Fantasy Football Advice 2016

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

tennbengal
The Dude

Re: Fantasy Football Advice 2016

Post by tennbengal »

I think you all should double down and expand to a 32 team league.
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

The Sybian wrote:How do most leagues score a TD fumble recovery by an offensive player, like Randall Cobb this week? Didn't count in my leagues, some debate arose.
Should not count unless "Fumble Recovery TD" is in the previously agreed upon scoring system.

How did you guys deal with the situation when Julio Jones had a similar TD earlier in the year?
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

If we could have gotten 2 more people (and people to sign up more than 3 days in advance) we could have easily done two leagues...but because many of you clowns can't seem to sign up when the league is renewed in June it is a fight to get the league organized. So very simply...SIGN UP Early...and don't say...I won't play if it is not on the site I like....and we can get back to 14 team leagues with promotion and relegation (and leave anyone out who wants to play).

Also you try finding a draft time that works for people on both coasts and the UK.
Also if you think autodrafting in a snake draft stinks...how do you think an auction draft will work if the draft time does not work for you.

Quit your complaining
pretend you know something about sports (or frogs)
learn how to handle a more complicated league where add/drops really make a difference and hedging your bets is important

I will hang up and listen over the air
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Less bench spots. Problem helped.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

A_B wrote:Less bench spots. Problem helped.
Very valid...still would rather get to 14 teams
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

wlu_lax6 wrote:If we could have gotten 2 more people (and people to sign up more than 3 days in advance) we could have easily done two leagues...but because many of you clowns can't seem to sign up when the league is renewed in June it is a fight to get the league organized. So very simply...SIGN UP Early...and don't say...I won't play if it is not on the site I like....and we can get back to 14 team leagues with promotion and relegation (and leave anyone out who wants to play).

Also you try finding a draft time that works for people on both coasts and the UK.
Also if you think autodrafting in a snake draft stinks...how do you think an auction draft will work if the draft time does not work for you.

Quit your complaining
learn how to handle a more complicated league where add/drops really make a difference and hedging your bets is important

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the work that goes into organizing it. I commished a league for the first time this year, and its complicated enough with 12 people that live no more than a half hour from each other.

My sole point was 20 teams + 2 spots for QB doesn't work out so great. Only 32 guys start every Sunday. You should be able to start someone at every position that has an assurance of playing time. I don't get huffy at having to play a 3rd string back who might only play at the goal line or a WR3, but looking at a matchup and knowing you have to give away the QB spot doesn't make for a very fun league.

Just my .02
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I'm going to continue not playing on sites I don't like. It's been wonderful this year.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote:If we could have gotten 2 more people (and people to sign up more than 3 days in advance) we could have easily done two leagues...but because many of you clowns can't seem to sign up when the league is renewed in June it is a fight to get the league organized. So very simply...SIGN UP Early...and don't say...I won't play if it is not on the site I like....and we can get back to 14 team leagues with promotion and relegation (and leave anyone out who wants to play).

Quit your complaining

I missed the draft last year because I requested several times to be taken off the rolls. Weeks in advance. When I got an e-mail from Yahoo! with my shitbag roster, I played out the season to avoid ruining it for everyone else. If I knew 2 leagues was an option, I would have stayed in.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Next year, I suggest we stop after 14 people register. Then, if more want to play, one of them can set up the second league.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Agreed if we can pull it the following folks will be bumped from the Bensell Premiership down to the Unknown Championship

Powered by Jim Beam
KWG
Vinnie's Genius team
Reaper
TT 2.0hnohedidnt
Fightin2112s
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

My starting quarterbacks were

Peyton Manning
Johnny Manziel
EJ Manuel
Nick Foles
Case Keenum
Empty (on the final week when I won to clinch a playoff spot)

Thank god half the league stopped paying attention in October
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I just won my playoff game 149-146.5, and the guy I beat had Tannehill and Landry (who got 99 yards).I won by a single yard!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

An idiot in one of my leagues started Jeremy Hill over Lamar Miller, costing him 19 points in a 4 point loss. Both teams shit the bed horribly, so it's a shame one of them had to advance.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Devilfluff just knocked me out of the playoffs in our longtime league with Beckham's 87 yard score. I had a 41 point cushion while he had ODB and Asshole Tannehill. It didn't last.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pruitt wrote:I just won my playoff game 149-146.5, and the guy I beat had Tannehill and Landry (who got 99 yards).I won by a single yard!
I was playing Landry in a bonus points league where pretty much any play could have killed me if he'd scored in the 4th quarter. I was sweating bullets!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:
Pruitt wrote:I just won my playoff game 149-146.5, and the guy I beat had Tannehill and Landry (who got 99 yards).I won by a single yard!
I was playing Landry in a bonus points league where pretty much any play could have killed me if he'd scored in the 4th quarter. I was sweating bullets!
I had Miller, so the fact that he had only a couple of carries in the second half had me swearing at the tv.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote:An idiot in one of my leagues started Jeremy Hill over Lamar Miller, costing him 19 points in a 4 point loss. Both teams shit the bed horribly, so it's a shame one of them had to advance.
At least I made the playoffs, Syb!
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote:
The Sybian wrote:An idiot in one of my leagues started Jeremy Hill over Lamar Miller, costing him 19 points in a 4 point loss. Both teams shit the bed horribly, so it's a shame one of them had to advance.
True, I'm just a bitter fuck. So glad I can put this team to bed, but depressed about my keeper options for next year.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote:
Sabo wrote:
True, I'm just a bitter fuck. So glad I can put this team to bed, but depressed about my keeper options for next year.
Trust me, I'm bitter too for starting Hill over Miller. I made that move because Hill's had a pretty strong showing in his last three games, while Miller's done squat. But I can also blame my loss on Amari Cooper and Tyler Eifert, who combined for a whopping four points. At least Eifert has an excuse for his poor outing since he suffered a concussion.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

With Dalton out, I need to make a QB pickup this week. I have Eli, but I don't like him against the Panthers. My best free agent options:

Stafford v. Saints. Can I trust Stafford in a playoff game? The Saints are fuckawful against the pass, but Stafford?
Fitzpatrick v. Cowboys. Fitz has put up 3 straight big games, but against weak defenses. Dallas has been very solid against QBs. Just a bump in
weeks 3-5.
Tyrod v. Redskins. Meh, like my other options better.

What say the collective Swamp wisdom? I'm leaning Stafford. Saints D sucks, Lions have no run game, and Saints should put up points.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I think Eli.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I think Stafford or Fitzpatrick over Eli v. Panthers.

And this concludes my contribution to this thread until next August. Fuck everything about this god awful game.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giants are in must win mode and will probably be playing catchup. Plus he has the best receiver int he league on his team.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
Sabo wrote:
Trust me, I'm bitter too for starting Hill over Miller. I made that move because Hill's had a pretty strong showing in his last three games, while Miller's done squat. But I can also blame my loss on Amari Cooper and Tyler Eifert, who combined for a whopping four points. At least Eifert has an excuse for his poor outing since he suffered a concussion.
Yes, what a shame that I should advance with Todd Gurley's 29 points on my bench when I had Brandin Cooks' 29 yards in my flex spot.

Oh, and Syb, had you not been swept by me this season, it could have been you benefiting from Sabo's bad fortune.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote:Giants are in must win mode and will probably be playing catchup. Plus he has the best receiver int he league on his team.
A lot of teams have been playing catchup against the Panthers this year.

You just made me a liar.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Yes, what a shame that I should advance with Todd Gurley's 29 points on my bench when I had Brandin Cooks' 29 yards in my flex spot.

Oh, and Syb, had you not been swept by me this season, it could have been you benefiting from Sabo's bad fortune.
Despite Sabo's embarrassing performance, I probably would have lost to him this week.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Sybian wrote: What say the collective Swamp wisdom? I'm leaning Stafford. Saints D sucks, Lions have no run game, and Saints should put up points.
Stafford or Eli. Panthers have some injuries in the secondary.
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

I would go with Stafford due to the tasty matchup.

Eli's is much more likely to put up a stinker than the other options. I would avoid him.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Keg wrote:I would go with Stafford due to the tasty matchup.

Eli's is much more likely to put up a stinker than the other options. I would avoid him.

Maybe historically but Eli has really only had two, maybe three, games you could call stinkers this year. I's say Stafford has 4 or 5. Fitzpatrick in about same boat as Eli.
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

A_B wrote:
Keg wrote:I would go with Stafford due to the tasty matchup.

Maybe historically but Eli has really only had two, maybe three, games you could call stinkers this year. I's say Stafford has 4 or 5. Fitzpatrick in about same boat as Eli.
How many times have the Saints DEF been burned this year?

How about the Panthers?
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote: Yes, what a shame that I should advance with Todd Gurley's 29 points on my bench when I had Brandin Cooks' 29 yards in my flex spot.

Despite Sabo's embarrassing performance, I probably would have lost to him this week.
I actually started looking up playoff game scores in our league to send Stick a note on "lowest-winning score in a playoff game since..." for his column this week.

Then I saw that last year's third-place game was even worse.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote:
The Sybian wrote:

I actually started looking up playoff game scores in our league to send Stick a note on "lowest-winning score in a playoff game since..." for his column this week.
Salt, meet wound.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Don't fuck this one up for me boys ...

Scoring: PPR, bonuses for big plays and 100+ yards.

QB: Phil Rivers (MIA), Alex Smith (@ BAL)

TE: Reed (BUF), Gates (MIA)

Flex: 3 RB + 3 WR or 2 RB + 4 WR
RB: Ivory (@ DAL), West (@BAL), L. Murray (GB), Allen (KC), Bolden (TEN)
WR: Cobb (GB), Bryant (DEN), Cooks (DET), J. Brown (@ PHI)

Right now I'm going Rivers, Reed, Ivory, West and the 4 WR.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I think I would do the same.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Pruitt wrote:I think I would do the same.
I would switch to Smith over Rivers. Smith has been playing much better than Rivers over the last month (three shitty games in his last four for Rivers) and also picks up cheap yards on the ground.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

How much do I have to worry about a KC tank that kills me (Smith + West)?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

[accidental deletion]
Last edited by The Sybian on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Semifinals loom...

RB: Miller, West, Fozzy Whitaker and the injured Karlos Williams and 1st round pick(!) Marshawn Lynch)

WR: Alshon Jeffery, Allen Robinson, John Brown, Kamar Aiken and the awful Davante Adams

Miller, West, Robinson are no brainers.

Jeffery is banged up, but I still may play him.

So if Jeffery can play, my dilemma is: Whitaker, Aiken or Brown?
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Pruitt wrote:Semifinals loom...

RB: Miller, West, Fozzy Whitaker and the injured Karlos Williams and 1st round pick(!) Marshawn Lynch)

WR: Alshon Jeffery, Allen Robinson, John Brown, Kamar Aiken and the awful Davante Adams

Miller, West, Robinson are no brainers.

Jeffery is banged up, but I still may play him.

So if Jeffery can play, my dilemma is: Whitaker, Aiken or Brown?
Brown. Philly can't cover anyone.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Made the finals!