Why I Hate Prosecutors, Part 47

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

howard
Karl Hungus

Re: Why I Hate Prosecutors, Part 47

Post by howard »

Jerloma wrote:Look, the lawyers were obviously able to divert the jury away from the fact that Zimmerman entered the situation as not only the aggressor but the aggressor with a deadly weapon.
This is retarded. "Aggressor?" Fucking retarded.

Zimmerman admitted to no such thing.

This is the kind of bullshit that I am talking about.

I suppose punching a guy such that his nose is bloody and your knuckles are scratched is non-aggressive. Judging from the physical evidence that Trayvon punched and head-slammed George, perhaps the profile was correct.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

Perhaps I should rethink my conclusions

Post by howard »

(Not really; I give Jimmah more props than most folks, despite his anti-Israel shit)

Jimmy Carter on George Zimmerman Verdict: ‘Right Decision’

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

howard wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Look, the lawyers were obviously able to divert the jury away from the fact that Zimmerman entered the situation as not only the aggressor but the aggressor with a deadly weapon.
This is retarded. "Aggressor?" Fucking retarded.

Zimmerman admitted to no such thing.

This is the kind of bullshit that I am talking about.

I suppose punching a guy such that his nose is bloody and your knuckles are scratched is non-aggressive. Judging from the physical evidence that Trayvon punched and head-slammed George, perhaps the profile was correct.
You're right. "Aggressor" is a poor use of terminology there.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

One giant step forward for vigilantism. Exactly what we need.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Sorry to be harsh. I think aggressor is a poor word choice, and I doubt it conveys your intended meaning.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

howard wrote:Sorry to be harsh. I think aggressor is a poor word choice, and I doubt it conveys your intended meaning.
Don't worry about it...I'll get by, my fellow African from another mother. Yeah, I think I meant "apprehender."
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
HDO45331
Brandt

Post by HDO45331 »

This whole thing is depressing as hell. There is a lot of blame to go around for all the countless parties involved.

However, at the point in time when the 911 operator told Zimmerman to not do anything, it should have ended. Mr Zimmerman had no business, whatsoever, in ever getting involved with Mr Martin.

It would hae been very interesting if Martin had a gun, and shot Zimmerman. That is where the "stand you ground" law would have been the factor, in my opinion.

Eh, off to bed and my meds.
It's the sixth version of The Swamp. What could possibly go wrong?
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Somebody on another thread said that a recent spate of hoodlums causing troubles in his neighborhood causes him to ask everyone that he doesn't recognize on his streets "which property they belong to". I really, really hope some old dude in my new neighborhood asks me which property I belong to, so I can point to my new digs on Suck My Balls Street.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Icepenis wrote:Somebody on another thread said that a recent spate of hoodlums causing troubles in his neighborhood causes him to ask everyone that he doesn't recognize on his streets "which property they belong to".
My heavens.
"Uppity boy, are you farm equipment at the Beauregard vineyards or d'you belong to this he'ah cotton plantation?"
(Your citation was from another forum, right?)

Shrew & PDX: That's the first thing I thought when the incident occurred last year. Without knowing anything more than surface noise, my initial reaction was "they better convict that guy of something" lest there develop a self-approving mindset of shooting anyone deemed suspicious by a gun owner.

While Zimmerman is not quite a Bernhard Goetz, he is not so far removed from Bernhard Goetz; each escalated a situation by seeking confrontation that could have easily, simply, been avoided. And each shot Black kids.

Looking back, naturally, we can see just how badly the media got it wrong; the media getting it wrong dominos "activists" into getting it wrong and downward downward we spiral until facts asphyxiate in a vacuum of stupid.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Scottie wrote:
Icepenis wrote:Somebody on another thread said that a recent spate of hoodlums causing troubles in his neighborhood causes him to ask everyone that he doesn't recognize on his streets "which property they belong to".
My heavens.
"Uppity boy, are you farm equipment at the Beauregard vineyards or d'you belong to this he'ah cotton plantation?"

Whoops....absolutely. I had meant to note that it was from another board, not another thread. That thought obviously would have been laughed out of the Swamp.
Last edited by Gunpowder on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The media getting it wrong led to me having it wrong for months. The media blatantly doctoring calls still clouds my thought processes at times when talking about the verdict today.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Icepenis wrote:
Scottie wrote:
My heavens.

