Its Name Is Jonas

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Its Name Is Jonas

Post by The Sybian »

Fucking snow blower was taking forever to start. then the chord snapped. I've never been this sore in my life, primarily in muscles I didn't know existed. On the plus side, I replaced the chord, put the machine back together and finally got it working.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote:...was taking forever to start. then the chord snapped. I've never been this sore in my life, primarily in muscles I didn't know existed. On the plus side, I replaced the chord, put the machine back together and finally got it working.
Must be an old school Sybian to still have a pull chord.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sucks man. Of course it's a weekend when we have a near rechord snow fall.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Schools closed again tomorrow, specifically due to road conditions.

I was mocking (to my wife, offline) the people whining on local forums because they roads hadn't been plowed Saturday evening (it was still snowing, where the fuck do you need to be), but as it continued last night (mine were done at around 3PM yesterday) through today, and now a second day of school cancelled, sometimes whiners are right. It's a lot of snow, but shit man.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A lot of 1.5 lane roads out there this morning. What a mess.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Instances like this kinda make me think "What if this happened on election day?"
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:Schools closed again tomorrow, specifically due to road conditions.

I was mocking (to my wife, offline) the people whining on local forums because they roads hadn't been plowed Saturday evening (it was still snowing, where the fuck do you need to be), but as it continued last night (mine were done at around 3PM yesterday) through today, and now a second day of school cancelled, sometimes whiners are right. It's a lot of snow, but shit man.
My first couple of years in NJ, I was shocked by how bad most towns are with clearing the roads. It's probably not fair comparing to Upstate NY and Buffalo, but damn. There is no excuse for delayed openings 3 days after the storm. what really sucks is we've had much more snow than my parents almost every year, which just shouldn't happen. Besides being in the snow belt, they live at the top of a hill, so they get accumulation when the bottom of the hill doesn't.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote:Instances like this kinda make me think "What if this happened on election day?"
Snow would be removed from nice suburbs directly into poorer areas.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Prob never gonna get my street plowed - so left the house this morning and walked to work - 5.1 miles from my house to downtown as it turns out. Took about an hour and forty five - mostly could be on sidewalks but some having to use streets and had to scramble over a few mounds of snow.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian wrote:My first couple of years in NJ, I was shocked by how bad most towns are with clearing the roads.
"WHY AREN'T MY ROADS PLOWED???" > "WHY DID WE PAY SO MUCH OVERTIME FOR SNOW REMOVAL???"
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

School is closed again tomorrow. Little pissed now, as some other towns in the area were open today (with delay) and even more are open tomorrow...
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:
The Sybian wrote:My first couple of years in NJ, I was shocked by how bad most towns are with clearing the roads.
"WHY AREN'T MY ROADS PLOWED???" > "WHY DID WE PAY SO MUCH OVERTIME FOR SNOW REMOVAL???"

Probably budget more for it, have more and better equipment, and have a better plan. BH has pickup trucks plows. My town, at least when I was a kid, and the ginourmous orange trucks you see on the highways here, with a huge salt spreader on the back.

ETA: Looks like this is the current model. About the same. Beats the fuck out of a pickup truck.

-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Indiana DOT don't fuck around.

12 foot high rotary snow plow train.

-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

tennbengal wrote:Prob never gonna get my street plowed - so left the house this morning and walked to work - 5.1 miles from my house to downtown as it turns out. Took about an hour and forty five - mostly could be on sidewalks but some having to use streets and had to scramble over a few mounds of snow.

Good god. No work from home options?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

rass wrote:School is closed again tomorrow. Little pissed now, as some other towns in the area were open today (with delay) and even more are open tomorrow...
holy shit. we were in normal time today. (maybe should have been a delay, but whatevs.) a lot melted today.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

cerrano wrote:
rass wrote:School is closed again tomorrow. Little pissed now, as some other towns in the area were open today (with delay) and even more are open tomorrow...
holy shit. we were in normal time today. (maybe should have been a delay, but whatevs.) a lot melted today.
No shit.

What the town didn't cancel was a council meeting last night, which apparently got pretty heated. From what my wife could glean from FB, the head of DPW fell on the sword (or said fuck this?) and resigned at some point this week. School is cancelled again today because nobody went to the school board to get a map of school bus stops throughout town so they never got cleared.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The worst part of this might be that the people who on Saturday evening, while the storm was still going on, were whining that their streets hadn't been plowed are acting like this continuing debacle completely vindicates their bitchiness.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

rass wrote:The worst part of this might be that the people who on Saturday evening, while the storm was still going on, were whining that their streets hadn't been plowed are acting like this continuing debacle completely vindicates their bitchiness.
In my brief time back in Syracuse, I have found that the worst thing about bad winter weather is people complaining about it. In other words, as always, people are the worst.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”