Trump Administration Meltdown Thread...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Trump Administration Meltdown Thread...

Post by Johnnie »

Rick Perry makes a great point.

For solar and wind energy.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

It can't be a good argument for one and not another in terms of supply and demand b cause that's basic economics. Unless...
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote:It can't be a good argument for one and not another in terms of supply and demand b cause that's basic economics. Unless...
Yeah the government plays fast and loose with economics especially where energy is concerned. But you can argue that's the role of government. At least competent democratic governments.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Not sure if this made any ripple in the news cycle. Pences chief pour staff resigned. He is a childhood friend of mine. Said he just wanted to go back to his normal life. If I get anymore info I will fill you all in.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sounds like you had your own chief POUR staff last night too!!!!!!!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

I did, and I am feeling it this morning.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Palin is clearly referencing white supremacist dogma here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

No no no, put away your tin foil hat. She definitely would have said "20 words" if it had been 20 words. Fucking libtard.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:No no no, put away your tin foil hat. She definitely would have said "20 words" if it had been 20 words. Fucking libtard.
The beauty of it, Palin has plausible deniability, because someone advised her to write that phrase, and she has no clue. I went into this story with skepticism, but Trump's speech was clearly closely mirroring the "14 words" White Supremacist mantra. And I'm sure Bannon, Stephen Miller or whomever wrote the speech for Trump doubled down with Palin's Tweet, and Trump is also clueless as to the "14 Words" mantra. I don't think he would refuse to say the speech, I just can't imagine he has the knowledge or interest in understanding anything that doesn't involve him specifically (implicating his race isn't enough, Trump Supremacy would grab his attention).
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote:
mister d wrote:No no no, put away your tin foil hat. She definitely would have said "20 words" if it had been 20 words. Fucking libtard.
The beauty of it, Palin has plausible deniability, because someone advised her to write that phrase, and she has no clue. I went into this story with skepticism, but Trump's speech was clearly closely mirroring the "14 words" White Supremacist mantra. And I'm sure Bannon, Stephen Miller or whomever wrote the speech for Trump doubled down with Palin's Tweet, and Trump is also clueless as to the "14 Words" mantra. I don't think he would refuse to say the speech, I just can't imagine he has the knowledge or interest in understanding anything that doesn't involve him specifically (implicating his race isn't enough, Trump Supremacy would grab his attention).
...and said speech was delivered in a country that is experiencing a dangerous resurgence of white nationalism.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Trump's Warsaw speech, broken down by The Atlantic.
Poland is largely ethnically homogeneous. So when a Polish president says that being Western is the essence of the nation’s identity, he’s mostly defining Poland in opposition to the nations to its east and south. America is racially, ethnically, and religious diverse. So when Trump says being Western is the essence of America’s identity, he’s in part defining America in opposition to some of its own people. He’s not speaking as the president of the entire United States. He’s speaking as the head of a tribe.
Noli Timere Messorem
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I was unaware that the 2020 campaign has already begun. Silly me...

"Black Card" Memberships Discounted from $200 to $49

Limited TRUMP Black Card

Always have your TRUMP Black Card with you.

Exclusively for my best supporters that stand WITH ME and against the FAKE NEWS MSM that wants to SABOTAGE our movement.
And the address of the campaign office is c/o
Donald J. Trump President, Inc
Yes, "President, Inc."

This is so fucked up.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I figured that "14 words" thing is that click bait Buzzfeed title that usually ends "and you won't believe what happens next" or "number 7 will blow your mind."

I had no idea there was a white supremacy angle.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Putin, Premier Xi, Theresa May & Ivanka!

Guess three working days in a row is too much for Donald Trump.

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Imagine Chelsea filling in for Hillary and the chaos that would ensue from the right.

The GOP isn't a political party. It's a bacterial infection of willful, prideful ignorance and self destruction. It's like that family member with a crippling addiction that swears it doesn't have one and refuses treatment.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote:Imagine Chelsea filling in for Hillary and the chaos that would ensue from the right.

The GOP isn't a political party. It's a bacterial infection of willful, prideful ignorance and self destruction. It's like that family member with a crippling addiction that swears it doesn't have one and refuses treatment.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

"Coddling Iran & Assad" is just about the last thing that Trump/the GOP should be criticized for. To the contrary, they've been "coddling" Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf States who are sworn enemies of Syria and Iran. In fact, one of the single most dangerous things the Trump Administration has done is pushing the U.S. towards a regime change position in Syria and increased confrontation with Iran. That's waaaaay more dangerous to global stability than the U.S. having closer ties with Russia.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I don;t understand this tweet.

Seriously, I don't.

Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

That's just because you haven't been drinking enough. I have, and it means:

gifting have them Bourne Hubbard the Gregg buffet sad Adams and eyeholes made like a Gaga for a little of course and they were the same guy as we are now you have a lot to say to you have a fun time and then we can go back.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

Here's the translation from English to Russian to Afrikaner to Bosnian to Icelandic to English. Kinda concernin?
The fact that we met President Putin discussed cybersecurity division does not mean I think it can happen. He can not, or danger-fire could be so!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Boy, for people who continually insist that they had nothing to do with Russia during the campaign, they sure had a FUCK-TON of meetings with Russians during the campaign.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Boy, for people who continually insist that they had nothing to do with Russia during the campaign, they sure had a FUCK-TON of meetings with Russians during the campaign.
But it was for the children!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Classic Trump twitter this morning.

Retweets from such stalwarts as Fox & Friends and actor James Woods.

"Beautiful new HealthCare bill"

(And I gather that yesterday's incomprehensible tweet about Russia and cyberhacking was in response to the entire world laughing at Trump for entering an alliance with Russia on this matter. Maybe he's trying to pretend the whole thing was some kind of fun prank? Seriously, I can't quite wrap my head around it. And I studied semiotics...)
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

This is a day old, but it's a great take down of Trump by an Australian political reporter.

