Swamp Travel Guide

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

howard
Karl Hungus

Re: Swamp Travel Guide

Post by howard » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Bojangles in the Charlotte airport, between flights. That, my friends, is what I call living large. Don't hate.

If they opened in NYC, I could go full Homer Simpson/300# and it wouldn't take much more than a year.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…

rass
The Dude

Post by rass » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:48 pm

I stopped at one on our sojourn through Bojangles country earlier this summer. Egg and ham biscuit hit the damn spot.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

Sabo
Walter Sobchak

Post by Sabo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:59 pm

The Charlotte airport, despite being busy as hell at all times, is a pretty good airport.
FUCK YES DOUCH NUT

rass
The Dude

Post by rass » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:01 pm

As to that, had a 2 hour layover there once, and meh? I think my arrival gate and departure gate were really close, which was great. Not sure if the airport deserves credit for that, though.

Sabo
Walter Sobchak

Post by Sabo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:03 pm

rass wrote:As to that, had a 2 hour layover there once, and meh? I think my arrival gate and departure gate were really close, which was great. Not sure if the airport deserves credit for that, though.

Yeah, but they have rocking chairs in the main concourse. And someone playing the piano near the food court. That makes it better than most!
FUCK YES DOUCH NUT

howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Sabo wrote:Yeah, but they have rocking chairs in the main concourse. And someone playing the piano near the food court. That makes it better than most!

And right above that area where the piano player is located, a little second floor balcony w/rocking chairs, by a little chapel. Lots of good food choices, free wifi, I haven't traveled much the last few years but I was impressed. Crowded but much more civilized than the NYC ports (which are abominable as we all know.)
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…

rass
The Dude

Post by rass » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:46 pm

The rather stocky male conductor on my mid-town direct train smells like sugar.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 pm

So has anyone actually been to Boise? Because I've checked in with a few friends who travel for work pretty extensively and it seems like no one has ever been there.

Gonna go up for the Potato Bowl and have scouted out a few interesting bars and restaurants but curious if anyone has any first-hand experience with anyplace memorable.
"As the saying goes: The house always wins in Vegas," Schmidt said. "The city doesn't look like this because the visitors are winners."

Steve of phpBB
Donny

Post by Steve of phpBB » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:19 pm

brian wrote:So has anyone actually been to Boise? Because I've checked in with a few friends who travel for work pretty extensively and it seems like no one has ever been there.

Gonna go up for the Potato Bowl and have scouted out a few interesting bars and restaurants but curious if anyone has any first-hand experience with anyplace memorable.

I guess I've technically been there, but I've never stopped. Folks who have been there say it's a decent visit.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest there's probably not as much night life there as in Las Vegas, though.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Steve of phpBB wrote:
brian wrote:So has anyone actually been to Boise? Because I've checked in with a few friends who travel for work pretty extensively and it seems like no one has ever been there.

I guess I've technically been there, but I've never stopped. Folks who have been there say it's a decent visit.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest there's probably not as much night life there as in Las Vegas, though.

Well, alls I'm looking for is a few places with some decent food and maybe a couple awesome local breweries. Looks like there's quite a few choices downtown of the latter so I'll probably be sated regardless even if I just wing it.
"As the saying goes: The house always wins in Vegas," Schmidt said. "The city doesn't look like this because the visitors are winners."