2016 NFC Playoffs

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: 2016 NFC Playoffs

Post by Gunpowder »

HaulCitgo wrote:Cheerleader really should have kicked that fg at the end of the first half.

Is Pete Carroll the cheerleader in this instance? Not going to give you shit if so, just has parallels to things I read from Steeler fans.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Panthers by at least 14.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

On a related note - remember how close Ron Rivera came to being fired back in 2013?

He is now called "Riverboat Ron" without a hint of sarcasm. But a couple of years ago, he was more reviled for his conservatism than Mike Smith. Any other coaches turn their reputation around as quickly as Rivera?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Pruitt wrote:On a related note - remember how close Ron Rivera came to being fired back in 2013?

He is now called "Riverboat Ron" without a hint of sarcasm. But a couple of years ago, he was more reviled for his conservatism than Mike Smith. Any other coaches turn their reputation around as quickly as Rivera?
Belichick? Did anyone think that guy would turn into a great coach after his Cleveland stint?

e: Has Simmons tentatively removed Rivera from the list of NFL coaches he thinks he could outcoach yet? That would bring him down to about 20.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnny Carwash wrote:
Pruitt wrote:On a related note - remember how close Ron Rivera came to being fired back in 2013?

Belichick? Did anyone think that guy would turn into a great coach after his Cleveland stint?
There were extenuating circumstances - he did get the Browns to the playoffs in 94, followed by a season that imploded when it became obvious the Browns were moving.

AND after that, he spent 4 more years as an assistant. What's remarkable about Rivera is that he seemed to completely change in the middle of a season.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Rivera's teams have a nasty Mike Smith-ian habit of going up big and letting teams come back on them, though. Hope it's just coincidence but they've almost been burned a few times this year.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

brian wrote:I'm on Arizona +3 and NE -3.
Me too
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Gunpowder wrote:
Joe K wrote:Arizona is a better team than Green Bay (especially with all of GB's injuries at WR), and likely would've won by double digits if not for the Palmer INTs. But I still can't get over those two Rodgers throws on the game-tying drive. The Hail Mary has understandably gotten more attention, but the throw on 4th and 20 was also unbelievable. He threw a 60 yard pass, on a line, into a hole in the zone that wasn't that big. And I wonder how many other right-handed QBs in the history of the sport would've been able to throw a ball 60 yards, while running left and falling backward, like Rodgers did on the Hail Mary.

What about the Palmer dropped INTs and the TD he threw off a dude's arm?

It's Carson Palmer and he throws INTs. That's one of the main reasons I don't love them.
If Palmer plays like that again this week, Carolina probably wins big. But from what I've seen of him his year, he hasn't been that turnover prone considering how many big plays they make in the passing game. I think Carolina wins this week, and probably covers, but an Arizona win certainly wouldn't shock me.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Arizona is good enough to win under the anything can happen rule, but I don't get why Carolina isn't a much bigger favorite here. They've won 21 of 23 games, 12 in a row at home. AZ had 1 good road win all season - granted that there are only about 6 teams in the whole league that you could get excited about beating.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Pruitt wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:

There were extenuating circumstances - he did get the Browns to the playoffs in 94, followed by a season that imploded when it became obvious the Browns were moving.

AND after that, he spent 4 more years as an assistant. What's remarkable about Rivera is that he seemed to completely change in the middle of a season.
A recent JoePoz column addresses this: http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/ron-ri ... -panthers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Arizona and Carolina are essentially mirror images of each other. They score a lot of points on offense, well-balance on offense, CAR running game is better, but Arizona WRs are vastly better. Carolina a little better on defense. This might be one of the best conference championship games in quite some time.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ryan wrote:Arizona is good enough to win under the anything can happen rule, but I don't get why Carolina isn't a much bigger favorite here. They've won 21 of 23 games, 12 in a row at home. AZ had 1 good road win all season - granted that there are only about 6 teams in the whole league that you could get excited about beating.
Arizona won 13 out of 16 in a much better division. I fail to see how Carolina is vastly better.

