Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, DaveInSeattle, rass

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by Steve of phpBB » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Knowledge of what, though?

Tuberville has to know there’s a federal court system. Conservatives have been all about the Supreme Court forever.

The knowledge he may lack is that when educated people use the word “branches,” we mean executive-legislative-judicial. We don’t mean the other important set of three governmental institutions that are involved in the process of passing and executing laws.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
cerrano
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Random Politics

Post by cerrano » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Steve of phpBB wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 pm
Knowledge of what, though?

Tuberville has to know there’s a federal court system. Conservatives have been all about the Supreme Court forever.

The knowledge he may lack is that when educated people use the word “branches,” we mean executive-legislative-judicial. We don’t mean the other important set of three governmental institutions that are involved in the process of passing and executing laws.
So Senator Tuberville is not educated enough to know how to sound educated enough to be a Senator but it shouldn’t be pointed out?
"i'm just a middle-aged black woman trying to get into the senate."

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21955
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Random Politics

Post by brian » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:02 pm

Him saying World War II was to defeat “socialism” was way worse anyway.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by Steve of phpBB » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 pm

cerrano wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:46 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:36 pm
Knowledge of what, though?

Tuberville has to know there’s a federal court system. Conservatives have been all about the Supreme Court forever.

The knowledge he may lack is that when educated people use the word “branches,” we mean executive-legislative-judicial. We don’t mean the other important set of three governmental institutions that are involved in the process of passing and executing laws.
So Senator Tuberville is not educated enough to know how to sound educated enough to be a Senator but it shouldn’t be pointed out?
I dunno. To me its like people in the club laughing at people for not knowing the club’s buzzwords. Or like the gun nuts jumping on a gun control advocate for not being up on the precise difference between a clip and a magazine. Who the hell cares?

AOC referred to the House, Senate, and Presidency as the three chambers of government. Is she ignorant too? Everyone knows that “chambers” refers only to the two chambers of Congress.

Anyway, Brian’s right. Saying we fought WW II to stop socialism is wrong and way dumber.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4946
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Random Politics

Post by DaveInSeattle » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:11 pm

So when another state offers Sen Tuberville more money, will he jump ship without telling anyone?

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16820
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Random Politics

Post by A_B » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:48 am

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:11 pm
So when another state offers Sen Tuberville more money, will he jump ship without telling anyone?
I hope it's Utah.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 8206
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Random Politics

Post by govmentchedda » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:19 am

Phone banking this morning for Fair Fight Action, Stacey Abrams GOTV campaign, and a guy answered the phone with, "identify yourself you son of a bitch!"


He turned out to be quite friendly.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by Steve of phpBB » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:20 pm

A_B wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:48 am
DaveInSeattle wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:11 pm
So when another state offers Sen Tuberville more money, will he jump ship without telling anyone?
I hope it's Utah.
Hey, we already got Mitt Romney that way.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
Rush2112
The Dude
Posts: 6172
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Cyrus X-1
Contact:

Re: Random Politics

Post by Rush2112 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:08 pm

Image
"If you're into power let's go down to my van, because Red Barchetta through a 10 gigawatt pre-amp is-wait... pleassee tell me you're into Rush...."

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21955
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Random Politics

Post by brian » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:21 pm


psunate77
Bunny Lebowski
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by psunate77 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:18 am

Just saw McAdams lost to Burgess Owens in Utah.

Dems are close to losing the house and may in 2022.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by Steve of phpBB » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:55 am

psunate77 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:18 am
Just saw McAdams lost to Burgess Owens in Utah.

Dems are close to losing the house and may in 2022.
Once again Utah is back to having no Dems in Congress. Salt Lake County, the largest in the state, went for Biden 53-42. But we're gerrymandered really bad here.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12060
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Random Politics

Post by Johnnie » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:51 pm



*Video games & Gangsta Rap
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
Shirley
The Dude
Posts: 5733
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Random Politics

Post by Shirley » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:44 am

Johnnie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:51 pm


*Video games & Gangsta Rap
*Heavy metal and D&D
Totally Kafkaesque

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by Steve of phpBB » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am

Shirley wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:44 am
Johnnie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:51 pm


*Video games & Gangsta Rap
*Heavy metal and D&D
*Rock and Roll and Dancing
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 6518
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Random Politics

Post by Giff » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:58 am

Steve of phpBB wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am
Shirley wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:44 am
Johnnie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:51 pm


*Video games & Gangsta Rap
*Heavy metal and D&D
*Rock and Roll and Dancing
*Horse and Buggy and Saloon music*


*sancarlos
Muh.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5719
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Random Politics

Post by DSafetyGuy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Giff wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:58 am
Steve of phpBB wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am
Shirley wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:44 am
Johnnie wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:51 pm


*Video games & Gangsta Rap
*Heavy metal and D&D
*Rock and Roll and Dancing
*Horse and Buggy and Saloon music*

*sancarlos
Fire and the wheel.

FTFY.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12044
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Random Politics

Post by sancarlos » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 pm

Image
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
Rex
The Dude
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Random Politics

Post by Rex » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:04 pm



By the way, how unpopular is Hillary? Even the creator of this monstrosity left her out.

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 8206
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Random Politics

Post by govmentchedda » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:44 pm

I want to party with 4.5 of them.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

psunate77
Bunny Lebowski
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by psunate77 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:18 am

They have no shame

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by Steve of phpBB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 am

If Rittenhouse had been killed that night, he’d be Horst Wessel.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16502
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random Politics

Post by Pruitt » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:09 am

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
EdRomero
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1472
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Re: Random Politics

Post by EdRomero » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:03 pm



Has there been a time in history where the courts are politically very different from the public? The country is getting more progressive, but the courts look like they'll be very conservative for awhile.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by Steve of phpBB » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:58 pm

EdRomero wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:03 pm
Has there been a time in history where the courts are politically very different from the public? The country is getting more progressive, but the courts look like they'll be very conservative for awhile.
I think Scott Lemieux would be the best source on this, but I think courts have been more conservative than the general public for most of the past 150 years.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12060
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Random Politics

Post by Johnnie » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:04 pm

The bravest of the brave, Paul Ryan, has spoken. What courage to speak. Wow.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random Politics

Post by Steve of phpBB » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:04 pm
The bravest of the brave, Paul Ryan, has spoken. What courage to speak. Wow.

Cue Trump calling Ryan a loser for his 2012 run for VP ... when he and Romney got 47.2 percent of the vote, a number Trump didn’t reach either time.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5719
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Random Politics

Post by DSafetyGuy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:57 pm

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

Post Reply