Les Miles' coaching career at LSU

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Les Miles' coaching career at LSU

Post by brian »

According to reports.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Re: Les Miles' coaching career at LSU

Post by Brontoburglar »

the fake twitter accounts?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I get that Miles is a quirky dude who has taken a few strange risks over the years, but I find the idea of running him off comical. Take a step back and look at how good LSU has been over his years there. They've been in the national picture nearly every year. And that's during a time when he's had to compete with Alabama (multiple NCs) in his same Auburn (one NC) division and Florida (one NC) in his conference.

Yeah, he took over from Saban and inherited a strong program, but he's pretty much maintained it. It's not like LSU was a regular power in the decades before Saban got there.

I see this as similar to Nebraska pushing out Frank Solich. How did that work out?
Totally Kafkaesque
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Shirley wrote:I get that Miles is a quirky dude who has taken a few strange risks over the years, but I find the idea of running him off comical. Take a step back and look at how good LSU has been over his years there. They've been in the national picture nearly every year. And that's during a time when he's had to compete with Alabama (multiple NCs) in his same Auburn (one NC) division and Florida (one NC) in his conference.

Yeah, he took over from Saban and inherited a strong program, but he's pretty much maintained it. It's not like LSU was a regular power in the decades before Saban got there.

I see this as similar to Nebraska pushing out Frank Solich. How did that work out?
Exactly. One of the local radio guys around here used to always say "Don't get tired of winning".
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Shirley wrote:I see this as similar to Nebraska pushing out Frank Solich. How did that work out?
Considering he's turned around an otherwise awful Ohio Bobcats program (despite not winning a conference championship), it's turned out very well from my point of view!
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!