Vegas lines generally ascribe an automatic 3 points to a home team so this would be a pickem game on a neutral site which sounds about right.
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

I took Arizona to win the SB at 14-1 odds earlier in the year.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Arizona lost to Mike Vick and Landry Jones on the road. I think Panthers get up 92-0 at half and win 92-80.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote:
Ryan wrote:Arizona is good enough to win under the anything can happen rule, but I don't get why Carolina isn't a much bigger favorite here. They've won 21 of 23 games, 12 in a row at home. AZ had 1 good road win all season - granted that there are only about 6 teams in the whole league that you could get excited about beating.
Arizona won 13 out of 16 in a much better division. I fail to see how Carolina is vastly better.

Vegas lines generally ascribe an automatic 3 points to a home team so this would be a pickem game on a neutral site which sounds about right.

Much better? The Seahawks and 2 shit teams. And the Cards only beat Seattle twice.

The Rams are a good bad team but this ain't 2013's NFC West. NFC West and AFC North split this year, and I'm sure that was not expected going into the season.

EDIT: Alright, Carolina's schedule was pretty bad. But I don't think Arizona is very good and I'm glad to see how many people are still riding them this week.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

This is kind of from left field, but last week Seattle had huge problems with traction on the turf, and Carolina did not. It was a factor in Carolina getting that big lead. I hope Arizona has that figured out this week, so it is "a level playing field", so to speak.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

sancarlos wrote:This is kind of from left field, but last week Seattle had huge problems with traction on the turf, and Carolina did not. It was a factor in Carolina getting that big lead. I hope Arizona has that figured out this week, so it is "a level playing field", so to speak.
That speaks to a lack of preparation by Seattle -- it's not like Carolina practiced on the BoA Stadium field all week and the first time Seattle was on it was at kickoff.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Keg wrote:I took Arizona to win the SB at 14-1 odds earlier in the year.
Fingers crossed for you. Hope you were smart and bet at least $20,000.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote:
Keg wrote:I took Arizona to win the SB at 14-1 odds earlier in the year.
Fingers crossed for you. Hope you were smart and bet at least $20,000.
And then hedge the Super Bowl!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Brontoburglar wrote:
sancarlos wrote:This is kind of from left field, but last week Seattle had huge problems with traction on the turf, and Carolina did not. It was a factor in Carolina getting that big lead. I hope Arizona has that figured out this week, so it is "a level playing field", so to speak.
That speaks to a lack of preparation by Seattle -- it's not like Carolina practiced on the BoA Stadium field all week and the first time Seattle was on it was at kickoff.
I read somewhere that BofA stadium was resodded to more closely resemble the surface at the Panther's practice facility.

And Seattle has shared this information with Arizona.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
I read somewhere that BofA stadium was resodded to more closely resemble the surface at the Panther's practice facility.

It was also resodded after the Belk Bowl (for obvious reasons) and it rained a lot before the game. But it's the NFL, so why not the conspiracy theory.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Brontoburglar wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:

It was also resodded after the Belk Bowl (for obvious reasons) and it rained a lot before the game. But it's the NFL, so why not the conspiracy theory.
I didn't mean to imply I thought anything nefarious was afoot. Just that I'd rather not see issues like footing be an issue in the game.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pun!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

sancarlos wrote: I didn't mean to imply I thought anything nefarious was afoot. Just that I'd rather not see issues like footing be an issue in the game.
10-4. It just was annoying (and I had no care about who won that game) to hear all the talk about the Seahawks' footing.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I think they are 16-1 not 10-4.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

A_B wrote:I think they are 16-1 not 10-4.
I loved that meme midway through the season that the Panthers weren't undefeated.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Shirley Rerun,

Is there a way to figure out how to embed these high MB gifs from this site? They're functionally the same as a Vine. You'd press a play button.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Just put the link to sign up for Twitter
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So...super smart. Just saying.