The Walking Dead - Season 7

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bfj
Walter Sobchak

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Post by bfj »

Place your bets, place your bets, who eats the bat tonight? My money is on Abraham buying it first. Glenn buys it trying to save Abraham. I like Jerloma's idea on my FB thread that Rick loses his hand (via axe) in Negan's trailer. As he rightly points out, the Governor took Rick's hand in the comics.

Can't wait to watch, only hope I get to see it when it airs and not delayed because of life and stuff. If you don't watch the show or don't like the show, piss off. Find another thread to kvetch in.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Jerloma
The Dude

Re: The Walking Dead - Season 7

Post by Jerloma »

I thought it was brilliant despite making us wait so long. Showing all of this going on from Rick's POV was probably the only way to make us believe that he'd succumb to this guy (even if it's a trick). I'm very much looking forward to crazy Maggie. She's like crazy Rick but with great tits.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Jerloma wrote:I thought it was brilliant despite making us wait so long. Showing all of this going on from Rick's POV was probably the only way to make us believe that he'd succumb to this guy (even if it's a trick). I'm very much looking forward to crazy Maggie. She's like crazy Rick but with great tits.
Did you see her on Talking Dead last night? Holy shit.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

What happened to her sexy accent. That seems to be gone now.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
That French Guy
Maude Lebowski

Post by That French Guy »

People with paddings and spears. At last !
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Anyone still watching?

I had fallen way behind. I caught up from ep 2 through to 6, one short of catching up, this week. Overall, the show's about the same. Not great, but just compelling enough that I keep watching.

I think one problem I'm having with this current arc is just the general improbability of The Saviors as led by Negan. It worked in the comics. Something about that medium grants greater leeway. In the show, I just find myself wondering how he found so many big, strong alpha dudes who somehow also are perfectly willing to mutely follow that crazy, sadistic dude without anyone just killing him.
Totally Kafkaesque
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Um, maybe this:

(can't disagree with you, it is improbable.)

I'm really enjoying the Negan/Savior's arc. I have not read the comics, and I think that may make the TV show more fun. But there have been some scenes, and even one episode that Negan's speeches were a little too much. Not last weeks, with Carl and Judith - loved this most recent episode the most (the Women of Negan too!)

Between Negan and Edward Blake/The Comedian of Watchmen, I'm huge on Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

Hey Dave

Post by howard »

Your post got me thinking, about the improbability of a leader like Negan lasting very long, with all that apocalyptic testosterone. I happened to read a nice blogpost about Genghis Kahn, that got me thinking further about violent top dog leaders from history and from literature.

http://www.ianwelsh.net/the-genius-of-genghis-khan/

And two characteristics in particular:
Genghis Khan was absolutely brilliant at sizing people up, and he was brilliant at inspiring loyalty.
Particularly in inspiring loyalty in subordinate people who themselves were talented/genius/super great at killing and fucking people up.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…