The Dude

Re: Random Politics

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:31 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:30 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 am
Pruitt wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 am
Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 am
Anyway... it's gross. He needs to resign.
How much hubris does this guy have that he didn't immediately resign and try to disappear off the face of the earth when these allegations and evidence came to light?
he called it a "witch hunt" three times in his prebuttal statement before the house report was released and said there would be more allegations and accusations forthcoming that were false

there's some serious malignant narcissism going on here
update

the Republican AG who is running for Senate vs. McCaskill says Greitens likely committed a felony in releasing the donor names of his vets' charity for political fundraising purposes. the AG has referred the case to an StL prosecutor because he says he doesn't have the authority but supports the prosecutor's efforts in charging Greitens

Greitens responds by saying the prosecutor is a liberal funded by Soros
Is it safe to say that buddy is having some sort of breakdown?
There's only one playbook. The plays don't change.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Avram
Brandt

Post by Avram »

Brontoburglar wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:30 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 am
Pruitt wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 am
Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 am
Anyway... it's gross. He needs to resign.
How much hubris does this guy have that he didn't immediately resign and try to disappear off the face of the earth when these allegations and evidence came to light?
he called it a "witch hunt" three times in his prebuttal statement before the house report was released and said there would be more allegations and accusations forthcoming that were false

there's some serious malignant narcissism going on here
update

the Republican AG who is running for Senate vs. McCaskill says Greitens likely committed a felony in releasing the donor names of his vets' charity for political fundraising purposes. the AG has referred the case to an StL prosecutor because he says he doesn't have the authority but supports the prosecutor's efforts in charging Greitens

Greitens responds by saying the prosecutor is a liberal funded by Soros
Funny to hear someone Jewish use the Soros smear. That is usually reserved for anti-Semites trying to disguise their bigotry
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

He's Jewish?

Fuck that shit.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Avram
Brandt

Post by Avram »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:48 pm He's Jewish?

Fuck that shit.
Yes, it is truly embarrassing.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Avram wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Fuck that shit.
Weinstein, Woody Allen, Jared Kushner, Adam Levine, and now this?!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Avram
Brandt

Post by Avram »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 pm
Avram wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Fuck that shit.
Weinstein, Woody Allen, Jared Kushner, Adam Levine, and now this?!
we are no different than anyone else. No better, no worse. But I still take it personally. I expect more.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

to further spin the Greitens thing. the AG has been investigating the charity for over a year. but he's *now* doing this because the statute of limitations on this alleged crime ends in ... wait for it ... wait for it ... five days.

this is a blatant political play. granted, I imagine there's significant proof and evidence, but this has all the makings of a "hey you're toxic now so I gotta wash my hands of you"
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Nikki Haley is probably going to be the only person from this administration to come out of this entire fiasco relatively unscathed. Maybe Mattis?

But basically telling Kudlow to fuck off in such a brilliant way sure has been fun to watch.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/f ... rs-w518701

Very good read about assumptions (poor ones) re: Trump voters in red states.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Cardi B for president! (When she's at least 35, anyway.)

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Brontoburglar wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:13 pm to further spin the Greitens thing. the AG has been investigating the charity for over a year. but he's *now* doing this because the statute of limitations on this alleged crime ends in ... wait for it ... wait for it ... five days.

this is a blatant political play. granted, I imagine there's significant proof and evidence, but this has all the makings of a "hey you're toxic now so I gotta wash my hands of you"
felony number two!

tampering with computer data
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Looking at pics like this make me think it's all a joke and we're arguing over nothing.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

There's definitely 8 people in that photo who could buy any of us with the loose cash in their wallets.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

And a pretty solid pair of gams in the background (viewer’s) right.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I guess I should put this here but I am really disappointed in myself that I had no idea Macron's wife was 65 and their backstory until tonight.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Good thread
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

there are other mistakes in it too, like saying it's been illegal for years to register to vote in the state of Kansas
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I appreciate "CITE." Gonna try that one next time I'm feeling lazy.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:42 pm I appreciate "CITE." Gonna try that one next time I'm feeling lazy.
C'mon...give him a break. It's not like Kobach is a trained lawyer or anything...
From Harvard, Kobach went on to earn an M.A. and Ph.D. in Politics at the University of Oxford, attending having been granted a Marshall Scholarship. Returning to the U.S., he studied at Yale Law School, where he earned a law degree in 1995,[1][32] and became an editor of the Yale Law Journal.
Ooops....
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

