Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Offseason

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 3

Post by A_B »

FInally! A dinger!

But Rass probably deserves some more PT.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

That shortstop needs to get his ass in gear and start hitting.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The BFrogs released a terse statement after their everyday catcher A_B was found, needless to say under mysterious circumstances, passed out on a pile of dollar bills in a men's bathroom, saying only that they had the utmost confidence in rass' ability to step in and contribute to the team.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnny Carwash wrote:DSafetyGuy's performance can only be described as masterful. He notched 10 strikeouts in 7.2 innings while allowing 4 hits. DSafetyGuy goes to 1-2 on the year with 20 strikeouts.

"We made a couple of mistakes," said Rimouski skipper Armando Gonzales, "and it cost us."[/i]

Editor's note: Hey look, DSafe helped his own cause with a HR! Should we start up the DH debate again?
1. Showing up to the park.

2. Pitching to me.

Serious question, or as serious as one can be for this thread - is there a simple way to have pitchers' batting stats included? I assume it is not even an option since they haven't been included to this point.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Giff
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 2

Post by Giff »

Johnnie wrote:Saw this and thought of the league.
The Isotopes announced they will change their name for one night and become the “Albuquerque Green Chile Cheeseburgers,” on June 16. Isotopes Park also known as “The Lab” will be transformed into “The Grill.”

The visiting Fresno Grizzlies will be in town for the matchup and will wear their Fresno Tacos jerseys, according to the Isotopes website.
We will actually be in ABQ that day on our way to California. May need to make this happen.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Giff wrote:
The Isotopes announced they will change their name for one night and become the “Albuquerque Green Chile Cheeseburgers,” on June 16. Isotopes Park also known as “The Lab” will be transformed into “The Grill.”

The visiting Fresno Grizzlies will be in town for the matchup and will wear their Fresno Tacos jerseys, according to the Isotopes website.
We will actually be in ABQ that day on our way to California. May need to make this happen.
You mean, I might get to eat Blake's with Blake? Win! And my gf will still be on her European vacation at that time. So you know what that means...

Brown chicken brown cow.

Tickets are cheap too. $11 to $24. Very worthwhile.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Johnnie wrote:
Giff wrote:

You mean, I might get to eat Blake's with Blake? Win! And my gf will still be on her European vacation at that time. So you know what that means...

Brown chicken brown cow.

Tickets are cheap too. $11 to $24. Very worthwhile.
No Pats fans is rule #4. Sorry.

There's a chance. I doubt we could make this game happen, though. We're leaving Houston on the 16th, but probably not until noon. I want to drive all the way through so we can have all day there and leave for Anaheim Sunday morning. I'll let you know.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote:You mean, I might get to eat Blake's ...h...o...t ...

Brown ...

...h...o...le.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

DSafetyGuy wrote:Serious question, or as serious as one can be for this thread - is there a simple way to have pitchers' batting stats included? I assume it is not even an option since they haven't been included to this point.
Oh yeah, those stats are definitely there, I just filter out pitchers' batting for the reports here so they're not cluttered with guys hitting under .100 (aside from Mister D).

For the year, you're hitting .400 (2-for-8) with the 1 HR, 1 BB, and 1 K.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:Serious question, or as serious as one can be for this thread - is there a simple way to have pitchers' batting stats included? I assume it is not even an option since they haven't been included to this point.
Oh yeah, those stats are definitely there, I just filter out pitchers' batting for the reports here so they're not cluttered with guys hitting under .100 (aside from Mister D).

Math is hard. (Just messing with you.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Johnny Carwash wrote:I just filter out pitchers' batting for the reports here so they're not cluttered with guys hitting under .100
We're losing entertainment here, I can feel it.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

brian wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:

Math is hard. (Just messing with you.)
You're right, it's 2-for-5. Looked really quick and confused PA with AB.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

mister d wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:-Mister D, who is hitting .071 in 33 plate appearances, is unhappy because he expects to be in the regular starting lineup.
I'm a rhythm hitter.
you did go to a school that probably prefers that method
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Let's see...high salary, disruptive in the locker room, hitting .208 and two other 2bs on the roster. Seems like the wlu_lax story will end up being, stats start to improve mid season improving my value, and getting traded to a championship contender for young pitching when Burlington realizes they are not buyers.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I'm seeing the ball really well.

Team is starting to gel.

Coach always reminds us that it's a long season.

