Trump Administration Meltdown Thread...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Trump Administration Meltdown Thread...

Post by Pruitt »

govmentchedda wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Don't let the grizzly bear issue distract you from the fact that this lady wants to defund public education, deregulate all education, and thinks the goal of education reform is to "bring on God's Kingdom."

She's far more terrifying than any grizzly bear.
And oh yeah, LIED, in addition to all of her other horrible responses.
Law question - isn't that a federal offence?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Pruitt wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Don't let the grizzly bear issue distract you from the fact that this lady wants to defund public education, deregulate all education, and thinks the goal of education reform is to "bring on God's Kingdom."

Do they take oaths? I honestly don't know.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

They do not
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote:
Pruitt wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:

Do they take oaths? I honestly don't know.
Just read that they are testifying under oath. Don;t know what the oath requires...
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

When Tim Kaine was woodshedding her yesterday, I thought he brought it up that nobody's under oath
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I'm going by what I just read on vox.com (it came up near the top in the Google search).

You know, the audacity of the lying is still surreal, even though we should be used to it by now.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

the most terrifying thing about DeVos was that she prepared for the craziness/conflict of interest questions while disregarding any basic familiarity with what the fuck the US Dept of Education actually does

I am feeling more and more strongly about education recently, even though I have no kids (and don't plan to anytime soon... hopefully)
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote:the most terrifying thing about DeVos was that she prepared for the craziness/conflict of interest questions while disregarding any basic familiarity with what the fuck the US Dept of Education actually does

I am feeling more and more strongly about education recently, even though I have no kids (and don't plan to anytime soon... hopefully)
Franken's questions really threw her, and it seems like it was the most basic debate about how to measure the success of teachers or schools. She had no clue what Franken was asking, and he wasn't trying to throw her at all. Her responses, or rather refusal to respond to Tim Kaine's questions were frightening. Basically, she wants to funnel federal funds to Christian schools without holding them accountable to the same standards as public schools. I presume this is due to the anti-science programs she supports. I wish I had a link, but the lessons are horrendous. They definitively prove evolution is fake, the moon is 12,000 years old and that there is no fossil evidence man evolving. My favorite was a quote to the effect of, "scientists fear the truth, because they don't know the truth and rely on theories. But WE know the truth, because it is right there in our book."

I will be pissed off, bigly, if federal funding for education gets diverted to intentional make kids dumb, brainwash them to never believe science, evidence or facts that differ from their 2000 year old book so we can bring on Armageddon and hasten the return of Jesus.

I highly recommend watching clips of Frankem, Warren, Hassan, and Kaine interviewing this nutjob.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

They definitively prove evolution is fake
They should probably submit that for peer review. A lot of biologists might be interested in such a discovery.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:
They definitively prove evolution is fake
They should probably submit that for peer review. A lot of biologists might be interested in such a discovery.
They did. Ken Hamm and Pat Robertson agreed.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Get out your marching boots Johnnie!
I've been voluntold for some mandatory fun, rent-a-crowd type shit in my day, but that seems like it's not only impossible, but complete bullshit. If you want the military to turn on you with a quickness, force them on their day off to march in some "I Love Me" bullshit like this. The Air Force in particular will be on the phone to their respective congressmen and absolutely address that shit with their commanders.

I'd love to see the logistics of Trump forcing en masse all military installations to go to minimum manning so they can march down the street. As if we don't have enough bullshit to deal with.

