Bunny Lebowski

Re: Swamp Shopping Guide

Post by kranepool »

mini puke to 1,558
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

Tried to follow the link provided but was redirected to MLB website with a message the campaign was not valid.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

Buy Madden 25th anniversary edition for $100, get NFL Sunday Ticket - even if you don't have DirecTV.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
mini puke to 1,558
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

kranepool wrote:Buy Madden 25th anniversary edition for $100, get NFL Sunday Ticket - even if you don't have DirecTV.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
So what if you have DTV and no Sunday Ticket?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

You can stream the games.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Sabo wrote:You can stream the games.
That's what I would think too. But the "and" throws me off.
For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Is the MAX the one that already gives you access to stream? My friend had to pay for Sunday ticket and then add streaming to his plan, so i thought maybe this is their way of adding streaming for people who already have it.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Yeah, I guess my question is -- I already have the base Sunday Ticket and was just planning on let it auto renew, so it would cost $225 for me this year. So if I order this, does that mean I don't have to pay that $225 or does it only mean it adds the "Max" to my package? It's not entirely clear.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I think it only adds the max to let you watch on mobile devices. I don't have directv, and I think it would let me get access on mobile devices.

That said, I think I am going to move to directv. Good deals right now, including Sunday ticket included for 2013.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

AB_skin_test wrote:I think it only adds the max to let you watch on mobile devices. I don't have directv, and I think it would let me get access on mobile devices.

That said, I think I am going to move to directv. Good deals right now, including Sunday ticket included for 2013.
If so that means I'm saving a whopping $35 or so with this deal, but still it might be worth it -- the whole being able to watch games on your phone/tablet feature could be pretty cool.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

It's only worth it if you like playing Madden, probably.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

AB_skin_test wrote:It's only worth it if you like playing Madden, probably.
Given in that is that I'd be purchasing the game anyway, yeah. But since #20 is on the cover and all.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Damn, son. A 60" Samsung 1080p 3D plasma TV with Wi-Fi and a free blu-ray player with lifetime Crutchfield tech support for $1,200.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KV1I3pyndP ... F5500.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This looks like an amazing deal.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I just don't have any desire for a 3D TV at the moment.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

All TVs are 3d. Some are just thinner than others.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

And I have found a drawback to living overseas. A TV that large and heavy cannot be sent via the post office. (And the BX doesn't have this particular model for online order.) I wrote to Crutchfield and they wrote back:
Hello John,

Thanks for your e-mail, and for shopping the Crutchfield web site. We appreciate your military service.

I wish I had an option to get the Samsung TV to you, but it is indeed too large and heavy to ship through USPS to your APO. We do not have any alternative shipping methods available currently. It may be worth calling Samsung directly to see if there are any options they can provide. You can reach them at 800-726-7864.

Thanks again for your e-mail. Please let me know whenever you need anything else.

Kramer
Advisor
Advisors@Crutchfield.com
http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/kramer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1-800-388-2911 ext. 3281
Well, at least Cosmo doesn't hate black people anymore. So that's a plus.
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

MLB.tv for $19.99 for the rest of the season.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mini puke to 1,558
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

kranepool wrote:MLB.tv for $19.99 for the rest of the season.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only worth it if they black out the Mets.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I've watched more baseball this year than usual, and none of it has been the reds due to being blacked out. Kinda sucks, but kinda doesn't.
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

Just grab a vpn and set your location to another market.

I use Private Internet Access (mostly for privacy, but also for mlb.tv).
mini puke to 1,558
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

kranepool wrote:Just grab a vpn and set your location to another market.

I use Private Internet Access (mostly for privacy, but also for mlb.tv).
It's $32 a year again.

Get it. I missed it the first time around and paid $40. And I believe it will also renew at the $32 price, which is awesome.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'm in the market for a new TV (thinking about an LG 47" LCD for $549)...but my question is about getting a soundbar for the thing. Are they any good? Drawbacks?

