Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Offseason

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 15

Post by sancarlos »

TT2.0 wrote:im a bit miffed about my allstar snub...10 wins should mean something damnit
Joe Morgan voted for you.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 16

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 16 UPDATE

Mooseheads Stun Sports Frogs, 5-4
The Saint John Mooseheads picked up a win at Ballpark of Saint John, knocking off the Burlington Sports Frogs, 5-4. On the mound for Saint John was left-hander Alex Felix, who played a pivotal role in the win. Saint John reliever Devon Reid got the win, raising his record to 3-2. Johnnie was tagged with the loss. Jacob Kern was credited with the save. He has now successfully converted 22 of 30 save opportunities.

Had Dave de la Cerda not delivered a key base hit in the bottom of the eighth, the outcome might have been different. Instead, with two down and runners on 2nd and 3rd, de la Cerda hit a 3-run home run. That made the score 5-2, in favor of the Mooseheads.

"It's nice to come out on top today," said de la Cerda.

Saint John has now won 8 games in a row.

Injury Report: DSafetyGuy came down with biceps tendinitis while pitching and will be out for 2 weeks.

Hale Now 9-5 After Subduing Sports Frogs
Getting an impressive start from Tom Hale, Saint John beat Burlington by the score of 3-2. Saint John has now won 9 in a row.

Hale was in the zone all game. He frustrated Burlington hitters while giving the Mooseheads 8 innings of quality work. Hale threw 112 pitches, allowing 3 hits and getting 4 punchouts.

"We'll grab a cold one tonight and go after another win tomorrow," Hale said.

Injury Report: BSF21 suffered an ankle fracture while making a catch and will be out for about 3 weeks.

Sabo in Cruise Control in 11-1 Win
Ballpark of Saint John was the site for Bensell Conference action featuring the Saint John Mooseheads and Burlington Sports Frogs.

The Burlington Sports Frogs got a good effort from starter Sabo in defeating the Saint John Mooseheads at Ballpark of Saint John. The final score was 11-1. Burlington leads the Bensell Conference Northeast Division by 2½ games.

Sabo gave Burlington a solid start. The right-hander allowed 1 run on 5 hits over 8.1 innings.

"Win or lose, we pick each other up in this clubhouse," Sabo told the Burlington Observer.

Machines Drop Another One
Burlington beat Halifax in a rain-soaked ballgame.

Burlington starter Degenerasian put a stranglehold on the Halifax offense. The left-hander had complete command of his change up in leading the Sports Frogs to a 4-1 win. The Machines, at 57-39, have lost 5 straight games.

L-Jam got a big out in the top of the eighth. The Machines were trailing 2-0, but Halifax had runners on 1st and 2nd with two out. L-Jam threw a 2-0 fastball to Ruiz, who hit a single.

Machines Stymie Burlington, Take 2-1 Win
Green Mountain Grounds was the site of a exceptional pitchers' duel.

Halifax got a first-rate effort from pitcher Tom Nowak, who frustrated Burlington hitters en route to a 2-1 Machines triumph at Green Mountain Grounds. The first-place Machines, at 58-39, now lead their division by 6½ games.

In the top of the third, Ernesto Martinez hit a run-scoring single for Halifax. The 86th hit of the season for the Halifax second baseman put the Machines on top, 2-1.

"Being able to contribute to a win is always a great feeling," Nowak told the Halifax Observer.

Machines Edge Sports Frogs, 3-2
Burlington pitcher TT2.0 gave the Machines all they could handle, but in the end, Halifax left Green Mountain Grounds with a 3-2 win. TT2.0 allowed 3 earned runs on 9 hits over 7.2 innings. Kyle Miles earned his 31st save in 32 chances. The first-place Machines, at 59-39, now lead their division by 7 games.

The Machines got a big at-bat from third baseman Danny Ruiz. For the game, Ruiz was 2-4 with 2 singles. In the top of the fourth, with a runner on 3rd, he stroked a run-scoring single. His 77th hit of the season gave Halifax a 3-2 lead.

