Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - Offseason

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 17

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:NEWS AND NOTES:

- We got a few more trade proposals, mostly shitty or less consequential ones, but one interesting one: Oxnard is offering a good starting pitcher for wlu_lax and HaulCitgo. Still probably a "no," but closer than some others. We're at July 31st in-game right now, so unless some really compelling trade proposals are pitched here we'll likely stand pat.

from fangraphs:

Scrub 0-1 WAR
Role Player 1-2 WAR
Solid Starter 2-3 WAR
Good Player 3-4 WAR
All-Star 4-5 WAR
Superstar 5-6 WAR
MVP 6+ WAR

virtual wlu_lax6 has a AR of 6.4. Man he must be some kind of clubhouse cancer for you to consider trading him. Oh right that is his reputation.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

wlu_lax6 wrote:How are we doing on the league leaders?

Sabo leads the league in wins, but otherwise don't have anyone near the very top in any major category. This league has been very offense-heavy so far. A guy on Utica already has 48 HR in 103 games. League ERA is about 4.50, so we're looking at 1999-type stats.

By the way, I'm liking how the worst teams turned out to be the ones you'd guess would be bad from their names. Offenders, Monologues, Stoners, Manatees...
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I think hand-wringing about team chemistry is bullshit. Eduardo Nunez talked about what a great bunch of guys are the Giants after he got traded. Great, but they're in last place. On the other hand, the A's of the early 70's brawled but won championships even though everybody on the team hated Reggie Jackson. The Yankees of the late 70s also brawled and hated Reggie Jackson, and also won championships. The morale of the story is that if you have a Reggie Jackson or two you win championships even if he is "a clubhouse cancer".
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Fucking wlu_lax.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I'd help with team chemistry, but I'm a bit busy putting up MVP numbers.

Ridiculous that the team won't put my valet on the team payroll.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 18

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 18 UPDATE

EnochRoot drives in 3 runs, Leads Sports Frogs to Win
The Burlington Sports Frogs downed the Rimouski Rockets, 10-7, at Rockets Ballpark. EnochRoot led the way, going 2-for-4 for Burlington. Shirley got the save, his 15th in 18 chances. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 63-43 with this latest triumph.

EnochRoot had an important at-bat with a runner on 1st in the top of the fourth, when he hit a 2-run home run. The Sports Frogs went on to win.

"I'm just looking for a good pitch that I can hit well," said EnochRoot. "And not try to do too much."

Sports Frogs Roll Rockets, 7-4
The Burlington Sports Frogs beat the Rimouski Rockets, 7-4, at Rockets Ballpark. The Sports Frogs got a fine performance from catcher rass, who captured player of the game honors. He was 4-5 with 4 singles. Brian, credited with the win, is now 8-5. He allowed 2 runs on 5 hits in 5 innings. Shirley earned his 16th save in 19 chances.

Brian's at-bat in the top of the third inning was a big one for Burlington. Coming to bat with two out, the bases loaded and Burlington leading 4-2, the pitcher reached on an error by the 3B, driving in 1 run.

"We were the better team today. Maybe that won't be the case next game, but we'll enjoy it for now," rass told the Burlington Observer.

The first-place Sports Frogs, at 64-43, now lead their division by 2½ games.

Pruitt belts 2 home runs, Sports Frogs Move to 65-43
A 5-RBI performance from third baseman Pruitt, who is on pace to hit 48 home runs this season, led the Burlington Sports Frogs to a 11-4 win over the Rimouski Rockets. Rimouski has now lost 5 straight.

Pruitt had a key at-bat for Burlington early in the game. With runners on 1st and 2nd, he hit a 3-run home run. It was his 32nd home run of the season and gave Burlington an early 3-0 lead.

"There's a lot of passion in our clubhouse," said Pruitt. "When we put it together we're a great ball club."

