2016 Presidential Race

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

tennbengal
The Dude

Re: 2016 Presidential Race

Post by tennbengal »

Cruz scares me. Truly. Trump I think is bark but not so much bite. Cruz? Vicious as fuck.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

What is this coin toss bullstuff? I want to live in a country that decides such momentous issues with rock/paper/scissors.

This does not make Hillary look good. Hence, I love it.

eta:

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote:Remind me to never go to Iowa - 2008-Huckabee, 2012-Santorum, 2016-Cruz...

That's pretty much a pattern, a troika of sanctimonious human garbage.
Believe me, you're not missing anything. Iowa City's a pretty decent college town. The rest of the state is a wasteland.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

tennbengal wrote:Cruz scares me. Truly. Trump I think is bark but not so much bite. Cruz? Vicious as fuck.
A sociopath who might get elected to a position where he can take it out on the entire world.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

brian wrote:
Pruitt wrote:Remind me to never go to Iowa - 2008-Huckabee, 2012-Santorum, 2016-Cruz...

That's pretty much a pattern, a troika of sanctimonious human garbage.
Believe me, you're not missing anything. Iowa City's a pretty decent college town. The rest of the state is a wasteland.
Des Moines isn't bad. It's not Honolulu or NYC, but it's surprisingly nice for the middle of nowhere.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Carson, being a doctor and all, decided to use his time in Iowa last night to diagnose church/state separation advocates. Apparently, we have schizophrenia.
We Americans must be proud of who we are. We cannot give away our values and principles for the sake of political correctness. And, you know, there are those — there are those who go around proclaiming “Separation of church and state! You can’t put anything up that has anything to do with God, certainly nothing to do with Jesus Christ,” and, you know, “I’ll have a seizure if I see a cross,” and all this kind of crap, you know.

The fact of the matter is: Do they realize that our founding document, the Declaration of Independence, says we have certain inalienable rights given to us by our Creator, a.k.a. God? That the Pledge of Allegiance says we’re one nation “under God”? Most courtrooms, on the wall, it says “In God We Trust.” Every coin in our pocket, every bill in our wallet, says “In God We Trust.” If it’s in our founding documents, it’s in our Pledge, in our courts, and it’s on our money, but we’re not supposed to talk about it, what in the world is that? In medicine, we call it “schizophrenia.” And doesn’t that explain a lot of what’s going on in our nation?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Pledge thing is hilarious.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So... you're saying that an edit to a school pledge of allegiance 60 years ago does NOT take precedence over the U.S. Constitution?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Good god...why the hell does Ted Cruz wear two watches??????

Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

He must be a Diego Maradona fan...
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

sancarlos wrote:So... you're saying that an edit to a school pledge of allegiance 60 years ago does NOT take precedence over the U.S. Constitution?
It's actually just as egregious to trot out the Declaration of Independence, too.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Here's Ted Cruz in a heartwarming exchange with his daughter, trying to prove that not everyone hates him.
Totally Kafkaesque
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Trump is taking his loss in Iowa quite well...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Trump is taking his loss in Iowa quite well...
I am genuinely looking forward to Trump's 3rd party run for the White House.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Earlier (and since deleted) version:
Bad!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Someone needs to change the password on Trumps twitter account. Then again, his two spokes people are dumb as fuck. Especially the woman who wore a necklace made out of bullets shortly after the San Bernardino shooting.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Is that really him? I'm instinctively skeptical of anything from a celebrity's social media account that has proper spelling and punctuation.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Huge endorsement for Bernie Sanders. Fucking huge:

Goldman Sachs chief Lloyd Blankfein: Sanders candidacy a 'dangerous moment'

You cannot get a more valuable endorsement. What is bad for Goldman Sachs is great for America.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

howard wrote:Huge endorsement for Bernie Sanders. Fucking huge:

You cannot get a more valuable endorsement. What is bad for Goldman Sachs is great for America.
You have to wonder if there is such a person anywhere that was previously leaning toward supporting Bernie Sanders, but now will change his or her mind because of the comments by Lloyd Blankfein?
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

sancarlos wrote:

You have to wonder if there is such a person anywhere that was previously leaning toward supporting Bernie Sanders, but now will change his or her mind because of the comments by Lloyd Blankfein?
People close to retirement, or those already living off their retirement account?
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Keg wrote:
sancarlos wrote:

