Deadspin

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Deadspin

Post by Nonlinear FC »

What a colossal shitshow.

I truly don't understand what these idiots were thinking, other than what some have suggested, that this was the plan all along.

Bizarre fucking times.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:33 pm What a colossal shitshow.

I truly don't understand what these idiots were thinking, other than what some have suggested, that this was the plan all along.

Bizarre fucking times.
Megan Greenwall, Barry Petchesky, and Tom Ley were on the 'Hang Up And Listen' podcast and talked at length about what happened.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:46 pm Maidment said in a note to staff Tuesday that he was pursuing an "entrepreneurial opportunity."
He probably means that he will be painting his mother's basement.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

@UnDeadspin on Twitter seems to be dedicated to promoting new work by former DS contributors.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I miss getting Deadspin's take on goofy things like Kevin Harlan providing the call of Football Cat, or Kyle Walker having to play keeper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

That entry for DJT Jr. should be hung in the Smithsonian.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Fuck that. Couldn't get past the tired Harden take.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:56 pm Fuck that. Couldn't get past the tired Harden take.
I know you’re close to the subject but he wasn’t saying Harden sucks but more than Harden is inconsequential and boring relative to his production (especially historically as referenced by the Jordan comp) and it’s kind of hard to argue with that. Watching Harden play is like watching UVA play. You appreciate the work involved but you can’t help thinking you wasted your time.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:35 pm
Giff wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:56 pm Fuck that. Couldn't get past the tired Harden take.
I know you’re close to the subject but he wasn’t saying Harden sucks but more than Harden is inconsequential and boring relative to his production (especially historically as referenced by the Jordan comp) and it’s kind of hard to argue with that. Watching Harden play is like watching UVA play. You appreciate the work involved but you can’t help thinking you wasted your time.
Yes, I've heard that argument a thousand times, hence the word tired. And the choker label is ridiculous as well unless we also want to stop talking about the Warriors as such a great dynasty.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Giff wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 am
Yes, I've heard that argument a thousand times, hence the word tired. And the choker label is ridiculous as well unless we also want to stop talking about the Warriors as such a great dynasty.
You don’t think it’s Harden’s fault that CP3 tore his hamstring in Game 5 of the WCF and that Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green shot a combined 1-19 in Game 7 of that series?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Joe K wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:25 am
Giff wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 am
You don’t think it’s Harden’s fault that CP3 tore his hamstring in Game 5 of the WCF and that Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green shot a combined 1-19 in Game 7 of that series?
But his shot got blocked that one time in San Antonio so he's a major choker, yo.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I definitely don't agree with the choker stuff. That's BS especially in a team sport. I accept the overall premise is all I'm saying.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:50 am Roth is so fucking good: A Unified Theory of the Trumps’ Creepy Aesthetic
I just read that. Agreed. Everything he does about Trump is incredible. I hope someone has given him a book deal.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:50 am Roth is so fucking good: A Unified Theory of the Trumps’ Creepy Aesthetic
Bonkers.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Those videos infuriate me. So obviously, dozens, maybe hundreds of people worked on those decorations. They may be a bit over the top, but they're pretty amazing and took a hell of a lot of work. Work that I'm sure Melania did almost none of. She probably approved some designs here and there, but you can be damn sure she wasn't putting up any trees or hanging stars.

And then after all these people do all of this work, they usher them the fuck out of there so that Melania can walk through - always alone - and pretend like she's just finishing up all this work she did.

Nothing sums up the disgusting world views of these people any better.
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Isn’t that view more “of course someone else did this but whoever they are doesn’t matter” and the other thems don’t even consider it a thing because that’s how life is done?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I mean...don't you guys get dressed in your sunday best and make a youtube video of you looking at your tree?

Peasants.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The writers are back for this weekend only on their pirate blog. Here is Magary's Super Bowl Preview
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Did you do this to tickle both* of my g-spots at the same time? Well played, sir.

*80’s jersey shore shit and NUFC Saudi takeover headline at the top.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

cerrano wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:25 pm
Did you do this to tickle both* of my g-spots at the same time? Well played, sir.

*80’s jersey shore shit and NUFC Saudi takeover headline at the top.
I've honestly never heard of it in this way before, all seedy and garish. (I hear you guys talk about it all the time but in my head it's just kind of a *New Jersey wanking motion New Jersey *).

But in the words of Liz Lemon, now I want to go to there.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Favorite mostly out-of-context quote from the article:
The text on the shirt reads “Heaven doesn’t want me — hell’s afraid I’ll take over.” Imagine how much funnier this shirt would be if it had Garfield on it.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

brian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:33 pm Favorite mostly out-of-context quote from the article:
The text on the shirt reads “Heaven doesn’t want me — hell’s afraid I’ll take over.” Imagine how much funnier this shirt would be if it had Garfield on it.
/r/imsorryjon
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

brian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:29 pmI've honestly never heard of it in this way before, all seedy and garish. (I hear you guys talk about it all the time but in my head it's just kind of a *New Jersey wanking motion New Jersey *).

It is, without question, the worst.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

mister d wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:27 pm
brian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:29 pmI've honestly never heard of it in this way before, all seedy and garish. (I hear you guys talk about it all the time but in my head it's just kind of a *New Jersey wanking motion New Jersey *).

It is, without question, the worst.
I think Sleazeside gives it a pretty good run for its money.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

After going to Asbury, we haven't gone to another beach except in January or February last year to the one that has the aquarium.