Return of Confessions

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Return of Confessions

Post by brian »

brian wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am Apropos of (almost) nothing, I'm in the office in Saint Louis this week and there's a co-worker here that I think looks like someone and it's been bugging me for literally a couple of years and I just figured out this week it's because she looks like Giff's wife.
Honestly, what's more distracting is that the temp we hired looks exactly like one of the Hanson brothers even down to the long hair and hornrim glasses, but I don't have the balls to ask him if he's actually trying to cultivate that look.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

brian wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:01 pm
brian wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am Apropos of (almost) nothing, I'm in the office in Saint Louis this week and there's a co-worker here that I think looks like someone and it's been bugging me for literally a couple of years and I just figured out this week it's because she looks like Giff's wife.
Honestly, what's more distracting is that the temp we hired looks exactly like one of the Hanson brothers even down to the long hair and hornrim glasses, but I don't have the balls to ask him if he's actually trying to cultivate that look.
[+] spoiler
And yes, I know you weren't referring to these young men.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Check out his desk. Is it filled with toys? Or you could casually ask what type of hockey he enjoys.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Check out his desk. Is it filled with toys? Or you could casually ask what type of hockey he enjoys.
He's a pretty quiet, chill guy so I think it's just a coincidence/how he looks. He actually played on the golf team at South Carolina.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:29 pm
Rush2112 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:15 pm

He's a pretty quiet, chill guy so I think it's just a coincidence/how he looks. He actually played on the golf team at South Carolina.
If he starts wrapping his knuckles in tinfoil, run.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Let’s just say if it was my pick in the album draft in 30 minutes or so, I’d choose the following:

well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I will say one thing in defense of that horrible band. "Afternoon Delight" was the soundtrack to my loss of virginity, many many many moons ago.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Well, I got laid this afternoon as well.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I know this shit ain’t for the vast majority of people and I get it. But if you’re thinking about it, DO IT. I can’t recommend it enough. Watching a guy treating your wife as sexy as you do is one of the most amazing things you’ll experience.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I'd much rather have a guy come over to my house and fix some shit, clean the house, clean out the attic and kids' closets, etc.
Totally Kafkaesque
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Shirley wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:21 pm I'd much rather have a guy come over to my house and fix some shit, clean the house, clean out the attic and kids' closets, etc.
My wife would too
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Since I have no one else to share with, I thought I'd type an update for my own cathartic reasons. The guy we met first, we met three times. All were awesome. Then in the middle of the day the day after the last time, he completely ghosted us. It's weird. I mean, it went from a text saying he wished he was in her car with her to her sending him a snapchat that to this day he hasn't read. We really think he might be dead. So a literal ghosting.

She was upset about this which was the not good part I alluded to in another thread. However, several weeks later, we met up with another guy that was not nearly as fun as the first guy, but we've chatted with a couple others and that is fun enough in an of itself. It's honestly been interesting to see what different people are out there for different reasons. I'm sure we'll meet with someone again (probably the 23 year-old Aggie cause the wife deserves a boytoy), but if we don't it's fine.

This morning, my wife told me I could have a girl toy if I wanted one. I said I'm not interested, but asked why she said that. It was basically because it's only fair and there are things I might want to do that my wife's not into and might not ever be into (i.e. butt stuff). My initial reaction was that it's not a thing I've wanted at all. This is more for her pleasure and quite honestly, at 41, I don't really have the energy for more than one girl.

After that, I get a message from a girl I've known for years from the Rockets message board I've been a member of forever. We haven't hung out since 2015 playoffs and she wanted to make sure we catch a game or two these playoffs, and she's happy to travel to the burbs carrying a bowl with my name on it. Fast forward 45 minutes and now we're having drinks tonight.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Plot twist!
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Good luck storming the Toyota Center.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

(Jimmy Harden joke)
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:52 am Since I have no one else to share with, I thought I'd type an update for my own cathartic reasons. The guy we met first, we met three times. All were awesome. Then in the middle of the day the day after the last time, he completely ghosted us. It's weird. I mean, it went from a text saying he wished he was in her car with her to her sending him a snapchat that to this day he hasn't read. We really think he might be dead. So a literal ghosting.

She was upset about this which was the not good part I alluded to in another thread. However, several weeks later, we met up with another guy that was not nearly as fun as the first guy, but we've chatted with a couple others and that is fun enough in an of itself. It's honestly been interesting to see what different people are out there for different reasons. I'm sure we'll meet with someone again (probably the 23 year-old Aggie cause the wife deserves a boytoy), but if we don't it's fine.