Whoops....absolutely. I had meant to note that they were from another board, not another thread. That thought obviously would have been laughed out of the Swamp.
I can't imagine what board.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Did anyone hear the interview with juror B37? Not only does sh refer to Martin as a boy of color, but she refers to Zimmerman through the whole thing as George...even saying that she feels bad for him and she'd be comfortable having him as her neighborhood watchman. This doesn't speak to whether he is guilty or not but what the fuck, lady?
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Jerloma wrote: I can't imagine what board.
How'd you know??!?!?!

woody wrote:And let us not look over the fact that it is not illegal to follow a person.

The pros wants us to believe that it is GZ's fault for ever getting out of his car. WRONG.

I live in a lake community and people rent their houses out in the summer. If we, my wife or myself, see someone we do not recognise we always ask what property they belong to. Does that give them the right to become physical with us? No.
No, it does not give me the right to be physical with you, woody. But if somebody asks me that question in my new digs, I will make them uncomfortable, tell that old man/woman (I moved to Naples, retirement territory) to suck my gens, call the cops, and go fuck themselves and their pets. Like to the point where I'm clearly the a-hole in the situation and am purely doing it for my own entertainment.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This Reddit thread is absolutely incredible:

Explain the Zimmerman trial like I am Kyle Broflovski, Stan Marsh, and Kenny McCormick and you are Eric Cartman who just heard about it on the news for the first time.

Read the opening scene and the episode synopsis. And if you scroll down a bit, the proposed closing line is just masterful.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Hilarious. And, coincidentally, this is exactly the same response I got most often when sharing my views on this case:
CARTMAN: Shut up, you stupid Jew! How would you know? Jews can't even own guns!

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

Me, Jimmah Carter and This Guy

Post by howard »

Charles Barkley said he 'agrees' with George Zimmerman verdict

Preach it, Chuckles:
“There are very few people who have a pure heart when it comes to race. Racism is wrong in any shape [or] form — there are a lot of black people who are racist, too. I think sometimes when people talk about race, they act like only white people are racist. There are a lot of black people who are racist. And I don’t like when it gets out there in the media because I don’t think the media has clean hands.”

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
HDO45331
Brandt

Post by HDO45331 »

Nice howard.
Ol' Howard just pointed with his gun
And said, "That way; down on Highway 61"
It's the sixth version of The Swamp. What could possibly go wrong?
howard
Karl Hungus

He Actually Makes A Pretty Cogent Point

Post by howard »

In the form of a question.

Bernhard Goetz on ‘Bad Guy’ Trayvon Martin, and Staying Armed After Winning in Court
“People automatically take the position, well, if you’re the victim and you get the shit beaten out of you, well, then you’re a good guy. But if you’re in the unusual case where the victim turns on the aggressor and fucks up the aggressor, then there’s the question, is the original victim a good guy or a bad guy?"

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Well, gosh, since white people don't have a monopoly on racism, guess everything's honkey dorey!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The President gets candid. Cue the Republitards outrage in 3..2..1..

ETA

Yup.

Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Just when I thought it was impossible to more disgusted by Obama . . . sigh.

For starters: Trayvon Martin could have been me? Not a chance in Hell. Barry Hussein Obama has that backwards. He should have said "I could have been Trayvon Martin". At any rate, I'm sure Rachel Jeantel would be one helluva First Lady. And there's no shortage of Americans that wish Obama had been Trayvon Martin.

"If a white male teen were involved, both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different."

Staggeringly stupid comment from a sitting President. Unsubstantiated fucking bullshit. Worse, this jackass, fanning the flames of racism in America, seems to have forgotten that he's a Black guy that's been elected President of the United States twice. Anyone who fails to see the utter racism of such a comment is entirely blinded by their own double-standards.

But, hey, thanks President Fucknozzle. I had no idea that a Hispanic guy would never shoot a White guy.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
howard
Karl Hungus

So We Aren't a Hopelessly Racist Society

Post by howard »

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty

Some similarities. Black guy shoots and kills white guy; self defense claim is apparently accepted by the jury, who found him not guilty of manslaughter.

some background:

Roderick Scott Claims Self-Defense in Teen's Shooting

Roderick Scott Trial: What’s Wrong with New York?

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Jay Carney could have just said "Herp a derp. A derpa derpa herpa derp." and looked better than what he actually said. It's a legit question that's completely failed to be answered.

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

he really is the Forrest Gump of assholes.