BrontoBurglar goes 3-for-3, Sports Frogs Move to 66-43
Burlington first baseman BrontoBurglar was instrumental in his team's 18-6 win over the Rimouski Rockets. BrontoBurglar went 3-3 with 3 runs scored to lead the offensive attack for the Sports Frogs. Burlington reliever tennbengal picked up the win, upping his record to 2-3. Bob McFarland shouldered the loss. Burlington improves to 66-43 with the win. They lead their division by 2 games.

The Sports Frogs grabbed the lead in the top of the fourth. With two out, Mister D hit a 3-run home run off Jaylen Thomas, putting Burlington in front, 16-2. For Mister D, it was his 8th home run of the season.

"We'll grab a cold one tonight and go after another win tomorrow," Mister D said.

Brinkleys Topple Sports Frogs with Late Rally
Brinkleys first baseman Ruben Suero put his stamp on his team's 6-5 win over the Burlington Sports Frogs. Suero was 2-3 with a double and 2 walks. He scored 2 times for Corpus Christi in the contest. Raul Villatoro got the save, his 29th in 32 chances. Corpus Christi goes to 64-47. The win puts them 2 games up in their division.

The most critical at-bat came in the top of the ninth inning. With one out, Mike Zylstra hit a 2-2 slider from Shirley for a run-scoring double. It put Corpus Christi in front, 6-5.

"We'll relax tonight and get back after it tomorrow," Zylstra said after the game.

Brinkleys Subdue Burlington, 4-3
The Corpus Christi Brinkleys beat the Burlington Sports Frogs, 4-3, at Green Mountain Grounds. Corpus Christi right fielder Mike Zylstra earned player of the game honors with an outstanding performance. He was 2-3 with a home run and a walk, while adding 2 RBI and scoring once. Sergio Guzman picked up the win, improving his season record to 6-10. He struck out 2 in 7 innings. Raul Villatoro was credited with the save. He has now successfully converted 30 of 33 save opportunities.

Zylstra had an important at-bat with a runner on 2nd in the top of the first, when he hit a 2-run home run. The Brinkleys went on to win.

"Good pitching, clutch hitting," said Corpus Christi skipper George Hanak. "I can't complain."

Corpus Christi improves to 65-47 with the win. They lead their division by 3 games.

Brinkleys Fall to BrontoBurglar, Sports Frogs
The Burlington Sports Frogs beat the Corpus Christi Brinkleys, 6-1, at Green Mountain Grounds. The Sports Frogs got a fine performance from first baseman BrontoBurglar, who captured player of the game honors. He was 3 for 4 with a home run and 2 singles. He drove in 5 runs and scored once. The first-place Sports Frogs, at 67-45, now lead their division by 2½ games.

BrontoBurglar had an important at-bat with runners on 1st and 3rd in the bottom of the seventh, when he hit a 3-run home run. The Sports Frogs went on to win.

"This win gets us that much closer to where we want to be," BrontoBurglar said in postgame remarks.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- Calling up Giff to the majors looks like it's had a positive effect on our chemistry. While far from perfect, the team morale has noticeably improved, and we now only have three players openly complaining: L-Jam, wlu_lax, and P.D.X.

- In his first start back, DSafetyGuy came down with "groin soreness" while running the bases. He should be OK for his next start.

- TT came down with a mild shoulder strain during his last start and will be day-to-day for about a week. I will see about starting Rush or chedda in his place to be safe.

- wlu_lax now leads the conference (but not the league) in WAR with 7.1. The league leader is Ernesto "Slim" Gonzales of the Fort Myers Manatees, who is hitting .347/.485/.718 with 37 HR and a 9.1 WAR in 109 games. Coincidentally, the Manatees have the worst record in the league.

- BSF21 is set to come off the DL this week, assuming he hasn't decided to completely ditch baseball for his wrestling career.

- Our head scout has some updated assessments of some players' personalities:
    "To call A_B a perfectionist is an understatement."
    "rass is a motor mouth."
    "Pruitt's media savvy is unparalleled."
    "Gunpowder stays out of trouble."
    "govmentchedda is always quick to tell a joke."
    "tennbengal is a good teammate and an avid hunter in the offseason."

