else has made a claim yet...
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:07 am
Who bailed? And for those considering this league, this is the most-fun fantasy football league I've ever played.
Yeah, who bailed? This is only the third best league I've been in, but my team sucks. On the plus side, we get the most detailed betting analysis of every game before hand, and a recap. And trash talk is appreciated.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:07 pm
Yeah, who bailed? This is only the third best league I've been in, but my team sucks. On the plus side, we get the most detailed betting analysis of every game before hand, and a recap. And trash talk is appreciated.
This. Stick's Picks makes for fantastic Thursday afternoon reading.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:08 pm
The Sybian wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:07 pm
This. Stick's Picks makes for fantastic Thursday afternoon reading.
Danny (Manhattan Project) bailed (for the second time, I believe). We have 15 years of league history on the site (following a disastrous first year on ESPN). I think the collective indifference of OFL management keeps us on CBS. Also, that history means that when Stick's Picks includes some historical statistic for the league, it is an actual stat and not something he just made up.

Good Karma, welcome. I will be sending you a PM shortly.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Pool I'm in needs a member (some asshole dropped out this morning - draft is tonight at 9 eastern)

12 guys, snake draft - not too much trading goes on.

Let me know ASAP!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."