Trump has "no desire and no capacity to lead the world"
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote:This is a day old, but it's a great take down of Trump by an Australian political reporter.

Trump has "no desire and no capacity to lead the world"
Around 45 seconds into the clip, when he reaches out to shake Putin's hand, he doesn't do his usual attempt and establishing dominance, as he has with pretty much every other person he shakes hands with. Telling.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, this coming weekend I'll be attending my high school reunion. Should be fun, but there is an aspect I am dreading. I will be encountering a number of small-town redneck Trump-lovers.

Who wants to draft up for me a short list of talking points, to counter the bullshit I'll no doubt encounter?
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote:So, this coming weekend I'll be attending my high school reunion. Should be fun, but there is an aspect I am dreading. I will be encountering a number of small-town redneck Trump-lovers.

Who wants to draft up for me a short list of talking points, to counter the bullshit I'll no doubt encounter?
Depends. How old are you? Or rather, what year reunion is it?
Noli Timere Messorem
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

EnochRoot wrote:
sancarlos wrote:So, this coming weekend I'll be attending my high school reunion. Should be fun, but there is an aspect I am dreading. I will be encountering a number of small-town redneck Trump-lovers.

Depends. How old are you? Or rather, what year reunion is it?
Not that old, yet.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I'm old. 40-year reunion. I'm 58. (I think the only Swampers older than me are Howard, HDO, and DC).
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote:I'm old. 40-year reunion. I'm 58. (I think the only Swampers older than me are Howard, HDO, and DC).
You're not going to win any arguments. But you can plant seeds. I'd just address any of it with "Did you ever see yourself defending somebody who is under such a cloud of subversion with the Russians? And in order to look the other way, you'd have to dismiss a ridiculously large segment of the press as spreading lies?" Then just change the subject and get them talking about something that they feel good about. You'll have planted the seed, and it'll perhaps germinate as their brain floods with good, reassuring feelings.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EnochRoot wrote:
sancarlos wrote:I'm old. 40-year reunion. I'm 58. (I think the only Swampers older than me are Howard, HDO, and DC).
You're not going to win any arguments. But you can plant seeds. I'd just address any of it with "Did you ever see yourself defending somebody who is under such a cloud of subversion with the Russians? And in order to look the other way, you'd have to dismiss a ridiculously large segment of the press as spreading lies?" Then just change the subject and get them talking about something that they feel good about. You'll have planted the seed, and it'll perhaps germinate as their brain floods with good, reassuring feelings.

Nah, all that will get is a lashing out at how that just proves the media is astoundingly corrupt. At this point, if you haven't turned on Trump, it is because you believe Trump over the media, so the media proving Trump corrupt/inept/lying or whatever will only provide further evidence that Trump is right that the "Fake News" is out to sabotage him.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'd love to know what percentage of Trump supporters are still there because they've already invested too much. Like if they could get a free out where no one would ever remember how fucking stupid and wrong they were, they would take it. Its definitely not all or even a majority, but its material, I'm sure.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Yeah, I'd just recommend being in "Do Not Engage" mode.

Also, get drunk (within reason).
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:
But it was for the children!
Reince Priebus' defense of this is one of the most bizarre things I've heard. He said, with a complete straight face, that they met to discuss adoptions in Russia. See, Presidential candidates need to prepare policies on a variety of issues, and it's normal for campaign aids to meet with experts to discuss issues to formulate policies, and this meeting was to formulate a policy on adoptions in Russia.

Then, Kellyann is arguing today that there is nothing unusual about 3 top Trump campaign advisors would take a meeting with an obscure person about absolutely nothing, because they were staffed so lean [and STILL beat Hillary despite all of her money and people!], so the highest level people took insignificant meetings. Ummm, if you are so drastically short handed in staffing, wouldn't you make damn sure a meeting was important before dragging in Manafort and Jared? Wouldn't they be busy, and not be able to schedule a meeting with no agenda from an obscure Russian lawyer? Jesus Christ, their excuses make them seem so damned guilty, but to their base, it sounds legitimate.

Kellyanne conceded Jr. took the meeting thinking he would get dirt on Hillary tied to the Russian government, which is a crime under election laws, but it's OK, because Jr. said the woman didn't have any valuable dirt. I went to the bank with a shotgun, pointed it at the teller, but they had no cash on site, so I did nothing wrong!
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Yeah, I'd just recommend being in "Do Not Engage" mode.
I prefer a dismissive chortle or "Hope that works out for you." But yeah, there's no point in trying to reason with them.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Yeah, I'd just recommend being in "Do Not Engage" mode.

Also, get drunk (within reason).

Those two things are not remotely compatible.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I wrote a long post and then forgot to press send and now this is redundant. But, fuck it... here:

Nope. Just put up a "I'm not talking politics" front.

You will not make a difference, you will only piss people off.

I am more in the 30 year reunion range. I have a bunch of friends from h.s. on Facebook, most of them don't support Trump. But a few do... And those folks are damn near impossible to talk to.. Even the ones that self identify as moderate or independent.. They are full of shit, for the most part. They act all innocent with their "questions" or comments when it's quite clear they are getting their news from Fox and Hannity (it says so right on their page ffs.)

The problem with where we are as a country right now is that one side is being fed propaganda and outright lies, then there's the rest of us who can agree to disagree civilly and can't quite figure out how to deal with the growing infection of idiots among us.

You can try to solve that issue on your reunion night. I'd head to the bar, ask to see everyone's grandbaby pictures, and reminisce about the time you and Pete drove the Jacobsen's tractor into the drainage ditch and blamed it on the crazy Morris twins.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.