Obama Administration Meltdown Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

howard
Karl Hungus

Re: Obama Administration Meltdown Thread

Post by howard »

John Kerry seems to me to be doing some good things as Sec State. Actually exercising diplomacy. And as long as the Admin continues to stay the fuck out of Russia's way in cleaning up the Syria mess, plus the treaty w/Iran (which is a very good thing despite the ignorant rhetoric out there), I am actually kinda positive about recent foreign policy (actual actions, not the crap 0bama and others continue to spew about Russia.)

But, then I see something like this, which is the level upon which these fucking people actually think. It's better to look marvelous than to be marvelous.

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Secretary of Star Fucking?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I like it. Important enough to talk to the real thought leaders, but still humble enough to do it in the waiting area at an Olive Garden
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Hey, it worked in planning the Argo mission.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm surprised his motorcycle accident in, I think Norway, some months back didn't make mainstream news.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Bicycle
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Bicycle
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I want to ride my
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Man, that's why I love this place!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That was good.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

"Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars" --DC47
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

Obama administration attempting to hide their shenanigans with the mortgage debacle after taking office.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Obama's legacy may be in trouble trouble now that Alex Jones proved Michelle is a man, and Obama was raised by a tranny, because we all know Indonesians are into some weird shit. He has doctors backing his claims. And Obama had Joan Rivers killed for spilling the beans about Michelle, who wears a codpiece to hide her cock.

-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote:Obama's legacy may be in trouble...
And now an impeachment threat!
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

OK, I suppose this is a good thing.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

ImageImage
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

That's about when cars damaged by Cardinals started decreasing too
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

OK, I am glad to admit, this 'worried about my legacy, no election to worry about' President Obama is actually doing some things I like. Peace treaty with Iran (despite the fact the US has already broken it, baby steps.) Some cooperation with the Ruskies over Syria. Commuting a bunch of prison sentences (despite issuing very few pardons up until now, compared to his predecessors.) Admitting they failed to plan for the post-war situation in Libya.

But I could not resist this. He often said he admired and in some ways he wanted to be like Reagan. I think he nailed it here. History doesn't necessarily repeat, but it rhymes.

'We Do Not Pay Ransom,' Obama Declares, Calling Criticism of Iran Deal Illogical

Arms for Hostages
Despite his firm stand against dealing with terrorists, in November 1986 Reagan admitted that arms had been shipped to Iran but denied that the arms were a trade for hostages.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Is it even technically a ransom? I don't understand why it would be so awful to say that you settled a debt and in return Iran agreed to release hostages.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

It is technically diplomacy. The agreement is much more complex than a simple this-for-that transaction. But the public language used to describe it, from all sides, is deceptive, oversimplified and flat out dishonest. Public rhetoric from the administration, from the GOP and other political opposition, and from the Iranians tend toward bs.

Twas similar w/ Reagan and the arms for hostages scandal. In common, the Administration said one thing, loudly, stridently, indignantly, while doing the opposite. Difference, what the Reagan crew did was flat out illegal as well as covered up with blatant lies.

This was a cheap shot by me. Just making a cheap joke. I actually support the larger deal with Iran, and object to the fact that Obama failed to meet other terms, mostly financial, of the agreement, basically breaking the deal and rendering it void. (The money that was transferred was Iran's money, a refund from an arms deal that the US never completed, back in 1979. There are billions of dollars that belong to Iran, that were promised in the deal and Obama reneged.)

The punch line, Iran wasn't building bombs, had no interest in building bombs, at least unless and until Saudi Arabia does the same. They gave up very little in this agreement, and now the US has violated it Iran has little they can do in response.

The good news, Legacy Obama, in these remaining months, is likely to continue to do peace things wrt Iran and Syria. And only bomb Libya a little bit more.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The payment was announced (by the damn White House) back in January. The fact that the GOP is trying to make hay with it now shows how desperate they really are. Not a very awesome secret payment if it was announced during a White House presser.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I love that joke in theory, but it opens the door to pedantic (and correct) responses. I am zero fun.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Just show us the birth certificate.

o/t, fucking Trump promised, on tv, repeatedly, for fucking years, that he would present proof of Obama's foreign birth. This was years before his current presidential run. Never ever did.

This alone should have completely DQ'd Trump from any serious attention, and from getting anywhere near the nomination. This fact alone should've limited Trump to maybe 3% kook vote in NH as a high point of his campaign.

But, shit is fucked up and bullshit. So, Trump.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

howard wrote:Just show us the birth certificate.

o/t, fucking Trump promised, on tv, repeatedly, for fucking years, that he would present proof of Obama's foreign birth. This was years before his current presidential run. Never ever did.

This alone should have completely DQ'd Trump from any serious attention, and from getting anywhere near the nomination. This fact alone should've limited Trump to maybe 3% kook vote in NH as a high point of his campaign.

But, shit is fucked up and bullshit. So, Trump.
One thing that he understands about a large swath of the general public is that they are gullible, not too bright and have remarkably short attention spans. People aren't interested in the follow up, just get it out there, repeat it a few times, and a lot of people believe it.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And even when disproven, it's a combination of the liberal media and "but it sounds believable (to idiots like me)".
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

howard wrote:It is technically diplomacy. The agreement is much more complex than a simple this-for-that transaction. But the public language used to describe it, from all sides, is deceptive, oversimplified and flat out dishonest. Public rhetoric from the administration, from the GOP and other political opposition, and from the Iranians tend toward bs.

