Fantasy Football Advice 2016

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

BSF21
The Dude

Re: Fantasy Football Advice 2016

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote:
BSF21 wrote:Flex coinflip: Golden Tate @ SEA or take a flyer on Victor Cruz lighting it up his first week back against BUF?
I'd opt for getting a free agent. I love Cruz, and have him stashed on one roster, but I can't see him contributing much his first game back, especially against a great D. Give Cruz a couple weeks, then hope he can contribute. Tate hasn't done much and SEA has SEA Def.
Good Call. It's a deep league but I like Marvin Jones against KC this week and it was an easy pickup.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I'm seriously considering starting Tyrod Taylor of Andrew Luck.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote:I'm seriously considering starting Tyrod Taylor of Andrew Luck.
I'll take Things I Never Would have Conceived Were Remotely Possible 4 Weeks Ago for $1000, Alex,
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I'm loving the Tyrod Taylor experience thus far, but the Jags have given up 10 tds and picked off 1. 318 ypg.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Pruitt wrote:
I'm loving the Tyrod Taylor experience thus far, but the Jags have given up 10 tds and picked off 1. 318 ypg.
Yeah. Picked Taylor up as insurance in case the shoulder is more serious than they are letting on, mostly.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Mallett was my best option, sadly.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I am a little concerned about how excited I was to pick up Derek Carr this week (especially since I was #7 in waiver priority order), considering how indifferent I was about him before the draft (he was filed under, let's call it, "well, maybe he's all right, but he's surrounded by mostly garbage, so I'm gonna put him in the undraftable pile").

Look the eff out, Sabo.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote:I am a little concerned about how excited I was to pick up Derek Carr this week (especially since I was #7 in waiver priority order), considering how indifferent I was about him before the draft (he was filed under, let's call it, "well, maybe he's all right, but he's surrounded by mostly garbage, so I'm gonna put him in the undraftable pile").

Look the eff out, Sabo.
I picked a helluva week to not have Brady as my QB.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:I am a little concerned about how excited I was to pick up Derek Carr this week (especially since I was #7 in waiver priority order), considering how indifferent I was about him before the draft (he was filed under, let's call it, "well, maybe he's all right, but he's surrounded by mostly garbage, so I'm gonna put him in the undraftable pile").

Look the eff out, Sabo.
I picked a helluva week to not have Brady as my QB.
And you weren't terrifically excited to keep him a few months ago.

Oh, and I keep winning that trade that sent him to you... or something.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote:Oh, and I keep winning that trade that sent him to you... or something.
Yeah, that worked out well for me.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Who is this Karlos Williams that I signed and should I play him over L. Murray or Forsett or Ivory if he plays???
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:Who is this Karlos Williams that I signed and should I play him over L. Murray or Forsett or Ivory if he plays???
Probably not a bad play, but I'd go L Murray.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

It's week four and the guy I am playing left Big Ben in the lineup. That's pretty early to stop caring.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote:
mister d wrote:Who is this Karlos Williams that I signed and should I play him over L. Murray or Forsett or Ivory if he plays???
Probably not a bad play, but I'd go L Murray.
I sat Forsett to go with Murray and Williams (and Charles). Totally worked out so far, like always.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

After losing a heartbreaking game last week during MNF (won't bore with details), I lost by 2 points to the perennial joke of the league, who is somehow 4-0. Looking at the scoreboard Thursday, I see his record at 3-1, then look at my record at 3-1 rather than 2-2. Last week's score is reversed. It looks like there was a change in scoring, switching a Latavious Murray (my RB) fumble to Derek Carr (his QB). Botched handoff? Quite a surprise, but I'll take it.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote:After losing a heartbreaking game last week during MNF (won't bore with details), I lost by 2 points to the perennial joke of the league, who is somehow 4-0. Looking at the scoreboard Thursday, I see his record at 3-1, then look at my record at 3-1 rather than 2-2. Last week's score is reversed. It looks like there was a change in scoring, switching a Latavious Murray (my RB) fumble to Derek Carr (his QB). Botched handoff? Quite a surprise, but I'll take it.
Yep. That one fucked me out of a win and into a tie last week. Fucking a.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Eddie Lacy can kiss my ass. I'm lucky I was able to pick up RBs that are actually doing stuff this season from the free agent list.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

My starters should include Marshawn Lynch, Steve Smith and Alshon Jeffery.

I scooped up Carlos Williams last week to help out at RB.

It's a friggin disaster.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

The Charles injury is going to make finishing in the money a lot harder for me...
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Johnnie wrote:Eddie Lacy can kiss my ass. I'm lucky I was able to pick up RBs that are actually doing stuff this season from the free agent list.

He was a slow starter last year as well. He than ripped off a number of huge games.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Somehow, Antonio Gates was on the waiver wire. Thanks to him, I won by 3 points this week.

Kamar Aiken, Matt Jones, Allen Robinson... a regular murderers row!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:Somehow, Antonio Gates was on the waiver wire. Thanks to him, I won by 3 points this week.

Kamar Aiken, Matt Jones, Allen Robinson... a regular murderers row!
I'm pretty sure I drafted him in the 16th round. I'm expecting him to get hurt in a couple of weeks, but figured it was worth the late flyer for 3 or 4 weeks. Even if he doesn't get hurt, I think he has 8 games in him before he wears down.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

You know, there are three or four tight ends who are worth treating better than kickers.

