Re: The Pot Thread

Post by sancarlos »

I laughed.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Charging three vaporizers right now (1 flower, 2 oil), which could be evidence of a problem. (The new oil vape BFJ recommended came and it's beautiful today, so gonna smoke some flower out by the pool later after I clean the flower vape).
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

(Also, good call on that vape by the way. Can already tell the difference from my old one.)
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

And yes, I’m waking and baking today which I almost never do but damn it I earned it this week.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

bfj wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 am https://www.thekindpen.com/product/slim ... tion-gold/

I have two of these and they’ve been great.
Mine came today. However, when I plug it in to charge it blinks a few times and then the charger turns green. does that mean it was charged at the factory?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 am
bfj wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 am https://www.thekindpen.com/product/slim ... tion-gold/

Mine came today. However, when I plug it in to charge it blinks a few times and then the charger turns green. does that mean it was charged at the factory?
Correct. Should be ready to use. I had to remember to turn it on first though (click the button five times)
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:13 am

Correct. Should be ready to use. I had to remember to turn it on first though (click the button five times)
Cool cool cool. Got a few things to do but will give it a try later.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Five on five off
Twice to prime or preheat it (will change colors)
Three clicks to change levels. Green (lowest) to blue to red (highest).
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

If I remember correctly, you could let it charge a bit before use, but it does come with some charge to it already.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

brian wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:30 am (Also, good call on that vape by the way. Can already tell the difference from my old one.)
Glad to be of service. Enjoy your day.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

So got my pen on Saturday, wondering if I can buy a cartridge to use with it or do I need a syringe to fill (I have a lot more selection of cartridges.)
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Rush2112 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:25 pm So got my pen on Saturday, wondering if I can buy a cartridge to use with it or do I need a syringe to fill (I have a lot more selection of cartridges.)
My cartridge fit perfect.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Yeah, it just takes a 510-thread cartridge, which is mostly industry standard. You can either fill the cart that came with it if you make your own oil or know someone who does or unscrew the "default" cart and screw on a store-bought 510-threaded cart.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

So they're somewhat universal?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Rush2112 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:43 pm So they're somewhat universal?
Yeah, there are some different types, but those are almost all specific to a particular company who makes the cartridges. The 510-thread carts for this pen probably make up about 80-90 percent of the carts sold in a typical dispensary.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Miss my pen. Just don't feel comfortable with bootleg.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

brian wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:45 pm
Rush2112 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:43 pm So they're somewhat universal?
Yeah, there are some different types, but those are almost all specific to a particular company who makes the cartridges. The 510-thread carts for this pen probably make up about 80-90 percent of the carts sold in a typical dispensary.
Went and got 3 different cartridges (on sale!) and all fit.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So this is my life but pretty much whenever it is inconvenient shit happens. I used the new pen around lunch today. And I was feeling good. Then I get. Call that my oldest has a flat tire. Fuck. Of course I go help but it felt like It took forever to get five miles away. And it cost me 150 because somehow the sidewall got ducked.

But I did get to show her how to change a tire which I hope she never has to do. She felt bad. But I do think she hit a curb for no reason which caused the flat.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Lol. What could go wrong?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:48 pm So this is my life but pretty much whenever it is inconvenient shit happens. I used the new pen around lunch today. And I was feeling good. Then I get. Call that my oldest has a flat tire. Fuck. Of course I go help but it felt like It took forever to get five miles away. And it cost me 150 because somehow the sidewall got ducked.

But I did get to show her how to change a tire which I hope she never has to do. She felt bad. But I do think she hit a curb for no reason which caused the flat.
Maybe she was stoned too?

All joking aside, I think it's crucial to teach young drivers how to change a tire. I'm shocked at how many people can't. My father had me rotate his tires when I was 14 or 15 to make sure I knew how, and I've had to change friends tires so many times through college and law school because they didn't know how. Just remembered having to change a tire stoned out of my mind in my BU days leaving Walden Pond. Floating in the lake, baked, on a very hot day and it started raining out of nowhere while remaining sunny. It was glorious.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 am
A_B wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:48 pm So this is my life but pretty much whenever it is inconvenient shit happens. I used the new pen around lunch today. And I was feeling good. Then I get. Call that my oldest has a flat tire. Fuck. Of course I go help but it felt like It took forever to get five miles away. And it cost me 150 because somehow the sidewall got ducked.

All joking aside, I think it's crucial to teach young drivers how to change a tire. I'm shocked at how many people can't. My father had me rotate his tires when I was 14 or 15 to make sure I knew how, and I've had to change friends tires so many times through college and law school because they didn't know how. Just remembered having to change a tire stoned out of my mind in my BU days leaving Walden Pond. Floating in the lake, baked, on a very hot day and it started raining out of nowhere while remaining sunny. It was glorious.

Totally agree. Can we add how to use jumper cables, how to add oil,and how to check tire pressure to that list?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:45 am
The Sybian wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:30 am

Totally agree. Can we add how to use jumper cables, how to add oil,and how to check tire pressure to that list?
Fuck yes. I always have jumper cables in my car, and can't tell you how often someone needs a jump and nobody has cables, or they don't know how to use them. It could not be any simpler. My MiL used to get us AAA memberships for Christmas, and I kept telling her I was never going to use them, and she can't fathom that someone would change their own tire. Then again, my FiL can't change a lightbulb... She finally stopped when we both got cars that come with free roadside assistance.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Changed my own tire at night on 78 east (right before the 24 split) and then got home to realize USAA has roadside included. That was fun.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:07 pm Changed my own tire at night on 78 east (right before the 24 split) and then got home to realize USAA has roadside included. That was fun.
I had my engine seize up on 78 just past the 24 split during rush hour. Died in the middle lane. Tried to use my 10 mph momentum to turn two lanes with no power steering and cars whizzing past me at 85 mph horns blaring. I made it to the shoulder and it took over 90 minutes for a tow truck to get to me, so probably better to just change it yourself. I had a hole in the oil line, leaked until it was empty.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:07 pm Changed my own tire at night on 78 east (right before the 24 split) and then got home to realize USAA has roadside included. That was fun.
Yeah...the roadside assistance thing is worthless usually. We have AAA and when we got a flat tire a few months back, we called them and were told 'Well, it maybe 3 hours before we get anyone there' (this was a movie theater parking lot, not on some back road somewhere). I just went ahead and changed it myself.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A couple of months ago I had the emergency brake hardware in one of the rear wheels blow up/out shortly after having a wheel bearing replaced. At the time it happened, I had no idea what was going on and just slowly tried to make my way home. Stopped at a shop up the street so they could just confirm something was fucked up, then drove home. Called AAA the next morning to get it taken back to the original mechanic (near where I work) and they had a flat-bed there in like 10 minutes. Yay AAA!

Anyway, I don't trust my car anymore and any little bump or shudder or squeak makes me flinch. Boo!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Harshing my buzz dudes.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Deacon Blues then Peg, and a one hitter putting in extra work.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So I Have been testing the new pens voltage levels. I hit a couple of puffs on lowest and got a little buzz. Then golfed and pumped it up to the second level and felt good but sucked at golf which may be related then yesterday put it at highest level and took a righteous rip and in swear I might still be feeling it.

I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

My tolerance is high enough I’m a straight red.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:15 pm My tolerance is high enough I’m a straight red.
Well TIL i was on medium setting. what a noob.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

The color doesn’t make the THC level higher it just burns it faster making for a bigger hit and using it up quicker. Have I been doing this wrong?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

bfj wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:34 pm The color doesn’t make the THC level higher it just burns it faster making for a bigger hit and using it up quicker. Have I been doing this wrong?
no that's how i understand it. but i took a huge rip and actually thought blue was highest level
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

bfj wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:34 pm The color doesn’t make the THC level higher it just burns it faster making for a bigger hit and using it up quicker. Have I been doing this wrong?
Wouldn’t a bigger hit that uses more oil mean more THC? If the average vape has say like 750 mg of THC (the one I’m holding and getting ready to reload has 867 mg according to the state mandated testing and packaging in NV) then if it took 100 hits (I know it’s more) to empty a vape you’d get 7.5 mg per hit. If it took 200 you’d get 3.75 mg and so on.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I don’t know 100 percent for sure myself, but that’s been my understanding.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I was told there would be no math.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

brian wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:07 pm
Wouldn’t a bigger hit that uses more oil mean more THC? If the average vape has say like 750 mg of THC (the one I’m holding and getting ready to reload has 867 mg according to the state mandated testing and packaging in NV) then if it took 100 hits (I know it’s more) to empty a vape you’d get 7.5 mg per hit. If it took 200 you’d get 3.75 mg and so on.
I know that when I smoked flower in California last year I was very inexperienced and smoked a joint with a buddy like a cigar. It was something like 200+mg in whole. I didn’t know what planet I was on and had a full bore freak out for a full 30 min or so.

Slept like a rock tho.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I almost had a The Dude dropped his roach moment leaving the golf course last night.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So I wasn’t clear. Yes I think the bigger hit you take it’s obviously going to contain more thc. But I thought I got stoned to the bejeeeus on the highest level and it turns out I was still on middle. So had I taken same hit on red level I’d still be high.

I’ve never had a variable voltage pen before.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The oil vapes are nice for convenience but there’s nothing like sitting outside on a nice day smoking some flower.