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Going 5-2 for the week extended our division lead to two games. We're coming up on what should be a less challenging stretch, with no games against winning teams for the next three weeks. We'll need to seize the opportunity to put some more distance between us and Utica:

Coming up will be a pair of games against Middlesex, followed by four games hosting Altoona. Here are the projected starters:

8/8 vs MID - DSafe
8/9 vs MID - Rush/chedda
8/10 vs ALT - Sabo
8/11 vs ALT - Degen
8/12 vs ALT - Brian
8/13 vs ALT - DSafe

Stay tuned...
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Only when I'm drunk.

And I wonder if the scout is trying to tell you that chedda wants to be traded.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

"There's a lot of passion in our clubhouse," said Pruitt.

"There's another movie idea," said Andy Samberg
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

You're welcome.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

.273/.376/.454 since Week 6. Doin' work.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Any blockbuster trading deals in the league? Clearly we took the Baltimore Orioles approach (although huge difference in being at the top of the division instead of chasing a wild card spot). Our next group against some teams with losing records will be even better if they dumped their talent for prospects.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Bet I'm good at lighting up your smoke too.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

govmentchedda wrote:Bet I'm good at lighting up your smoke too.

He says, "Carwash, I believe this is killing me"
as the sunburn runs away from his face
"but I'm sure that I could be a Meat Gayzer
if you'd only trade me from this place"

There were a number of big trades around the league, but I decided to stand pat since there wasn't any major clamoring here to make a move.

Another thing I'm going to do that I alluded to before is cycle a few guys between the majors and minors each week so that everyone can eventually get some playing time. There will also be the September expansion to a 40-man roster as in MLB.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Was I too subtle?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

From 'biceps tendinitis" to "groin soreness".

I have no choice but to believe the trainer directed me to stop emailing my brother.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

the team morale has noticeably improved, and we now only have three players openly complaining: L-Jam, wlu_lax, and P.D.X.

Casey Stengel wrote:The secret to managing is to keep those who hate me away from those who are still undecided.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

Was I vaporized from the Minor Leagues? What does a C/2B have to do for a call-up in this joint?
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Rams Fanny wrote:Was I vaporized from the Minor Leagues? What does a C/2B have to do for a call-up in this joint?

September is coming...
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Rams Fanny wrote:Was I vaporized from the Minor Leagues? What does a C/2B have to do for a call-up in this joint?

Sorry, I dropped the minors stats from this week's update because it was getting cluttered and guess I didn't realize anyone was paying that close attention. I'll try to get you a call-up soon. You're having a good season in AAA, the problem is that we have pretty big logjams at C and 1B. I might recommend tracking down one of AB/rass/BFJ/Giff/Bronto and cutting their brake lines.

GoodKarma had a cup of coffee earlier in the year but has been down in the minors for a while. I'll try to get him some exposure soon as well.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"Pruitt's media savvy is unparalleled."

Prepping for my post baseball career.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:so that everyone can eventually get some playing time.

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 19

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 19 UPDATE

Multi-HR Day for Bernal as Offenders Overpower Sports Frogs, 9-5
With second baseman Felipe Bernal leading the charge, the Middlesex Offenders defeated the Burlington Sports Frogs, 9-5, at Green Mountain Grounds. Bernal, who is tied for 3rd in the Bensell in doubles with 32, slugged 2 home runs. He scored 3 times and drove in 5. Middlesex currently is in last place in the Bensell Conference Northeast Division at 48-66.

Bernal had a key at-bat for Middlesex early in the game. With a runner on 1st, he hit a 2-run home run. It was his 28th home run of the season and gave Middlesex an early 2-0 lead.

After the game, Bernal refused to speak to a reporter for the Middlesex Times. "You've accused me of throwing teammates under the bus," he said. "So, excuse me if I decline to answer your questions."

