Why Do Local Cops Need Camoflauge?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Why Do Local Cops Need Camoflauge?

Post by mister d »

I'll admit to thinking them just blowing the fucker up is pretty cool.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Despite his good faith behavior, his image was blasted around the world as a suspect. Originating on the Dallas PD twitter feed, with an appeal: "help us find this man".
Johnnie wrote:I knew that "suspect" being lumped into this madness as a "sniper" was bullshit.

It's a good faith gesture to comply while the fog of war is going on, but still. He had to give up his firearm because he's black.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Dallas shooting suspect identified as U.S. Army veteran
Johnnie wrote:The CNN story says that two snipers fired at 10 cops from elevated positions.

Uh, holy fuck. These guys gotta be vets, right? That's my initial reaction.
Johnald Trump wrote:Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical domestic military-influenced terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

rass wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:Not making a comment about its use, or about the horror show last night....but have to ask: Local Cops have bombs now?
Now?
Yeah, I remember the Operation MOVE thing. But I guess I was surprised that they used a bomb on a suspect.

But then I read this morning they were concerned that he might have IED's on his body, so I guess using a bomb made sense.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Fatty McButterPants:

Umm...Peter...hate to break the news, but he was shot by a white racist.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:
Johnnie wrote:The CNN story says that two snipers fired at 10 cops from elevated positions.

Johnald Trump wrote:Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical domestic military-influenced terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!
We need to close our borders to returning soldiers until we "figure things out." The vetting process for mental illness in returning vets is nonexistent, so we can't have a bunch of crazy people with military arms training running around. Hell, more vets kill themselves every week than Islamic Extremists have kill people in America since 9/11.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

At least we are finally going to get that race war they've been promising.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Apparently that bomb they used to kill the guy with was a cell phone. Someone on Reddit called it the "Samsung C4."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

We need to close our borders to returning soldiers until we "figure things out." The vetting process for mental illness in returning vets is nonexistent, so we can't have a bunch of crazy people with military arms training running around. Hell, more vets kill themselves every week than Islamic Extremists have kill people in America since 9/11.
And each other, it seems since at least one of the victims was a thrice deployed Navy reservist.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Johnnie wrote:Dallas shooting suspect identified as U.S. Army veteran

Last I heard, roughly 80 shots, 11 hits. So, unlikely USMC, sounds about right for army.
Steve of phpBB wrote:At least we are finally going to get that race war they've been promising.
About fucking time. Although you can make the case that one side has been fighting this war for quite some time now.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Between this and the upcoming elections - this is going to be a brutal summer. Stay out of Cleveland folks.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I'm intrigued by the fact that the cops are being very tight-lipped regarding the other three suspects that they have in custody. Not the usual MO, right?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

howard wrote:About fucking time. Although you can make the case that one side has been fighting this war for quite some time now.
Assuming you mean what I think you mean, I agree. Similar to what you said earlier, it doesn't surprise me that a black guy might conclude that since cops have been waging war on black men for years now, he would respond. Not justifiable, but understandable.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

holy fucking shit

holy fucking shit

holy fucking shit

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick called protesters who ran away from the hail of bullets that rained down on Downtown Dallas on Thursday night "hypocrites" during an interview Friday on Fox News.

"All those protesters last night, they turned around and ran the other way expecting the men and women in blue to protect them. What hypocrites!" an audibly emotional Patrick said.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That doesn't even make sense. The underlying reason for the protests is an explicit desire to not get shot.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Pruitt wrote:Between this and the upcoming elections - this is going to be a brutal summer. Stay out of Cleveland folks.
Sabo, you better move before the convention. There's no other way to save yourself. Fuck the indians, probably be shootings there every day between now and the end of the season.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Assuming you mean what I think you mean, I agree. Similar to what you said earlier, it doesn't surprise me that a black guy might conclude that since cops have been waging war on black men for years now, he would respond. Not justifiable, but understandable.
Yeah, pretty much my meaning, embedded in my snark. And understandable on a few different levels, i.e. the unnecessary and fucking stupid foreign wars blow back in many different ways.

I've said it before, I think racism in America in some key ways reached a nadir several years ago, and has increased in the last 20-30 years or so. But, in other, more important ways, racism continues to shrink, such as the general conglomerate attitude of tolerance I see in people under 30yo as a whole. Thank goodness.

