Video Games Thread (See first post for Swamper handles)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Rush2112
The Dude

Re: Video Games Thread (See first post for Swamper handles)

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you go default or change things up? You don't get the directional arrow for kicks on certain levels/settings.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

With the exception of a couple of wonky interceptions that never seem to be fixed, I haven't had any issues so far.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Came into last two games of season 10-4 with the browns. Lost both! 10-6. Made playoffs. Along with the Ravens and Bengals from same division. won first two rounds. Now it's up to Virtual Baker to take down TB12 in the AFC championship game. I'll keep you updated.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Ryan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 am Just bought Madden yesterday. First time in maybe 6 or 7 years. Really thought it played well until I lost by 3 because the kicking meter didn't show up for my two 4th Q field goal attempts, including the last play of the game. Remember when games were ready to come out when they came out?
I just saw this. That's by design. It shows up quickly then you have to do it by feel in the controller. It's to simulate pressure. You can turn it off I think.

Also, the Chargers were moved to Brooklyn and became the Beats three seasons into my Franchise. Odd.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Bought Football Manager 2020. First time playing (but did have a free copy of Eastside Hockey a long time ago). My son aid it best. FIFA if you like playing soccer FM if you like soccer but love spreadsheets.

Started as DC Unites but f'd up the thing so badly I could not register Wayne Rooney, Canouse, and Hamid on the team due to salary cap (but had Seat on a super cheap loan). So started over and Wayne hurts hipmin training and is out up to 5 months (and he already has the transfer to Derby) and can't get Dest.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

EA's exclusive license (15 years) with the NFL expired today and 2K has already picked up a license.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:16 am EA's exclusive license (15 years) with the NFL expired today and 2K has already picked up a license.
I believe that 2k Is for a "non-simulation" games like Blitz and Street.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I believe I'm now officially a super old ... is there a way to simply play through the premier league season offline in FIFA 20? Games have changed over the last decade.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

mister d wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:09 am I believe I'm now officially a super old ... is there a way to simply play through the premier league season offline in FIFA 20? Games have changed over the last decade.
Go to calendar and pick a date in the future you want to go to and you can simulate to that date.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Jedi fallen order is amazing as frustrating hell at the same time.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

I think we should find a game to play en mass ala Swamp.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

RE: the last post Golf Club 2 is 5.99 on Steam. We can play as 4somes but also organise a tourney.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:47 pm RE: the last post Golf Club 2 is 5.99 on Steam. We can play as 4somes but also organise a tourney.
I could be up for this.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The greens usually are the suck...but it's fun.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So. I’ll tell on myself. My youngest and I played spider man a lot last year. Then kinda stepped away around Christmas. Then a few weeks we decide to play it again. Can’t find the disc. Can’t even find the box. Can’t figure out what happened. Anyway we loved the game so I bought a used copy of the game so we could play it. Put the disc in today to play it. It says “do you want to use the disc version and overwrote the downloaded version? You will lose all game data”

So yeah. I didn’t remember we bought a download code originally.

I’m an idiot.

Anyhoo... if someone would like to play spider man on ps4 I will happily send them the game for free.

It is ps4 exclusive so you have to have that console. Reply here or dm. First come first serve.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Hilarious, and I heard that game was fun. My dudes are Xbox only though.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:49 pm Hilarious, and I heard that game was fun. My dudes are Xbox only though.
It’s really fun. Melee action but the creation of New York and the swinging in the city is amazing.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I'm thinking about jumping back into video games, but I'm way too indecisive and confused. Some things I've considered:
*Going old school and buying a NES classic so I can play Techmo and Mario but it looks like it's tough to purchase this.
*Getting a Switch instead so I can play Mario Kart, Smash Brothers and download old school games, but this a monthly subscription and might be tough to find.
*Getting a new Playstation and jump back into sports games, but I don't know if my old brain can handle it. My days of putting up 100 a game in Madden 2004 are long over. It would be like the Bjorn Borg comeback.
*Signing up for Slack. I loved Jackbox games but I don't know what else I would need to buy
*Stadia -- google is pushing this hard

I think I'm leaning towards Slack
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The retro NES thing isn't expensive, but you can't add games to the console. The controller cable is short too.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I assume you mean Steam? Hard to go wrong there.

And I personally wouldn't buy a PS4 right now. The PS5 is supposedly fairly close.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:25 am The retro NES thing isn't expensive, but you can't add games to the console. The controller cable is short too.
I'd actually suggest spending the little extra and getting the Super NES mini, as you can jailbreak it and add both Super NES and NES games to it fairly easily.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Get a Switch and the online access. Well worth the money, especially if you think you'll get a lot out of the retro games. If you think you'd be playing handheld most of the time, get the Switch Lite. It's a little smaller and cheaper, but you can't dock it to a TV. Plays the same games though.

Steam is great just based on volume of stuff, but if you're not already a computer-type gamer, I don't think it's the best option.

Nobody I've read says Stadia is a good idea.

Echo AB on PS4. I use it plenty for the games I use it for (sports stuff, Spider Man, Hitman) but it's reaching end-of-life status.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

A_B wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:25 am I assume you mean Steam? Hard to go wrong there.

