Fast Food Thread: Not just about assholes anymore

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Re: Fast Food Thread: Not just about assholes anymore

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 pm Leaving the pump while running? Fuck no! I don’t even like it when people get back in their cars when it is cold.

Also his week in Florida none of the handles had the little thing to catch and pump automAtically.
Are you afraid the pump is going to leap out of your tank? Spontaneously combust? I don't do this w my kids in the car BTW.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A_B wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 pmAlso his week in Florida none of the handles had the little thing to catch and pump automAtically.
That's called a "gas cap".
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

A_B wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 pm Leaving the pump while running? Fuck no! I don’t even like it when people get back in their cars when it is cold.

Also his week in Florida none of the handles had the little thing to catch and pump automAtically.
X2 - don't leave the thing while it's running. More for dumbshits that might be walking around or whatever. I will get back in the truck if it's cold though.

Isn't it illegal to leave the pump while it's running?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

It is in Kentucky. I think.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
RSmith
Brandt

Post by RSmith »

mister d wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm
A_B wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 pmAlso his week in Florida none of the handles had the little thing to catch and pump automAtically.
That's called a "gas cap".
My newest car doesn't have a gas cap...the intake is capped off by an assembly on the door.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

1) Jason Kander, on his Majority 54 podcast, chats with an LGBTQ activist named Shane Windmeyer about how he befriended Dan Cathy of Chik-Fil-A and helped him cut out the anti gay perception of the fast food chain.

2)
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Wanna fill us in Johnnie? Someone ghosted your posted.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

BSF21 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:37 am Wanna fill us in Johnnie? Someone ghosted your posted.
I didn't realize the meme was old, but it was similar to this:

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

In-N-Out donates $25,000 to California Republican Party, angry Twitter users call for boycott

I don't give a fuck. I'm still eating at In-N-Out.

Ever since I saw the dumb Bible verses on the cups and Kevin Nealon's character in Weeds said the owners were crazy Christians, I was aware of their idiocy. Still are there afterwards.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Donating money is a far cry from supporting anti-gay groups like Chik-Fil-A was doing. Also $25K isn’t very much. Nothing burger. No pun intended.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:51 pm In-N-Out donates $25,000 to California Republican Party, angry Twitter users call for boycott

I don't give a fuck. I'm still eating at In-N-Out.

Ever since I saw the dumb Bible verses on the cups and Kevin Nealon's character in Weeds said the owners were crazy Christians, I was aware of their idiocy. Still are there afterwards.
More misguided keyboard outrage. if their boycott is "successful' and sales go down, the company will just fire some front line people trying to pay the bills and likely don't give a fuck about the bosses' politics.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Really, knowing their politics everyone should buy *more* of their product to ensure they don’t fire those hourly workers.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

AB is correct here, y’all. For one, not all pumps correctly cut off consistently when they should, so you can start spraying fuel all over when it’s full. Secondly, it’s really bad news to get in a vehicle while you are pumping it full due to the possibility of static charge build and then discharge.

It’s crazy how combustible gasoline really is, and kind of surprising accidents don’t happen more frequently. Maybe it’s from the mentality at work I deal in daily, but I don’t play around and always assume the worst could happen.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Ate Torchy's Tacos, In-N-Out and Whataburger last weekend for lunch on consecutive days. Life was good.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm not sure what happened with Whataburger, but their food is awesome.

I swear I went to them in Louisiana a decade ago and they were trash. Then I tried one years later in Arizona... Also trash.

But in Albuquerque they're fire. Even did the receipt's survey to get a free one because it was so damn good.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I'm convinced Whataburger gets worse the further you get from Texas. the Jacksonville Whataburger I had in February wasn't as good as the Austin Whataburger I had Sunday or the Oklahoma Whataburger I had in March.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Whataburger in Phoenix sucks, but the Whataburger I had in south Texas a few years ago was awesome, so that tracks.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

God the In-n-Out hate in Texas by Whataburger fanboys sets me off like any bullshit anti-DMB opinions.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Giff wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:51 pm God the In-n-Out hate in Texas by Whataburger fanboys sets me off like any bullshit anti-DMB opinions.
I enjoy In-N-Out. A lot. But I'd put it No. 3 behind Whataburger* and Shake Shack.