I'd like to have better sound then you get out of a flat panel TV, but I don't want to go the whole home theater route.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm about 75% set on buying this, because 1) I'm overseas and have to pay that much (but I have to make sure the price can get down to Amazon's price or else it's even more) and 2) because why the fuck not?
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

DaveInSeattle wrote:I'm in the market for a new TV (thinking about an LG 47" LCD for $549)...but my question is about getting a soundbar for the thing. Are they any good? Drawbacks?

I'd like to have better sound then you get out of a flat panel TV, but I don't want to go the whole home theater route.
It honestly depends on the TV. I had a 42" Sharp Aquos...probably 4/5 years old. Great picture, AWFUL sound. Finalyl got tired of it and bought an LG soundbar (Something akin to this Linky) And it made all the difference in the world.

Got the new house, needed to upgrade the LR TV, so I went with a 55" LG LCD. 120hz refresh, 1080, smart tv, the whole shebang for $999. I made a big deal about buying an LG TV so it would interface with that soundbar. The difference is neat, but minimal. The TV ended up have pretty great sound right out of the box. The 3d sound is nice for sports and the like, but IMHO, it doesn't make the 300$ difference that using the bar with the other TV did.

Just my 2 cents. When it comes to audio equipment, you generally get what you pay for. (But the soundbar does have bluetooth and I can play music from my phone through it for parties and the like. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.)
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Soundbars are good.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I ended up with this TV:

It was $1,900 at the BX (which seems to be $100 less than retail). But what's throwing me off is that I didn't get that 2nd NFC remote (which is ok because according to the "supplied accessories" list I'm not supposed to despite the American 900A & UK 905A models coming with it), yet my TV is dual voltage (110/220 50/60 Hz) but my the specs says that the 904A isn't dual voltage. So it's sort of confusing.

Regardless, it's totally worth it. And I haven't even set up all the bells and whistles yet. Just connecting my external HD and playing TV shows I've downloaded is awesome.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Want the raptor cage from Jurassic Park?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JURASSIC-PARK ... 0756055657" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Totally Kafkaesque
boxcar
Jackie Treehorn

Post by boxcar »

Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

These prints were linked from uniwatch today and they're freaking gorgeous. Someone who wouldn't be a huge poser for buying a soccer one should do so.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ryan wrote:These prints were linked from uniwatch today and they're freaking gorgeous. Someone who wouldn't be a huge poser for buying a soccer one should do so.
nice
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Can anyone recommend a pair of gloves that are close-fitting enough to allow for a good range of dexterity with the fingers, while still being weatherproof? Stretching for ideas to add to my Christmas wish list and this is one of the few things I can think of so far.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Anyone interested in an Amazon Echo? I put myself on a waiting list a while back but lost interest by the time the invite finally came a few days ago. I can get it half-price via Prime if anyone wants to get one and reimburse me. Invite is only good through tomorrow.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That thing might be a the top of the list of things I didn't know about 5 minutes ago but I think I could almost justify spending $100 on. Biggest drawback is that the kids have a good friend named "Alexa".
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Anyone interested in an Amazon Echo? I put myself on a waiting list a while back but lost interest by the time the invite finally came a few days ago. I can get it half-price via Prime if anyone wants to get one and reimburse me. Invite is only good through tomorrow.
Holy fuck, that is amazing. Or is it just Siri without the button?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That's pretty ugly.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I just bought the bluetooth headphones that were at the top of Deadspin today. Been looking for a pair of wireless headphones and for $25, it was worth a shot.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Anyone interested in an Amazon Echo? I put myself on a waiting list a while back but lost interest by the time the invite finally came a few days ago. I can get it half-price via Prime if anyone wants to get one and reimburse me. Invite is only good through tomorrow.
So did anyone definitively want this? Only a few hours left before the availability window expires for me.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnny Carwash wrote:
So did anyone definitively want this? Only a few hours left before the availability window expires for me.
Sure. Why not.