"Feels good to get the job done," Ruiz said after the game.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- DSafe will miss 2 weeks with biceps tendinitis. Rush will take his spot in the rotation for a few starts, and chedda returns from his brief minors stint to fill out the roster spot.

- BSF21 will miss about 3 weeks with an ankle fracture. Gunpowder comes back up and we'll shuffle around our outfielders to cover the spot.

- We might have to start really being concerned about our clubhouse chemistry. The overall mood is is graded as "Unhappy" and we have 12 different players who have voiced complaints over "disruptive influences." Our one player listed as "disruptive" is wlu_lax, but he's also one of those complaining. The biggest trouble is that we don't really have anyone with strong leadership traits besides Shirley and his cheese-cutting. I might see about promoting Giff since he does have strong character traits and might be able to improve things.

- We got another (shitty) trade proposal: the Kalamazoo Meat Gayzers want us to trade them rass for a 38-year-old middle relieve with an ERA of 5.88. I'm planning to say no, unless rass *really* wants to be a Meat Gayzer.

- Bronto lost 40 points off his batting average in his first week back from the DL. Ouch.

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 54-41. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

Rams Fanny: .321/.403/.509, 10 HR
GoodKarma: .246/.355/.399, 6 HR
Giff: .317/.400/.492, 8 HR
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Tough-luck week as we go 2-4, with all four losses coming by one run. In the meantime, Utica have continued their surge and cut our lead to just a half-game.

Crucial week coming up as we start next week with three games at home vs. Woonsocket, then a potential division-deciding four-game series at Utica.

tennbengal wrote:Fuck Utica.

Here are our projected starters:

7/24 vs WOO - Rush
7/25 vs WOO - Sabo
7/26 vs WOO - Degen
7/27 @ UTI - Brian
7/28 @ UTI - TT
7/29 @ UTI - Rush
7/30 @ UTI - Sabo

Stay tuned...
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnny Carwash wrote:I might see about promoting Giff since he does have strong character traits and might be able to improve things.

I call first.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnny Carwash wrote:NEWS AND NOTES:
- We might have to start really being concerned about our clubhouse chemistry. The overall mood is is graded as "Unhappy" and we have 12 different players who have voiced complaints over "disruptive influences." Our one player listed as "disruptive" is wlu_lax, but he's also one of those complaining. The biggest trouble is that we don't really have anyone with strong leadership traits besides Shirley and his cheese-cutting. I might see about promoting Giff since he does have strong character traits and might be able to improve things.

Back in my day, "leading by example" was considered an asset.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Tough situation. Leading our division but clearly the chemistry is off. P.I.T.A. players are producing so you don't want to trade them. We are also a buying team because of our ability to fight for a championship. Maybe their are some good chemistry guys that we can pickup for some minor league talent.

However, you could also trade/option to the minor leagues virtual wlu_lax6 to make a point to the rest of those team that nobody is too good to get the ax as we play for the name on the front of the jersey instead of the back (The fire the best employee gambit).
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I was planning to talk more about trades. We're coming up on the deadline (7/31, same as real life), and while we're still doing well overall the race has narrowed and we might be able to use a boost.

So, I'll solicit ideas--are we OK standing pat, or should we make a move? I don't want to send anyone packing unless they're OK with it, though.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

I knew that there would be clubhouse problems. Maybe it's surprising for a first-place team, but not too shocking with this particular group.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I'm more than happy to take on any slumpbuster.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:I was planning to talk more about trades. We're coming up on the deadline (7/31, same as real life), and while we're still doing well overall the race has narrowed and we might be able to use a boost.

So, I'll solicit ideas--are we OK standing pat, or should we make a move? I don't want to send anyone packing unless they're OK with it, though.

Any talent down on the farm outside of the 3 swamp folks?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:I was planning to talk more about trades. We're coming up on the deadline (7/31, same as real life), and while we're still doing well overall the race has narrowed and we might be able to use a boost.

