The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by govmentchedda »

First rule. Take it slowly. Second rule, seriously, take it slowly. There are recipes online where you make pot butter or pot oil and use that in your recipe. I've tried a few times and haven't been very good at it.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

travzilla wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:57 pm My nearest government run cannabis retailer is an hour away, but in a town I go to pretty frequently. My wife and I aren't really pot smokers, but we could definitely be pot eaters.
Since we're probably a year or two away from edibles being sold at the cannabis stores, what are the best pot baking recipes? Do you literally just sprinkle some weed into a normal brownie or cookie recipe or is there more to it than that?
I hear you have to kick pots ass or become pots bitch on first day.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

travzilla wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:57 pm My nearest government run cannabis retailer is an hour away, but in a town I go to pretty frequently. My wife and I aren't really pot smokers, but we could definitely be pot eaters.
Since we're probably a year or two away from edibles being sold at the cannabis stores, what are the best pot baking recipes? Do you literally just sprinkle some weed into a normal brownie or cookie recipe or is there more to it than that?
THC is soluble in oil. If you're going to cook with it, you’ll extract more THC if you put your weed in with the oil before you make your food. For example, if making pot brownies, gently heat your vegetable oil/butter and then add your weed. Let it warm up together for a few minutes before adding the oil to your brownie mix.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

There's also a pre-bake thing of just the weed that you're supposed to do prior to even that.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Side benefit of my daughter going to school in Denver...

So, the last time we were there, we tried some edibles after doing a little research. The problem is that when the woman helping us asked what we were looking for, we leaned to heavily into the "something for my wife's back pain." So, we got some stuff that basically just knocked us out (sativa-indica hybrid, but clearly the indica aspect kicked our ass.)

This last time, I went in and really stressed we wanted something that was higher energy.

Got some truffle brownie deals and HOO BOY. Made for an interesting and fun night.*

I know a lot of you guys are pretty experienced in all of this, my wife and I haven't really dealt with the stuff since college. We were both nervous about taking too much. But this time, after we took a half-dose and waited a full hour, we felt it a little, but could tell it wasn't going to kick our ass. So we just finished (10mg). It was perfect.

But a question. So, since a half dose (5mg) didn't kick our butt, are we good to just eat the full dose right up front next time? Anyone with that type of experience that went south? Like, would it hit us much harder to take the full 10mg upfront?

* - We were supposed to go to the DU hockey game, but our daughter got invited out on a date to some themed party, so we bailed on the game and watched a movie. We wouldn't have eaten the edible if plans had gone another way, but once she was out for the night... Yahtzee.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

It's all still experimentation for me wrt edibles, but what I'd tell you is to not do the whole 10 mg at first. What I'd actually do is a different story.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Everyone is different of course, but I think 10mg is a pretty safe amount for a normal-sized person to take all at once. I've been around a bunch of people taking edibles for the first time and that definitely seems to be the sweet spot. Some people don't feel very much taking less and taking more...well, if you're not used to it, can definitely fuck you up.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:47 pm Everyone is different of course, but I think 10mg is a pretty safe amount for a normal-sized person to take all at once. I've been around a bunch of people taking edibles for the first time and that definitely seems to be the sweet spot. Some people don't feel very much taking less and taking more...well, if you're not used to it, can definitely fuck you up.
Yeah, like I said, we have been (maybe overly-) cautious. We also kind of fucked up last time and drank too much before trying stuff out. On Saturday we were just much better about not day drinking (which we don't do much, but on a trip we'll often start with some beers over a late lunch and then just kind of keep rolling... That shit doesn't work for us when we had edibles last month.)

She's also just more timid on this stuff than I am. I'd probably just take the full 10mg, but I don't want to be out of sync with her, so I just did half with her. It wound up working out, so I think next time we'll take half and then just not wait a full hour to take the rest.

We were just really psyched to have a good reaction. It's not like last time was bad, per se, but it was a bummer to wake up the next morning and be all "well, that night ended a little abruptly, huh?" :D
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

So California is neat and probably way too much for the non-smoker like myself.

Whatever I smoked on Sunday night sent me into fucking orbit for about 15 minutes.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

My sister just got her medical card here in CO.

She had something in her vape the other night that got me so high it gave me a headache.

Also got 20 grams for 30 bucks when she signed her plants over to the dispensary.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Rush2112 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:42 pm My sister just got her medical card here in CO.

She had something in her vape the other night that got me so high it gave me a headache.

Also got 20 grams for 30 bucks when she signed her plants over to the dispensary.
Dumb question, but why does it matter? Can you get much stronger stuff with a med card?

/rube
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:44 pm
Rush2112 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:42 pm My sister just got her medical card here in CO.

Dumb question, but why does it matter? Can you get much stronger stuff with a med card?

/rube
In some states, yes. Though in Nevada it only applies to how much you can buy at one time (with a med card you can get an ounce a day (or the equivalent in mgs for vapes and edibles) I think. Without, it's something like two ounces a week? More than I've ever need anyway.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

My boss is the poster child the cannabis industry wants. 58 years old, straight as a pin who is trying out CBD/THC on her severely autistic son and having very positive results in regards to his behavior and anxiety. She knows nothing about weed, but is educating herself. The people who run the dispensaries and grow houses LOVE her. She has a caregiver card and can buy an ounce/week of flowers and a similar amount in concentrate. There are no edibles in MD, yet.

