The Indictment Thread (Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part II)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: The Indictment Thread (Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part II)

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:08 pmStormy's lawyer hitting Trump where it hurts (him).
In light of what Steve said above and the tweet you posted, that's what this is all about. A troll job.

NDA or not, it's about getting him to acknowledge that it's all true by various avenues. A potential result in court going against Stormy is meaningless. It's the mudslinging to get to that point that matters.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:54 am
brian wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:08 pmStormy's lawyer hitting Trump where it hurts (him).
In light of what Steve said above and the tweet you posted, that's what this is all about. A troll job.

NDA or not, it's about getting him to acknowledge that it's all true by various avenues. A potential result in court going against Stormy is meaningless. It's the mudslinging to get to that point that matters.
I think (and this is where not being a lawyer really kind of hampers me) is that even if Trump sues her, that he could be forced to be deposed and then would be subject to committing perjury, which could be part of the plan as well. (But I don't know if you can be forced to be deposed for suing someone for violating an NDA.)

So violating the NDA is calling Trump's bluff in both the court of public opinion and in the literal legal sense.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

brian wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:06 amI think (and this is where not being a lawyer really kind of hampers me) is that even if Trump sues her, that he could be forced to be deposed and then would be subject to committing perjury, which could be part of the plan as well. (But I don't know if you can be forced to be deposed for suing someone for violating an NDA.)

So violating the NDA is calling Trump's bluff in both the court of public opinion and in the literal legal sense.
I don't know for sure that you would get a deposition in a case like this, especially in arbitration and especially if he's claiming liquidated damages instead of damages for actual injury to reputation (because, let's face it). There's already enough documentary and video evidence to establish what the agreement was and whether Daniels breached it. Plus, I think there's already evidence enough to establish that the agreement was made for Trump's benefit. And if not, Cohen would be the one testifying to that. In arbitration, the right to depositions is pretty limited.

On the other hand, the arbitrator has immense and nearly unreviewable power in any arbitration, so if the arbitrator wanted to force Trump into a deposition, there's not much Trump could do about it, other than drop the lawsuit.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm going to listen to this:

https://openargs.com/oa154-stormy-danie ... al-genius/

A couple military lawyer friends suggested the podcast in general and comments in Reddit suggested this episode in specific.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:27 am
brian wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:06 amI think (and this is where not being a lawyer really kind of hampers me) is that even if Trump sues her, that he could be forced to be deposed and then would be subject to committing perjury, which could be part of the plan as well. (But I don't know if you can be forced to be deposed for suing someone for violating an NDA.)

I don't know for sure that you would get a deposition in a case like this, especially in arbitration and especially if he's claiming liquidated damages instead of damages for actual injury to reputation (because, let's face it). There's already enough documentary and video evidence to establish what the agreement was and whether Daniels breached it. Plus, I think there's already evidence enough to establish that the agreement was made for Trump's benefit. And if not, Cohen would be the one testifying to that. In arbitration, the right to depositions is pretty limited.

On the other hand, the arbitrator has immense and nearly unreviewable power in any arbitration, so if the arbitrator wanted to force Trump into a deposition, there's not much Trump could do about it, other than drop the lawsuit.
I read somewhere that the Summer Zervos lawsuit (the Apprentice Contestant) is the most dangerous to Trump, and it is in New York, and the claim allows for depositions with a very broad reach, and Trump could be required to answer questions on just about anything.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Again, I'm no lawyer, but...

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A man of absolutely no character whatsoever.

Slime.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Found the black guy!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:23 pm Found the black guy!
Thu put the black guy and the brown woman together!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:34 pm
As far away from Trump as possible, yes.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:36 pm
A_B wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:34 pm
As far away from Trump as possible, yes.
Put them on the end to make it easier for the white nationalists to edit them out of the photo.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Add 2 more to the sunken place.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