Et tu, Burte?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Giff wrote:
wlu_lax6 wrote:

Et tu, Burte?

looking for resources to trade.....Johnny seems reluctant to move virtual swampers. Figured I would ask about talent that would be easier to move without hurting someones feelings.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

So, I guess this might be as good a place to put it as any--discovered a new game that could potentially lend itself to another Swamp thing.

To make it quick: who wants to see themselves as a pro wrestler?
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

Johnny Carwash wrote:who wants to see themselves as a pro wrestler?

Well, I already kind of do in real life, so a virtual version would be most welcome. YES!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

This guy
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:To make it quick: who wants to see themselves as a pro wrestler?

TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

i would like to see virtual me beat the fuck outta virtual delaware
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'd like to see virtual me give virtual you a big hug.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

govmentchedda wrote:This guy

Obviously me too. Sabo will be in if the Kayfabe is good.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Did you really need to ask with this group?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

No trade clause.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I can wrassle.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Only if I can be Kenny Omega.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Pampero Firpo baby!

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

duff wrote:Only if I can be Kenny Omega.

And if I can be your Don Callis. #TopTalent
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Only if my special move is the Montana Handjob
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote:
duff wrote:Only if I can be Kenny Omega.

And if I can be your Don Callis. #TopTalent

Tremendous.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 17

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Sealfisters Lose, 7-3, at Green Mountain Grounds
The Burlington Sports Frogs grabbed a 7-3 win over the Woonsocket Sealfisters at Green Mountain Grounds. Burlington catcher Giff went 2 for 4 with a home run and a double, while scoring 2 runs and driving in 3 to earn player of the game honors. The Sports Frogs, at 59-40, lead by one game in their division.

Rush2112 was a key contributor to the win for the Sports Frogs. In the bottom of the fourth with one out, the light-hitting pitcher stroked a single to center. He threw 6 innings of 5-hit ball.

Giff called the win "a collective effort."

Sealfisters Edge Sports Frogs, 3-2
The Woonsocket Sealfisters got a rather unremarkable outing from starting pitcher Ken Moss, but it was good enough for the club to take a 3-2 decision over the Burlington Sports Frogs. Jose Calzada got the save, his 18th in 22 chances. Woonsocket is 4th in the Bensell Conference Northeast Division with a record of 49-51.

It could have been a different outcome for Woonsocket, had it not been for Leo Barrientos, the 31-year old center fielder. Barrientos contributed a 2-run home run in the top of the fifth inning to put Woonsocket up, 3-2.

Barrientos told the media after that game that the mood in the clubhouse is "extremely positive" after a win like that.

Soto Sensational for Sealfisters
The Woonsocket Sealfisters picked up a win at Green Mountain Grounds, knocking off the Burlington Sports Frogs, 3-1. Starting pitcher Danny Soto, who captured player of the game honors, was a big reason why. Woonsocket currently is in 4th place in the Bensell Conference Northeast Division at 50-51.

Soto delivered a quality start for Woonsocket. The 6' 3" left-hander allowed 1 run on 2 hits over 8 innings of work.

"Danny was Danny," said Sealfisters manager Joey Gill. "We know what we'll get whenever he takes the mound."

wlu_lax on Fire: 6-for-6 for Burlington
It was a big day for wlu_lax and he brought the Burlington Sports Frogs along for the ride.

wlu_lax led his club to a 25-7 victory over the Utica Clubs today at Admirals Ballpark, smoking Utica pitching for 6 hits in 6 at-bats. The 32-year-old second baseman later called the victory "sweet."

wlu_lax doubled in the 1st, hit a two-run single in the 2nd, hit a solo-shot off Carlos Rodriguez in the 3rd, singled in the 5th, singled in the 6th and singled in the 8th.

On the year wlu_lax is hitting .328 with 118 hits, 24 home runs, 74 RBIs, .466 OBP and has scored 83 runs.

