The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by Steve of phpBB »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:24 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 pm Hypothetically speaking, I may be spending two days in Golden Colorado next week. Any recommendations of what paraphernalia and form of cannabis I should buy to bring back to Utah for me and my wife? She can't drink much anymore due to certain medications, so I thought we'd branch out into pot. And I've always been too scared of getting arrested to buy it illegally. (But I'm fine transporting it across state lines.)
If you go the edibles route I'd recommend the Wana brand of gummies. Like Brian said they come in 10mg pieces and are very consistent. (In the early days of legalization, the THC was sprayed on to the candy, which lead to varied results. Now it's actually part of the formula.) I cut them in half as 5mg is fine for me for a few hours. They're about $25/bottle for 10 gummies.
Done. Now to transport them across state lines.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Only high muthafuckers drive 55.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Baseball coach to recruit: Colorado players 'have had trouble passing our drug test'

That seems like a bit of an overreaction, but if the program has actually had issues I guess maybe understandable. Except the coach's email to the kid was a bit batshit:
Thanks for the interest in our program. Unfortunately, we are not recruiting players from the state of Colorado. In the past, players have had trouble passing our drug test. We have made a decision to not take a chance on student-athletes from your state. You can thank your liberal politicians. Best of luck wherever you decide to play.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:05 am Baseball coach to recruit: Colorado players 'have had trouble passing our drug test'

That seems like a bit of an overreaction, but if the program has actually had issues I guess maybe understandable. Except the coach's email to the kid was a bit batshit:
Thanks for the interest in our program. Unfortunately, we are not recruiting players from the state of Colorado. In the past, players have had trouble passing our drug test. We have made a decision to not take a chance on student-athletes from your state. You can thank your liberal politicians. Best of luck wherever you decide to play.
What an asshole.

And, perhaps ironically, outside of Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins, it is a pretty conservative state. Colorado Springs is probably more conservative than the vast majority of cities its size.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

My favorite dispensary here in town is doing a March Madness bracket and first prize is an ounce of weed a week for a year. Yes, 3.25 pounds of weed.

So if I win it, I'm going to basically end up becoming a drug dealer since there's no universe where I could consume that much.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

brian wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:15 pm My favorite dispensary here in town is doing a March Madness bracket and first prize is an ounce of weed a week for a year. Yes, 3.25 pounds of weed.

So if I win it, I'm going to basically end up becoming a drug dealer since there's no universe where I could consume that much.
I’d ask for a store credit. You’d be set for a looong while.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Upon further review, that's the prize if you get a PERFECT bracket. Shit, they might as well offer a billion ounces of weed if you pick a perfect bracket. Fuck that.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

brian wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:06 pm Upon further review, that's the prize if you get a PERFECT bracket. Shit, they might as well offer a billion ounces of weed if you pick a perfect bracket. Fuck that.
They must be high.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I imagine this take will find some friends here, but:

Why Parenting (A Little) Stoned Isn't So Bad After All
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:17 pm I imagine this take will find some friends here, but:
That's a helpful take for a guy like me.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

This man will find no argument from me. I am always the first to volunteer to go pick up dinner after being dad for a few hours after work or ALL day on a weekend. I’m always a little more laid back when I return.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Yup
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, I forward the link to my wife in an email, hoping for a discreet conversation. She opens it up and hoots to my daughter to check out the email her father sent. My wife is not cool with the idea. Jeebus.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:17 pm I imagine this take will find some friends here, but:

I'd completely back that article, not that I have ever been stoned in front of my kids. My consumption is one gummy bear since my kids were born, but I support this idea. I'd feel wrong being high in front of my kids for sure, even just a little, but I do think taking the edge off a bit without being toasted would make me, and probably almost everyone, a better parent. A little more patience, a little less stressed and hurried, and I think it would make it easier to slip into the world of a child and be better at playing with them.