I don't know if murders by police are increasing, or if they are steady state. Economic conditions and general crime levels affect this, I think. And the ubiquitous cell phone video which has a very short history (~5 years?) has completely changed awareness and interpretation of killings by cop.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

A_B wrote:
Pruitt wrote:Between this and the upcoming elections - this is going to be a brutal summer. Stay out of Cleveland folks.
Sabo, you better move before the convention. There's no other way to save yourself. Fuck the indians, probably be shootings there every day between now and the end of the season.
Fortunately I live in Independence instead of Cleveland, so the bullets and bombs won't fly far enough to hurt me. Still, I probably should wear a flak jacket, kevlar helmet and carry three guns with me at all times. Just to be safe.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

So, they still don't know (or aren't telling) how many shooters there were last night? What about all that stuff about triangulation to maximize the killing zone the police chief was dishing out. So much bullshit, so little time.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

howard wrote:So, they still don't know (or aren't telling) how many shooters there were last night? What about all that stuff about triangulation to maximize the killing zone the police chief was dishing out. So much bullshit, so little time.

"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

What about Philadelphia? I'm, uh, asking for a friend.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

And they blew him up with a killer robot. Fascinating.

Dallas - Civil Law Enforcement Use Of Vehicle Based IED Raises Questions

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

howard wrote:So, they still don't know (or aren't telling) how many shooters there were last night? What about all that stuff about triangulation to maximize the killing zone the police chief was dishing out. So much bullshit, so little time.

What is it about Dallas that they can never figure this shit out?
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

heh. I thought the (spurious) use of the word triangulation was interesting, in the context of the various JFK theories. As well as the film, JFK.

At least Parkland Hospital has figured out the trauma center thing. (Modern trauma surgery was basically invented by docs at Parkland, beginning before the Kennedy assassination.)

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Sabo wrote:
A_B wrote:
Fortunately I live in Independence instead of Cleveland, so the bullets and bombs won't fly far enough to hurt me. Still, I probably should wear a flak jacket, kevlar helmet and carry three guns with me at all times. Just to be safe.
Sorry, should have finished my thought - I meant during the Republican convention.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

And while this was an extraordinary circumstance, it is very disturbing that the police used a remote-control bomb robot to kill a suspect.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update ... f-policing
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Apparently the first time a robot has been used to kill a suspect, domestically. Of course, the cops are adamant that there was no alternative.

Previously robots have been used for surveillance (camera visualization of a suspect), and at least once to deliver a pizza to a suspect in a hostage situation (I'll bet that suspect was white). It won't be the last time the blow up a suspect remotely , although the next time may be a flying killer robot.

Also, DPD obtained this robot through the federal program channeling military hardware to local police. Now every city will want one, pre-loaded with C-4 explosive. Mo money for the MIC.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If it's precedent, it's bad. As a one-off, it's pretty cool.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

You know what's cool, when a cop kills an innocent civilian and the rush to disseminate information is to smear the victim and not condemn the cop. /sarcasm

He had a gun! He was allowed to carry.

He has been pulled over 52 times! It's called racial profiling.

And where the NRA on this? Fucking crickets.

But fuck me if I state this shit to a #BlueLivesMatter type of asshole. The polarization on social media is disgusting. Even had a guy say that it should be illegal to film such incidents because it isn't fair to an impartial investigation.

America sucks.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Johnnie wrote:But fuck me if I state this shit to a #BlueLivesMatter type of asshole. The polarization on social media is disgusting. Even had a guy say that it should be illegal to film such incidents because it isn't fair to an impartial investigation.
I'll take "Stupid shit lawyers say" for $800, Alex.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:You know what's cool, when a cop kills an innocent civilian and the rush to disseminate information is to smear the victim and not condemn the cop. /sarcasm

He had a gun! He was allowed to carry.

He has been pulled over 52 times! It's called racial profiling.

And where the NRA on this? Fucking crickets.

But fuck me if I state this shit to a #BlueLivesMatter type of asshole. The polarization on social media is disgusting. Even had a guy say that it should be illegal to film such incidents because it isn't fair to an impartial investigation.

America sucks.

I saw one anti-gun control advocate defend the cop saying it is irrelevant that the victim had a concealed carry permit, because there is no way the cop could have known that. True, so maybe having more people with guns on the street isn't such a good idea.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Saw that same picture compared to Robocop.

Um, Wtf? Where is that?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

#BatonRouge?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Jesus Fucking Christ. What are they defending themselves from?

I don't get that much armor when I deploy to Iraq/Afghanistan.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Johnnie wrote:Jesus Fucking Christ. What are they defending themselves from?
Fear.

(of a Black Planet)

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

DSafetyGuy wrote:
What about Houston?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

bfj wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:
What about Houston?
What about Detroit?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote:
bfj wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:
What about Houston?
What about Detroit?
What about Pittsburgh, PA?