Ugh, it sounds just like the worst parts of dating all over again, and who has time for that shit? Sounds horrible. Any chance the first guy freaked out and didn't want to get in the middle, got into a serious relationship or was in a relationship and got caught? Eh, you'll probably never know.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 pm
Giff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:52 am Since I have no one else to share with, I thought I'd type an update for my own cathartic reasons. The guy we met first, we met three times. All were awesome. Then in the middle of the day the day after the last time, he completely ghosted us. It's weird. I mean, it went from a text saying he wished he was in her car with her to her sending him a snapchat that to this day he hasn't read. We really think he might be dead. So a literal ghosting.

Ugh, it sounds just like the worst parts of dating all over again, and who has time for that shit? Sounds horrible. Any chance the first guy freaked out and didn't want to get in the middle, got into a serious relationship or was in a relationship and got caught? Eh, you'll probably never know.
Yeah, that part sucked. We really don't know what happened, but overall it's actually all a lot of fun. We've gotten to know some people even if it didn't end up in us meeting. Shit, one of the guys told me his favorite band was Lucero and while the wife had no interest, we'll probably grab a beer next time they're in town.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Yeah, that part sucked. We really don't know what happened, but overall it's actually all a lot of fun. We've gotten to know some people even if it didn't end up in us meeting. Shit, one of the guys told me his favorite band was Lucero and while the wife had no interest, we'll probably grab a beer next time they're in town.
Brian just wants to get you to himself.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That bolded part was my guess as well.
Totally Kafkaesque
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Shirley wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Yeah, we've thought that too. It does show consideralbe restraint to not even peek at a snap though.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Yeah, we've thought that too. It does show consideralbe restraint to not even peek at a snap though.
Unless your wife made you delete the app from your phone.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:56 pm
Giff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Unless your wife made you delete the app from your phone.
And then you go to work and reinstall the app.

Seriously, the timing was weird. The day after the last time, he was across the street from my office in a training. At 11:00am, she came to get me for lunch and sent him a text saying she was across the street. He responded saying "I wish I could slip out of this meeting and slip something in you." She sent him a snap 30 minutes later that's never been read and we haven't heard from him again.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:06 pm She sent him a snap 30 minutes later that's never been read and we haven't heard from him again.
Obviously we need to see the picture for context here.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I gotta admit my sexting game is pretty bad. Most times I type something out I think it's dumb/cheesy as shit and never hit send.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

You mean the panties your mother laid out for you.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I have never booked my own plane ticket.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

A_B wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:52 pm I have never booked my own plane ticket.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'm your polar opposite. I used to fly a lot for work and wouldn't let anyone else book for me.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:56 pm
I'm your polar opposite. I used to fly a lot for work and wouldn't let anyone else book for me.
I've flown for pleasure twice, once was honeymoon so we used an agent to schedule everything and other was a friend who did all booking for vegas. All other has been work and the secretaries have handled.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Did you run to Portland? Or did you consider that "work"?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 pm Did you run to Portland? Or did you consider that "work"?
Oh shit. That completely slipped my mind.

Forget I said anything guys! I did make my own reservations once!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I don't like the recently released version of "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Prince.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:21 am I don't like the recently released version of "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Prince.
Yeah, have to agree.

But then again, I've never been a huge Prince fan. Some great tunes, but honestly, "Purple Rain" is hellish (for me anyway).
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

So now it's a couple we've met. We've been chatting for ~48 hours...they're like a mirror couple of us (kids nearly the same age, like the same movies/TV shows, bands, wives both way to into Halloween and wine, we're all huge sports fans, like the same bars, etc.) and it's awesome. And she has a bunch of sexy tats that drive me wild, so I'm really looking forward to this.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Giff wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:41 pm So now it's a couple we've met. We've been chatting for ~48 hours...they're like a mirror couple of us (kids nearly the same age, like the same movies/TV shows, bands, wives both way to into Halloween and wine, we're all huge sports fans, like the same bars, etc.) and it's awesome. And she has a bunch of sexy tats that drive me wild, so I'm really looking forward to this.
I remain amazed that you all have found this for your relationship.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

So the wife runs one of those pet resort boarding places and they do spots sometimes on the morning shows here. Found a video of a recent one. Let's just say, I have a type.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Pekingese?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Blue healer.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

OK, so I've now stumbled into most men's fantasy. The other wife is way into girls. Mine has no desire to be with one, but is now open to letting the other wife do what she wants to her. Good lord.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Giff wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:14 am So the wife runs one of those pet resort boarding places and they do spots sometimes on the morning shows here. Found a video of a recent one. Let's just say, I have a type.
Rules do apply, don't they?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.