I'll tell you what is not conducive to parenting is Adderall. I had no patience when I was on it, and I'd start raging yelling at them before I even felt the urge to yell. It was crazy, sometimes I never even felt annoyed but would be yelling at them to stop bickering or whatever.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Do you drink in front of (because of) the kids?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:47 pm Do you drink in front of (because of) the kids?
Very rarely, and never more than one or two drinks. I get your point, and I concede cognitive dissonance here. While I don't use marijuana, I fully support the idea that it's no worse than alcohol. Actually, I think alcohol is worse than marijuana, but I still can't shake the programming of the stigma. I smoked a lot of pot in college and high school, and even a few years beyond, but I can't shake the feeling that it's a crime, while drinking isn't.

My kids know I love beer and I don't hide that at all. My inlaws get me a bottle of scotch every Christmas, and the kids see that, too. They've even seen me brewing beer. I would feel really weird if the kids saw me with marijuana.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Uncle Phil is going to legalize and normalize it, don't worry. By the time they're in HS pot will be lame.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Legal or not, there is somewhat of a societal intolerance of weed (even here in California). I drink in front of my daughter every evening. But it will be quite a big deal someday when I get stoned in front of her. I’m working toward it and she is getting older, but I dunno, not any time soon. The wife loves her wine but is no fan of pot or me openly enjoying it.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I think acceptance depends a lot on age. When the 20s become 30s and 40s there will be a lot less stigma. As for the parenting... In no way good but not all that bad either. Does lend oneself to selfish dad behavior (ie staring out the window listening to music instead of a neverending focus on their mental and physical development) but a far cry from ordinary selfish dad behavior like say leaving the house to hang with your girlfriend. Stoned dad is way better than stepdad... So if the ganja keeps you sane and present so be it.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm Uncle Phil is going to legalize and normalize it, don't worry. By the time they're in HS pot will be lame.
He is on a mission, just wondering how much pushback he will get. The town Facebook forum has debated whether they would want a dispensary in town, and quite a few people freaked out over having drug abusers milling around Springfield Ave. Of course, they are fine with the liquor stores, CVS and Walgreens, but even a medical dispensary had some people freaking out. If we had a dispensary, I think the only difference in town would be that the cupcake place wouldn't have gone out of business. Maybe a Taco Bell moves in, but these Chicken Littles are freaked out about roving gangs of pot-addled addicts milling around and subject our children to...I don't even know what they are afraid of. Fuck it, if it brings municipal tax dollars, I'm all for it.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:29 pm I don't even know what they are afraid of.
Groovy jams?

My wife's hometown is having a big toodoo over having a grow operation in town. Of course, the dude leading the fight against it will suck back 30 Kers Lights in his shop and then drive his truck into town, but hell if that devil weed brings good revenue into MY town!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I think there’s a difference between catching a buzz and getting stoned. I’ve never been stupid, wasted, giggling uncontrollably high in front of my kids. I don’t even remember the last time I was that stoned. There’s a weed equivalent of two drinks. I take a puff or two of the vape and I feel like some of my daily stress is lifted a bit. Not enough to get me stoned, just enough to let me not feel like there’s a million things on my mind and a weight on my chest.

No different from what I was told Prozac would do for me (but didn’t).
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

i found a guy who sold me a vape pen and i loved it...was able to spend a week with no opiates. umfortunately i havent been able to find a replacement. indica vape had no odor and gave me blissful sleep at night. i hope they legalize in Texas soon because it would literally change my life
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:15 am I think there’s a difference between catching a buzz and getting stoned. I’ve never been stupid, wasted, giggling uncontrollably high in front of my kids. I don’t even remember the last time I was that stoned. There’s a weed equivalent of two drinks. I take a puff or two of the vape and I feel like some of my daily stress is lifted a bit. Not enough to get me stoned, just enough to let me not feel like there’s a million things on my mind and a weight on my chest.

100% agree. In case I came off as judging, I don't see anything wrong with what you described. I could see it improving my time with my kids, letting the stress go a bit. I never hide my drinking from my kids, I think it's good for them to see adults treat alcohol has a normal adult beverage, and not as a secret vice or means for getting wasted. They have seen one of their friends' fathers extremely wasted at a couple of events, including a party at my house, so it's a good counter balance to see me drink one with dinner now and then.