But the rest of the quote? Civilians cream their pants for flyovers. Those are training missions anyway.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Seriously, what the fuck does Trump think modern warfare is? Parading your manpower made a lot more sense when you were just throwing massive amounts of foot soldiers into a combat zone. Ooooh, look at us coming to take your beachheads!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie wrote:
The word "great" will often be used. A shot every time would likely put you under the table.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

So...the rick perry to DOE looks like it's going swimmingly...
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

rass wrote:
He looks like he's trying to decide if he just sharted.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

So He's Not Good With Numbers

Treasury Secretary left out a couple of things...
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Well, at least that guy understands the subject he's expected to lead.
Totally Kafkaesque
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You don't trust the job creators to pass their savings over to employees in the form of salary increases and have it net to zero?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Yeah that + the whole system collapsing without a guaranteed pool of healthy people buying in.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

It looks like Mnuchin's continued to fail to disclose a vowel.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

P.D.X. wrote:Yeah that + the whole system collapsing without a guaranteed pool of healthy people buying in.
Couple that with the "denial of insurance based on pre-existing conditions", and you are left with the classic Market-Driven Republican Fantasy Health Care Plan: Don't get sick/hurt, and if you do, die quickly.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

We are so, so fucked.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Steve of phpBB wrote:We are so, so fucked.
Sen. William Cassidy (R-La.): “Ms. Devos, great to see you again. I am really struck, the kind of reaction your nomination has elicited. Let me just ask some questions. Do you support public education?”

Betsy DeVos: “Absolutely, senator.”

Cassidy: “Man, that’s amazing. Some would have us think that you do not. Do you think all children deserve to have the opportunity to receive a quality education?”

DeVos: “Absolutely, I do.”

Cassidy: “Do you support the rights of all children, regardless of incomes or race . . . to have the opportunity to choose the school that meets their child’s needs?”

DeVos: “Absolutely I do, and I commend you and your wife for the school that you started that is specifically focused on dyslexic students.”
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

I actually agree with removing health insurance from employers. It's a ridiculous concept.

But I support single payer, so I'm sure I'm not on the same page as Mr. Price on that issue.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

He wanted tanks ... and missile launchers.
During the preparation for Friday’s transfer-of-power, a member of Trump’s transition team floated the idea of including tanks and missile launchers in the inaugural parade, a source involved in inaugural planning told The Huffington Post. “They were legit thinking Red Square/North Korea-style parade,” the source said, referring to massive military parades in Moscow and Pyongyang, typically seen as an aggressive display of muscle-flexing.

The military, which traditionally works closely with the presidential inaugural committee, shot down the request, the source said. Their reason was twofold. Some were concerned about the optics of having tanks and missile launchers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue. But they also worried that the tanks, which often weigh over 100,000 pounds, would destroy the roads.

“I could absolutely see structural support being a reason [not to use tanks],” a Department of Defense official said. “D.C. is built on a swamp to begin with.”
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Brontoburglar wrote:He wanted tanks ... and missile launchers.
During the preparation for Friday’s transfer-of-power, a member of Trump’s transition team floated the idea of including tanks and missile launchers in the inaugural parade, a source involved in inaugural planning told The Huffington Post. “They were legit thinking Red Square/North Korea-style parade,” the source said, referring to massive military parades in Moscow and Pyongyang, typically seen as an aggressive display of muscle-flexing.

The military, which traditionally works closely with the presidential inaugural committee, shot down the request, the source said. Their reason was twofold. Some were concerned about the optics of having tanks and missile launchers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue. But they also worried that the tanks, which often weigh over 100,000 pounds, would destroy the roads.

“I could absolutely see structural support being a reason [not to use tanks],” a Department of Defense official said. “D.C. is built on a swamp to begin with.”
Everyone enjoy your last night of living in a functioning country!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

DaveInSeattle wrote:

Fuck. I just want to go out snowshoeing tomorrow morning, out of range of the cell towers. And if I'm lucky I can get buried in an avalanche.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote:

Gentlemen, there is plenty of room up here.

I am bereft right now.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Gotta be honest. I'm surprised I haven't seen (although is probable I missed it) a #DrainTheSwamp joke about this place.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Steve of phpBB wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:

Fuck. I just want to go out snowshoeing tomorrow morning, out of range of the cell towers. And if I'm lucky I can get buried in an avalanche.
He's like a grown up Veruca Salt.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

He's going to be SEETHing when he reads that.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is this 400K vs 10K concert thing real? I want it to be real.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Happy Apocalypse Eve everyone!