*in/near Texas
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:02 pm
Giff wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:51 pm God the In-n-Out hate in Texas by Whataburger fanboys sets me off like any bullshit anti-DMB opinions.
I enjoy In-N-Out. A lot. But I'd put it No. 3 behind Whataburger* and Shake Shack.

*in/near Texas
i love whataburger and i truly think it is definitely better than in and out. i dont hate in and out but the fries were disappointing. the burger was good and fresh, but not so good that i would everget one if whataburger was available
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It's like if people don't realize they can eat at more than one place but have a preference in taste.

I'm going to eat at them all unless I got sick there or something. I'm still dying to try Shake Shack in America.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

My last two times in Boston market, probably 2007(?), someone else has gotten sick near me in the restaurant. Major volume both times.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Square Rob wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:07 am

AB is correct here, y’all. For one, not all pumps correctly cut off consistently when they should, so you can start spraying fuel all over when it’s full. Secondly, it’s really bad news to get in a vehicle while you are pumping it full due to the possibility of static charge build and then discharge.

It’s crazy how combustible gasoline really is, and kind of surprising accidents don’t happen more frequently. Maybe it’s from the mentality at work I deal in daily, but I don’t play around and always assume the worst could happen.
Maybe because it's not that combustible?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

The fumes are very combustible though, right? That’s what catches in all of these cell phone incidents.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

bfj wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am The fumes are very combustible though, right? That’s what catches in all of these cell phone incidents.
Yes. In the presence of air specifically. Like what would happen were it to leak everywhere.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 am The fumes are very combustible though, right? That’s what catches in all of these cell phone incidents.
I just read an article saying cell phones don't ignite gas fumes, but it's most likely static electricity is the culprit. Almost every gas attendant in NJ is on a cell phone while they pump. If cell phones ignited gas fumes, there'd be a lot more explosions.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:27 pm
I just read an article saying cell phones don't ignite gas fumes, but it's most likely static electricity is the culprit. Almost every gas attendant in NJ is on a cell phone while they pump. If cell phones ignited gas fumes, there'd be a lot more explosions.
Mythbusters did a thing on this. It's nearly impossible to start a gasoline fire with a cellphone, even with a shorted battery. Static charge can be a different matter, though just minding yourself enough to ground is all the reason I need to get back inside when pumping. Too fucking cold in the midwest.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Wendys twitter feed got into it with some Nebraska fans yesterday.

What a bunch of whiners!

A fantastic read...
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nebraska fans are among the most sensitive on Twitter. Florida State too.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, we have our very first Dunkin' Doughnuts opening shortly in our little burg. It's a big deal to some folks, but I don't get it. Just decent coffee and below-par doughnuts as far as I can tell. Somebody convince me.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You’re overrating the coffee.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

And the donuts.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I don't drink coffee, but Dunkin's virtual monopoly on donut shops is my least favorite thing about New England. Every West Coast strip mall has a no-frills donut shop that is miles better.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Yeah, it's meh at best.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 pm I don't drink coffee, but Dunkin's virtual monopoly on donut shops is my least favorite thing about New England. Every West Coast strip mall has a no-frills donut shop that is miles better.
Hmmm. When I was there last month I was surprised at number of Starbucks because I thought it was gonna be strictly dunkin. Although, my younger daughter did prefer dunkin. Not the student, the sibling. Student is agnostic. Both are available on ground floor of dorm.

Probably daughter 2 preferred because it was next to hotel mind you.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I was a Starbucks over Dunkin person but converted. The service at most Dunkins is so much better than Starbucks, the Dunkin app is much better, and I think the quality of Starbucks coffee has gone down. If I want a high quality expensive coffee, there are local places much better than Starbucks, so the only reason I go there now is to use up gift cards.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Starbucks is my fallback when there’s nothing better around. The one I’ve noticed a massive drop in quality with is Peet’s.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

I think Dunkin smells better and is a better roast but is served too weak so I stopped drinking it years ago. Starbucks over-roasts their coffee pretty much across the board but closer to what I'm looking for from a retail cup then Dunkin. That said I agree about the CS aspect. Dunkin employees have usually been happier and more competent, they just serve an inferior product.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen