Fantasy Football Advice 2016

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Fantasy Football Advice 2016

Post by The Sybian »

The Sybian wrote:On to more important topics, who is my #3 WR? Mike Evans (StL), Golden Tate (NO), or Allen Hurns (Atl)?

I have Alshon Jeffery starting, but he is listed as questionable. Hurns is also listed as Q, but he practiced today and is expected to go. My fear is both guys sitting, and Evans going tonight, leaving me no options to sub in. The TB passing game has been pretty bad of late, and StL is a good pass defense, but with Vincent Jackson out, Evans will get 10+ targets. Tate has been good the last couple of weeks, and they play NO. Hurns has been a beast when healthy.
Fuck all of you for not responding. Last minute, I pulled Evans for Hurns. I was happy with that at halftime on Thursday, but Evans' 17 targets and 30 minutes of garbage time Rams defense gave him a hell of a second half. Didn't think it'd matter, as I was getting killed out of the gate, but Antonio Brown made it close. Unless Stafford has the game of his life, I'm done. I hate the guy I am playing against, and he is a fucking idiot, which makes it worse. Back in law school, I have never been closer to killing someone as I was to killing this guy when i was stuck with him as a moot court partner, and our joint effort was a substantial part of my clinic grade. I still have slight murderous thoughts about him.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'm fucking absurd this year. I may have the greatest team ever assembled. I'm up in cumulative points by 500 over the 2nd place guy and on to the Super Bowl after a 260 point output over the weekend.

Remember when Brian gave me shit for drafting AB at 1.5?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:
Remember when Brian gave me shit for drafting AB at 1.5?
No. I kept Brown as a 1st rounder. Keeper leagues definitely decreases the value of a first round draft, but I would have had no problem taking him that early in a non-keeper PPR league.

One dude dominated my league this year, opening 9-0 and finishing 11-2 with more points than any other team by a long shot. He ended up losing 172-71 yesterday to a guy who opened at 0-6, went to 2-6, then finished with a 5 game win streak to get the last wildcard on a tie breaker. Previous high score this year was 158. The week of the trade deadline, he announced he gave up and offered his whole team for potential keepers for next year. Sometimes I hate this game.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

He went undrafted in our league because everyone thought he was a very bad football player. J-Lo sniffed this one out early.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Just won my pool - and am stunned.

Guy I was up against had Roethlisberger, Brown and Bryant... what are the odds they'd get shut down in Baltimore?

Won by 10.points. Crazy thing is that of the 9 starters on my team today,only one - Carson Palmer - was drafted by me. Crazy.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/boxscorequ ... sion=quick
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."