NFL Offseason Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: NFL Offseason Thread

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Gunpowder wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 am Why is he dressed like a guy who jacks off in parking lots? Is he using Roethlisberger's legal team?
So, a suit and glasses is "dressed like a guy who jacks off in parking lots?"
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:55 am
Gunpowder wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 am Why is he dressed like a guy who jacks off in parking lots? Is he using Roethlisberger's legal team?
So, a suit and glasses is "dressed like a guy who jacks off in parking lots?"
In some of these trial photos in suit and glasses, he looks like he would be played by a young John Turturro.

So, maybe?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Between Chmura, Hernandez, Winslow there's an argument to be made that tight end is probably the most dangerous position on an NFL field to the general public. Linebacker probably a close second.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Looking back, that renogotiated Russell Wilson deal was a bargain.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

brian wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:57 pm Between Chmura, Hernandez, Winslow there's an argument to be made that tight end is probably the most dangerous position on an NFL field to the general public. Linebacker probably a close second.
Loved watching The People vs. Pete Metzelaars
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:21 pm
brian wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:57 pm Between Chmura, Hernandez, Winslow there's an argument to be made that tight end is probably the most dangerous position on an NFL field to the general public. Linebacker probably a close second.
Loved watching The People vs. Pete Metzelaars
Hernandez killed at least as many people as OJ and probably more.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

No doubt. He's so dangerous, he killed a tight end.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Patriots get their rings tonight. But this is the best part of it all.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm No doubt. He's so dangerous, he killed a tight end.
Huzzah!!!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 pm The Patriots get their rings tonight. But this is the best part of it all.

And he just shaved his head for a kids with cancer fundraiser. The video clips of him volunteering at events are always great.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:12 am
And he just shaved his head for a kids with cancer fundraiser. The video clips of him volunteering at events are always great.
As much as I want to hate him, he really seems like a loveable goofball who doesn't take himself seriously and doesn't give a fuck about his image, but wants to have fun and help kids.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

It's a good thing the Bears aren't making a super-big deal about Cody Parkey's playoff miss.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The shaving your head in solidarity thing is the most sanctimonious bullshit I've ever heard of. "Hey look...I have cancer too now...except I don't...and my hair will grow back...and you'll probably die."

Stop.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its to make people, especially children, feel more comfortable being bald.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"Hey Munchausen, your barber called and asked if you still needed an appointment next month and I told him absolutely since you're healthy!"
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 am Its to make people, especially children, feel more comfortable being bald.
No, it's sanctimony. Everyone wants to feel superior to someone with cancer.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Yeah ffs Loma.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Okay, not sanctimony. Wrong word. Bad take.

Not sure what the word is but having your hair fall out as a result of poison being injected into your body as well as all of the other insidious symptoms that go along with that is an absolutely horrifying experience for a cancer patient. It seems _________ to just get to shave the hair off of your head without any of the suffering that comes along with it and then get to say..."Look, now we're the same."
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'll go with facile.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 am Okay, not sanctimony. Wrong word. Bad take.

Not sure what the word is but having your hair fall out as a result of poison being injected into your body as well as all of the other insidious symptoms that go along with that is an absolutely horrifying experience for a cancer patient. It seems _________ to just get to shave the hair off of your head without any of the suffering that comes along with it and then get to say..."Look, now we're the same."
Even with the qualification, I don't think that's what they're doing. Like Giff or someone said usually when someone shaves their head in solidarity, it's for a woman or a kid or someone who is going to be upset to lose their hair. If your wife or your kid had cancer, you would gladly trade places so they didn't have to suffer but since that's impossible, this is a way to show that you would actually, really do that.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

It seems empathetic to just get to* shave the hair off of your head without any of the suffering that comes along with it and then get to say...[strike-through]"Look, now we're the same."[/strike-through] "I hope this makes you feel a little less alone, we're behind you".

* ???
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

I shaved my head earlier this year for my wife's best friend that is going through chemo treatments. At no point was this to say we are the same. It was as most here have said, to show solidarity and that we love her and are with her even though we can't imagine what she is going through. The best part was sending her pictures of the process. I not only had a full head of hair almost down to my chin, but a full beard that I shaved also. Her husband wanted us to put all the pics into a calendar, just for laughs. Thankfully she is in remission.

But, yeah I am just a sanctimonious asshole.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

At least you admit it

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Did this discussion really get triggered by a Gronk photo? From the guy that rails against Pats fans being easily triggered?

This is like rain on my wedding day.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 am Did this discussion really get triggered by a Gronk photo? From the guy that rails against Pats fans being easily triggered?

This is like rain on my wedding day.
Was that why Gronk shaved his head?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I didn't see any photos. No idea who shaved their head. Just telling you why I personally object to it. Not trying to speak for actual cancer patients but I'm guessing there are some that would agree with me. Certainly some that wouldn't.

Also, I don't really care too much about my hair so I wouldn't see it as any kind of sacrifice.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

So you missed that the Pats marketing staff created a special Super Bowl ring version of the team logo?

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

By the way, the Raiders were picked for Hard Knocks. That's going to be some interesting viewing.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Jerloma wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 pmI didn't see any photos. No idea who shaved their head. Just telling you why I personally object to it. Not trying to speak for actual cancer patients but I'm guessing there are some that would agree with me. Certainly some that wouldn't.
Does your local community really suck?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

But given that it's certainly laced with good intentions, I think the best course of action is to find out how the person that you think you're providing comfort to feels about it and then proceed accordingly.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

Jerloma wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:58 pm But given that it's certainly laced with good intentions, I think the best course of action is to find out how the person that you think you're providing comfort to feels about it and then proceed accordingly.
So you want Gronk to poll a ward of kids with cancer whether they want him to shave his head? What kid would tell an adult to do/not do that especially a superstar athlete? As far as adult to adult, maybe someone somewhere took offense to that gesture but I can't imagine it being prevalent. If some neighbor brought over a casserole because they heard someone at your house passed away, would you slam the door in their face in outrage? You may not want the casserole but surely you would understand the kindness it came from.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

rass wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:50 pm So you missed that the Pats marketing staff created a special Super Bowl ring version of the team logo?

One of the many bad parts of being a Bills fan is that I really can't make fun of this.

God Damn It!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Aflac should just be a clippers/casserole company

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

So, and I truly hope to never find out how funny this would be because I've met the guy in person and he's awesome, the Swamp is now obligated to shave our collective heads if J-Lo ever gets some really shitty health news.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Rams Fanny wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:13 pm If some neighbor brought over a casserole because they heard someone at your house passed away, would you slam the door in their face in outrage? You may not want the casserole but surely you would understand the kindness it came from.
In this analogy, is the person being given a meal during a hectic time due to the loss of a loved one the person that lost their hair from chemotherapy and given "solidarity" with a person who shaved their head?

If so, I'd recognize both of those things an an act of intended kindness while also feeling uncomfortable about the latter act.

It's a shit analogy though. You're just taking a random act of kindness and comparing it to a specific act that I happen to think misses the mark despite being contrary to popular opinion.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

WHATS NEXT EVERYONE GETTING A CAST IF SOME KID BREAKS THEIR ARM AT THE PLAYGROUND???
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

See that would be a much more genuine act of solidarity because you're actually inhibited from doing all of the things that the injured kid is inhibited from doing.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Makes me wish I hadn't already referenced Dave Dravecky this week.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

In case someone needed some motivation to get back in the recording studio.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I'd like a Bear Safety Tips Remix on kickers getting the shit beat out of them trying to exit the players parking lot