Taking it one game at a time.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Are we a small market team? Seems like they may be too worried about keeping GPJ out of Super 2 status than actually winning ballgames.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Ryan wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:I just filter out pitchers' batting for the reports here so they're not cluttered with guys hitting under .100
We're losing entertainment here, I can feel it.
Yeah, I originally just wanted to hang the home run over the rest of the pitching staff's heads all season. Now, I want to keep track of the difference in OPS between Mister D and myself.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I'm just going to assume that I'm the first PH off of the bench.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 4

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 4 UPDATE

Sports Frogs Shellac Sealfisters, 14-3
The Burlington Sports Frogs powered past the Woonsocket Sealfisters, 14-3, at Lizard Kings Ballpark. BrontoBurglar was 4-5 with 2 doubles, 2 singles, and a walk, while scoring 4 runs and driving in 3, to lead the charge. Sabo was the winner. Over 7 innings, he allowed 3 runs on 7 hits, with 1 walk and 7 strikeouts. The loss lowers the Woonsocket record to 11-7.

BrontoBurglar had a key at-bat for Burlington early in the game. With runners on 2nd and 3rd, he hit a 2-run single. It was his 30th hit of the season and gave Burlington an early 4-2 lead.

"We came out aggressive," said Sports Frogs manager Johnny Carwash. "We came out swinging the bats."

Sports Frogs Edge Sealfisters, 2-1
The Burlington Sports Frogs went home winners at Lizard Kings Ballpark, thanks in large part to starter Degenerasian. Degenerasian silenced the Woonsocket Sealfisters, enabling Burlington to grab the 2-1 win. Johnnie earned the save for Burlington, his 4th of the year. With the win, Burlington improves its record to 12-10.

Duff, who is tied for 4th in the Bensell in runs scored with 17, aided the Burlington cause with a run-scoring sacrifice fly in the top of the fourth. For the game, the right fielder was 1 for 3 with a double.

"It was a tough night at the plate," said Woonsocket manager Joey Gill.

Sports Frogs Need Extra Frames to Get Past Sealfisters
Burlington beat Woonsocket on the strength of starter Brian's fine effort. The right-hander led his team to a 3-1 win. Burlington reliever Johnnie picked up the win to move to 3-1. Alberto Quinonez suffered the loss. With the loss, Woonsocket is 11-9.

The most critical at-bat came in the top of the 11th inning. With two out, EnochRoot hit a first pitch fastball from Alberto Quinonez for a 2-run home run. It put Burlington in front, 3-1.

Brian called the win "a collective effort."

Injury Report: rass was hit in the head and concussed by a pitch from Woonsocket's Danny Soto, who immediately becomes our Public Enemy #1. I mean, just look at this asshole:

Hatters Deal Sports Frogs Painful Loss
The Danbury Hatters bested the Burlington Sports Frogs, 5-4, at Twisters Ballpark. Alex Collazo was named player of the game. He was 3-3 with a double, 2 singles, and a walk, while scoring 2 runs. Danbury has a mark of 10-13 after the win.

The game was decided with one out in the bottom of the ninth. With Danbury trailing 4-3, Dong-young Chun hit a sinker from Johnnie to center for a 2-run single. Just like that, the Hatters had a walk-off win.

"I'm just happy to help the team win," Chun told the Danbury Observer.

Pruitt Hits 2 home runs in Sports Frogs Win
A 3-RBI performance from third baseman Pruitt, who is tied for 10th in the Bensell in extra base hits with 13, led the Burlington Sports Frogs to a 13-6 win over the Danbury Hatters. The Hatters fall to 10-14 and continue their unimpressive start to the 2017 season.

In the top of the seventh inning, pinch hitter EnochRoot came through big-time for the Sports Frogs. With Burlington leading 8-6, he belted a grand slam home run.

"Getting a lot of baserunners and getting some timely hits, it's a good combination," said Pruitt.

Injury Report: Brontoburglar suffered a strained hamstring trying to score from 2nd on a single and will miss at least 6 weeks.

Multi-HR Game for Pruitt in 10-4 Win
A 4-RBI performance from Pruitt, who is tied for 2nd in the Bensell in total bases with 68, helped the Burlington Sports Frogs beat the Danbury Hatters, 10-4. The Hatters fall to 10-15 and continue their uninspiring start to the 2017 season.

Pruitt had an important at-bat with runners on 1st and 3rd in the top of the first, when he hit a 3-run home run. The Sports Frogs went on to win.

"The boys were really swinging the bats today," winning manager Johnny Carwash said.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

News and Notes:

-Brontoburglar will be headed to the DL for at least 6 weeks with his hamstring strain. I'll put up a poll to see who we want to call up from the minors to take his spot.