I don't think I have ever had a good one in all my years of Fantasy, so even if he lasts for a month, I am satisfied.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

He'll last a little longer than he typically does, he did have a month off already.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Looking at the available free agents in my 10 team league, the #1 and #8 QBs are still available in Dalton and Bortles. Blake Bortles is in the top 10? Damn. I just have no room with Ryan and Eli. Then you have a guy named Tyrod at #4, and Palmer at #5. I was high on Palmer this season, but not this high. Just waiting for him to get hurt to justify not drafting him.
-Pruitt
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

The Sybian wrote:Looking at the available free agents in my 10 team league, the #1 and #8 QBs are still available in Dalton and Bortles. Blake Bortles is in the top 10? Damn. I just have no room with Ryan and Eli. Then you have a guy named Tyrod at #4, and Palmer at #5. I was high on Palmer this season, but not this high. Just waiting for him to get hurt to justify not drafting him.
You like Eli better than Dalton? We disagree.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

It's a real coin toss - Ryan versus New Orleans or Palmer against the Steelers.

Honestly - whoever gets the most votes by end of day today will start as I have no clue.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:It's a real coin toss - Ryan versus New Orleans or Palmer against the Steelers.

Honestly - whoever gets the most votes by end of day today will start as I have no clue.
I'd go Palmer. I'm benching Ryan for Eli vs. the Eagles tonight. It sounds like Julio Jones is playing, but I don't trust his health on a short week.
-Pruitt
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

Right now, Dalton is playing like a top 5 QB. And the Steelers have a mediocre defense.

Ride that ginger pony.

Edit: Damn it! I should learn to read.

I still prefer Palmer to Ryan. But the difference is far less.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Yeah, probably the Devonte Freeman show again.

I'll slot in Palmer.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Darren Sproles vs. NY Giants or Lamar Miller at Tennessee?

Non-PPR league, 6 points for a TD and 1 point for every 10 yards rushing and receiving.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote:Darren Sproles vs. NY Giants or Lamar Miller at Tennessee?

Non-PPR league, 6 points for a TD and 1 point for every 10 yards rushing and receiving.
Anyone who wants to advise Sabo, please know that helping him lose will be looked upon fondly by Sybian and me.

Thanks.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Hasn't Lamar Miller been awful? Maybe that changes with the new guy, but maybe you run into more luck points with Sproles. Dunno. Bad choices.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

tennbengal wrote:Hasn't Lamar Miller been awful? Maybe that changes with the new guy, but maybe you run into more luck points with Sproles. Dunno. Bad choices.
I took Miller in the (I think) 3rd or 4th round.

Pure garbage this year so far, BUT I have a feeling the Dolphins are going to be a better team for at least the next couple of weeks. I'm starting him.

And Sproles is probably the most overrated fantasy guy out there. Maybe because announcers love him so much. You'd think that he and Woodhead have 8 pro bowls apiece.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Pruitt wrote:
tennbengal wrote:Hasn't Lamar Miller been awful? Maybe that changes with the new guy, but maybe you run into more luck points with Sproles. Dunno. Bad choices.

Pure garbage this year so far, BUT I have a feeling the Dolphins are going to be a better team for at least the next couple of weeks. I'm starting him.

And Sproles is probably the most overrated fantasy guy out there. Maybe because announcers love him so much. You'd think that he and Woodhead have 8 pro bowls apiece.
Shit, you mentioned Woodhead. Now Rush is going to be in here in a minute. C'mon man.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:

Anyone who wants to advise Sabo, please know that helping him lose will be looked upon fondly by Sybian and me.

Thanks.
Remember in the draft, when the site booted me out and you were kind enough to stop the draft and change my pick? Well fuck you. You should have stuck me with Devonta Freeman and not let me switch him out for CJ fucking Spiller. Despite not wanting Freeman, I almost kept him thinking he'd blow up if I begged out of that pick. I hate my team so much.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Pruitt wrote:

Sproles is one of those players you love to have if you're an NFL coach but hate to have for your fantasy team.

Let me clarify that I have Jeremy Hill and David Johnson slotted in as my starting RBs, but I'm trying to fill my RB/WR spot. In addition to Miller and Sproles, I also have Martavis Bryant as an option. But I'm not too keen on starting any Steelers' WRs until Roethlisberger starts playing again.

Miller has been a massive disappointment, but I know he'll get his share of touches. Sproles doesn't get nearly as many touches, and his value is further diminished because this isn't a PPR league. Also this league doesn't credit individuals for any return TDs, so if Sproles runs a punt back I get a whopping zero points for it. That's probably my only beef with this league.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:

Thanks.
Remember in the draft, when the site booted me out and you were kind enough to stop the draft and change my pick? Well fuck you. You should have stuck me with Devonta Freeman and not let me switch him out for CJ fucking Spiller. Despite not wanting Freeman, I almost kept him thinking he'd blow up if I begged out of that pick. I hate my team so much.
I've been waiting all season for something to happen for you to unleash a serious tirade on the site's message board.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I'd go with a free agent. Pick up Tennessee's backup RB.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Mike Wallace or Josh Brown today?