Rick Pitino's Career

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Rick Pitino's Career

Post by Joe K »

In serious jeopardy. Considering that the madam says that she has all kinds of photos and records documenting that Louisville players and recruits were given prostitutes, I don't see how he survives this (unless it's an incredibly elaborate hoax). I would also imagine that the 2013 title will be vacated, as a bunch of players on that team were supposedly given prostitutes.
Shirley
The Dude

Re: Rick Pitino's Career

Post by Shirley »

Wait, what? To the Googles! ...
Totally Kafkaesque
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

How about the tidbit that the shenanigans went on in the Basketball Dorm, Billy Minardi Hall, that is named after Pitino's deceased brother-in-law, who was killed on 9/11? Way to honor his memory!
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

DaveInSeattle wrote:How about the tidbit that the shenanigans went on in the Basketball Dorm, Billy Minardi Hall, that is named after Pitino's deceased brother-in-law, who was killed on 9/11? Way to honor his memory!
Pitino really is the greatest. I remember when he tried to say that no one should care about the Karen Sypher scandal because Ted Kennedy died.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Two good links to this story:

Indiana Business Journal (not sure why) - http://www.ibj.com/articles/55155-book- ... l-recruits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yahoo Sports - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/new-book-m ... 33537.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This does sound pretty bad for Pitino and Louisville. It certainly doesn't help that it's his second sex scandal. And of course, Louisville has a bit of a history.
Totally Kafkaesque
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

judging very superficially from the tone and body language of the louisville officials in the press conference, including Pitino, there seems to be some fire behind this smoke.

But the silly hypocrisy is just so not interesting for me. If providing sex for recruits is not a widespread practice, as well as all the other shit major college programs have routinely done since I was a child, that would be news.

eta: oh, now you have my attention. This woman pimped out her three daughters. That is a strong hand.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Please tell me Papa John is involved.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

How come the nickname "The 15 Second Man" never caught on?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pitin-Hos.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Shirley wrote:Two good links to this story:

Indiana Business Journal (not sure why) - http://www.ibj.com/articles/55155-book- ... l-recruits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Article said the publisher (IBJ Book Publishing) is a sister company of the Indiana Business Journal
Johnny Carwash wrote:Please tell me Papa John is involved.
Gotta figure he established a "Slipping the Sausage" fund at some point.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Please tell me Papa John is involved.
Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease I hope that's true.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I love stories where there is absolutely no incentive for anyone to tell the truth, and this is one.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

howard wrote:judging very superficially from the tone and body language of the louisville officials in the press conference, including Pitino, there seems to be some fire behind this smoke.
The fact that Pat Forde was the first to report on this upcoming book also suggests that there's something to these allegations. There's a widely-held perception among Kentucky fans that Forde is pro-Pitino and pro-Louisville to the point that it impacts his professionalism. (He lives in Louisville and has co-authored a book with Pitino.) I doubt that Forde would break such a salacious story about that program in particular unless he was pretty sure there was some truth to the allegations.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I'm pretty sure I remember Forde slaughtering Petrino way back when he cut out of town.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

As a Maryland Terp fan, I am sort of waiting for some news to break about Turj's recruiting. The Terps have been in competition for some big names and gotten a bunch of them. Never worried about this with Gary Williams, but now I just sort of fear news like this.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Terrence Williams chimes in:

http://www.scacchoops.com/luke-hancock- ... ll-scandal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a part of that. To Louisville I am f**king Elvis Presley. So why would I pay anybody for anything?

Motherf**kers pay me for pictures and handshakes. And that's not being cocky, 'cause I don't play around with my blessing. I'm very honored to be in that position in Louisville. Louisville is the greatest city, the fans are great, Rick Pitino is great.

And Rick Pitino, he's Rick Pitino! A Hall of Famer, a legend ... he don't need to buy any kid p*ssy to get him to commit to the University of Louisville. It's a privilege to play there.
Totally Kafkaesque
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Shirley wrote:Terrence Williams chimes in:
... he don't need to buy any kid p*ssy to get him to commit to the University of Louisville. It's a privilege to play there.
Well, that settles that. End of story.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Five former University of Louisville basketball players and recruits told Outside the Lines that they attended parties at a campus dorm from 2010 to 2014 that included strippers paid for by the team's former graduate assistant coach, Andre McGee.
OTL report
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Apparently OTL confirmed that texts to the madam came from Andre McGee. No way Pitino survives this; the only reason he hasn't resigned yet is that he is one of the most popular coaches with the national college basketball media. That may change now with the OTL report. I predict Pitino resigns or is fired by the end of October.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Saw the OTL piece this morning. One critical detail is that the last time this woman put together a "party" for McGee, he wasn't even still employed by Louisville! He was already at UM-KC (I think). Obviously he wasn't doing this out of the goodness of his heart. Someone else at Louisville knew that McGee threw these parties and that someone else was clearly paying for them through McGee. And I guess McGee was getting a big enough cut that he was willing to do this even after he had left the school.

The whole department is going down with this.
Totally Kafkaesque
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

New recruiting video:

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A booster will take the fall, probably not even the booster who really funded the parties, and Pitino will be spared.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.