-rass is listed as day-to-day for 6 days following his concussion. To play it safe we'll keep him on the bench for that time, with bfj filling in as the platoon catcher.

-Pruitt won the Conference Player of the Week after going 12-for-21 with 6 HR and 15 RBI.

-Jerloma went 2-12 against us in our series with Woonsocket and was whiffed by Sabo.

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to play well at 14-8. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

Gunpowder: Hitting .341 with 8 HR and an OPS of 1.067
Giff: Hitting .338 with 4 HR and an OPS of .992
Rams Fanny: Hitting .300 with 2 HR and an OPS of .795
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

So it looks like this was really our breakout week. We swept the previously division-leading Woonsocket Sealfisters and went 5-1 overall behind some outstanding individual performances. We're now just a half-game back, and are closing in on the Offenders faster than Chris Hansen.

This week we'll get our first taste of inter-conference play with four games split home-and-home with the Rockford Files. After that we'll have a three-game homestand vs. Danbury. Here are our projected starting pitchers for the week:

5/1 @ROC - Degen
5/2 @ROC - Brian, facing off against the Swamp's own Steve who will be on the mound for Rockford
5/3 vs. ROC - DSafe
5/4 vs. ROC - TT
5/5 vs. DAN - Sabo
5/6 vs. DAN - Degen
5/7 vs. DAN - Brian

Stay tuned...
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Fuck you Soto!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

So, I hope Pruitt is clean.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I feel like Soto hit the wrong NJ dude.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Wins are a dumb stat.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

We've won eight of ten, boys. Keep it up.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

brian wrote:Wins are a dumb stat.
I like how you glom onto my extra inning, game winning HR vs the Sealfisters by calling the win "a collective effort".

Mmmmm.....
Noli Timere Messorem
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

EnochRoot wrote:
brian wrote:Wins are a dumb stat.
I like how you glom onto my extra inning, game winning HR vs the Sealfisters by calling the win "a collective effort".

Mmmmm.....
There can only be one player of the game. And it was me that day, friendo.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

New poll up to vote on our first major roster decision of the regular season. As mentioned above, Bronto, our starting 1B and one of our best hitters, is headed to the DL for 6 weeks. In his place, we'll promote one of our players from the minors. Here are the Swampers playing on the AAA team:

Gunpowder (RF/LF): .341/.420/.647, 8 HR, 1.067 OPS
Giff (C/2B): .338/.420/.571, 4 HR, .992 OPS
Rams Fanny (1B/C): .300/.383/.412, 2 HR, .795 OPS

Rams Fanny is the one 1B of the group, but we don't necessarily need to promote by position as we have several others on the roster who can cover 1B (A_B, rass, bfj, EnochRoot). Vote for whichever option you feel makes the team strongest, and we'll sort out the new lineups and depth charts.
Giff
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Week 4 - *New Poll: Roster Move*

Post by Giff »

Gotta go Gunpowder. Giff gallantly grants Gunpowders go-ahead.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I'm not saying, but maybe Danny Soto is $11 and a mint richer these days. Gotta keep those bench players on the bench.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Any chance you can get Giff to get some time at SS while down in AAA?
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

EnochRoot wrote:Any chance you can get Giff to get some time at SS while down in AAA?
sancarlos is our Mark Belanger. You should embrace him.

Oh, and Danny Soto totally gets drilled the next time he faces us, right? Good thing we went no DH. Here's hoping it's TT's turn in the rotation when that happens.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Giff wrote:So, I hope Pruitt is clean.
Levothyroxin, glucosamine and migraine-strength advil are all you'll find in my sample.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I obviously want it but I voted for giff because of there weren't names attached, I'd pick the guy hitting just a bit less awesome but doing it as a C/2B.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Gunpowder wrote:I obviously want it but I voted for giff because of there weren't names attached, I'd pick the guy hitting just a bit less awesome but doing it as a C/2B.
That must be an unprecedented combination.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Pruitt wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:I obviously want it but I voted for giff because of there weren't names attached, I'd pick the guy hitting just a bit less awesome but doing it as a C/2B.
Sprinkle in some years in CF and some sub-optimal last years and you got yourself a HOF with over 3k hits.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Pruitt wrote:
Jorge Posada broke in as a 2B/C.
Noli Timere Messorem
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

11:06: (Pruitt posts about C/2B combo)
11:07:
11:08:
11:09:
11:10:
11:11:
11:12:
11:13: (Giff finally responds)
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I give 110% every time out there.