I've been reading a lot about the use of microdosing psilocybin to treat depression, and I think this could be a much better treatment than anti-depressants. Not sure I could sell my wife on the idea of joining an experiment to try it out, but I'm really tempted. The research on curing soldiers with PTSD is really phenomenal. The doses are low enough that it doesn't have any symptoms like hallucinations, but it opens different neural pathways, and allows patients to form mental connections absent of the fears. Fascinating stuff.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

You didn’t come off as judging.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

TT2.0 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:43 am i found a guy who sold me a vape pen and i loved it...was able to spend a week with no opiates. umfortunately i havent been able to find a replacement. indica vape had no odor and gave me blissful sleep at night. i hope they legalize in Texas soon because it would literally change my life
Are all your opiates legal?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:36 pm
bfj wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:15 am I think there’s a difference between catching a buzz and getting stoned. I’ve never been stupid, wasted, giggling uncontrollably high in front of my kids. I don’t even remember the last time I was that stoned. There’s a weed equivalent of two drinks. I take a puff or two of the vape and I feel like some of my daily stress is lifted a bit. Not enough to get me stoned, just enough to let me not feel like there’s a million things on my mind and a weight on my chest.

100% agree. In case I came off as judging, I don't see anything wrong with what you described. I could see it improving my time with my kids, letting the stress go a bit. I never hide my drinking from my kids, I think it's good for them to see adults treat alcohol has a normal adult beverage, and not as a secret vice or means for getting wasted. They have seen one of their friends' fathers extremely wasted at a couple of events, including a party at my house, so it's a good counter balance to see me drink one with dinner now and then.

I've been reading a lot about the use of microdosing psilocybin to treat depression, and I think this could be a much better treatment than anti-depressants. Not sure I could sell my wife on the idea of joining an experiment to try it out, but I'm really tempted. The research on curing soldiers with PTSD is really phenomenal. The doses are low enough that it doesn't have any symptoms like hallucinations, but it opens different neural pathways, and allows patients to form mental connections absent of the fears. Fascinating stuff.
My wife says she's waiting until the kids are out of the house for the psilos, 14 years. Not sure I want to wait that long.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Boarding school?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

bfj wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:59 pmBoarding school?
After this eleven hour delay flying home with them, it's becoming more and more likely.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:56 pm

My wife says she's waiting until the kids are out of the house for the psilos, 14 years. Not sure I want to wait that long.
What time does the school bus pick them up?
-Pruitt
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

mister d wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:02 pm
TT2.0 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:43 am i found a guy who sold me a vape pen and i loved it...was able to spend a week with no opiates. umfortunately i havent been able to find a replacement. indica vape had no odor and gave me blissful sleep at night. i hope they legalize in Texas soon because it would literally change my life
what if none of them are?
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

TT2.0 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:43 pm
mister d wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:02 pm
what if none of them are?
do you mean legal as in prescribed to me or legal as in pills not heroin?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I hunk he’s saying if you’re getting your opiates illicitly hen what’s the difference in just getting pot illicitly. But if they are scripts then I guess not.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:15 am I hunk he’s saying if you’re getting your opiates illicitly hen what’s the difference in just getting pot illicitly. But if they are scripts then I guess not.
Yeah, that's what he was saying I'm pretty sure. I have to imagine even illegally procured pot has to be 10x less expensive than opiates purchased illegally, but I admit I have no idea.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I get a kick out of sitting here at a resource fair with my laptop out and my drug paraphernalia plugged into the USB port charging.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

bfj wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 am Tasty stuff and it works!

https://weedmaps.com/brands/feathr-vape ... -cartridge

So, a couple ignorant questions - I think I'm convinced that a sativa vape pen is the way to go for me. But I've never used one. So, do you guys go for disposables or not? If not, what do I need to buy at the dispensary besides the cartridge? Pros/Cons? What kinds of questions should I ask the server? It looks like I'll be joining my buddy on our first ever trek to a dispensary this Wednesday.