Swamp Travel advice- LA Coliseum

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Swamp Travel advice- LA Coliseum

Post by Rams Fanny »

Buddy of mine from back East is flying here to catch Bills-Rams in Oct. We were thinking of taking a same day commuter flight to LAX and back. Due to likelihood of being too impaired for driving I have the following questions:
-Taking a cab from LAX looks to be a 25 minute venture during "normal" traffic but I assume game days are much worse. If we land at 10am for a 1:25 start, would we likely get there an hour before kickoff?
-When leaving, are there cab lines? Uber lines?
-Mass transit looks a bit hellish (1hr+). Would it still be the best bet leaving?
-Was thinking 7:30pm departure assuming game done 4;45. Could it possibly be safer to book sooner (no bags involved)?
-Any place within a mile we might be able to walk to and get cab/get out quicker?
-Are we going to be paying $12 for miller lite?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: Swamp Travel advice- LA Coliseum

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Landing at LAX at 10am should make no problems getting to the Coliseum. You'll be able to walk off plane, go downstairs, and right out to the taxi lines (been 2 1/2 years, so I don't know if they've added Uber lines at).

I'd suggest walking south from the Coliseum and snagging an Uber/taxi to get back to the airport because it will probably be a clusterfuck getting out of the immediate area. Maybe find a place online and use that as your pick-up location, then call to order a cab when you are 10-15 minutes away to try to time it right for pick-up.

I do not recall if the Coliseum serves beer for college football or XFL games (been quite some time). Gotta believe they will for NFL.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Don't think there's such a thing as an uber line.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Most airports block uber, don't they?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I think that varies wildly from city to city. Additionally, how could they? It's just your friend picking you up at the arrivals gate.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote:Most airports block uber, don't they?
Some do, some don't. There's a special rideshare pickup at LAS.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Dallas Love Airport has a designated "Transportation Network" pick up area for Uber/Lyft/Freelancers. I just flew into and out of there this past weekend and while I was trying to use Uber for my first time ever, a person who does the freelance thing asked if I needed a ride before I could even complete the Uber exchange. So, yes. They exist.

To answer the questions posed in this thread, no idea.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

govmentchedda wrote:I think that varies wildly from city to city. Additionally, how could they? It's just your friend picking you up at the arrivals gate.
One of the ones I was just at, maybe NOLA, actually had a way of blocking the site from your phone.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

mister d wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:I think that varies wildly from city to city. Additionally, how could they? It's just your friend picking you up at the arrivals gate.
One of the ones I was just at, maybe NOLA, actually had a way of blocking the site from your phone.
Even if only on cell service, not Wifi? Crazy, and fuck that mess.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

mister d wrote:
Legal now
http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/ ... ngers.html