Sports Frogs Roll Over Offenders, 9-4
With center fielder EnochRoot leading the charge, the Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Middlesex Offenders, 9-4, at Green Mountain Grounds. EnochRoot was 4 for 4 with 4 singles. He scored 2 runs. Burlington starter Sabo was credited with the win after throwing 117 pitches over 7.1 innings. His record now stands at 14-5. The Sports Frogs, at 68-46, lead by one game in their division.

Burlington pitcher Sabo contributed to the cause with a run-scoring triple in the bottom of the third. For the game, Sabo threw 7 innings of 6-hit ball.

"Nice to put this one in the win column," said EnochRoot.

Shortstop Gets Ass in Gear, Starts Hitting
The Burlington Sports Frogs handed the Altoona PianoFish a sound defeat, 14-3, at Green Mountain Grounds. sancarlos was a main contributor to the win. He was 3-4 with a double and 2 singles. He scored 2 times and drove in 3 for Burlington. The last-place PianoFish have lost 4 straight games.

sancarlos contributed a big hit, a 2-run double, for Burlington in the bottom of the fourth. With his team trailing 3-2, sancarlos took a fastball from John DeTore and stroked the double to left-center. His 12th double of the season allowed the Sports Frogs to leap in front, 4-3.

"We came out aggressive," said Sports Frogs manager Johnny Carwash. "We came out swinging the bats."

PianoFish Win at Burlington, 5-3
The Altoona PianoFish racked up a win at Green Mountain Grounds, bumping off the Burlington Sports Frogs, 5-3. Juan Barajas, who started for Altoona, pitched effectively for his team. Chris Foley converted his 4th save in 5 tries. Altoona currently is in last place in the Bensell Conference Mid-Atlantic Division at 43-72.

The PianoFish got a big at-bat from right fielder John Farmer. For the game, Farmer was 2-5 with a double. In the top of the first, with a runner on 2nd, he stroked a run-scoring single. His 123rd hit of the season gave Altoona a 1-0 lead.

"Nice to put this one in the win column," said Barajas.

PianoFish Lose, 7-3, at Green Mountain Grounds
With first baseman BrontoBurglar leading the charge, the Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Altoona PianoFish, 7-3, at Green Mountain Grounds. BrontoBurglar went 3 for 4 with a home run and 2 singles, while scoring 2 runs. The Sports Frogs, at 70-47, lead by one game in their division.

The Sports Frogs got a big at-bat from right fielder Duff. For the game, Duff went 1 for 4 with a home run. He drove in 4 runs and scored once. In the bottom of the sixth, with the bases loaded, he stroked a grand slam home run. His 23rd home run of the season gave Burlington a 5-2 lead.

"Nice to put this one in the win column," said Duff.

Extra-Inning Win by Sports Frogs over PianoFish
The Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Altoona PianoFish, 4-3. Earning player of the game honors was first baseman A_B, who went 4-6 with a double, 3 singles, and a walk. The win was credited to Rush2112 in relief. His record improves to 5-0. Juan Santoni took the loss. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 71-47 with this latest triumph.

A_B had a game-changing single in the bottom of the 13th. On a 2-2 fastball from Juan Santoni, he banged a run-scoring single to center, giving the Sports Frogs a 4-3 lead. It was the 82nd hit of the year for A_B.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," A_B said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- As mentioned earlier, I'm going to start cycling a few guys back and forth between the majors and AAA during the rest of the season, to get everyone some exposure. If you see your name in the promotions/demotions, it's not necessarily permanent. The roster will expand to 40 guys on Sept 1st, and then if we make the post-season we can decide on the final roster spots.

Back from DL: bapo!
    Promoted to majors: Rams Fanny, GoodKarma
    Demoted to AAA: HaulCitgo, BSF21, BigFatJew, Ryan

- sancarlos is day-to-day with a quadriceps strain, but it shouldn't impact his performance too much.

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 61-53. Here's how our Swampers are doing:

Rams Fanny: .309/.382/.479, 11 HR
GoodKarma: .257/.357/.399, 8 HR
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

We went 4-2 for the week, but so did our friends in Utica, so our lead remains tight at 2 games.