Twas similar w/ Reagan and the arms for hostages scandal. In common, the Administration said one thing, loudly, stridently, indignantly, while doing the opposite. Difference, what the Reagan crew did was flat out illegal as well as covered up with blatant lies.

This was a cheap shot by me. Just making a cheap joke. I actually support the larger deal with Iran, and object to the fact that Obama failed to meet other terms, mostly financial, of the agreement, basically breaking the deal and rendering it void. (The money that was transferred was Iran's money, a refund from an arms deal that the US never completed, back in 1979. There are billions of dollars that belong to Iran, that were promised in the deal and Obama reneged.)

The punch line, Iran wasn't building bombs, had no interest in building bombs, at least unless and until Saudi Arabia does the same. They gave up very little in this agreement, and now the US has violated it Iran has little they can do in response.

The good news, Legacy Obama, in these remaining months, is likely to continue to do peace things wrt Iran and Syria. And only bomb Libya a little bit more.
No, I'm agreeing with you and saying why the hell go through such great lengths like they are doing. Just own that shit and defend it and tell people to fellate goats if they have a problem with it.

I wasn't a huge 'Bama fan ("ROLL MUSLIM TIDE!") last term but he's been pretty boss IMO this 2nd term. Should have manned up on this one too and them to GFY.
Last edited by Gunpowder on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

And doing shit like this....well, I've read about the deal - aren't they going to pay the rest back later? Assuming though that they are not - doing shit like this and jerking MENA countries around is probably "why they hate us".
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

mister d wrote:And even when disproven, it's a combination of the liberal media and "but it sounds believable (to idiots like me)".

And then "HILLARY LIES!", which is hilarious. She's like George Washington chopping down a cherry tree compared to this dumbass who finally got kind of called out recently, though it was only his spokescunt bearing the brunt of it.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Gunpowder wrote:And doing shit like this....well, I've read about the deal - aren't they going to pay the rest back later?
The US continues to block Iranian money in western bank accounts, and failed to lift other sanctions. European banks have been afraid to return to business with Iran, because of threats from the US.

Iran has been free to sell its oil/gas to Europe, that was their biggest concern. But they are moving closer to Russia as a result of the Syrian war and other matters, this broken treaty will push Iran further toward Russia and China. And whatever rapprochement achieved by Obama and Kerry will quickly be undone by Hillary. Right after she renews regime change efforts in Syria (not realizing that the game is in the ninth inning and Assad has a ten run lead, with Russia and Iran in the bullpen,) she'll ramp up war rhetoric against Iran. Unless she slips in renewing the fighting in Ukraine first.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Makes total sense. And makes Facebook arguments look that much more ridiculous.

Convoluted analogy: On some level it kind of reminds me of Ed Norton's character in American History X coming to terms with the fact that the white power gig was all bullshit. He simply couldn't wrap his head around the 'understanding' amongst the prison groups. He was so wrapped around his own ideology that he was completely right and everyone else just had to be wrong. (And he had to be. Why else would he be in prison without a grander purpose?) He had to be raped in the shower to see that nah, you're fucking wrong. If there was a metaphorical way to make Trump supporters see that they're wrong that would be excellent. But as noted, it only reinforces their confirmation biases.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:And even when disproven, it's a combination of the liberal media and "but it sounds believable (to idiots like me)".
Prior to Trump's campaign, the standard Fox/GOP method was to push a fear narrative, and by the time it was proven false or didn't happen, they were on to the next fear tactic or untrue scandal. The majority of RW newsies still think ACORN was evil, the one guy actually tried to help the pimp and whore smuggle 13 yo sex slaves across the border (he peppered them with questions and immediately called authorities on both sides of the border). The tapes were proven faked and spliced to make their point, but Fox never mentions that. Then you look at all the horrible predictions about how Obama will destroy America. Even though none of their predictions, which were phrased as certainties, came true, it doesn't matter, the viewers "feel" like the predictions came true, and as Newt said, Liberals rely on facts, which even if true, don't matter, it only matters what feels true. Push a narrative of fear based on lies, and people feel terrified and that it's Obama's fault. When the viewers do get fact checked info, they are programed to believe that anything that goes against Fox/Breitbart is a bunch of Liberal lies.

Trump just flat out lies, constantly, and the people in the crowd go nuts, and likely never learn that he lied. And he uses such blatant pathological liar tricks. A lot of people are telling me [completely ludicrous lie], then he can deny saying it. Or he denies responsibility for half the things he tweets, saying he didn't say it, he retweeted someone else saying it. The Party of personal responsibility. Half of Trumps lies are just pulling shit out of his ass, because he has no clue about the topic at hand.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

#dicksoutforharambe #staywoke #thanksobama

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Those ears tho..

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Johnnie wrote:
BOOM.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Chelsea Manning's sentence commuted. She'll be released in May of this year instead of 2045.

(Mobile link)

Also note:
“Chelsea Manning is somebody who went through the military criminal justice process, was exposed to due process, was found guilty, was sentenced for her crimes, and she acknowledged wrongdoing,” he said. “Mr. Snowden fled into the arms of an adversary, and has sought refuge in a country that most recently made a concerted effort to undermine confidence in our democracy.”
Snowden won't be as lucky. Cue GOP meltdown in 3..2..1...

I hope he pardons Bergdahl for the full effect.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Someone's not worried about Trump right now.