This Is The Thread Discussing The Missing Plane

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: This Is The Thread Discussing The Missing Plane

Post by brian »

That's part of it, but he didn't have to do it that way. Like the article said the other instances were all just the pilot flying the plane into a mountain or into the ground. We'll never know his reasons, but he elected not to go that route. I need to re-read the story to determine where the last time investigators know the pilot operated the plane was, but I imagine he killed himself by depressurizing the cabin long before the plane actually crashed.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:59 am Id say more like avoiding a 6 hour fight to get into the cabin.
Altho, really, it didn't need to be a 6-hour fight as at any point he could have just pointed the nose down. It only needed to avoid a six hour fight because he had some really weird agenda for his murder-suicide...

ETA: What brian said...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

brian wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:07 pm That's part of it, but he didn't have to do it that way. Like the article said the other instances were all just the pilot flying the plane into a mountain or into the ground. We'll never know his reasons, but he elected not to go that route. I need to re-read the story to determine where the last time investigators know the pilot operated the plane was, but I imagine he killed himself by depressurizing the cabin long before the plane actually crashed.
Actually, they don't think so...something about the way it was at the end they think he had the controls...and that he had re-pressurized the cabin at one point.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Yeah, I liked the article and its a pretty cool mystery but it also said that the plane descended faster than would be anticipated if fuel ran out and the plane glided a while so questions about that too.

ETA... what Bengal said
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

It's a weird, weird, weird mystery that we'll probably never know the answer to. I like to think when we die we learn all of that stuff in an instant.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:10 pm Yeah, I liked the article and its a pretty cool mystery but it also said that the plane descended faster than would be anticipated if fuel ran out and the plane glided a while so questions about that too.

ETA... what Bengal said
One thing the article didn't address was whether the pilot had life insurance or a similar benefit through the airline, and whether that insurance had an exclusion for suicide. Because it seems like the pilot went to a lot of trouble to disappear and leave a mystery.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure this week is the 20th anniversary of Payne Stewart's last major.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.