Coming up will be a four-game series at Danbury, followed by three games at home vs. Regina. Here are the projected starters:

8/14 @ DAN - Sabo
8/15 @ DAN - Degen
8/16 @ DAN - Brian
8/17 @ DAN - DSafe
8/18 vs REG - TT
8/19 vs REG - Sabo
8/20 vs REG - Degen

Stay tuned...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Fuck Utica.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Can't believe it took this long to get sent down.

Every week the soul crushing updates of another EnochRoot home run or play of the game or shitty postgame quote. It wasn't right for me to stand in the way any longer.

I'm just gonna head down and crack some dingers in the minors then maybe you'll find me in my garage where I just got preoccupied with an NPR story and forgot to turn the engine off. Probably wearing a Lucha mask. My teammates knew where my heart really was.

Goodbye Burlington, it's been real.
Hello Burlington, the east coast sure is lazy when it comes to town names.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This was a very good week.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

wlu_lax6 wrote:Image

Damn right.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

wlu_lax6 wrote:How are we doing on the league leaders?

Also Looks like we are doing okay against the goal

-Achieve a winning record this season
------------we can go 1 for 3 the rest of the way to hit this one)
-Upgrade at Center Field (you're under the gun, BSF)
------------Hi Enoch Root
-Make the playoffs within the next 5 seasons
------------we are leading the division...for now

Management won't be complaining about Carwash. 12 wins to lock down that first goal
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I forgot to mention that our Pythagorean W/L is 7 games better than our actual record, so I guess I suck as a manager. Sorry.

Also, fuck Pythagoras.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote:I forgot to mention that our Pythagorean W/L is 7 games better than our actual record, so I guess I suck as a manager. Sorry.

Also, fuck Pythagoras.

What did I ever do to you?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I'm just so thankful to Mr. Carwash for the opportunities I've had up here with the big club. I look forward to contributing to helping the Coats make a run to the post season and I hope to be back in Burlington soon.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2017 - WEEK 20

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 20 UPDATE

Late Rally by Hatters Secures Win
In a tight contest at Hatters Ballpark, the Danbury Hatters edged the Burlington Sports Frogs by the score of 7-6. Danbury third baseman Alex Garcia, who blasted 1 home run, was named the player of the game. The win was credited to Ben McDonald in relief. His record improves to 8-4. Johnnie took the loss. Danbury now has a 3-game win streak.

Danny Marimon was the walk-off hero for Danbury. With the game tied in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Hatters center fielder hit a dramatic run-scoring single to send the teams home.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," Garcia said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Gunpowder goes 3-for-4, Sports Frogs Move to 72-48
The Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Danbury Hatters, 15-1. Earning player of the game honors was left fielder Gunpowder, who went 3-4 with a home run, 2 doubles, and a walk, while scoring 2 runs and driving in 4. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 72-48 with this latest triumph.

wlu_lax, who is tied for 7th in the Bensell with a .600 slugging percentage, chipped in for Burlington with a 2-run home run in the top of the third. For the game, the second baseman had 3 hits in 6 at-bats with 1 home run, 2 singles, 3 runs scored, and 2 RBI.

"We won," wlu_lax told assembled media after the game. "I guess that's all that really matters."

wlu_lax goes 3-for-4, Sports Frogs Move to 73-48
The Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Danbury Hatters, 10-1. Earning player of the game honors was second baseman wlu_lax, who went 3-4 with a home run, 2 singles, and 2 walks. He scored 2 runs and drove in 5. Burlington starter Brian was credited with the win after throwing 109 pitches over 8 innings. His record now stands at 10-6. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 73-48 with this latest triumph.

Pruitt, who is tied for 4th in the Bensell in home runs with 36, chipped in for Burlington with a 3-run home run in the top of the third. For the game, the third baseman had 3 hits in 6 at-bats with 1 home run, 2 singles, 1 run scored, and 4 RBI.

"I'm proud to wear a Burlington jersey," Pruitt told the Burlington Observer. "We played a good game and came out with the win. What more can you ask for?"