That’s pretty standard I think as you get things ready. What’s not standard is not reviewing the documents at all afterward.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:03 pm
HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:42 pm I appreciate "CITE." Gonna try that one next time I'm feeling lazy.
C'mon...give him a break. It's not like Kobach is a trained lawyer or anything...
From Harvard, Kobach went on to earn an M.A. and Ph.D. in Politics at the University of Oxford, attending having been granted a Marshall Scholarship. Returning to the U.S., he studied at Yale Law School, where he earned a law degree in 1995,[1][32] and became an editor of the Yale Law Journal.
Ooops....
My wife does that all the time when she's writing briefs or other legal docs. Coming up with the exact, proper citation can take a lot of tedious time, and that's wasted time if you later edit that part out. It looks like this was just not the final version of the document.
Totally Kafkaesque
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Is that also something that a paralegal might do?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:13 am
Ooops....
My wife does that all the time when she's writing briefs or other legal docs. Coming up with the exact, proper citation can take a lot of tedious time, and that's wasted time if you later edit that part out. It looks like this was just not the final version of the document.
Sure, but that is still a major fuck up to submit the wrong draft. Typically, briefs are written by associates, and reviewed by a partner. The partner probably but notes in for the associate, and they either missed it on the final, submitted the wrong draft, or sent in the document before it was completed. No matter what happened, it is the height of incompetence, especially in a very high profile case. That had to slip through numerous levels of proofreading and double checking.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:23 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:13 am
Ooops....
Sure, but that is still a major fuck up to submit the wrong draft. Typically, briefs are written by associates, and reviewed by a partner. The partner probably but notes in for the associate, and they either missed it on the final, submitted the wrong draft, or sent in the document before it was completed. No matter what happened, it is the height of incompetence, especially in a very high profile case. That had to slip through numerous levels of proofreading and double checking.
Absolutely. I wasn't excusing the mistakes, just explaining the likely origin. My wife is very anal about anything she submits. She would never submit an incomplete document. Hell, I've watched her spend 45 minutes on three-sentence emails.
Totally Kafkaesque
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Kobach's incompetence is truly mindboggling. and he'll be running for governor in November!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

And he'll probably win because Kansas.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

So I wanted the girl to say "you need to scissor it" a few times but otherwise this is good.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I hope someone takes a frame where it looks like the guy is holding the sign, and it becomes a meme and everyone assumes he is a protester holding the sign.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

So Trump is holding a rally next Thursday here in South Bend. Should I go? Big campaign rally for the winner of the Republican nomination on Tuesday.

Best thing is my co-worker is flying to Vegas that day...or he was supposed to. He called the airport to find out about his flight and they had no clue. It has been all over the news and twitter since it was announced.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:29 pm Looks like the GOP candidate for Manchin's Senate seat in West Virginia is likely going to be...wait for it...a guy who spent a year in federal prison after one of his coal mines exploded and killed 29 people.

Make America Great Again, indeed. It's like 1910 all up in this bitch!
Not so fast. There's this guy...

"Cocaine Mitch?!"
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Didn't his father in law's company get caught with a huge amount of cocaine on a ship recently? Probably referring to that, I'd have to imagine.

Not that it would make Blankenship any less deserving of getting burned alive in Papa John Stadium.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Also, that's the same guy who killed 29 people and spent a year in prison whining the whole time that he got a raw deal. This country sucks.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 pm Didn't his father in law's company get caught with a huge amount of cocaine on a ship recently? Probably referring to that, I'd have to imagine.

Not that it would make Blankenship any less deserving of getting burned alive in Papa John Stadium.
Sentiment is fine, but keep him in West Virginia.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Whoops. Not sure why I was thinking Kentucky - probably the McConnell references.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I couldn't finish this article. it made me too angry.

Trump Fans Unload on McCain

I'm not a huge fan of McCain (but his recent statements are amazing), still, when he was sitting in a Vietnamese prison in order to protect his fellow soldiers and his country, could he even for a second imagine that as he approaches the end of his days, mouth-breathing scumbags would dare to unload such bile on him?

These people are revolting.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Pruitt wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 pmwhen he was sitting in a Vietnamese prison in order to protect his fellow soldiers and his country, could he even for a second imagine that as he approaches the end of his days, mouth-breathing scumbags would dare to unload such bile on him?
Yes?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I’m quite fine with someone who dedicated a good portion of their life making a lot of lives worse going out miserable.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:39 pm I’m quite fine with someone who dedicated a good portion of their life making a lot of lives worse going out miserable.
Yeah, but I'm looking at the source of the hating here. Calling McCain a "democrat."

And you know, there is something crass about throwing hate on a guy who is dying. Just seems wrong.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Well, if it helps clean your conscience you could just picture all the people whose lives are ruined or are also dying due to those policies he sure does publicly struggle with on an ethical level before falling in line. Fuck him.