People close to retirement, or those already living off their retirement account?
But, that article did not discuss the likely direction of the stock market under a Sanders administration. No doubt it would go down, at least initially. Blankfein's concerns appear to be elsewhere in that article. Of course, my point was that if one is pre-disposed to vote for Sanders, there is an overwhelming likelihood that they already don't like the likes of Lloyd Blankfein.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Marco Rubio on Obama's speech today at a Mosque:
Sarah Palin is saying "Hey...you're stealing my bit!"
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Obama said this today at that mosque...
“An attack on one religion is an attack on all religions,”
Serious question. What do you think he means by that?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I believe he is saying that if one religion suffers from intolerance, then it is certainly possible that other religions could suffer the same fate. So members of all religions should fight all religious prejudice.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos wrote:I believe he is saying that if one religion suffers from intolerance, then it is certainly possible that other religions could suffer the same fate. So members of all religions should fight all religious prejudice.
But is he talking about physical attacks or your everyday basic blasphemy?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Jerloma wrote:
sancarlos wrote:I believe he is saying that if one religion suffers from intolerance, then it is certainly possible that other religions could suffer the same fate. So members of all religions should fight all religious prejudice.
I'd say that includes physical and verbal attacks on practitioners of a given religion.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I'm pretty sure that is secret Muslim code calling for fire bombing Christian churches.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
I'd say that includes physical and verbal attacks on practitioners of a given religion.
See, I hate when Obama spews that rhetoric. In the case of physical attacks, the perpetrator is usually not only religious but even more religious than the victims. He doesn't call them religious though. He calls them extremists, radicals, and jihadists instead of Muslims, Christians, and Buddhists. There's no need to exonerate bad ideas...especially when those ideas lead to carnage or even just oppression.

As for verbal attacks, criticism is the fuel of progress. If it weren't for skepticism and blasphemy, we'd still be in the Dark Ages. I understand the pandering, but as a lame duck, he should show some intellectual honesty.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Jerloma wrote:…but as a lame duck, he should show some intellectual honesty.
yeah, you keep on waiting for that. Maybe the third version of his memoirs, when he is in his late 70s.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Now we're talking promises:

John Kasich: I’ll reunite Pink Floyd as president

Shine on you crazy Kasich.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

howard wrote:Now we're talking promises:

Gilmour, Waters and Mason reuniting would be pretty excellent. But he definitely has my vote if he can also resurrect Wright.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Pruitt wrote: What are the odds that we are about to head into conspiracy theory madness, regardless of the results? The veneer of civility that has always coated the (insane) American electoral process has pretty much eroded. It is only going to get nastier and stupider which is delicious because (other than Sanders) this crop of politicians is a truly disgusting bunch of humans.
Thanks to Trump, it has begun already.

From The Atlantic:
This time, Trump is accusing Cruz of unfairly siphoning off votes. On caucus night in Iowa on Monday, the Cruz campaign suggested that Republican candidate Ben Carson might drop out of the race, an apparent bid to persuade Carson supporters to switch their loyalty to Cruz. Carson criticized Cruz as a result, and on Tuesday, the candidate appeared to issue an apology, saying that his campaign should have circulated a statement “clarifying that he [Carson] was indeed staying in the race.” Trump is also attacking Cruz for sending out a controversial mailer to Iowa voters that essentially attempted to shame voters into caucusing. “The Voter Violation certificate gave poor marks to the unsuspecting voters (grade of F) and told them to clear it up by voting for Cruz. Fraud,” Trump tweeted. Team Cruz dismissed the allegations as a desperate bid for attention. “Since Iowa, no one is talking about Donald Trump,” said Cruz spokesperson Rick Tyler. “That’s why he’s popping off on Twitter.”

Accusing Cruz of stealing votes helps Trump preserve some dignity in defeat. He has run on a platform of promising to win so much that America actually gets sick of winning. Rather than admit that he lost fair and square in Iowa on Monday, Trump can now claim that the system was rigged.
I love this so, so much. Watching bullies go after each other in a dirty fight... this is so much fun.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Joe K wrote:

Gilmour, Waters and Mason reuniting would be pretty excellent. But he definitely has my vote if he can also resurrect Wright.
And if he gets Syd Barrett back. Otherwise, he'll show he's stingy with the miracles.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Wlu_lax works for a Cruz Super PAC now evidently.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:
Joe K wrote:

And if he gets Syd Barrett back. Otherwise, he'll show he's stingy with the miracles.
But considering Roger Waters' hatred of Israel, Kasich just kissed his 17 Jewish votes goodbye.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Yep, no more original content on this site from me.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Shit, just learned that I was within a mile or so of Cruz today. Remind me to shower twice tomorrow morning.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!