And I personally wouldn't buy a PS4 right now. The PS5 is supposedly fairly close.
Yes. Although learning Slack for the quarantine has been great for work
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:29 am
govmentchedda wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:25 am The retro NES thing isn't expensive, but you can't add games to the console. The controller cable is short too.
I'd actually suggest spending the little extra and getting the Super NES mini, as you can jailbreak it and add both Super NES and NES games to it fairly easily.
You are both wrong on this one. Just go with an emulator and get lots of games across many devices. Plus fun little project
I did a retropie on a rasberry pi. https://retropie.org.uk/

I whooped my son in balloon fight, ice climber, mortal kombat, NES ice hockey (fat guy, skinny guy), NBA Jam, and a few others last night.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I will never get a raspberry pi out of spite for wlu lax's unbridled passion.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

He just called Steam "Slack"

EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:37 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:29 am
You are both wrong on this one. Just go with an emulator and get lots of games across many devices. Plus fun little project
I did a retropie on a rasberry pi. https://retropie.org.uk/

I whooped my son in balloon fight, ice climber, mortal kombat, NES ice hockey (fat guy, skinny guy), NBA Jam, and a few others last night.
I'm not smart enough (or too lazy) to try emulators and raspberry pi

edit: or what Ryan said
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Ryan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:31 am Get a Switch and the online access. Well worth the money, especially if you think you'll get a lot out of the retro games. If you think you'd be playing handheld most of the time, get the Switch Lite. It's a little smaller and cheaper, but you can't dock it to a TV. Plays the same games though.

Steam is great just based on volume of stuff, but if you're not already a computer-type gamer, I don't think it's the best option.

Echo AB on PS4. I use it plenty for the games I use it for (sports stuff, Spider Man, Hitman) but it's reaching end-of-life status.
All good here. I have a switch and highly recommend. The online access/NES/SNES library is a subscription service, but it's 20$/year so basically free. Get a pro controller, worth the money. You likely won't find one anywhere for at least a month, Nintendo recently said they've been sold out worldwide.

I'm also in the boat of this awkward time on a new console. I skipped the last generation so I've got a 360 which hasn't been out of a box in years and a Wii, same story. I really want to play the FFVII Remake, but I can't justify going and spending 400$ on a console when I know the PS5 is coming out late this year...

Also, anyone interested in an old 360 or wii? I would box em up and ship them cheap.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

BSF21 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:43 am
Ryan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:31 am Get a Switch and the online access. Well worth the money, especially if you think you'll get a lot out of the retro games. If you think you'd be playing handheld most of the time, get the Switch Lite. It's a little smaller and cheaper, but you can't dock it to a TV. Plays the same games though.

All good here. I have a switch and highly recommend. The online access/NES/SNES library is a subscription service, but it's 20$/year so basically free. Get a pro controller, worth the money. You likely won't find one anywhere for at least a month, Nintendo recently said they've been sold out worldwide.

I'm also in the boat of this awkward time on a new console. I skipped the last generation so I've got a 360 which hasn't been out of a box in years and a Wii, same story. I really want to play the FFVII Remake, but I can't justify going and spending 400$ on a console when I know the PS5 is coming out late this year...

Also, anyone interested in an old 360 or wii? I would box em up and ship them cheap.
I may have interest in some Wii games. Ours has been getting its heaviest workout ever the last month, for some reason.

If someone else is interested in the console and needs the games, that person is priority.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Animal Crossing seems really dumb and is completely addicting.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I am deeply immersed

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is there a guide to follow without picking up cheats? Like if I didn't google, I wouldn't have known only the lead character (not me) is able to donate the fish.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

mister d wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:18 am Is there a guide to follow without picking up cheats? Like if I didn't google, I wouldn't have known only the lead character (not me) is able to donate the fish.
Polygon has all the good guides. Anyone can donate fish, I thought. Are you at the beginning before the museum opens? Even then, I'm pretty sure I did all the donating instead of Cameron.

The multiple people sharing an island thing completely sucks in many other ways though.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nope, only the main character (my oldest) was able to. I had mad fish but never got the option to tell Tom so I switched characters (at 11:00 PM EST on a Sunday) to hers to kick that off.

We finished Day 1 activities yesterday on our Day 2, but I'm not sure how we would have known to donate for a museum if I hadn't started googling around for next steps. They just liked running around and shit and my 5 year old celebrated when it got dark out in real life because that meant its dark in the game and she can go into the horse's tent, push her out of the way and lay in her sleeping bag until she gets a confused question mark over her head.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Haha, yep. If you're reasonably sure they'll get over it within, say, 4 months, start over and make yourself the primary.

After the museum opens, everyone can donate fish, bugs, and fossils, so that headache will be gone. (And you'll be mad when things haven't been donated yet because selling them for money is way better)

But the main character has to be the one to initiate all the big steps in the game and things like building ramps and bridges and buying land for houses to get new villagers to come.

Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

(My wife has been playing since about 9am)

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Oh ... fuck this. I'll become the main.

(Update: The kids have agreed I can be the main.)
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

mister d wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:45 am Oh ... fuck this. I'll become the main.

(Update: The kids have agreed I can be the main.)
I wasn't in on the start of our island, but I'm told you can keep picking an island until you find a layout and starting villagers that you like. Have fun, I'm jealous.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That's the downside, I'm going to miss Antonio the Anteater who fucking loves the gym.