We (the place where I work) are starting to develop relationships with local dispensaries and they are in turn sponsoring events and wanting to get involved with us since we’re the biggest autism resource in MD. Two different dispensaries have bought tables at our upcoming gala this weekend where we hope to raise over 200k.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Half of the NHL (15 of 31 teams) is now played in cities where recreational weed is legal or soon will be (all of the Pacific Division except Arizona is represented):

Toronto
Boston
Montreal
Ottawa
Detroit
Washington
Winnipeg
Colorado
San Jose
Calgary
Vancouver
Anaheim
Edmonton
Vegas
LA Kings
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Devils soon too.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

REEFER!

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Watching the old white crowd flip out like this reminds me of my mom in so many ways. From her perspective there was a boogie man everywhere at all times. Like an opposite Santa.

Being an adult with the cognition to root out bullshit, this type of behavior warms my heart.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I was in that guy's jurisdiction yesterday with a sore foot and a family that wanted to spend the day walking around Legoland. I can report that I'm not addicted to meth...yet.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

So I recently went to Massachusetts newly legalized establishments and the guy told me about shatter. Could only concieve of something like the above.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Yeah I don't really know anyone who dabs even though it seems to be getting more and more popular. I basically just don't need to get that high so flower, vapes and edibles are fine for me. But I've seen some dab rigs that don't look too far off from what I've seen on TV that preparing heroin looks like.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

brian wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:45 pm Yeah I don't really know anyone who dabs even though it seems to be getting more and more popular. I basically just don't need to get that high so flower, vapes and edibles are fine for me. But I've seen some dab rigs that don't look too far off from what I've seen on TV that preparing heroin looks like.
I tried it a while back and it reminded me of doing knife hits with hash. Heat up a piece, smash it and inhale the smoke. The piece looked like a glass bong. Crushed me.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Heh.

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Large Grow-Op in B.C. Goes Up In Flames
"When we arrived on scene, the building was fully engulfed," said Squamish Fire Chief Bill Stoner.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Awesome!

I feel like I've mentioned this, but we have a friend we met through Harper's school whose mother is suffering from cancer and other ailments. When we went to Colorado last year, she asked if we wouldn't mind bringing her back some edibles to try because she could keep nothing down and she had no appetite. Turns out they work wonders for her. So I brought some back from my trip in December to California and then some back for her from Nevada in February. The ones I got in Nevada have worked the best and they messaged me this morning that she is like a completely different person. She cuts the gummies into quarters and they work for her. It's so fucking infuriating she can't just go down the street and pick some up on her own.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I was fixing my vape and had to test to make sure I fixed it right by taking a quick hit and I'm a little disturbed at how even that tiny hit is making work more bearable than usual. One of my lines is no weed (or booze) until late in the work day. (Not judging if some of you roll differently, but that's one of the deals I make with myself).
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Same out of fear of that slippery slope. Only exceptions I make are for major sporting events.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

I find it remarkably easy to renig on drug deals i make with myself. you call it a slippery slope, i call it a fun amusement park slide.
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 am I was fixing my vape and had to test to make sure I fixed it right by taking a quick hit and I'm a little disturbed at how even that tiny hit is making work more bearable than usual. One of my lines is no weed (or booze) until late in the work day. (Not judging if some of you roll differently, but that's one of the deals I make with myself).
Straight up makes me more productive and can focus better. Pens are amazing.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 am
brian wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 am I was fixing my vape and had to test to make sure I fixed it right by taking a quick hit and I'm a little disturbed at how even that tiny hit is making work more bearable than usual. One of my lines is no weed (or booze) until late in the work day. (Not judging if some of you roll differently, but that's one of the deals I make with myself).
Straight up makes me more productive and can focus better. Pens are amazing.
I don't like having to talk to customers or my bosses if I'm high. Standard paranoia I guess, but I will admit that it's easier to concentrate on work.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The DoD using scare tactics on us now that CBD stuff is legal.

Defense Department warns troops about risks of using CBD products

OMG! THC might still be present and is you use CBD oil you could pop positive on a piss test! Just like if you eat hemp protein! Good luck and don't lose your career.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

let’s say you were going to be in Boston this weekend and driving back without tsa issues coming back. Would visiting a dispensary be advisable?? Asking for a friend. I really knownshit about all this.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:06 pm let’s say you were going to be in Boston this weekend and driving back without tsa issues coming back. Would visiting a dispensary be advisable?? Asking for a friend. I really knownshit about all this.
You should be fine. We’re not the kind of guys who get pulled over for random searches.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm
A_B wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:06 pm let’s say you were going to be in Boston this weekend and driving back without tsa issues coming back. Would visiting a dispensary be advisable?? Asking for a friend. I really knownshit about all this.
You should be fine. We’re not the kind of guys who get pulled over for random searches.
A fair point.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Fuck and yes
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

At this point in this country if you’re white even if they found it somehow it’s just gonna be confiscated with no consequences anyway. You could probably get pulled over for speeding in Ohio and tell the cops you have pot and they won’t give a fuck.