NFL Week 7

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 7

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I wonder how often Greg Hardy has played on the kickoff coverage team.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Howard understands.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

howard wrote:I agree with bengal. If I was watching the league this year and had an interest (betting or otherwise) in the game I would've been annoyed at having to stream what should be a nationally televised game. If I had paid for Direct Ticket and still had to stream this, I would've been fucking pissed off.

I clearly remember when I first met Bengal, about ten years ago. At the time, the best platform for out of town MLB baseball radio was Sirius Satellite radio. My friends teased me because I had this setup, with wires going everywhere for the antenna, the cig lighter power, and the cassette deck adapter. Especially when I would load it all into a rental car or a friend's car for a road trip.

Bengal had the same setup. We get in his car, and he pulls out the player and all the wires, starts hooking it up so we could hear the Reds game during the drive. I knew I had met a kindred spirit.
So TB would go through all that to listen to a Reds game on the radio, but won't spend $3.33 on a cord and plug it into a TV?

BTW, I was half joke-trolling and half legitimately giving links to adapters. If I had Sunday Ticket, I'd be pissed, too. I regularly stream games from NBC, ESPN and NFL Network to watch on my computer, and may have watched a game or two on streams from Europe, China and especially Russia, so it doesn't bother me. Except the one time I was watching an Arsenal match on a feed from China, and they changed the channel. On the plus side, I discovered my favorite Chinese daytime drama, 瑞克·卷.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote:On the plus side, I discovered my favorite Chinese daytime drama, 瑞克·卷.
Gay joke! How progressive of you!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

NFL refs suck so bad. If a play finishes and you never saw a fumble; you can't just call a fumble because the kicking team has the ball. Unless you see a fumble, you have to give Baltimore the benefit of the doubt and let the replay take care of it from there.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Why can't gruden say something horribly racist
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Rex wrote:Why can't gruden say something horribly racist
That'd solve a lot of problems.

In other announcer news, Sam Rosen may just be the ugliest man on television who is not on a TLC show.

He also looks like a number of the older men in my family.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Refs were not why Baltimore lost last night, I suppose, but holy fuck, that was a shit show, even for the NFL.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

rass wrote:
The Sybian wrote:On the plus side, I discovered my favorite Chinese daytime drama, 瑞克·卷.
Gay joke! How progressive of you!
There's nothing gay about wanting to fuck a dude from China.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This is a racial slur away from being a 100/100 summary of why I stopped being an Eagles fan ...

Source: Deadspin
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

tennbengal wrote:Refs were not why Baltimore lost last night, I suppose, but holy fuck, that was a shit show, even for the NFL.
Regarding the Chris Johnson play, yes his momentum was stopped momentarily but if Harbaugh hasn't taught his guys to play through the whistle, that's on him.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Jerloma wrote:
tennbengal wrote:Refs were not why Baltimore lost last night, I suppose, but holy fuck, that was a shit show, even for the NFL.
Regarding the Chris Johnson play, yes his momentum was stopped momentarily but if Harbaugh hasn't taught his guys to play through the whistle, that's on him.
I guess. But if they hit the fuck out of Johnson while he is helpless and held, that is a penalty. That's on the officials.
Last edited by tennbengal on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

tennbengal wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
I guess. But if they hit the fuck out of Johnson while he helpless and held, that is a penalty. That's on the officials.
I knew something bugged me about that play and that's probably it. If a DB comes flying in there and hits Johnson (legally, not like helmet to helmet or something) i'd almost bet it would be a personal foul.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian wrote:
tennbengal wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
I guess. But if they hit the fuck out of Johnson while he helpless and held, that is a penalty. That's on the officials.
I knew something bugged me about that play and that's probably it. If a DB comes flying in there and hits Johnson (legally, not like helmet to helmet or something) i'd almost bet it would be a personal foul.
I wouldn't doubt it. In that case, the grievance would be totally legit.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

aaaaaaand Ryan Mallet is going to be pissed when he wakes up this morning, he's been released by the Texans.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Looking forward to Mallett starting for the Broncos circa Week 12.

Also, I'm increasingly convinced that Bill O'Brien chiseled that cleft in his chin himself in order to look more stereotypically manly.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote:
brian wrote:
tennbengal wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
I wouldn't doubt it. In that case, the grievance would be totally legit.
It's still a legitimate grievance though because there's a chilling effect on the way teams are able to play defense these days as possibly evidenced by that play. You can only hit the QB at the waist and god forbid if you push him out of bounds while he still has two feet inbounds because it's an automatic PF. The NFL has done a fantastic job of legislating almost all of the fun and the common sense out of the game. What's a catch? What's not a catch? Who the hell knows? What's a late hit? What's not a late hit? Who the hell knows. It's frustrating.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Looking forward to Mallett starting for the Broncos circa Week 12.
Not that I want to make a choice, but I'll take Brock Osweiller over Mallett.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Still not sure why Bill O'Brien is employed.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rush2112 wrote:aaaaaaand Ryan Mallet is going to be pissed when he wakes up this morning, he's been released by the Texans.
Did they make him fly commercial on the way home, too?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:This is a racial slur away from being a 100/100 summary of why I stopped being an Eagles fan ...

Christ - at least Bills fans are happy drunks.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Most objectionable thing about that video: portrait mode.

I was once at a restaurant in Montpelier, VT, of all places, where a group of Philly fans had congregated around the bar to watch a Flyers game. One of the most unsettlingly antisocial groups of life forms I've ever encountered. They were hostile even when then Flyers did something good--no joy at all, more of a "fucking finally" reaction.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Pruitt wrote:
mister d wrote:This is a racial slur away from being a 100/100 summary of why I stopped being an Eagles fan ...

Christ - at least Bills fans are happy drunks.
That was fantastic. He sounded like an angry 12-year-old.
Totally Kafkaesque