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 74-48
Despite a great performance by Danbury left fielder Dan Jenkins, the Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Hatters by the score of 6-4 at Hatters Ballpark. Jenkins went 2-4 with 2 home runs and was hit by a pitch, while scoring 3 times and driving in 3. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 74-48 with this latest triumph.

A_B chipped in for Burlington with a 2-run home run in the top of the fifth. For the game, the catcher had 2 hits in 4 at-bats with 1 home run, 1 single, 1 run scored, and 3 RBI.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," A_B said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Victory Pushes Sports Frogs Record to 75-48
TT2.0 pitched a gem to lead Burlington to a 6-1 victory over the Regina Monologues. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 75-48 with this latest triumph.

Had wlu_lax not delivered a key base hit in the bottom of the seventh, the outcome might have been different. Instead, with two down and runners on 1st and 3rd, wlu_lax hit a run-scoring single. That made the score 2-1, in favor of the Sports Frogs.

"We won," wlu_lax told assembled media after the game. "I guess that's all that really matters."

Extra-Inning Win by Sports Frogs over Monologues
Not everyone stuck through the 49-minute rain delay, but those who did went home happy.

The Burlington Sports Frogs defeated the Regina Monologues, 11-9. Earning player of the game honors was third baseman Pruitt, who belted 2 home runs, while scoring 3 times and driving in 5. The Sports Frogs bumped their record to 76-48 with this latest triumph.

GoodKarma chipped in for Burlington with a 3-run home run in the bottom of the 13th. For the game, the second baseman had 2 hits in 7 at-bats with 1 home run, 1 single, 1 run scored, and 3 runs batted in.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," GoodKarma said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Note: That box score isn't a misprint—we ran out of pitchers and had to put rass on the mound (and he won)!

Late Rally by Monologues Secures Win
The Regina Monologues got a strong performance from pitcher Joe Geer, who stymied the Burlington offense en route to a 3-2 win at Green Mountain Grounds. The win was credited to Ivan Moreno in relief. His record improves to 5-3. Shirley took the loss. Regina currently is in 4th place in the Bensell Conference Canadian Division at 57-68.

Dylan Hall made it 3-2, Regina, in the top of the ninth when he hit a sacrifice fly. It was a big at-bat in the Monologues win.

"We put it together today and came out with the win," Geer said in postgame remarks. "That's the main thing."

Note: I think there might have been a bug with the latest patch that makes people repeat the same few phrases in the post-game comments. Either that or everyone is just fucking sick of having to give sportswriters good quotes.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- Our clubhouse chemistry continues to improve, with only L-Jam openly complaining at this point.

- wlu_lax won the Bensell Conference Player of the Week Award after going 13-for-25 with 3 HR and 12 RBI.

- Since starting the year 2-9, DSafetyGuy has won 5 of his past 6 decisions.

- Congrats rass on your first career win!

- Rams Fanny made his major league debut this past week, but so far is hitless in 5 at-bats.

- Ryan, who was homerless in the majors this year, got one in his second minor league game.

Batting Stats to Date:

Pitching Stats to Date:

Minor League Report:

Our AAA Burlington (NJ) Coats continue to lead their division at 64-56. Here's how our Swampers are doing. Note that the stats are fragmentary as they are recent arrivals to AAA:

Ryan: .360 (9-for-25), 1 HR
P.D.X.: .333 (14-for-42), 0 HR
BSF21: .346 (9-for-26), 0 HR
HaulCitgo: 0-0, 0.00 ERA (3.1 IP) - I'll put you in the rotation down there so you can get some more exposure
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Going 5-2 for the week enabled us to expand our division lead over Utica to 4 games:

We'll start next week with a three-game set at home vs. Danbury, before heading on the road for an inter-conference series against the Nassau Tourists. Here are the projected starters:

8/22 vs DAN - Brian
8/23 vs DAN - DSafe
8/24 vs DAN - TT
8/25 @ NAS - Sabo
8/26 @ NAS - Degen
8/27 @ NAS - Brian

Stay tuned...
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »