cerrano wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:49 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:45 pm
cerrano wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:35 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:30 pm
I’m not familiar with St. George gin. Will have to try some.

Lately we’ve been enjoying cocktails that feature gin and lemon. My wife takes Kirkland gin and infuses it with lots of lemon peel. (We have a lemon tree.) Nice!
"we have a lemon tree" is such a cool low-key west coast flex.
Damn, I wasted 8+ years not doing it.
don't worry. climate change will make this possible in upstate ny in about 5 years. 10 tops.
Downside: The street with busy traffic is farther away here than where we lived in LA.

Upside: By being in high school and not elementary, the schoolchildren passing by our house should still have adequate arm strength to get them into traffic.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: What?? Are you drinking?

Post by govmentchedda » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:02 pm

Yes. Yes, I am.

Deluge tonight in the greater Asheville area. Friends got their rental car flooded near Biltmore Village. Hillman brewery, near there has very good beer and almost great food. Is "almost great" above "very good"? Cause that's what I meant.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:24 am

“Almost great” would imply to me very good but with an identifiable reason it’s not great.
rass wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 am
I'm definitely known as "the boy who cried penis" in town.

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:33 pm

I suppose this identifiable reason was that it was bar food. Really, really good bar food.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:49 pm

govmentchedda wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:33 pm
I suppose this identifiable reason was that it was bar food. Really, really good bar food.
Jealous that you're in AVL. We don't feel comfortable traveling. Looks like I'm gonna miss my nephew's wedding in October, but I just can't justify plane travel at this point. Especially since there will be several elderly people there including my mother I assume and I don't want to contemplate being responsible for getting my 70-year-old mother who has been a smoker for 55 years sick.

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:40 am

We're lucky enough to be able to drive. We did it in two stops this trip and made great time.