Mister D Excels, Burlington Blows Out Utica
Mister D left his imprint on the 13-3 Burlington win against the Utica Clubs. Mister D went 3-3 with a home run, 2 singles, and 3 walks, while scoring 3 times and driving in 3. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 61-42 with this latest triumph.

TT2.0 was a key contributor to the win for the Sports Frogs. In the top of the sixth with one out, the light-hitting pitcher stroked a single to center. He threw 7 innings of 5-hit ball.

"It's nice to come out on top today," said TT2.0.

Multi-HR Game for BrontoBurglar in 6-5 Win
Burlington first baseman BrontoBurglar had a 3-RBI game, which helped his team beat the Utica Clubs, 6-5. Rush2112 earned the win to go to 4-0. He allowed 4 earned runs on 9 hits, with 5 walks and 2 strikeouts. Burlington is now riding a 3-game win streak.

BrontoBurglar had a key at-bat for Burlington early in the game. With a runner on 1st, he hit a 2-run home run. It was his 9th home run of the season and gave Burlington an early 2-0 lead.

BrontoBurglar called the triumph "a good team win."

St. Marie Goes 5-for-5 Against Burlington
Jim St. Marie had an answer for everything the Burlington Sports Frogs threw at him today at Admirals Ballpark. The Utica shortstop went 5-for-5 in the game to put his name in the record book and put the Clubs on top, 9-6.

Summing up his batting philosophy to BNN writers after the game, St. Marie said, "I just see the ball and I hit it."

Jim St. Marie singled in the 1st, singled in the 3rd, singled in the 5th, singled in the 6th, hit an RBI single in the 7th and walked in the 8th.

Thus far this year St. Marie has hit .342 with 5 home runs and 36 RBIs.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- We got a few more trade proposals, mostly shitty or less consequential ones, but one interesting one: Oxnard is offering a good starting pitcher for wlu_lax and HaulCitgo. Still probably a "no," but closer than some others. We're at July 31st in-game right now, so unless some really compelling trade proposals are pitched here we'll likely stand pat.

- bapo! came down with shoulder bursitis while making a throw and will miss 2 weeks.

- DSafetyGuy comes off the disabled list this coming week and returns to the rotation. I'll have to decide who to send back down.

- A_B strained a rib cage muscle and is day-to-day for a week. Giff should get some more play time while he recuperates.

- Ryan is the last remaining position player on our roster with no homers this year. Come on, man!

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 55-46. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

Rams Fanny: .311/.392/.487, 10 HR
GoodKarma: .246/.357/.389, 6 HR
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

So we managed to come out of a crucial week maintaining our division lead, albeit a slim one at just one game:

Coming up we'll be on the road for four games against the Rimouski Rockets, followed by an inter-conference series at home against the Corpus Christi Brinkleys. Here are our scheduled starters:

7/31 @ RIM - Degen
8/1 @ RIM - Brian
8/2 @ RIM - DSafe
8/3 @ RIM - TT
8/4 vs CCH - Sabo
8/5 vs CCH - Degen
8/6 vs CCH - Brian

Stay tuned...
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Mister D...Blows...Utica
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

How are we doing on the league leaders?

Also Looks like we are doing okay against the goal

-Achieve a winning record this season
------------we can go 1 for 3 the rest of the way to hit this one)
-Upgrade at Center Field (you're under the gun, BSF)
------------Hi Enoch Root
-Make the playoffs within the next 5 seasons
------------we are leading the division...for now
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Utica apparently lit me up.

Fuck Utica.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

---Fuck Utica
---Fuck Enoch Root
---Fuck Orange 45

Maybe I can use my speed to Dave Roberts us into some playoff magic.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I just stopped by to hit some more dingers.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I feel like I'm Brett Gardner caught in a platoon situation with a 74 year old Jacoby Ellsbury in CF.
Noli Timere Messorem