May be a third in top row. Can’t tell for sure.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Just noticed George Washington is perfectly placed with his expression too.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:00 pm
I know for a fact Trump never even mentioned offering the position to Shulkin. First Shulkin heard of it was when he saw the press release announcing he accepted the role. Trump did the same thing with Bolton and other appointees. How do you not even speak with someone before appointing them to a high level cabinet position like NSA? Not an interview, not a sense of whether they want the role, nothing. Is this planned out, thinking they can't say no after it's announced, and he is afraid they will turn it down? Does he just assume everyone wants the honor of working for him, so he announces rather than discussing it? Or does he just have the mentality of a spoiled 2 year old. I want Bolton, and he just declares it?
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

if you believe the "angry tweetstorms mean shit's happening" theory ... there's a lot of shit brewing
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Brontoburglar wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:10 am if you believe the "angry tweetstorms mean shit's happening" theory ... there's a lot of shit brewing
Not one of his 5 tweets this morning have any place being sent out by the leader of a mature democracy.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Some pretty astute journalists now believe that Mueller is planning to issue a report to Congress in June or July regarding Trump’s potential obstruction of justice. (Given current DOJ policy regarding prosecution of a sitting President it seems like the plan is to issue a detailed report laying out the evidence, as opposed to making a charging decision.). Obviously this current Congress wouldn’t do anything but that would make the possibility of impeachment a central issue in the 2018 midterms.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pretty sure when Trump heard "posse comitatus" he thought it was actually "pussy, come and grab us."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

So....about that Scott Pruitt. In a Administration full of scumbags, he might just be the worst. Giving an interview where you say "I have no idea how those staffers got those raises!" (and on Fox News even) is beyond moronic.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:53 pm So....about that Scott Pruitt. In a Administration full of scumbags, he might just be the worst. Giving an interview where you say "I have no idea how those staffers got those raises!" (and on Fox News even) is beyond moronic.
More on Pruitt

I didn't see him on Fox News, but this sounded interesting...
Later, during an interview with Fox News, reporter Ed Henry asked, “Didn’t President Trump say he was gonna drain the swamp? Is draining the swamp renting an apartment from the wife of a Washington lobbyist?”

“I don’t even think that that’s even remotely fair to ask that question,” Pruitt replied.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

It's not fair. It's fake news to hold these people accountable to their actions that go completely contrary to their previous statements.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:53 pm So....about that Scott Pruitt. In a Administration full of scumbags, he might just be the worst. Giving an interview where you say "I have no idea how those staffers got those raises!" (and on Fox News even) is beyond moronic.
The federal government pay structure is so rigid, I can't fathom how a $57,000 raise gets put through. You have pay grades and steps within the grades. It takes years to move up a step or a grade. At the very highest pay grade, a step is like $4,000 annual increase. These guys must have been off the GS pay scale, but still.

Unless you worked for the federal gov't, you can't fathom how heinous the Trump admin's ethics violations are. I was terrified to book a flight cheaper than the government rate, because that was a disciplinable offense. You can't accept a meal from anyone with business remotely related to your agency. You can't attend an event that serves food that costs more than a set amount without high level authorization.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Rules don't enforce themselves, eh?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Trump's Improvised Trade War With China Picks Up Steam
In his statement Thursday evening, Trump said the new $100 billion in tariffs under consideration would be a direct response to China’s retaliation this week. He also said he has “instructed the Secretary of Agriculture, with the support of other members of my Cabinet, to use his broad authority to implement a plan to protect our farmers and agricultural interests.”

It was unclear precisely what he wanted Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue to do.
And some in the GOP are waking up...
“Hopefully the president is just blowing off steam again, but if he’s even half-serious, this is nuts,” Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) said in a statement Thursday night. “The president has no actual plan to win right now. He’s threatening to light American agriculture on fire.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Man, if only there were a way in which a president wasn't acting on behalf of the interests of America could be removed or something. If only such a mechanism existed in our governmental structure. Guess, we'll just have to wait until the next election cycle.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Saw Pod Save America live tonight. The wife listens to it every week. Good show.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Such a relief that media outlets will soon be able to go interview farmers in the Midwest who voted for Trump to get their views on things.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:53 pm Saw Pod Save America live tonight. The wife listens to it every week. Good show.
You got me excited for a new episode. Not up yet :(
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:00 am Such a relief that media outlets will soon be able to go interview farmers in the Midwest who voted for Trump to get their views on things.
I read on Twitter a day or two ago that Ohio lost $1.72 billion when the price of soybeans dropped 40 cents per bushel after China announced it was putting import tariffs on American soybeans.

Trade war - HUH - what is it good for?

Absolutely NOTHING.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:05 am
govmentchedda wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:53 pm Saw Pod Save America live tonight. The wife listens to it every week. Good show.
You got me excited for a new episode. Not up yet :(
Anytime they ask for feedback or I feel the need to give it, I say "please come to Albuquerque after I get back from deployment."

Edit

Just posted.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:16 pm Image
Not to give anyone nightmares, but can you imagine what his 'hair' looks like when he gets out of the shower? I'm thinking something like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror, but longer: